Cruachan (folk metal, Irlande)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Irish folk metal band CRUACHAN will enter the studio on January 17 to begin recording their fifth album, tentatively due later in the year via Greece's Black Lotus Records. "We are returning to Sun Studios in Dublin, where we recorded 'Tuatha Na Gael', 'The Middle Kingdom' and 'Folklore'," the band write on their web site. "The studio has been hugely upgraded since we were last there. We are also pulling out all the stops and getting a well respected producer flown in from Holland. Jo Peeters (a.k.a. GAIL OF GOD) will be doing the production work for us."

CRUACHAN's upcoming album will be their first CD for Black Lotus, with whom they inked a deal in June 2005. The band's final release for their previous label, Karmageddon Media, was scheduled to be a reissue of their 1994 "Celtica" demo, featuring unreleased tracks, including "Timmy", which has been performed live at quite a few CRUACHAN shows.

CRUACHAN's fourth full-length album, "Pagan", was recorded and mixed at Radio Na Life Studios in Dublin, Ireland with producer Al Cowen and is the follow-up to 2002's "Folk-Lore". The cover artwork for "Pagan" was created by John Howe, the leading JRR Tolkien illustrator and the conceptual artist from the "Lord of the Rings" movies.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Krabathora
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Krabathora »

:bang: :bang: :bang:
"One for one
And none for all
Piece no peace
And FUCK YOU ALL !!!"

(G//Z/R "Drive Boy Shooting")
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Irish folk metal band CRUACHAN have set "The Morrigan's Call" as the title of their fifth album, tentatively due later in the year via Greece's Black Lotus Records. The follow-up to 2004's "Pagan" was recorded at Sun Studios in Dublin.

"The Morrigan's Call" track listing:

01. Shelob
02. The Brown Bull of Cooley
03. Coffin Ships
04. The Great Hunger
05. The Old Woman in the Woods
06. Ungoliant
07. The Morrigan's Call
08. Teir abhail Ru
09. Wolfe Tone
10. The Very Wild Rover
11. CuChulainn
12. Diarmuid and Grainne

Click here to listen to a sneak preview MP3 (said to be a "low-quality unmastered sample) of the new album.

CRUACHAN's upcoming album will be their first CD for Black Lotus, with whom they inked a deal in June 2005. The band's final release for their previous label, Karmageddon Media, was scheduled to be a reissue of their 1994 "Celtica" demo, featuring unreleased tracks, including "Timmy", which has been performed live at quite a few CRUACHAN shows.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
blackoum
Bloody Vivaldi
Bloody Vivaldi

Message par blackoum »

voilà un tout petit aperçu d'une cinquantaines de secondes sur les titres.
http://cruachan.metalfan.nl/media_archi ... review.mp3

le peu, me donne l'impression d'aucune évolution, mais ça s'écoute quand même bien.
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Après la faillite de Black Lotus, le groupe retrouve un toit, en l'occurrence AFM. A mon avis, ils y gagnent largement au change.

Irish folk metal band CRUACHAN have inked a deal with Germany's AFM Records. The band's already completed fifth album, "The Morrigan's Call" (view cover artwork at this location), is scheduled for release later inteh year.

The follow-up to 2004's "Pagan", "The Morrigan's Call" was recorded at Sun Studios in Dublin and was originally supposed to be preceded by the release of a single, "The Very Wild Rover". In addition to the title cut, the single was to contain the bonus songs "Bloody Sunday Unplugged", "Timmy" and "Brian Boru".

"The Morrigan's Call" track listing:

01. Shelob
02. The Brown Bull of Cooley
03. Coffin Ships
04. The Great Hunger
05. The Old Woman in the Woods
06. Ungoliant
07. The Morrigan's Call
08. Teir abhail Ru
09. Wolfe Tone
10. The Very Wild Rover
11. CuChulainn
12. Diarmuid and Grainne
blackoum
Bloody Vivaldi
Bloody Vivaldi

Message par blackoum »

vilà la pochette de l'album

je ne la trouve pas excellente. Ils restent toujours dans le thème de la nature. La plus belle pochette du groupe reste pour moi "the middle kingdom".
metalizer
Tormentor
Tormentor

Message par metalizer »

je me demande si c'est réellement l'artwork définitif
je pense qu'il s'agit, comme indiqué sur leur site, d'une preview
A mon avis, elle sera beaucoup plus étoffée!
blackoum
Bloody Vivaldi
Bloody Vivaldi

Message par blackoum »

Je le pense aussi, ;)
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

La track-list est annoncée:

As previously reported, CRUACHAN have signed a deal with AFM Records. Their new album, The Morrigan's Call, will be released on November 17th. The track list will be as follows: 'Shelob', 'The Brown Bull Of Cooley', 'Coffin Ships', 'The Great Hunger', 'The Old Woman In The Woods', 'Ungoliant', 'The Morrigan’s Call', 'Téir Abhaile Riú', 'Wolfe Tone', 'The Very Wild Rover', 'Cuchulainn', 'Diarmuid And Grainne'.

Frontman Keith Fay has issued the following statement:

"To put it quite simply, this is our best work to date, in every aspect. The production quality is brilliant, I cringe when I hear our Pagan album, the production was terrible but we have more than made up for it on our new album. The songs are more aggressive than ever, with blast beats in abundance but at the same time they are probably folkier than a lot of past releases. We have many instruments also, as you would expect, but some new ones also such as Irish Harp."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur chanteuse s'en va.
Irish folk metallers CRUACHAN have issued the following update from singer Keith Fay:

"(Vocalist) Karen (Gilligan) has left Cruachan on good terms for various reasons (message from Karen below). We wish her all the best for the future. She will not be replaced!

Over the last few years we have been moving towards a more extreme sound and style, now that Karen has left we are going to continue with this plan and I will take over full time vocal duties while John Ryan and John O Fathaigh will take on backing vocal roles.

For live concerts we are planning to adapt some of our back catalogue songs to suit this new arrangement. There are obviously some popular songs where this will not work and we plan to take a session female vocalist on tour with us. Karen has confirmed that she will appear as a guest on some tracks on the new album and this is something we are really happy about. We are looking at this as an opportunity to have a new start with Cruachan and we promise that our next release will be the greatest Cruachan album to date."

Message from Karen:

"It is with a heavy heart, I make the announcement, that I will be leaving Cruachan.

I want to thank you for all your support over the years, and hope that you will continue to support the lads, as they continue on their musical journey. I have thought long and hard about making this decision and the impact it will have, but it is time for me to move on. I want to thank Keith, John Clohessey, John Ryan, Colin, and John Fay and all the past members of Cruachan for all the experiences that I have had. And especially for all the laughs that I will never, ever, forget !!

Slan,

Karen."

Cruachan released their latest album, The Morrigan's Call, in 2006.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

heavylaw a écrit :Les irlandais publieront cette année leur septième réalisation, "Blood for the Blood God", sur le label Trollzorn Records, le 5 décembre prochain.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

One of the founding fathers of the folk metal genre celebrate their 25th anniversary in style in 2018. Cruachan will release their new album, Nine Years Of Blood on April 27th through Trollzorn Records. Check out the song "Queen Of War" below.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Cruachan (folk metal, Irlande)

Message par Everflow »

Retour au 18ème siècle.
2020 has been a tumultuous time for band leader Ketih Fay: "A number of long-term members have chosen to leave the band, but it is a time rebirth for the band and it can only be a positive thing."

Alongside the new band members, Cruachan have also signed a new record deal with forward-thinking Swedish label Despotz Records. Despite the upheaval behind the scenes, one thing has never faltered; and that is Keith’s passion for folk and metal music, and Cruachan’s unique way of bringing the two together.

A track steeped in Irish folklore, “The Hawthorn” is set in Ireland during the 1700's when the population were heavily under the influence of the Catholic Church while still holding onto old Pagan beliefs. It balances the band’s love of Irish traditional folk music with uncompromising metal, a style of music the band helped develop back in the early 1990’s.

Fay comments, “The Hawthorn tree is a fairy tree, you will see them all over Ireland growing in strange unlikely places where other trees would have been cut down. It is extremely unlucky to cut down a hawthorn tree else you anger the Faerie folk. In the song, the woman is taking her dead baby to bury under the tree, to give her baby to the faeries. We don't know how the baby died or what has led to this decision but she is set in her ways and the baby will not have a Christian burial.”

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

ça faisait un bail que je n'avais pas écouté quelque chose de ce groupe. Ce titre m'a donné envie de rattraper mon retard!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Bien cools ces titres, ça sonne tellement "Irish" !! :amour:
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une chanson qui passe par tous les états!

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Teh je me suis pris l'album dans un magasin Metal de Dublin : Sentinel Records. Vraiment une chouette place avec beaucoup de vyniles et quelques raretés.

Le disque s'écoute bien. J'ai mon coté anti-paganou qui tique par moment mais on sent quand même que les mecs jouent juste la musique qui est jouée depuis des siècles sur leurs terres, aucune tentative d'accrocher à une mode et d'espérer voir arriver des hordes de types avec des cornes en tant que verres et qui se disent vikings alors qu'ils ressemblent plus à des Espagnols de Grenade qu'aux mecs qui jouent dans la série Viking. Ce disque suinte l'Irlande dans tous les sens, c'est honnête et c'est vraiment agréable à écouter au final !
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je crois qu'ils vont poster tout l'album :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality