film documentaire sur Dio : Dreamers Never Die

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Censé retracer toute sa carrière depuis les années 50, il sera projeté d'ici la fin de l'année.
Parmi les intervenants figurent Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Rob Halford, Glenn Hughes et Sebastian Bach, entre autres.
Ronnie James Dio's wife and longtime manager Wendy Dio spoke to Andy Hall of the Des Moines, Iowa radio station Lazer 103.3 about the status of "Dio: Dreamers Never Die", the career-spanning documentary on the life and times of the legendary rock icon, which received its world premiere this past March at the SXSW Film Festival in Austin, Texas. She said: "We did a lot of different film festivals. You go to film festivals to get a buyer for the film. And we have secured a buyer. And it will come out at the end of summer in theaters; it'll be in theaters the end of summer."

At the SXSW Film Festival, several music personalities who were involved in the making of the film — Wendy, BLACK SABBATH bassist Geezer Butler and former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach — took part in a panel, "Dreamers Never Die: The Enduring Power Of Metal" panel, hosted by SiriusXM's Eddie Trunk at Austin Convention Center. Video of the discussion is available below.

"Dio: Dreamers Never Die" is the first documentary about Dio to be fully authorized by the artist's estate. According to the film's official description, it "delves deep into his incredible rise from '50s doo-wop crooner to his early classic rock days in Ritchie Blackmore's RAINBOW, to replacing the iconic lead singer Ozzy Osbourne in BLACK SABBATH, to finally cement his legend with DIO. Ronnie's biography is completely unique to the tired sex, drugs and rock and roll clichés. The film is about perseverance, dreams and the power to believe in yourself."

"Dio: Dreamers Never Die" was financed solely by BMG and was helmed by Don Argott and Demian Fenton ("Framing John DeLorean", "Believer", "Last Days Here"),produced by Don Argott and Sheena Joyce for 9.14 Pictures, and executive produced by Wendy Dio for Niji Productions and Kathy Rivkin Daum for BMG.

Ronnie James Dio's story transcends the standard rock documentary. Set against the backdrop of Dio's autobiography — half finished by Ronnie before his untimely death from stomach cancer in 2010 — the film chronicles the inspiring journey of his life, love, and storied career. Whether playing sold-out stadiums or battling illness, his powerful voice and gentle heart have had a profound influence on his family, friends, and fans around the world.

Wendy recently told Argentinian journalist Lucas Gordon about "Dio: Dreamers Never Die": "I saw the first cut of it. It was very emotional. It's very different from [Dio's autobiography]. 'Cause the book finishes in 1986, with Ronnie playing Madison Square Garden. But the documentary goes all the way through his life till the end. And it was very emotional. I was watching it with my publicist and a person from BMG, who are funding the documentary. And we all cried. It was very emotional. But it's really interesting and really good. Rob Halford is great in it, talking about stories. Lita Ford [and] Jack Black [are also in it]. Eddie Trunk and Mick Wall [author of Dio's autobiography] both kind of narrated it and everything. I'm very pleased with it."

Last August, Wendy told SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk" about what fans can expect to see in the documentary: "There's a bunch of stuff from [old] Super 8 [tapes] and some other stuff. There's fantastic interviews with all kinds of different people about when they were working with Ronnie or what they were doing at the time, maybe supporting Ronnie. It's totally different to the [recently released Dio] book. And I'm very interested to see this cut. I'm excited, actually, to see it. And I think it's gonna be great."

In October 2019, Wendy told the WSOU radio station that the documentary "will go from Ronnie's childhood all the way through [to the end of his life]. I think they interviewed Jack Black, and I think they interviewed all of Ronnie's bandmembers and Doug Aldrich and, I think, Jeff Pilson. They were getting ready to go to Arizona to interview Rob Halford and Lita Ford. And then they were going into England to interview Tony Iommi. They already did Geezer. So there will be very interesting stories from different people. I think it'll be a great thing, and it'll show people a lot of things that people have never seen before."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Extrait sur la pochette de Holy Diver!

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pas de projections en France pour l'instant, mais ça pourrait venir :

https://www.diodreamersneverdie.com/
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cela va sortir en DVD avec des bonus non retenus pour le film :
During an appearance on this past Wednesday's (April 26) episode of SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk", Wendy Dio was asked if "Dio: Dreamers Never Die", the first-ever career-spanning documentary on the life and times of legendary metal icon Ronnie James Dio, will get a DVD and Blu-Ray release in the near future. Ronnie's widow and longtime manager responded (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "Oh, yes, absolutely. That's in the works. In fact, I was just singing off on the credits today. And that will be out on Mercury through Universal in September. It comes out on Blu-ray and on DVD, and there's so much bonus stuff on it too; there's a whole bunch of bonus stuff that never made it to the film that will be in there. So I'm excited about that. Of course it's still on Showtime, but a lot of the people in Europe and stuff didn't get it at all unless they saw it when it was in theaters. So now it will go worldwide."

Elaborating on the bonus footage that will be available with the DVD and Blu-ray, Wendy said: "The thing was there was so much material that we had, it would have been a five-hour movie. So a lot of the stuff, unfortunately, had to [be] cut out. But there's different stories — Simon [Wright, former DIO drummer] talking about Ronnie, there's some Jack Black content, there's some content about me saying some different things. There's some content with Wyn Davis, who was Ronnie's engineer that's revealing different things about stuff. There's lots of interesting stuff that was in there, but we had to cut a lot of stuff out because it just would have been way too long. But now they're getting to have the bonus stuff, extra stuff that would have been included if we had time."
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Je l’ai regardé pour Noël. Assez surprise de tout ce qu’on apprend sur Dio, c’était passionnant, j’ai beaucoup aimé tout son parcours, son portrait assez atypique. Il a vraiment bossé comme un acharné. C’est bourré de témoignages, d’anecdotes (Putain, ce qu’il a balancé à Don Dokken lors de l’enregistrement de Hear N Aid ! 😄)
:riff:
Metal Witchcraft
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Metal Witchcraft »

J'espère qu'il sera sous-titré en français.
Répondre