Bruce Dickinson

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Bruce et Roy Z sont en train de travailler sur un prochain album solo.
IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson recently spent time in Southern California with his longtime collaborator Roy "Z" Ramirez working on material for his next solo album.

On Wednesday (April 20), Roy took to his social media to share a few photos from the studio and he included the following message: "I just can't wait for you all to hear the fruits of our collaborative efforts."

Last month, Bruce told Consequence about the progress of the songwriting sessions for his new solo LP: "I've been working on it, on and off, since [2005's] 'Tyranny Of Souls'. But between lockdowns and albums and MAIDEN tours and everything else, I'm looking for a clear space to actually nail and say, 'Okay, this is what it's gonna be,' and get Roy to put some backing tracks down. And then we can do it. So we're at the point now where we've already got — I don't know — anywhere between 50 and 70 percent of the material for the album, depend[ing] on what we pick, from things we've already got. And I think we'd like to tweak it a little bit. So I've got some time. When I finish this [U.S. spoken-word tour] in March, I've got three weeks in L.A. And so I'm gonna be tweaking a few things with Roy. And we'll see where we get to. And if we get to the point where we can start putting backing tracks down, then I'll be off touring with MAIDEN and he can be chipping away doing the backing tracks. And the technology exists now, of course, which didn't exist back in the day, to just get on a Zoom call with him and take a listen. We were already going that way on 'Tyranny Of Souls'. He actually sent me a CD of the backing tracks — just rough; no guitar solos; just rough — and I put a set of headphones on. I was in Japan on tour at the time, and I just walked the streets of Tokyo at, like, nine in the morning with a notepad, mentally writing words and melodies, and then just flew back to L.A. and did the vocals. And that worked out great; 'Tyranny Of Souls' is a great album."

Back in December 2017, Dickinson said that his next solo LP would likely include a reworked version of "If Eternity Should Fail", the opening track on IRON MAIDEN's 2015 disc "The Book Of Souls". At the time, he said that he had about "half" of his seventh record already written and he also confirmed that "If Eternity Should Fail" was originally penned as a Dickinson solo track.

He told Finland's Kaaos TV that the original plan was for his next solo record to be "a whole concept album, which was gonna be called 'If Eternity Should Fail'. And 'If Eternity Should Fail' was the title track to my new solo album," he said. "And a bit like [Dickinson's 1989 solo song] 'Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter' [laughs], it got commandeered for IRON MAIDEN. So if I did do another solo album, which I think I will, I might just stick to my original plan and have that as the title track. I mean, I did write it — it was the first track that I wrote for it. So, yeah, I'd probably still include that song. But it would be… the feel would be slightly different — not very much, though — from the MAIDEN version."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

Boudu, je l'espérais plus celui-ci
Super nouvelle dans tous les cas
Et vu les performances de l'ami Bruce sur les deux dernières tournées, j'aimerais vraiment le voir en solo en 2024
Cacolac, pour la soif et pour le plaisir.
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Bon par contre la pochette... :D :D
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

J'ose espérer que c'est pas.le visuel définitif
Après le père Bruce a souvent eu des pochettes dégueulasses...
Tailgunner
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Tailgunner »

Mettons que ses visuels sont à l'image de son goût en matière de frocs sur scène :D
La bave du crapaud n'empêche pas la caravane de passer :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Premier extrait :

Tailgunner
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Tailgunner »

Étonnamment, vu ce que je pense des sorties d'Iron Maiden depuis 15 ans, j'ai trouvé ce titre bon. Epique, bien composé. C'est ce que j'attendrais d'un disque de Maiden :lol:
La bave du crapaud n'empêche pas la caravane de passer :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

^ Il y a du potentiel.
Bruce Dickinson has unveiled the dramatic, action-packed video for "Afterglow Of Ragnarok", the first single to be taken from his upcoming solo album, The Mandrake Project. In front of a packed audience on the opening day of CCXP23, Brazil’s huge Comic-Con event in Sao Paulo, he premiered the spectacular film and revealed further details about the album and forthcoming comic series in partnership with Z2, including releasing 2,000 CCXP-exclusive versions of the comic to the delight of the international comic community.

The Mandrake Project will be released on March 1 via BMG. Across ten inventive, expansive and absorbing tracks, Bruce Dickinson and his long-term co-writer and producer Roy Z, have created one of 2024’s defining rock albums. Sonically heavy and rich in musical textures, it sees Bruce bring to life a musical vision long-in-the-making, and features some of the finest vocal performances of his career.

Recorded largely at LA’s Doom Room with Roy Z doubling up as both guitarist and bassist, the lineup for The Mandrake Project was rounded out by keyboard maestro Mistheria and drummer Dave Moreno, both of whom also featured on Bruce’s last solo studio album, Tyranny Of Souls, in 2005.

Fans of both Bruce Dickinson and Iron Maiden will notice that the album features the curiously-named "Eternity Has Failed", which first appeared in a different form entitled "If Eternity Should Fail" on Iron Maiden’s 2015’s album The Book of Souls, illustrating how long the creative process for The Mandrake Project has been in the works.

Bruce has previously described lead single, "Afterglow Of Ragnarok" as, “a heavy song and there’s a great big riff driving it…but there’s also a real melody in the chorus that displays the light and shade that the rest of the album brings.” And the track is brought vividly to life in the cinematic video.

Directed by award-winning director Ryan Mackfall, written by Bruce Dickinson and acclaimed British writer Tony Lee (whose lengthy credits include 2000AD, DC and Marvel ranging from Dr Who & Star Trek to Spider Man & X-Men), the film unveils Dr Necropolis, the main protagonist at the heart of The Mandrake Project. It also sets the scene for the story to come, reflecting the dark narrative contained in the 8-page comic book prequel which features in the 7” gatefold vinyl release of the single.

Watch the video below.

Ryan Mackfall comments, “Many years before I was a director, I have fond memories of various music videos that spoke to me and one of those was ‘Can I Play With Madness’ by Iron Maiden. For me it defined what a music video is. Little did I know, many years later I’d be on a call with one of the stars of that video, Mr Bruce Dickinson, discussing ideas for a music video. Bruce has felt like a kindred spirit from that moment and it was therefore only right that we attempted to bring the story of ‘Afterglow Of Ragnarok’ to life in a live action form. Naturally the music is a big part of the engine of the music video and this track was a heavy hitter from the first play. But beyond that I firmly believe it’s also the passion of the artist that defines the results - Bruce’s passion is unmatched. I really hope the fans find themselves taking Necropolis’ journey with the mandrake juice time and time again. This is just the start of something very special!”

jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Je n'ai pas trop accroché avec ce titre. À voir la suite.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

Pas mieux
Pas hyper inspiré, un peu trop sur le riff, pas assez mélodique
Bref, à voir la suite mais là , c'est mitigé pour ma part
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je trouve que c'est... intéressant, conceptuel, kitschounet, et même détendu à la Purple. On sent l'effort dans ce projet.
Mais pas forcément très mémorable au final, malgré le refrain sympathique en soi. Ce ne sera peut-être pas un album à juger sur des "singles".
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Je fais aussi le rapprochement avec Purple, notamment le titre "Vincent Price", son goût pour la théâtralité est très mis en avant, l'influence Arthur Brown omniprésente. Il n'essaye clairement pas de refaire un Chemical Wedding ou Tyranny of Souls, donc au final je trouve ça cool et très intéressant. (et mieux produit que le dernier Maiden...)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Roy Z ne participera pas aux concerts, mais Bruce sera accompagné de 2 guitaristes :
Ahead of the March 1 release of his new solo album, "The Mandrake Project", via BMG and the start of a four-month tour, IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson has revealed the addition of two new guitarists to his touring band.

Swedish-born guitarist, songwriter and multi-platinum-credited producer Philip Näslund and Swiss session and touring guitarist Chris Declercq (who incidentally played on Dickinson's current single, "Rain On The Graves") will accompany previously announced members Dave Moreno (drums),Mistheria (keyboards) and Tanya O'Callaghan (bass). Bruce's long-term co-writer and producer Roy "Z" Ramirez (second from left in photo above) will not be part of the touring lineup.

Dickinson said: "Sadly, and with regret, guitarist and producer Roy Z will no longer join the band on tour due to some personal commitments. He will remain in L.A. to work on some remixing and remastering of the catalogue. We all know the show must go on though, and this project is too important to everyone to not be the very best it can be. I'm gutted about Roy because he assembled most of the album and touring band, introducing Mistheria and Dave Moreno to the project and mentoring guitarist Chris Declerq. I'm so excited about what both Philip and Chris will bring on stage together and now my only ambition is to grab a little piece of the audiences' hearts every night."

The first chance to see the six-piece live will now be at The Observatory in Orange County, California on April 15, with tickets going on sale to the general public at Ticketmaster.com on Tuesday, February 20 at 10 a.m. PST.

"We're not afraid of doing some growing up in public," explains Dickinson, "so this show will be a close to a rehearsal as you can get. It's exciting to think what these musicians can do, and will do, when there are over one thousand fans in the room!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

L'album est en écoute complète sur cette playlist :

jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

J'ai écouté l'album complet. A chaud, mon ressenti est assez particulier. Je n'accroche pas trop aux titres un par un, pourtant j'aime bien l'ambiance général qui se dégage de cet album. Il est assez cohérent en fait. Le chant est très bon. Voilà, à voir après plusieurs écoutes.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bruce était lundi chez Gibert à Paris :

ignace boitaclou
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par ignace boitaclou »

en parlant de Gibert, le rayon CD s'amoindrit dangereusement, mes 2 visites depuis le début de l'année se sont révélées infructueuses pour les 1° fois, rien à se mettre entre les oreilles ça devient grave :nul:
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

ignace boitaclou a écrit :
06 mars 2024, 21:05
en parlant de Gibert, le rayon CD s'amoindrit dangereusement, mes 2 visites depuis le début de l'année se sont révélées infructueuses pour les 1° fois, rien à se mettre entre les oreilles ça devient grave :nul:
Cela me fait penser à l'état du Gibert de Toulouse... Loin est le temps où le rayon Metal était grand et bien fourni... Désormais tous les styles sont mélangés et c'est tellement chiant de chercher un truc que je ne cherche plus. RIP.

Mais on s'éloigne du cher Bruce là :D
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

Grosse promo de Dickinson en France en tout cas. J'ai chopé quelques trucs au hasard.
France Inter: https://www.radiofrance.fr/franceinter/ ... 24-8426898
France Info: https://www.radiofrance.fr/franceinfo/p ... lo-3318097
Ouest France:https://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de-la- ... 12009be08f
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Seth c'est moi ou c'est ton frangin tout à gauche sur la photo du Ouest - France ? :D
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Set
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Set »

Ouep, c'est bien lui :D
Follow The Signs ...
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Achille a écrit :
07 mars 2024, 08:45
Cela me fait penser à l'état du Gibert de Toulouse... Loin est le temps où le rayon Metal était grand et bien fourni... Désormais tous les styles sont mélangés et c'est tellement chiant de chercher un truc que je ne cherche plus. RIP.
Oui je me suis fait la même réflexion la dernière fois que j'y suis allé. Ça m'a coupé l'envie. Quand je pense à la taille que ça avait quand ils étaient derrière avec les Mangas et les dvd.
Achille a écrit :
07 mars 2024, 08:45
Mais on s'éloigne du cher Bruce là :D
Et ben je trouve l'album carrément excellent. Perso j'espérais y trouver des morceaux plus courts et plus directs comme "Power of the Sun", "Road to Hell", "The Tower" pour ne citer qu'elles. Mais finalement l'ensemble et vraiment très bon, porté sur les ambiances. Je pense que je vais me commander (ou attendre qu'il soit d'occaz à Gibert :D)
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Dark Schneider a écrit :
02 févr. 2024, 16:35
Je fais aussi le rapprochement avec Purple, notamment le titre "Vincent Price", son goût pour la théâtralité est très mis en avant, l'influence Arthur Brown omniprésente. Il n'essaye clairement pas de refaire un Chemical Wedding ou Tyranny of Souls, donc au final je trouve ça cool et très intéressant. (et mieux produit que le dernier Maiden...)
Oui pareil, c'est pas une resucée basiquement heavy, toute la première partie de l'album est très bonne, la fin un peu moins, mais globalement c'est bonnard
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Je l'aime bien 🙂👍
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi