CANDLEMASS Frontman MESSIAH Quits

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Noxos
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Noxos »

CANDLEMASS vocalist Messiah Marcolin contacted BLABBERMOUTH.NET today (April 28) to reveal that he has left the Swedish doomsters and that it's 100 percent definite that he will not return. "We could not agree on how to do the new album," he said, but would not further elaborate on his sudden departure.

Marcolin spent the early months of 2006 recovering from an infection of the vocal cords and was ordered by his doctor to wait until this summer before resuming singing.

CANDLEMASS recorded four new songs with producer Andy Sneap (NEVERMORE, ARCH ENEMY, MACHINE HEAD) in late February at the new Polar studios in Stockholm, Sweden. At the time, the group's bassist/songwriter Leif Edling said of the material, "The songs are pretty much in the same vein as the stuff on the [self-titled 2005] reunion album, maybe a bit darker."

CANDLEMASS won a Swedish "Grammy" award in February in the "Best Hard Rock" category, beating out the likes of HAMMERFALL, HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, MESHUGGAH and OPETH. The Swedish doom legends were honored for the "Candlemass" opus, which is available on Nuclear Blast Records. Five back-catalog items from the band — "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus", "Ancient Dreams", "Doomed for Live", "Nightfall", and "Essential Doom" — were issued in the U.S. via Candlelight in February.

Source : http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=51569
CARPE DIEM
St Anger
St Anger

Message par CARPE DIEM »

:o putain encooooooooore !!!
My lifestyle determines my deathstyle
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

une vrai tafiole ce mec, qu'ils le virent et qu'ils retrouvent un autre moine 8-)
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Poseidon
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Poseidon »

Maintenant qu'il s'est barré ça va pas être simple pour le virer hein...

Pourquoi ne retrouvent-ils pas la trace de Johan Langquist...!?
Quelqu'un saît ce qu'il est devenu d'ailleurs?
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

:,( :,( :,( :,(

'tain, fais chier bordel!!
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
Noxos
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Noxos »

Désolé d'être le messagé de cette mauvaise nouvel ! :/
Kenshiro
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Message par Kenshiro »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
:,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,(

Pffff, c'est mal barré pour la suite. :grr:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Finalement les problèmes d'avant l'album de reformation resurgissent :/

Mais il a encore le temps de revenir dans le groupe ;)
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

The Third of the Storms a écrit :Maintenant qu'il s'est barré ça va pas être simple pour le virer hein...

Pourquoi ne retrouvent-ils pas la trace de Johan Langquist...!?
Quelqu'un saît ce qu'il est devenu d'ailleurs?
TRES bonne idée ça tiens ! je crois qu'il a fait 2/3 trucs après le 1er Candlemass, attends... voilà il a fait une démo 4 titres d'un groupe qui s'appelai "Jonah Quizz", je pense que c'est jamais sorti... et puis je sais plus trop si c avant ou après "Epicus" :/
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

fait chier :( :,( :grr: :(
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il finira bien par revenir :D
Edling's official statement on Messiah's "departure" reads as follows:

"Messiah's got a severe pre-recording psychosis at the moment. I'm pretty sure he will record his vocals for the new album this summer as planned."
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

oui un split de 5 jours, en espérant que la reformation leur permette d'être en tête d'affiche du prochain Wacken :lol:
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

CANDLEMASS Bassist Says Singer MESSIAH Is Suffering From 'Severe Pre-Recording Psychosis' - Apr. 28, 2006
CANDLEMASS bassist/songwriter Leif Edling has released a statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding singer Messiah Marcolin's announcement that he was leaving the band.

As previously reported, Marcolin contacted BLABBERMOUTH.NET earlier today (April 2 to reveal that he has parted ways with the Swedish doomsters and that it's 100 percent definite that he will not return. "We could not agree on how to do the new album," he said, but would not further elaborate on his sudden exit.

Edling's official statement on Messiah's "departure" reads as follows:

"Messiah's got a severe pre-recording psychosis at the moment. I'm pretty sure he will record his vocals for the new album this summer as planned."

En résumé il va pas tarder à revenir !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sur le site de Candlemass :
"Messiah's got a severe pre-recording psychosis at the moment, so folks, please calm down. The band is confident that he will sing on the album as planned. CANDLEMASS will enter the new Polar Studios [in Stockholm] in May to record the follow up to last year's successful 'Candlemass'. The new album will feature nine tracks but is yet untitled. The band produces themselves."
Fireskins
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Fireskins »

Le dvd "The Curse of Candlemass " il vaut quoi ?
Necrokerb
Shadow Thief
Shadow Thief

Message par Necrokerb »

Le DVD 1 est l'excellent concert de stockholm en 2003, seul hic : les couleurs bavent un peu ( apres ça peut être juste ma TV )

le DVD 2 est moins interessant ... des archives semi crado de 3 concerts 87 - 89 et 92 avec 2 morceaux par concerts et 1 interviews de 2005 qui dure une heure ..

mais rien que pour voir le gros marcolin faire sa doom dance avec la grâce du veau marin, ça vaut l'achat et en plus il y a demon's gate et l'atomisant Black stone Wielder :rock: :rock:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leif Edling n'est sûr de rien pour la suite :
"It is hotter than hell right now (in Sweden anyway) and most of you doom-lovers are on vacation. So are we. And we do get worried questions though about what is going on in the band regarding Messiah [Marcolin, vocals] and the new album.

"I can't really say if Messiah will sing on the upcoming album or not, but the last thing I heard was a little bit positive. Let us hope that it becomes 100% certain it will happen. It's all between Messiah and the label [Nuclear Blast Records] now, you see. It is summer holiday time, don't forget.

"I hope this issue can be solved soon, as we need to carry on the work on the new album.

"The past [few] months haven't exactly been the best time for CANDLEMASS. Myself, Lars, Mappe and Jan are pretty frustrated over the current singer situation, but we will solve it. Somehow. We got a great C-MASS album in the pipeline, we will not waste that! If Messiah sings or not is really up to the man himself now."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Fangface a écrit :Il finira bien par revenir :D
Qu'est-ce que je disais :)
In a conversation with the label Nuclear Blast, Messiah Marcolin has agreed to sing on the upcoming CANDLEMASS album. It will happen sometime in September/October. Some contractual stuff has to be sorted out first, but things look very promising at the moment.

Commented bassist/songwriter Leif Edling: "I'm glad to hear it. Whatever problems Messiah has, I'm sure they can be solved for the benefit of the album. It really kills and the fans deserve to hear Messiah on it. Let's just make this a great album. If Messiah wants to do his solo thing after or whatever, then I got no problem with it, but the album is the most important thing right now as I see it. For us, for the label, for the fans!
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

il est pas très net ce gars quand même...
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Tant mieux en tout cas :rock:
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

dave a écrit :il est pas très net ce gars quand même...
Apparemment ça serait peut-être une question de contrat pour un album solo? Difficile à dire.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau revirement, car cette fois-ci c'est terminé pour Messiah :,( Divorce dans la douleur :
You have heard the rumours and it is with a heavy heart we must make this official. The band have tried to solve the situation several times, but Messiah cannot be persuaded to sing on the new album. His attitude and demands are way too unreasonable. I'm very sorry about this, not surprised though.

"We have all been very disappointed with Messiah's behaviour during the previous years reunion, especially with his childish and undemocratic way to 'discuss' matters before the may recording at Polar in Stockholm. It's not cool when one person refuses to listen to other people, don't give a shit about his bandmates and demands special treatment. Sure, a little bit of primadonna vices is allowed in a band. But when it comes to the extent that it's 'my way or the highway' in every little discussion that comes up, it is not fun anymore. We like the thought of five equal metalheads playing together, having fun in the rehearsalroom, at gigs etc. That's the whole point of it if you ask us. Unfortunately negativity and stupidity have been dictating the rules for CANDLEMASS lately.

"We hope you all can understand how disappointed we are. And angry! Disappointed with the fact that a grown man can behave so badly towards others — his friends — and for such a long time. And so easily, when he doesn't get everything he wants, throws it all away. We're still in shock! We never thought it was possible for somebody in this great band to have such a bad attitude towards his bandmates!
We are also angry that we have bought the shit for so long. Been fucked over so much, so many times since the reunion 2002. It's really shameful!

"It only took a couple of gigs to understand that Messiah wasn't back to make friends, so we have fought hard to keep this together for you — our fans. It's been a rough ride, but when you stand in front of 200 or 2,000 or even 20,000 screaming fans it's worth all trouble.

"And yes, it was close that last album didn't include Messiah, but we made it happen because we love this music and we love that you guys love us!! But it was the last album with Messiah Marcolin on vocals. We can't deal with the big man anymore. Sorry!! We tried to reason with him before the recording of the new one but Messiah's behaviour was beyond the acceptable. Mr. Marcolin has been too much to take and the reasons behind his departure from CANDLEMASS are not very flattering for him. No details, sorry....too embarrassing...

"On the positive side (there is one!), this can make the band stronger and lead to something better. We don't stand and fall with Messiah Marcolin. We will look hard for a worthy replacement because we got a superb album recorded already. With the right voice it will kill!! We hope for a new start with CANDLEMASS, a band we love way too much to ditch because of one rotten apple!!"
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

ben ça va être dur de trouver un remplaçant avec une voix aussi charismatique! :/
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

ils ont qu'à rappeler Johan Lanquist, le premier et meilleur chanteur de Candlemass
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Fait chier merde putain... :(
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
Répondre