Testament - départ de Gene Hoglan, remplacé par Dave Lombardo

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Le groupe se sépare d'un commun accord de Gene Hoglan
To all our Testament fans around the world,
First off, we are beyond grateful to have had Gene Hoglan ''Official Page'' behind our drum throne for ten years, several albums and countless tour dates. Unfortunately, our brother Gene’s additional tours and solo endeavors in 2022 conflict insurmountably with Testament’s rescheduled dates after two years of lost time due to the pandemic. Rather than Testament having to reschedule upcoming dates (yet again) or Gene having to cancel his own plans, we have decided to amicably part ways. We understand that this announcement will cause some disappointment but rest assured: There is no drama, only the best of vibes between us. As Gene embarks upon a new chapter, we thank him from the bottom of our hearts for bringing the most powerful drum beats to Testament and heavy metal. We have no doubt he will continue to bring it as only he can. Gene Hoglan will always be family and we ask all of you to join us in wishing him only the best of luck going forward!
Also rest assured that we will continue to deliver yet another top notch addition to Testament and will reveal soon! We will see you all on tour very soon!
Testament
Une bonne nouvelle pour ma part. Il prenait beaucoup trop de place dans le groupe actuel. Autant il est dans sa place dans Dark Angel par exemple, autant il a complètement ruiné le son de Testament ces dernières années pour moi. Trop bourrin, trop triggé, trop pas assez subtile ( :D ) pour Testament. Les plus mauvais concerts du groupe (les seuls peut-être) je les ai vu depuis qu'il est là, et la qualité du son en live ne pourra que mieux s'en porter.
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Testament - départ de Gene Hoglan

Message par BurningDarkness »

Pas faux... On verra qui le remplace
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

C est vrai quand live il empiete sur le reste mais testament a souvent un son déséquilibré .
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Il leur faut Dave Lombardo
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Set
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Set »

C'est plutôt l'ingé son qu'il aurait fallut changer plutôt que le batteur :D Et oui, à chaque fois que je les ai vu le son n'était jamais tip-top :/
Sinon complètement d'accord avec Dave, un p'tit Lombardo ça le ferait admirablement bien (Rahhh The Gathering !!!)
Follow The Signs ...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je pense qu'Hoglan peut tout à fait jouer en feeling quand il le veut, ou quand on l'autorise, on peut s'en convaincre par exemple sur les vidéos qu'il poste dans lesquelles il explique justement ne pas vouloir être considéré juste comme une machine froide. Il y fait quelques démonstrations dans ce sens dans d'autres registres musicaux, ou même juste en rock. Au niveau de sa discographie il n'a pas toujours joué du metal extrême non plus.

Du coup je me demande dans quelle mesure son approche dans Testament était de son fait. Cela donne l'impression qu'il a fini par se laisser enfermer dans ce rôle ou stéréotype de "drum machine", consciemment ou inconsciemment je ne sais pas, et que c'est finalement ce qu'on lui demande d'être.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Dans Death il a fait un boulot magnifique .
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Ah si seulement Devin Townsend le prolifique avait la subite envie de faire un nouveau Strapping...
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Du groove, il va y en avoir : Testament remplacent Gene Hoglan par Dave Lombardo! :drums:

Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Double surprise pour moi puisque j'avais complètement zappé la présence de Di Giorgio dans le groupe... Un rassemblement de tueurs en somme.
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Achille a écrit :
02 mars 2022, 08:33
Un rassemblement de tueurs en somme.
"The Gathering". :bang:
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Quel line up je suis impatient de voir le résultât :bang: :bang: :bang:
heavy76
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par heavy76 »

J’ai hâte d’entendre ce que cela va donner!
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Il devrait y avoir des tournées cet été je pense.

Pour ma part je devrais les voir en tête d'affiche du second soir du Vagos Metal Festival. Cela me laisse le temps de bien me remettre à Testament.
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Lombardo a postulé dans la minute du départ d'Hoglan :
Asked if he had to physically audition for the drummer spot in TESTAMENT this time around, Dave quipped (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "I just sent them a link to my Wikipedia. 'I've done these records, including one of yours. Can I come back?' [Laughs]"

Lombardo said that he reached out to the TESTAMENT camp the same day that the band announced it was splitting with its longtime drummer Gene Hoglan.

"I was still asleep, and my wife, she just said, 'Hey, Gene just left TESTAMENT,'" Dave recalled. "And she's been always telling me, 'Man, I can't wait for you guys to get together for that 'Gathering' reunion.' 'Cause we had been talking about this two and a half, three years ago — before the pandemic. And so I immediately — I didn't even get my other eye open and I was texting [TESTAMENT singer] Chuck [Billy]. I said, 'Hey, man, what's going on?' I don't know exactly what I mentioned in my text, but it was very simple, 'Hey, what's happening?' And he immediately called me back. And I remember Tiffany [Chuck's wife] was on the phone; Chuck was on the phone. We were, like, 'Hey.' It was a great come-together moment, like, 'Hey, here we go. This is the moment we've been waiting for.'"

Dave went on to say that the timing was right for his return to TESTAMENT.

"'The Gathering' reunion didn't have to happen putting Gene out, separating Gene and saying, 'Gene, we're gonna go with Dave for a while now.' Nothing like that happened," he said. "This happened organically. And it happened at a time where my other bands, two of the bands that I have, MR. BUNGLE and DEAD CROSS, [Mike] Patton sings in them and he's trying to get healthy and is taking a little hiatus. And SUICIDAL TENDENCIES hasn't been touring much lately. So that leaves me with a lot of little odd projects here and there that I work on in my free time. So it just felt like the right moment.

"I know it can be deceiving because I am in so many different bands, but there's 24 hours in a day and I only sleep eight hours, or seven to eight hours, so that leaves me 16 other hours," he explained. "And I don't take Saturdays and Sundays off. So it was a no-brainer."

Chuck said that he was surprised to hear from Dave so quickly after TESTAMENT made the news of its split with Gene public.

"Right when it happened, it was within minutes after the announcement," Billy recalled. "And Dave doesn't remember, but [his text message to me was] simply 'Lombardo?' That was the text. I'm, like, 'You're shitting me. Tiffany, Lombardo just wrote me, 'Lombardo?'' I called him right away. I said, 'Hey, dude, what's happening?' He was, like, 'Dude, I heard the news.' I'm, like, 'Dude, I would have called you right away, but I just thought it was kind of far-fetched for you to kind of jam because I know you're probably pretty busy with all the other projects going on.' And he was, like, 'No. I've got a big opening and I'd love to get back.' And we talked about 'The Gathering', doing that again. And here we are — it could be a reality to get to play 'The Gathering' like we spoke of."
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Je le savais 😁! Super nouvelle en tout cas !
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

:drums:

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Ce line up de fou un groupe au sommet de son art :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Clair, ça dépote! :bang:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Concert complet :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Lombardo n'a plus le temps en raison de tous ses projets, c'est déjà fini pour sa participation à Testament :
Lombardo issued the following statement regarding his latest departure: "We knew 2022 was going to be relatively easy, as far as schedules go, between myself and Testament. Unfortunately, 2023 has not been so easy. After months of trying to work out specific tour dates, our schedules are just conflicting too much to make sense this year. Therefore, I will not be joining Testament for their 2023 tour dates.

"We are all thrilled that we were able to share the stage last year, it’s some thing we wanted to do for a very long time. I had an amazing experience with the band and am wishing them all the best moving forward. To the Testament fans, thank you for welcoming me, making every show a killer experience, and for your understanding as we all move forward."
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Juste un an dommage bon bah ils peuvent rappeler Bostaph :lol:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils ont pris le batteur de Seven Spires, Chris Dovas :