JUDAS PRIEST - Nostradamus

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

Ils ont l'air ambitieux les cocos, un concept album qui sera joué intégralement sur scène, y a intérêt qu'il soit bon :)

"Judas Priest are creating their first conceptual album based upon the life and predictions of Nostradamus!

This album will be theatrically staged and performed in its entirity as an epic musical by Judas Priest!"
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Pantoufle
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Pantoufle »

Bah , ç'est un concept album sur les confitures ???

Livre des confitures de Nostradamus
publié à Lyon en 1555
Bibliothèque Municipale de Lyon, fonds ancien, Rés 813538

confire les oranges et confiture de gingembre vert

We are defenders of the fraises.....
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

:lol: tu as mis le doigt dessus pantoufle, j'en suis sûr! ;)
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
furioso
Disciple of the Watch
Disciple of the Watch

Message par furioso »

J'adore JUDAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viviement l'album, ils auront peut être l'occasion d'avoir en guest star PACO RABANE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

le bougre

the ripper

tiens j'écoute STEELER pour la peine BRITISH STEEL était un putain d'album
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

J'espère surtout qu'il sera meilleur que le précédent...
I hear her voice in the night
Cries of joy
We were good... good...good...
Kenshiro
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Message par Kenshiro »

Ca s'annonce prometteur ce concept album.

Avec des concerts en France cette fois ci on espère. :bang:
samcdc
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par samcdc »

La c est sur que le PRIEST ne passera pas en France sur la prochaine tournée ... déja que les promoteurs avaient peur des ventes de billets pour un show BEST OF, ils ne vont pas lever le petit doigt pour un concert ou le groupe jouera TOUT son nouvel album (qui ne vendra pas en France car aucune maison de disque ne les bossera ... ).

Faudra voyager, mais bon c est pas si génant que ca. vive l europe :rock:
desperados
Stormrider
Stormrider

Message par desperados »

samcdc a écrit :La c est sur que le PRIEST ne passera pas en France sur la prochaine tournée ... déja que les promoteurs avaient peur des ventes de billets pour un show BEST OF, ils ne vont pas lever le petit doigt pour un concert ou le groupe jouera TOUT son nouvel album (qui ne vendra pas en France car aucune maison de disque ne les bossera ... ).

Faudra voyager, mais bon c est pas si génant que ca. vive l europe :rock:
samcdc tu me sape le moral d'entré toi :/ !
Metal B
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Metal B »

J'ai beau être mega fan du Priest, là je suis assez pessimiste...
Les concept albums et moi, ça fait deux,à de rares exceptions (Abigail de King Diamond par exemple).
De plus, le dernier Priest m'a franchement déçu, et puis nous avoir promis une date en France "pour la deuxième partie de tournée", tournée qui n'aura jamais lieu de toutes façons, je trouve ça petit comme attitude...
Pour me consoler, je me dis simplement qu'on est pas les suels à avoir été oublié de la sorte, la Belgique aussi!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Halford et Tipton parlent de l'album à venir :
On the songwriting process for "Nostradamus":

Tipton: "We've been considering a concept album for quite a while now, and our manager actually brought up the subject of Nostradamus, which we're all interested in. There's so many moods. The actual album is based upon his life as opposed to his predictions and things like that. It's all about his life, which is really interesting — full of incident and drama. We all felt very strongly there were so many moods there to tackle that it would make a great subject matter for a concept album."

Halford: "It's gonna be great, because, as Glenn was saying, he's [Nostradamus] a very mysterious character. We're gonna convey that kind of atmosphere in the music. Glenn, K.K. [Downing, guitar] and myself have already been writing back in England, and the early roots of 'Nostradamus' — they just sound incredible. We are doing some things differently. It will be a metal/rock opera-type production, so it will be strong. It will be everything you love about PRIEST. We're looking forward to it."

Tipton: "We're well on the way [in the songwriting department]. We've got a large portion of it completed on the writing side. I can safely say it's probably the most unique thing we've done. We've got an abundance of material, and we'll paste it all together and we'll shortly go into the studio and begin putting it all down."

Halford: "It's great. We're stoked. I can hear the songs in my head right now. It's gonna be incredible. The thing about Nostradamus is that, as difficult as it will be [to write a concept album based on his life], and it's a joy to face that challenge, it's a little easier in some sense [than writing a regular album], because you've got your plot. You've got your whole thing there laid out for you — you've got this real living, breathing person, who's now dead. But you've got the whole story of his life. And you just explore that and you try and find a way to kind of bring that about in a musical presentation. So the writing process is still the much the same. The three of us get together in a room, and we're talking about each particular moment in Nostradamus' life and we're trying to fit in the moods and emotions to those particular chapters."

"It's more about his life, because everybody knows him more about his prophecies. He's never really gone out of the news in hundreds and hundreds of years, and there are some that believe in his prophecies and some that don't. His life was a difficult life. He went through a lot of rough times. He was a brilliant doctor of medicine — he partly cured the great plague of Europe, he was able to save thousands of people, but couldn't save his wife and kids, which is tragic. And he was chased all over the country by the Roman Catholic Church. There's a ton of stories that you can really investigate musically."

On touring plans:

Halford: "Well, as ever, when 'Nostradamus' is completed, we're gonna go out and tour with that. It will be kind of unique, because we're intending and hoping that we'll be able to perform the complete 'Nostradamus' piece from front to back, which is something that PRIEST has never done. We were saying earlier today to our friends at VH1 that we're always looking for some new adventures and this will be one of them. So when we do go out with 'Nostradamus', that's what you'll experience — you'll have the whole recording from front to end. So it'll be that, and I dare say after that there'll be some more PRIEST touring covering all of our extensive back catalog of songs."

Tipton: "We wanna go out next time and do a completely different set, 'cause there's so many songs that people want us to play, and obviously there's only so much time we can play on stage. So we've got really a great setlist — potential setlist. We're going back to the real early days to draw songs from there. So we've got a lot of interesting projects ready to go."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
desperados
Stormrider
Stormrider

Message par desperados »

Perso le style du concept album ne m'enballe pas des masses et sur nostradamus encore mois (bonjour l'originalité :( ) , tout ce que je demande c'est au moins une date en france et un bon album .

Qui a dit que ça fait trop ? :D
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

J'ai un peu peur que ce soit trop grandiloquent et pas assez immédiat pour du Priest en fait. C'est complètement con de penser ça sans avoir écouté la mondre note, mais c'est l'impression que ça me donne maintenant...
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Metal Knight »

moi ca me botte bien ce concept album ! je suis pressé d'écouter ca!
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

D'apres les prédictions de Nostradamus, il n'est pas prévu de date française pour Judas Priest avant 2666.....
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Cela dit les albums sur Nostradamus, c'est un concept super original

Petit rappel:

-Stratovarius: visions
-Nicolo Kotsev(Brazen Abbot): Nostradamus
-Helloween: The time of the oath.....
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Ranu
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Ranu »

Gaëtan a écrit :J'ai un peu peur que ce soit trop grandiloquent et pas assez immédiat pour du Priest en fait. C'est complètement con de penser ça sans avoir écouté la mondre note, mais c'est l'impression que ça me donne maintenant...
Ils peuvent très bien faire un concept-album avec des titres "directs".
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

stanley_gun a écrit :Cela dit les albums sur Nostradamus, c'est un concept super original

Petit rappel:

-Stratovarius: visions
-Nicolo Kotsev(Brazen Abbot): Nostradamus
-Helloween: The time of the oath.....
Ouais c'est plutôt usé comme thème et j'aurais préféré autre chose, mais là on dirait que c'est un poil différent sur le Priest, puisque le concept est lié à la vie de Nostradamus en elle-même, et non ses prédictions.
Saracdclabanane
Defendeuse of the Leatherface
Defendeuse of the Leatherface

Message par Saracdclabanane »

C'est hyper démoralisant d'apprendre des mauvaises nouvelles sur son groupe préféré :( .Peut être que les paroles seront a chier mais la musique excellente(LA fan qui s'accroche coute que coute^^')et puis peut être qu'ils passeront pas en France mais en Belgique............. :)
"Le solo de Zakk Wylde m'a tuer"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Faut avoir confiance Sarah ;) Bon, peut-être pas ok... mais moi j'ai envie de l'être :D :halford:

Quelques mots de Rob sur l'album, où il parle du côté "symphonique" :
Nostradamus is all about metal, isn't he?" Halford said. "He was an alchemist as well as a seer — a person of extraordinary talent. He had an amazing life that was full of trial and tribulation and joy and sorrow. He's a very human character and a world-famous individual. You can take his name and translate it into any language and everybody knows about him, and that's important because we're dealing with a worldwide audience."

In addition to digging new lyrical ground for JUDAS PRIEST, the album will contain musical elements that might surprise their fans. "It's going to have a lot of depth," the singer explained. "There'll be a lot of symphonic elements. We might orchestrate it, without it being overblown. There may be a massive choir at parts and keyboards will be featured more prominently, whereas they've always been in the background before."
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

'tain... Je le sens pas... :/
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

La date n'est toujours pas annoncée?
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils sont toujours en train de bosser dessus, donc je suppose qu'aucune date n'est encore fixée.
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

bon ben faudra juste être patient.... pas évident !
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

j'attends ca avec impatience même si ce concept je le sens pas trop non plus...
j'attends surtout de voir le groupe live puisque c'est un des mes groupes favoris et que je les ai toujours pas vu en concert. Et l'annulation 2 jours avant le concert de grenoble reste le pire souvenir de ma vie d emetalleux. :grr:

Et puis le fait qu'ils jouent l'album en entier nous concerne peu vu qu'ils passeront plus en france (sauf paris...) et que sur les festivals ils reviendront a une set list plus traditionnelle je pense...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview d'Halford, au sujet du nouvel album :

"I'm taking kind of a little break away from the ongoing 'Nostradamus' sessions in England. Everybody is in the studio slaving away there. I think Glenn [Tipton] and K.K. [Downing] are probably not hard at work this time of night — they're probably partying somewhere. But, yeah, I'm back in San Diego. I'm here working on all of the monster lyrics for the 'Nostradamus' metal opera, which will be coming out sometime in 2007.

"All the songs are done — I would say 99.9 percent — but we've still got some ideas we're working on. The bulk of the opera is complete as far as the writing goes, and I can't begin to tell you how excited we are about this. It's gonna be an absolutely spectacular moment for PRIEST to follow up the incredible reunion record 'Angel of Retribution'. We're just really, really pumped about this new music that we're making. It's colossal PRIEST — some things that you've never heard before from this band are taking place. We've just got our nose to the grindstone and we're working as fast as we can to get this all completed and wrapped up and released and out in 2007 along with some special-event shows, which we'll talk about as we get closer to that. You know, we're gonna be playing the entire opera from beginning to end. That in itself will be a unique moment for PRIEST to show to our fans around the world, and a stage show that you will not believe. . . I'm gonna kind of take on that rôle of the character and we're basically gonna be telling the story of his life. He had an incredible life as a man besides making these prophecies that he did. It's a great life story about the things that he went through as an individual on a personal level, so we're obviously discussing that. But we're surrounding his life lyrically with some phenomenal PRIEST music — stuff that we're just so excited about, and as I said, music that will just blow everybody away. I can't begin to discuss it, because my mind is full of the music even as I'm talking about it. So get ready for it. The PRIEST is gonna follow up after 'Angel of Retribution' with something that's gonna be bigger and better and stronger and more metallized than you've ever heard from the band."

On what inspired him to write an entire album about Nostradamus:

"I just think this is a great opportunity for me as a lyricist, because I've talked about these characters — the Painkiller and the Sinner and the Sentinel — and I've been in that world as a lyricist, and now I'm having the opportunity as a lyricist to talk about this man, this real figure from the 16th century and the great things that he did — his prophecies. Some people are very skeptical about them, some people believe them emphatically. There are schools of Nostradamus where you can attend and learn about his teachings and so on and so forth. People say that some of his predictions actually came to be real occurrences from the past and as we look into the future. So I was just fascinated by this man. He went through a lot of grief. Without getting too heavy, he lost his wife and kids during the Black Plague — he was able to save a lot of other people, but he couldn't save his family. So he lost the loves of his life and he was put into… he was banished from the Roman Catholic church. He went through a lot of tough stuff, but he was a very strong, resilient man. Besides being a prophet, he was an advocate of certain kinds of medicine that revolutionized the world of medicine at the time, and many, many, many things. So yeah, it's been fascinating to really try and cover that man's life and put it into lyrics to the music of PRIEST."
Répondre