Nouvel album de Blind Guardian : A Twist in the Myth

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Des détails de l'enregistrement donnés par Hansi, et le contenu du premier single tiré de l'album (qu'il annonce varié) :
"A sign of life message just to let you know that Christmas is getting closer and we are still not done with recordings, yet. But that is the good news for the album: we are still on schedule. The description 'on schedule' can be stretched (manipulated?) a little, while talking about a BLIND GUARDIAN album production, anyway. We haven't — so far, but we could. There is only a small amount of guitars, which needs to be completed, some bass, a lot of vocals and even more mixing. We are targeting an early February deadline.

"I am very sorry we have not been able to involve you more so far, but we are so focused on the album, that we hardly find the time to eat. I turned a skinny beauty during these days. I promise to provide you with some studio shots as soon as the new year has started...

"Oh, about the single mentioned a few months earlier: We have accomplished it and I would like to provide you with some information about it, only the important ones and of course only true ones:

There will be three songs on the single:

01. Fly
02. Skalds and Shadows (acoustic version)
03. In A Gadda Da Vida

"'Fly' is a quite surprising title for a BLIND GUARDIAN song, one could think. But it lyrically fits very, very well. This song is about inspirations and how they can influence your art, your life and other people's li(v)(?)es(?). I, myself, was inspired by the movie 'Finding Neverland' when doing the lyrics. The music is mindblowing. It certainly describes how we look at music and how we see ourselves as musicians. We love to explore and assimilate. Though the song is different, it is pure BLIND GUARDIAN. I, personally, consider it to be amongst the best songs we have ever written. It is new!!! It is fresh!!! Whether you will like it or not, you will have to admit that you have never heard anything like that before. Not from BLIND GUARDIAN and neither from any other band on this planet.

"The accoustic version of 'Skalds and Shadows' completely stands in the tradition of songs like 'The Bard's Song' and 'A Past and Future Secret'. Charlie [Bauerfeind, producer] and Frederik [Ehmke, drummer] came up with a very cool percussion arrangement and on top of it Frederik played some mindblowing flute melodies to it. We are very happy with the result and we work on a more orchestral version at the moment, which is supposed to become part of the album. This purer single version will only appear on the single. The word 'skald' is probably not very common, but is nothing else than the ancient nordic description for their bards. The nordic Edda poems have mostly been invented by Skalds and they also have kept these stories alive by traveling around and telling the stories to other people. I, as a fan of 'Die Nibelungen' and of Tolkien's work, was mostly thrilled by the 'Saga of Volsung', which the song lyrically partly scratches — as well as the mission of the storyteller.

"As probably most of you have figured, 'In A Gadda Da Vida' is a cover version of IRON BUTTERFLY's smash hit. Although we like stoner music — we dared to turn it into a modern speed metal tune. This song, of course, will only appear on the single.

"To complete the single subject: The cover artwork has been done by Anthony Clarkson. He did a great job. The motive is pretty much BLIND GUARDIAN. I am sure you will love it.

"What else can I tell you? We have not decided how the album will be entitled. Due to lyrical issues I am brainstorming with the word 'myth,' but that does not necessarily mean it finally will be used for the title. The two strongest titles from my point of view so far are: 'A Twist in the Myth', or 'Borderline Myth'. None of them can be seen as confirmed. Sometimes you wake up and you just know: that's the title to go for. Mostly it is just a question of the right inspiration...

"We recognized your discussion about the possible style we may have chosen for the new album and I just would like to point out the following one more time: We will not deny our roots, but we at the same time will not make a step back and we have no intention to stand right where we have been with the last studio album. The album will contain 11 very strong songs, which all differ strongly from each other. There's heavy metal, there's more rockish metal, there's more progressive metal, there's more intense metal, but there is no rip off! We do not sell out. 'Selling out' could be a cool title, too, by the way. Ah, damned someone has used it before, I think.

"The single will give you an idea of how much the songs on the album will be different from each other. To explore and invent something new — that's the thrill!!!

"Have one on me (and don't believe a word I've said)."
Modifié en dernier par Everflow le 31 juil. 2006, 23:56, modifié 1 fois.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
hallowedhail
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Re: Nouvel album de Blind Guardian

Message par hallowedhail »

Vivement la sortie! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Mëme si j'attends plus grand chose après le départ du batteur. :,(
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

:bang: :bang: I'mmmmm alivvvvve my friendsssssssssss :rock:
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Bertrand
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Bertrand »

The two strongest titles from my point of view so far are: 'A Twist in the Myth', or 'Borderline Myth'.
Hansi compte secouer les mythes de ses habits?
A moins que ces mythes l'abusent.
Ca promet le prochain Blind Guardian en tout cas.
du foin pour nos vaches, les Landes indépendante !!!!
OMNIO a écrit :
30 août 2019, 15:12
Mais peut être qu'en écoutant l'album encore quelques fois attentivement, t'arriveras à aimer quelques titres ou mêmes des riffs … en faisant abstraction de la voix bien sûr :D
Fully
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Fully »

hallowed8 a écrit :Vivement la sortie! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Mëme si j'attends plus grand chose après le départ du batteur. :,(

:lol:
c'est vrai que c'est lui composait tout...

sinon si l'album était plus direct que le précédent, ça serait en effet pas plus mal :up:
Julien06
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Julien06 »

du heavy, du progressif et du hardrock :o j'attends avec impatience d'entendre ça surtout quand hansi dit que c'est du jamais vu, tout nouveau tout beau en faite :P du jamais entendu même chez un autre groupe :D là il en fait un peu trop non? :D
Enfin vivement déjà le single pour se faire une premiére opinion
:bang:
Bib a écrit :L'important, c'est que tu sois de base !!
Souflette
Warrior of the Holy Pipeau
Warrior of the Holy Pipeau

Message par Souflette »

Je sens déjà l'album culte qui va partir dans tous les sens...miam miam :bang: :D
If you’re not into pipeau, you are not my friend
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

moi ça m'inquiète quand un groupe annonce déjà un album qui part dans tous les sens, mais bon je vais jouer mon rôle de fan de ce groupe :)
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Agent-M
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Agent-M »

There's heavy metal, there's more rockish metal, there's more progressive metal, there's more intense metal, but there is no rip off! We do not sell out.
Si seulement ça pouvait être vrai... Si seulement ça pouvait déjà être du metal... :croise:
J'en attends pas forcément grand chose faut dire, puis le coup du nouveau batteur qui joue de la flûte ça promet déjà :D Mais bon, on verra bien !
Lethal Mind (thrash prog) - http://www.myspace.com/lethalmindmetal
Corrosive Elements (death thrash'n'roll) - http://www.myspace.com/corrosiveelementsofficial
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le single Fly sort le 24 Février.

The cover artwork (by Anthony Clarkson) for BLIND GUARDIAN's upcoming single, "Fly", has been posted online at this location. The single, which is tentatively scheduled for release on February 24, 2006 via Nuclear Blast, will contain the following track listing:

01. Fly
02. Skalds and Shadows (acoustic version)
03. In A Gadda Da Vida (IRON BUTTERFLY cover)

The acoustic version of "Skalds and Shadows" and BLIND GUARDIAN's version of the IRON BUTTERFLY classic "In A Gadda Da Vida" (previously covered by SLAYER) will only appear on the single and will not be featured on the band's much-anticipated new album, tentatively titled "A Twist in the Myth".
hevydevy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par hevydevy »

Fully a écrit : sinon si l'album était plus direct que le précédent, ça serait en effet pas plus mal :up:
Ca serait pas bien difficile. :D Je ne m'attends pas à un virement de bord mais sait-on jamais...
Agent-M
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Agent-M »

Super classe la pochette en tout cas ! :up:
Corrosive Elements (death thrash'n'roll) - http://www.myspace.com/corrosiveelementsofficial
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Ca au moins ca change pas chez eux ! Artwork toujours magnifique :up:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

j'espère qu'il sera bon ....cette fois! :/
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Yes la pochette est bien belle ! :bang:

J'espère que l'album le sera tout autant ! :)
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Hyper quelconque la pochette, que de la redite. Et aucun rapport avec le titre (faut voir les paroles après). Etrange alors qu'ils disaient qu'ils n'aiment pas la pochette de NIME.
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Marrant, TOUS les posts que j'ai lu de toi entre hier et aujourd'hui sont négatifs totalement ou parfois partiellement :D
Ca doit être triste de jamais être content ou pleinement satisfait, non ? :/
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Remarque, c'est un mode de vie de tout critiquer ! :D
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Je trouve la pochette super classe, largement meilleure que celle de ANATO :up:
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Elle est ultra classique pour BG, mais je la trouve belle quand même :)

'fin c'est que le single de toute façon, pas l'album.
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Gandalf a écrit :Marrant, TOUS les posts que j'ai lu de toi entre hier et aujourd'hui sont négatifs totalement ou parfois partiellement :D
Ca doit être triste de jamais être content ou pleinement satisfait, non ? :/
T'as lu ma signature? :lol:

Bon comme l'as dit fangface c'est qu'un single. Elle est jolie mais y'a quand même une symétrie bien lourde sur ce dessin. En fait plus je la regarde plus je l'a trouve nul.

Je prefère largement celle d'ANATO, au moins le concept était original. Et même pour d'autre single : Mr Sandman, mirror mirror, c'était quand même d'un tout autre niveau!
metalizer
Tormentor
Tormentor

Message par metalizer »

j'espère qu'il sera meilleur que anato, j'avais été un peu déçu!
question pochette je retrouve le sourire, et ce n'est que le single :o
là je suis client, reste à voir si le contenu est aussi bon
Agent-M
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Agent-M »

Dark Schneider a écrit :Elle est joli mais y'a quand même une symétrie bien lourde sur ce dessin. En fait plus je la regarde plus je l'a trouve nul.
Donc, si on va par là, la pochette de Powerslave est nulle parce qu'elle est symétrique, c'est ça ? :scratch:
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Portnawak, il y a un sens du détail sur powerslave qui n'est en aucun cas présent ici.
deadkal
Disciple of the Watch
Disciple of the Watch

Message par deadkal »

Dark Schneider a écrit :Portnawak, il y a un sens du détail sur powerslave qui n'est en aucun cas présent ici.
là aussi y'a du détail!!! c'est marqué made in Taiwan sur les murs :D
Répondre