Metallica

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Tangui
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

MetallicA : Entrée studio + Tournée d'été

Message par Tangui »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Voici la newsletter envoyée par le metclub
Greetings from not so sunny Northern California. We know that things have been pretty quiet here in web-land, so we thought we'd throw some shit your way... here goes...

We are finishing up the last couple weeks of pre-production on the album and... really... seriously...(drumroll)... we're going to start recording on March 12th. We're pretty fuckin' psyched about it and pretty fuckin' psyched to be sharing this experience with Rick.

But wait... there's more. We kinda sorta figured that by the time June rolled around, we would be ready for a break from recording (escape??) and since we had so much fun in Europe last summer, we thought "why not go back for some more fun and games?" We're planning to share the summer love with our friends in some different countries we didn't get to last year.. okay, fuck it, maybe one or two repeats. We haven't quite worked out all the details yet, but we thought that for once we really would be the first site to break a piece of Metallica news.

So keep your eyes open for more details in the next few.. the plan right now is to head out in late June and hang out for a couple/three weeks. We might even do a certain festival that we've played 19 times in July that starts with a "W," maybe hit a certain band member's home turf ... blah, blah, blah.

It's a start . . . .
A retenir donc :

- début de l'enregistrement du nouvel album le 12 Mars exactement avec Rick Rubin comme producteur.
- Quelques dates sont à prévoir cet été sur 2 ou 3 semaines, fin juin/début juillet . (Danemark + Wertcher notamment)

On en parle sur le forum du Whipping Dancerz (fan-club français de MetallicA), ça se passe par là : http://www.whippingdancerz.com/forum/in ... =9388&st=0
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Robert Trujilo à propos du prochain album

Greece's Rock Hard magazine conducted an interview with METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo on May 22, 2007. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow (translated from Greek):

Rock Hard Greece: Can you tell us if the two new songs (Song#1, Song#2) that you played on the last tour will be included on the upcoming album?

Trujillo: "I don't think so. There are parts from one of the songs that may be in the album, but that depends on which songs will be finally on the album. We can't be sure, not until we sit down and listen to all the songs completed, to make sure that each and every one of them sounds perfect. But I can tell you that these two specific songs that you've heard won't make it, at least not in that form.

Rock Hard Greece: Could you describe the new album's sound? Lars Ulrich, just before the release of "St. Anger", had — very accurately — described it as raw, ugly and unpolished. Can you come up some adjectives for the new album?

Trujillo: "I would say that this is album is dynamic, heavy, groovin' and you'll probably be excited to know that there will be guitar solos on it! In addition, Lars remembered to tune his snare drum properly this time! For me, this album incorporates part of the dynamic and character of 'Master of Puppets', as well as the melodic style that people liked in the 'black album,' as far as the melodies are concerned. As for the general music style, much of the current material is groovy, heavy, dynamic and surely interesting. I would say that it's different than 'St. Anger' — in a good way, of course."

METALLICA lead guitarist Kirk Hammett recently told Austrian web site Krone.at that he thinks the band's upcoming album is "the best album we've put out in, say, fifteen years." Hammett added that the record contains "just a really spectacular range of songs. This time we're not afraid to refer to our past music in order to create future music. People will see that we've kind of embraced our old vocabulary again and are using that vocabulary to express new things...I think with this album we're definitely going a little more back into our roots."

Hammett also hinted that the new record features "a lot of really, really fast songs, a whole lot of really heavy stuff. We changed our approach to writing the songs...There's a lot of changes that we've made, but I believe that they are all for the better."

The guitarist said that while the band had also written some "slower and melodic" tunes, he wasn't sure if any would make the final track listing.

METALLICA has been working on the follow-up to 2003's "St. Anger" with producer Rick Rubin since earlier this spring.

The band will now head out on a European festival run before returning to complete the album later this summer. An early 2008 release is planned.

Pas grand chose à part que :

- Comme d'hab ce sera le meilleur album
- Y'aura des solos
- Il sera Heavy, Groovy et dynamique
- Les fans vont sûrement adorer
- Y'aura des chansons tres tres rapides et aussi des plus lentes (mais c'est pas sur qu'elles seront dessus)
- Il emprunte des éléments a "Master of puppets" et au "black album"...
On y crois ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ferros
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Ferros »

Je suis bien curieux d'entendre cet album.

Je suis un grand fan de Metallica et je crois pas être déçu par le prochain album car, au contraire de plusieurs, j'aime bien St.Anger !

Curieux d'entendre l'apport de Trujillo, le voix de James et les soli de Kirk.

Nous aurons un aperçu dans moins d'un mois :D :rock:
Tangui
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Tangui »

Stay_Sleaze a écrit :
- Comme d'hab ce sera le meilleur album
- Y'aura des solos
- Il sera Heavy, Groovy et dynamique
- Les fans vont sûrement adorer
- Y'aura des chansons tres tres rapides et aussi des plus lentes (mais c'est pas sur qu'elles seront dessus)
- Il emprunte des éléments a "Master of puppets" et au "black album"...
On y crois ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Moi je dis qu'il bluffe (Lars a du lui apprendre des tas de fintes depuis 4 ans :help: )
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

Il dit qu'il a plus de genou :lol:
ImageImageImage
Pierre-Jean (Yoda)
Snaggletooth
Snaggletooth

Message par Pierre-Jean (Yoda) »

Moi, ils me gavent depuis le black album ... rien d'autre à faire que la chasse aux téléchargement, plus la grosse tronche qu'ils ont tous pris. Dommage pour Trujillo qui aurait du rester à ses premières amours. Rejoindre un groupe qui ne fout plus rien et qui sort un album tous les 7 ans. Je n'ai même pas acheté St Anger et je n'achèterai certainement pas le futur album.
Il n'y a plus la flamme chez eux.

Ces opinions ne regardent que moi, bien sur !!
Gh0sT
Lost & Damned
Lost & Damned

Message par Gh0sT »

Ganash a écrit :Il dit qu'il a plus de genou :lol:
Il dit qu'il voit pas le rapport :D
Clo
Moinix
Moinix

Message par Clo »

moi je dis que je veux absolument les voir alors je croise tout ce que je peux croiser chez moi y compris les ovaires et ça fait mal
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Yodamann a écrit :Dommage pour Trujillo qui aurait du rester à ses premières amours. Rejoindre un groupe qui ne fout plus rien et qui sort un album tous les 7 ans.
Un peu comme Suicidal non ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Je pense qu'il doit moins s'en faire pour sa retraite en attendant.
Pierre-Jean (Yoda)
Snaggletooth
Snaggletooth

Un peu comme Suicidal non ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Je pense qu'il doit moins s'en faire pour sa retraite en attendant.

Ouai, et bin j'ai l'air con sur ce coup là !! :oops:
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Non, je comprends ce que tu veux dire. :)
Tu sais je crois surtout que les grands groupes ont fait leurs temps, mais malgré tout, aussi nazes puissent être les récents albums de Metallica, il n'en reste pas moins que dans le Métal ce sont encore eux aujourd'hui qui peuvent de permettre de remplir un stade en France.
Finalement, on leur repprocherais presque le fait que la relève n'a pas réussi à faire aussi bien qu'eux.
On est tous un peu frustré c'est sur mais à un moment il faut savoir passer à autre chôse.
Pierre-Jean (Yoda)
Snaggletooth
Snaggletooth

Ouaip,
Mais le problème est que je ne sais pas si ils ont vraiment envie de remettre le feu ou non. J'ai pas eu l'occasion de lire une interview d'eux, j'attends pour cela les prochaines parutions des 'zines, mais une petite bébète noire me dit qu'il y aura un album hyper formaté, sans aucune bulle pétillante... voila, ils vont nous faire de la cristalline pas fraiche à la place d'une bonne Bière d'Abbaye blonde bien fraiche et bien désaltérante!
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Peut être mais on ne sait jamais.
J'ai quelque part en moi une petite voix qui me dit que Metallica ne quittera pas ce monde sans avoir enregistré un dernier Grand Album.
Le mieux c'est encore de rien attendre pour ne pas être déçu ! ;)
Pierre-Jean (Yoda)
Snaggletooth
Snaggletooth

OK ! On attend la sortie et on commente !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Kirk Hammet décrit le prochain album :
"It's coming along fairly well. We wrote 22 songs with the intention of recording 12 or 14, with the intention of putting maybe nine or ten on the new album, depending on how they all turn out once they're all finally recorded and mixed and done. The music is really heavy — surprise, surprise — very, very progressive; different from anything we've ever done before again. Yes, there are guitar solos. Yes, the production will be slightly better. We're using [producer] Rick Rubin [SLIPKNOT, AUDIOSLAVE, SLAYER, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS]. We're not recording in HQ [the band's rehearsal studio/headquarters in San Rafael, California]; we're recording down in L.A. at a place called Sound City. And we're just about to finish the drums, the drumming aspect of it. And when we get back to the States, that's when Rob [Trujillo, bass], James [Hetfield, guitar/vocals] and I start playing our instruments and building tracks. We're all pretty psyched about it. The material, we feel, is very, very strong. I like that to think that it sits somewhere between '…And Justice For All' and the 'black' album — that little niche right there. And like I said, again, it's very, very different.

Et James Hetfield avoue que "St Anger" n'a pas marché... enfin :D

Kerrang!: You're working [on the new METALLICA album] with Rick Rubin who has a reputation as an "absentee" producer...

James: Oh, I met him once, I bumped into him in a corridor! [Laughs] No, we were well aware of his reputation when we signed up. On "St. Anger", [longtime METALLICA collaborator] Bob Rock did everything — he was producer, engineer, bass player, babysitter, father figure. And Rick is pretty much the opposite; he's not there to babysit. When we first came in, his opening statement was, "I want you guys to impress me; I want you to feel like you're starting out again." He really wants us to get in the mind-set of "Master of Puppets". It's impossible to recreate what we were 20 years ago, that's silly, but we had to get that hunger back.

Kerrang!: And he's impressed so far?

James: Rubin is really good at feeling songs, and he'll tell you straight-up if he doesn't like something. We started with 20 songs and we've whittled it down to 14 since he came in. He won't say "This fucking sucks," but he'll make suggestions and I'm definitely open to that. With "St. Anger", it became so open-minded that it became unfocused. This time around, there's a lot of "Sorry, it's not good enough." We're aiming for excellence.

Kerrang!: With "St Anger", did the democracy you practiced in the studio end up comprimising the album?

James: Definitely. It was very unrealistic. We went from tearing each other's throats out with sarcasm, anger and not speaking to the polar opposite where we'd embrace every stupid idea so as to not hurt anyone's feelings. And that didn't work either!

Kerrang!: It seems weird that you're taking time out to tour when you're on a roll in the studio...

James: Well, hopefully it'll inspire us to take it to another level. You'll listen back to a new song and go, "We were just out there listening to 60,000 people screaming at what they love about METALLICA and I don't think they're gonna scream at this! Also it gets claustrophobic in there — you can be trapped in there not knowing whether people are still out there.

Kerrang!: Have you started to work on the lyrics?

James: I have phrasings and something vocally to at least feel what the song is like. I forgot about "Let's please everyone in the band." Now it's, "This is where my head's at." I think people will identify with it.

Kerrang!: Is there a sense that time is running out for METALLICA and you need to make a defining album again?

James: Well, we have no shortage of ideas and what am I gonna do? I write songs, I play songs and I like doing this. I know we're getting older, there's no point in trying to hide that fact, and we might tour less than we did, but as records go, we just want to make a good record, that's all we ever want to do. I mean, we thought "St. Anger" was going to be amazing, but it turned out to be more of a statement than METALLICA music that we enjoy playing live. It was more of a purge, just getting that shit out of me, as a catalyst for the next chapter of METALLICA.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Gh0sT
Lost & Damned
Lost & Damned

Message par Gh0sT »

Du heavy teinté prog, situé entre ...and Justice for All et Metallica ?

Je signe où ? :D
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

DTC :help: ???
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Gh0sT
Lost & Damned
Lost & Damned

Message par Gh0sT »

J'aurai du la voir venir celle-là :grr:
Pierre-Jean (Yoda)
Snaggletooth
Snaggletooth

Gh0sT a écrit :Du heavy teinté prog, situé entre ...and Justice for All et Metallica ?

Je signe où ? :D
Bref, de la soupe ! :grr: C'est bien ce que je pensais, il vont nous chier une bouse !

Et pourquoi pas du Heavy Trash situé entre Kill'em all et Ride the Lightning ! :grr:

Je ne suis pas prêt d'acheter ...
Saracdclabanane
Defendeuse of the Leatherface
Defendeuse of the Leatherface

Message par Saracdclabanane »

S'ils appellent "Justice"du prog,c'est que ça peut être bon.Moi perso je pense et espère qu'on aura un bon album :)
"Le solo de Zakk Wylde m'a tuer"
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

Message par Ad Metal Eternam »

...And Justice for All ? Du "prog" ?

Décidément, ce terme sera à jamais la source de tous les mystères pour moi :hum:
"Ma mère ?! Vous voulez dire que j’aurais un ticket avec ma mère ?! Oh, dur, c’est pas le pied !
- Encore ? Mais qu'est-ce que c’est que ces histoires de pieds ? Les pieds seraient-ils le point sensible des hommes du futur ? C’est peut-être dû à un accroissement de l'apesanteur...
- Quoi ???"
NicoMétal
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par NicoMétal »

Un petit peu quand même! La moitié des morceaux peuvent être qualifiés de "prog".
Rap is out, Métal In.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Matt Sorum dit avoir écouté les nouvelles démos de Lars Ulrich :
"Lars [Ulrich, METALLICA drummer] is a good friend of mine. He played me the demos from San Francisco, and I turned and looked at him and I said, 'Master that shit and put it out.' It's ridiculous. The demos were sick. Eight-minute songs, all these tempo changes, crazy fast. It's like, 'Dude, don't get slower when you get older, but don't get faster!? How are you gonna play this live?' And then me and Lars were out partying all night, and he had to go in the studio the next day and do this stupid like nine- or ten-minute song, and I was laughing at him — because he played me the demo of it, and it was [sings really fast drum part], so fast. I called him, and said, 'Dude, how are you feeling?' He was like, 'Dude, I'm hurting.' They're cutting everything to tape, no fuckin' ProTools — live, no clicks. Bitchin'. I dig it. I'm really excited for them."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Trujillo a dit dans une interview que les nouveaux morceaux joués live ne figureront pas sur le prochain album :
Last year, METALLICA performed two new tracks live in concert that have become known as "The New Song" and "The Other New Song". Earlier this year, bassist Robert Trujillo said in an interview that neither of those cuts was going to be included on the next studio album, but that parts of one of them might be reworked into other songs. Then METALLICA surprised the audience at their show in Bilbao, Spain on June 29, 2007 when they once again performed "The Other New Song".
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

une bonne nouvelle alors ! ça fait lontemps que metallica n'avait pas annoncé quelque chose d'aussi bien
Fully
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Fully »

Holy Cross a écrit :une bonne nouvelle alors ! ça fait lontemps que metallica n'avait pas annoncé quelque chose d'aussi bien

:lol: :up: le pire c'est que c'est vrai :( :lol:
Répondre