Deicide - Banished By Sin

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau guitariste, nouvel album.
Et premier single pour fêter Noël comme il se doit.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Re: Deicide - Banished By Sin

Message par Achille »

Ils ont bon appétit !
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Deicide - Banished By Sin

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau clip disponible.
Sortie fin avril.
In an act of audacious defiance that is sure to ignite controversy, death metal titans, Deicide, have released their provocative new single "Sever The Tongue" today, Ash Wednesday, adding a layer of blasphemy to this day's observances. This amplifies the band's notorious reputation for challenging religious conventions, reinforcing their position at the vanguard of the death metal genre.

If the gruesome visuals of "Bury the Cross...With Your Christ" didn’t offend, then lines like this from "Sever the Tongue" certainly will, "Wrath of the holy / God is no more / Satan possess me / No savior reborn / F**k your religion / Sever the tongue."

Glen Benton, the ever-provocative frontman, taunts, "A life undone on the crucifix hung…sever the tongue..."

"Sever The Tongue" is crafted in the infernal workshops of Smoke & Mirrors, showcasing Deicide's relentless pursuit of extreme musical devastation. The track benefits from the engineering prowess of Jeramie Kling and the adept musicianship of Taylor Nordberg, with the sonic alchemy perfected by the masterful mixing and mastering of Josh Wilbur.

This release not only serves as a harbinger of the darkly anticipated album, Banished By Sin, set for release on April 26, but also marks the opening of pre-orders for what promises to be a monumental addition to the death metal canon. Fans eager to secure their copy can do so now, ensuring they are among the first to experience Deicide's latest sacrilegious offering. Pre-orders are available here.

In addition to the single, Deicide has collaborated with David Brodsky from My Good Eye: Music Visuals for a visually arresting video that complements the track's blasphemous undertones. With Brodsky at the helm, the video promises to be a cinematic journey through darkness and defiance. Allison Woest returns to produce, alongside a talented team dedicated to bringing the song's thematic elements to life visually.

Banished By Sin looms on the horizon, ready to cement Deicide's legacy and influence in the death metal scene. The album is a testament to the band's unwavering commitment to their craft, promising a collection of tracks that are both ferocious and unapologetically blasphemous.

"I've been sitting in a dark corner for several years now," states Benton. "A few things have come into my life that have shaken and changed me. I got inspired writing this new record—it was like flipping a switch. I no longer have the aggravation of other peoples' hangups interfering with what I have and want to do. I stopped chasing everybody else's happiness a long time ago. The guy who started this shit is back! And it's good to be back!"

"Musically, we're back to the 1990s style," Benton says. "There's modern stuff in there, too. It's Deicide the way it was meant to be. My hooky songs are there, Steve's prog-styled songs are there, and we got Kevin's theme-styled songs. Having Taylor in the band has impacted Deicide greatly. He's a fantastic songwriter and player. He can do anything. The four of us contributed three songs each. I'm back with the high screaming and layering. I'm just absolutely going off on this one. I've been told it's one of my best vocal performances. I'm like Rumpelstiltskin—here to spin your hay into gold. Everybody's going to be pleasantly surprised."

Deicide stands ready to challenge the faithful and reward the wicked. Join them in their blasphemous crusade and prepare to be Banished By Sin.

Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

C'est moi oú ça sent la pochette générée par une IA..?
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Oui d'autant que cette pochette et celle du projet de Kerry King se ressemblent pas mal
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Les deux sont dégueulasses et d'autant plus dégueulasses si ça vient d'une IA...
Total boycott des albums si c'est le cas...
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Sacre Benton toujours aussi courageux couper des langues a des gens accrochés c est pas très satanique :lol:
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Par contre les solos c est du tout bon :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Benton assume et se justifie sur l'emploi "mesuré" de l'IA pour la pochette :

“Well, people don’t understand that the album cover that we did, it was done with Photoshop and with some A.I., but it’s a more modern version. It’s like Legion—When I did the Legion album cover, computers were still fucking new. Nobody knew anything about three-dimensional artwork or any shit like that. And I was the first person to even fucking fuck with that when I designed the Legion album cover. Now I’ve been in the computers and all that shit since they all came about. So I may be ahead of a lot of people when it comes to computers. I have two iMacs and MacBook Pro and iPad Pro. So I’m a little versed with the whole computer age and in Photoshop and all that stuff and that.

“I like to do something different and provocative. And I know the whole A.I. thing, everybody’s [up in arms about it]… But it was meant to stir. People don’t understand. It’s a modernization of… It’s a sign of the time that we’re in. People just can’t—Their first [reaction] is, like, ‘Oh, he’s trying to put all of us artists out of work. And I’ll be stuck drawing penises in men’s bathrooms for the rest of my life.’ So everybody’s up in arms and thinking that this is the end of the fucking world. And it’s really ridiculous, man. It’s just a form of art and expression. So I think people should just really stop being ridiculous and accept it for what it is, man. It’s a sign of the times.”

“I don’t do the same album artwork over and over and over again, and I don’t use these scribble artists to create these logos that you cannot read or make out. I’m just not into that shit. All these wannabe Rembrandts and shit, man. You know what? I design artwork around the whole thing, man. And I don’t take other people’s feelings or their ideas ,or I don’t sit here and think, ‘Well, what’s this blue-haired kid in Nebraska gonna think about the album cover?’ I do what I do because I like it, and I don’t give a shit what anybody else thinks. So if it pisses people off… And it’s really more like these bandwagon little shitheads; they all wanna jump on the bandwagon, ‘Boohoohoo.’

“But here’s the thing, how hypocritical it is, because my art was being stolen [illegally downloaded] and stepped all over in the ’90s. Metallica had seen it come and they tried to stop it. But all these wannabe mercenaries for artists and all these idiots out there, they were the same people right there stealing my art back then. So where were all you guys at to defend my art being stolen and taken advantage of?

“So, all I did was just did an album cover, really, that just focused on the whole modernization of the modern time and, really, it’s just a reflection of the age that we’re in right now. I can’t spend my days trying to explain this. I have a saying: I don’t try to convince stupid is dumb, and I don’t try to convince dumb is stupid. So I just let it do its thing and piss people off. I have a great time with it. It’s hilarious. Yeah, it is what it is, man. It’s meant to stir the shit paddle, and that’s what I do.”
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Du Benton quoi :lol:

Prochain album de Deicide uniquement composé en IA car d'après tonton Benton c'est vivre avec son temps, c'est le progrés et ceux qui ne sont pas d'accord sont des sales cons.

Et j'aime bien le "oui c'est IA mais avec du photoshop". Bravo tu as fait faire 99.99% du taf à une IA et via ton éditeur de photo sur iPhone tu as juste changé le contraste. Mais quel immense artiste :bow:
Ca me rappelle les fameux "desserts faits maison" de certains restau et brasserie ou en fait ils sont tous fait en usine et décongelé en cuisine, on rajoute un peu de sucre dessus ou une boule de glace et hop, le tour est joué c'est fait maison.
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Benton rigolera moins quand son groupe sera remplacé par des IA
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

ça correspondrait bien au nom de l'album d'ailleurs :D
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Banished by IA :lol:
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »