Qui a déjà vu Kingdom Come live !?

Les artistes du présent ou du passé : débats, albums/carrière, découvertes...

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

Voilà je suis tombé sur un reportage sur ce groupe qui date de 1988 à partir de 3'30 . A l'époque où je trouvais qu'ils plagiaient trop Led Zep j'etais loin de penser que le groupe existerait presque 25 ans après et ce n'est sûrement pas grace aux tournées ou prestations live du groupe assez rare! Alors je propose une discussion sur ce groupe plus précisemment à vos expériences live, vos album favori etc... j'ai seulement 'independant" de 2002 :rock:

"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je les ai vus en 2004 au Bang Your Head... mais je n'en ai aucun souvenir. :D :oops:

J'avais peut-être écrit un CR à l'époque, pfff 10 ans déjà.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

jamais cherché à les voir, mais j'aime bien me ressortir l'album "Bad Image" (1993) de temps à autre, souvenir musical d'adolescence oblige mais surtout parce que ce disque est très bon...
jamais trop assimilé ce groupe à Led Zep non plus, c'est trop AOR/FM pour que j'y pense... bon la voix peut-être par moment sur les morceaux plus bluesy

:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

James Kottak, le batteur actuel de Scorpions, faisait partie de Kingdom Come à leurs débuts, et dans cette interview il balance sur les raisons qui ont conduit ce line-up à se désintégrer :
Canadian rock journalist Mitch Lafon of the "One On One With Mitch Lafon" podcast (Facebook page) recently conducted an interview with former KINGDOM COME and current SCORPIONS drummer James Kottak. You can now listen to the chat using the Spreaker widget below.

Asked why the original lineup of KINGDOM COME only managed to record two albums before falling apart in the late '80s, James said: "Well, I hate to say it, but there was somebody in the band who said the wrong thing to the press and created a lot of bad blood. And you can live and die by the press, especially back in the '80s. I mean, I hate to say it, but look what happened to QUIET RIOT. R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow, but, man, his mouth ruined that band; just too much talking and talking. And we had a similar situation where, instead of accepting the compliments — 'Hey, man, you guys sound like LED ZEPPELIN' — it was, like, 'Oh, no. We don't.' And I was the complete opposite. If I was ever asked, 'Who's your favorite drummer?' I'd say, 'John Bonham.' 'Who's your favorite band?' 'LED ZEPPELIN.'"

He continued: "If you're gonna be compared to somebody, be compared to the very best. And that was my whole attitude the whole time. And, unfortunately, the second album came and went, and things happen. It's not always about the music; [there's] a lot of politics involved. And that was it. The manager who got the whole thing together, about halfway through, he kind of lost it and wasn't around anymore, and he was really in charge of everything. So there was a lot of things involved."

Kottak also spoke about the possibility of a reunion of the original KINGDOM COME lineup. He said: "I've been talking to [KINGDOM COME singer] Lenny [Wolf] since 2009 — really talking serious trying to get this KINGDOM COME thing back together, and then it just fizzled. And even when I was, basically… I was asked by Klaus [Meine, SCORPIONS singer], 'Hey, you know, don't do any outside stuff.' Then I said [to the other members of the original KINGDOM COME lineup], 'Okay, guys. Go ahead and go on without me.' And nothing happened. They had gigs on the table. The four of them could have gone and done anything. Just get another drummer. And it just… Nothing happened. So… go figure."

He continued: "I would love to revisit [the early KINGDOM COME material], 'cause I love the first and second album — they're two of my all-time favorite albums. And the songs are incredible. And I think there's an audience out there for it, based on all the other stuff. Heck, if nothing else, we could do the Monsters Of Rock cruise. I mean, we could actually go out and really play a lot. But we'll see."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/james- ... sRYzice.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Répondre