Joel Hoekstra (Whitesnake, Night Ranger)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le nouveau guitariste de Whitesnake et ex-Night Ranger a un projet parallèle/solo en vue, comprenant un casting de choix, dont certains de ses anciens collègues de TSO :
Joel Hoekstra will release "Dying To Live", the new melodic hard rock studio album from his electrifying new side project JOEL HOEKSTRA'S 13, on October 16 via Frontiers Srl. The currrent guitarist for WHITESNAKE, Hoekstra is best known for his work with NIGHT RANGER, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA and the show "Rock Of Ages".

"Dying To Live" features an all-star cast of rockers, including Jeff Scott Soto (vocals), Russell Allen (vocals), Tony Franklin (bass), Vinny Appice (drums), and Derek Sherinian (keyboards).

Hoekstra took charge of the creative process by handling the production, songwriting and arranging (music and lyrics). The end result could best be described as hard, melodic, classic rock that is DIO-ish at its heaviest and FOREIGNER-ish at its lightest.

"Years ago, I released three solo albums that were mainly instrumental guitar music. I wanted to put something out that showcased my production, writing and playing in the genre that I'm known for, which is melodic, hard rock," explains Hoekstra. "That's when I decided to start what I consider to be my rock side project, JOEL HOEKSTRA'S 13."

"Dying To Live" focuses on struggles, potential pitfalls and the art of overcoming obstacles in life to finally arrive where we are meant to be. The CD was conceived before Hoekstra joined WHITESNAKE, whose lead singer, David Coverdale, gave the album his full blessing.

"David wants his players to spread their wings and fly, and, of course, be ready to rock when WHITESNAKE needs them, which obviously won't be an issue," says Hoekstra.

Excited how the new album turned out, Hoekstra is looking forward to the overall reaction from fans and media. "I hope everyone will give it a listen," he says. "I feel it showcases my production, writing and playing in essentially the same genre. The lineup of musicians is stellar! I want to thank everyone for any support in advance. Life is good!"

"Dying To Live" track listing:

01. Say Goodbye To The Sun
02. Anymore
03. Until I Left You
04. Long For The Days
05. Scream
06. Never Say Never
07. Changes
08. The Only Way To Go
09. Dying To Live
10. Start Again
11. What We Believe
12. Kill or Be Killed (bonus track digital download)

An EPK (Electronic Press Kit) for the album is available below.

The musicians:

* Joel Hoekstra (WHITESNAKE) - Guitar, Backing Vocals
* Jeff Scott Soto (JOURNEY, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) - Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals
* Russell Allen (ADRENALINE MOB, SYMPHONY X) - Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals
* Vinny Appice (Black SABBATH, DIO) - Drums
* Tony Franklin (THE FIRM, BLUE MURDER) - Bass

Special Guest Musicians:

* Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER, BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION) - Keyboards
* Chloe Lowery (TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA) - Vocals
* Toby Hitchcock (PRIDE OF LIONS) - Additional Backing Vocals
* Charlie Zeleny (JOE LYNN TURNER) - Percussion
* Dave Eggar (AMY LEE, COLDPLAY) – Cello

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/whites ... qqSwZoo.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un extrait avec Russel Allen cette fois :

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

et un autre avec Soto :

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Et un autre avec Russell Allen :

Pierre Desproges
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Mouais ça aide d'avoir les meilleurs chanteurs du milieu pour faire passer des compos médiocres à l'état de "tout juste acceptable".
Le mec vient de rejoindre Whitesnake et c'est déjà une star en solo. Du coup je me demande si Coverdale a fait un bon choix...
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Madnad
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Madnad »

Y'a pas à tortiller, la basse fretless de Tony Franklin me procurera des "crouic" de bonheur dans mon petit coeur!
Everflow a écrit :Sinon on peut faire un forum "les anecdotes de Madnad des 80's" je crois :D
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ouaip même commentaire pour moi : ça a l'air ultra générique, mais avoir un groupe de ce niveau rend le tout écoutable. Très propre en tout cas.

Pas sûr que ce soit la meilleure promotion qui soit pour le prochain album de Whitesnake, même s'il ne sera sans doute qu'un compositeur parmi d'autres.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Joel Hoekstra (Whitesnake, Night Ranger)

Message par Everflow »

Il remet ça, toujours avec Russell Allen :
Joel Hoekstra, best known to rock fans as the current guitarist for Whitesnake and Trans-Siberian Orchestra (and also known for his work with Night Ranger and the Broadway show Rock Of Ages), returns with his second album, Running Games from his electrifying solo project, Joel Hoekstra’s 13. Joined by Russell Allen (vocals), Tony Franklin (bass), Vinny Appice (drums), and Derek Sherinian (keyboards), Joel and company pick up where his debut, Dying To Live left off.

The new album is out now. Order here, and listen to the track "How Do You" below.

Hoekstra once again handles the bulk of the creative process, overseeing production, songwriting and arranging (music and lyrics), and crafting his vision for this powerful hard rock gem. Add Chris Collier’s masterful mixing and the result is ‘70s/’80s classic hard rock with 2020’s muscle. As with the debut, Running Games features an all-star cast of musicians including none other than Russell Allen (vocals), Tony Franklin (bass), Vinny Appice (drums), and Derek Sherinian (keyboards). The amazing Jeff Scott Soto also lends a helping hand with background vocals.

Says Joel, “Years ago, I released three solo albums that were mainly instrumental guitar music. With Joel Hoekstra's 13, I have started to work on something that showcases my production, writing, and playing in the genre that I'm known for, which is melodic hard rock.”

Like Dying To Live, Running Games can be described as Dio’ish at it’s heaviest, but is also influenced by the blues- based sound of Whitesnake as well as melodic bands like Foreigner, Journey, and the like.

Hoekstra says, "‘Hard To Say Goodbye’ definitely represents the more melodic sound of the album, but rock fans can also look forward to some aggressive tracks."

On Running Games, lyrically Joel focuses on escaping problems both past and present by providing playful, imaginary, and serious takes on the situations.

Long hailed for his fiery, tasteful guitar playing, Hoekstra’s playing here raises the bar to a new level.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Joel Hoekstra (Whitesnake) avec Jeff Soto, Russell Allen

Message par Everflow »

Il s'entoure toujours de cadors. Nouveau chanteur toutefois.

Joel Hoekstra - Guitars
Girish Pradhan - Lead Vocals
Vinny Appice - Drums
Tony Franklin - Bass
Derek Sherinian - Keyboards
Jeff Scott Soto - Backing Vocals
Joel Hoekstra (Whitesnake, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Revolution Saints) has announced the upcoming third release from his solo project Joel Hoekstra's 13, entitled Crash Of Life, on June 16.

Crash Of Life introduces a new talent into the fold as Girish Pradhan (Girish And The Chronicles, The End Machine) takes on lead vocal duties on the album.

The first single from the album, "Far Too Deep", is out today. Watch a music video for the track below, and pre-order/save Crash Of Life here.

As with the previous two albums, the all-star cast of bassist Tony Franklin (Blue Murder, The Firm), drummer Vinny Appice (Last In Line, ex-Dio, Black Sabbath), and keyboardist Derek Sherinian (Sons Of Apollo, Black Country Communion) contribute their immense musical talents. And, as he did on the last record, vocalist Jeff Scott Soto also lends a helping hand with background vocals.

Hoekstra once again handled the bulk of the creative process, overseeing production, songwriting, and arranging (music and lyrics) for this stunning hard rock record. Chris Collier returns and does a masterful job mixing and mastering here as well.

New York City based guitarist Joel Hoekstra currently plays for Whitesnake and Trans Siberian Orchestra. He is also a member of Revolution Saints with Deen Castronovo (Journey) and Jeff Pilson (Foreigner, The End Machine, ex-Dokken) and Iconic with Michael Sweet (Stryper), Nathan James (Inglorious), Marco Mendoza (ex-Journey, The Dead Daisies), and Tommy Aldridge (Whitesnake, ex-Ozzy Osbourne).

Additionally, Joel is also well-known for his work with Cher, Night Ranger, the Broadway show Rock of Ages, his fill in work with Foreigner, annual sets on the Monsters of Rock Cruise, recording projects like VHF and his acoustic shows with Brandon Gibbs. He is also a frequent columnist for Guitar World Magazine.
Répondre