Savatage

Les artistes du présent ou du passé : débats, albums/carrière, découvertes...

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Votre album préféré

Sirens (1983)
23%
Power of the Night (1985)
Aucun vote
Fight for the Rock (1986)
Aucun vote
Hall of the Mountain King (1987)
31%
Gutter Ballet (1989)
15%
Streets: A Rock Opera (1991)
Aucun vote
Edge of Thorns (1993)
8%
Handful of Rain (1994)
15%
Dead Winter Dead (1995)
8%
The Wake of Magellan (1997)
Aucun vote
Poets and Madmen (2001)
Aucun vote

Nombre total de votes : 13

raph
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par raph »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

erreur, elles ne sont pas imprimées, sur le pressage allemand en tout cas
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Metal Knight »

oui mon pressage américain de gutter ballet il y a l'inner sleeve avec paroles mais mon pressage allemand de Mountain King, que dalle..... ca m'embête je vais devoir me trouver le pressage americain...
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

j'ai acheter le STREETS mais version allemande donc pas de paroles.
et j'ai pris aussi THE DUNGEONS ARE CALLING sur Roadrunner version hollandaise pas de paroles non plus.. sninf...

j'ai plus qu'à me faire un montage et m'imprimer un insert avec les paroles.
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Existe t'il un DVD ou même un VHS live des eigties ??
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

sur youtube tu peux trouver des vidéos de 89 ou même 86. D'officiel il n'y a rien. Le live in Japan 94 existe en bootleg en dvd ;)
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Ronnie Ripper
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Ronnie Ripper »

j'ai une version de "Sirens" avec en prime le mini"dungeons are calling" et des morceaux perdus.1994
sinon j'avais racheté les version silver.
je pense que ce n'est pas super rarissime mais j'avais envie de partager ce moment avec vous hé hé hé hé
ce riff de tueur sur "city beneath the surface".j'adore!
Live your life fighting.
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

guardianoftheblind a écrit :sur youtube tu peux trouver des vidéos de 89 ou même 86. D'officiel il n'y a rien. Le live in Japan 94 existe en bootleg en dvd ;)
snif alors ...... bon je vais regarder ca ce soir ;)
Ronnie Ripper a écrit : je pense que ce n'est pas super rarissime mais j'avais envie de partager ce moment avec vous hé hé hé hé
ca je comprends ;)
windowsofsoul
Spotlight Kid
Spotlight Kid

Message par windowsofsoul »

damna et megadeth : bande de moules ! comment ne pas aimer Savatage rholala

hep , tout le monde*
Moi j'suis un gros fan de SAVATAGE , j'ai eu l'occasion de les voir avec chris oliva et je peux vous dire que ça envoyait vraiment "!

Et jon compense largement son gros bide par une des plus grandes voix du métal !

vive jon , vive Jon oliva's pain !!

Up the irons
one for all - all for one !
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

:o :o
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Clo
Moinix
Moinix

Message par Clo »

:lol: :lol: :lol: j'ai été obligé de revenir à la première page pour comprendre les propos de windowsofsoul!!! Des propos qui remontent à presque 4 ans, Bébert s'appelait alors Megadeth et était en couple avec Damna :D :up:

J'adore les vieux topics qui resurgissent comme ça :P
BURDIGALA ANGEL
Shadow Thief
Shadow Thief

Message par BURDIGALA ANGEL »

les premiers albums,surtout l'epoque JOHN OLIVA resteros culte une production enorme ,un metal noir et lourd au superbe melodie,rapellons nous,"STRANGE WAYS" ou'bien "THE HALL OF THE MOINTAIN KING " ,
"HAULOCAUST" ect ..........................................................................
écouter donc , et vous m'en dirai des nouvelles.
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Il n'y a que Dime pour faire autant de faute dans une seule phrase :D ET Dime ne connait pas Savatage :o :o Un clone maléfique? :o :( :(
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

BURDIGALA ANGEL a écrit :les premiers albums,surtout l'epoque JOHN OLIVA resteros culte une production enorme ,un metal noir et lourd au superbe melodie,rapellons nous,"STRANGE WAYS" ou'bien "THE HALL OF THE MOINTAIN KING " ,
"HAULOCAUST" ect ..........................................................................
écouter donc , et vous m'en dirai des nouvelles.
C'est une bonne blague j'espère autant de fautes dans des titres d'un groupe :D
Fallait trouver "Strange ways" :lol:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

http://www.bravewords.com/news/58640

TSO, une des plus grosses tournées 2006 aux US !
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Video footage of SAVATAGE performing the song "Degrees of Sanity" on the "Edge of Thorns" tour in Milan, Italy on June 8, 1993 with guitarist founding guitarist Criss Oliva has been posted online at YouTube.

Professionally shot video footage of SAVATAGE performing the song "Dead Winter Dead" at the Dynamo Open Air festival in Eindhoven, Holland in 1996 has been posted online at YouTube.com. The clip originally aired on the German music video channel VIVA TV on the metal show "Metalla".

As previously reported, an ultra-rare video clip of SAVATAGE (under the band's original moniker AVATAR) performing VAN HALEN's "Eruption" and "You Really Got Me" during an outdoor concert held in a strip mall parking lot in Clearwater, Florida sometime around 1981-1982 has been posted online at YouTube.com. Also available is a video clip of the band performing the SAVATAGE classic "Holocaust". This is the earliest (known) footage of SAVATAGE that exists. The group's lineup for the performance was as follows:

Vocals - Jon Oliva
Guitar - Criss Oliva
Bass - Keith Collins
Drums - Steve Wacholz
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Oliva s'enerve ! :up:
Je crois que c'est clair.

BW&BK Exclusive: JON OLIVA - "If You’re A SAVATAGE Fan And You Don’t Have Maniacal Renderings You’re Full Of Shit"

BW&BK scribe Carl Begai recently caught up with JON OLIVA'S PAIN / SAVATAGE frontman/founder Jon Oliva to discuss the response to JOP's latest album, Maniacal Renderings, and their plans for a new album, due out in early 2008. In particular, there were questions as to whether Oliva would use more of the demo tapes featuring his brother and original Savatage guitarist Criss that made their way into the songs on Manical Renderings

“Oh yeah, we’ve got lots of stuff," says Oliva. "Criss will probably be part of the next four or five Jon Oliva’s Pain records. I’ve got 45 tapes and I’ve only gone through 12 of them, and that was all the material we used for Maniacal Renderings. He co-wrote five songs on that record, which is why the Savatage fans that give me hell for not doing Savatage piss me off. It’s like, here you go, Criss has been dead for 15 years and you’ve got him and his brother working together like they did in the so-called ‘real’ Savatage-era and you’re still giving me shit about it? You’ve got an album out that’s got Jon Oliva and Criss Oliva working together for the first time since Edge Of Thorns; if you’re a Savatage fan and you don’t have Maniacal Renderings you’re full of shit. Still, people are buying the album, so I guess they’ve started to accept the situation."

"I know it’s sad," he says of the "will-they-or-won't they" controversy surrounding Savatage's long awaited next studio album. "The other thing that bothers me is that everybody acts like I don’t care. I started the band when I was 18 years old, it’s been my whole life, so how can they even think that? If I didn’t care I’d be calling this Savatage and raking in as much money as I could. I didn’t call JOP Savatage because I didn’t want to insult the fans or the guys who are part of Savatage. I’d make a ton of money a night if I were to call this Jon Oliva’s Savatage because the promoters want me to use the name, but I just won’t do it. I don’t need the money.”

Watch the Features section on this page for a complete interview with Jon Oliva's Pain members Kevin Rothney (bass) and Christopher Kinder (drums), coming soon.
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

besoin d'aide de la part des connaisseurs,
Sirens premier pressage c'est bien celui-là : Rds (PAR 1050) '83 ?
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Apparemment Sirens est d'abord sorti sur PAR Records à 1050 exemplaires, donc c'est peut-être bien ça. Mais il existe un LP bootleg récent avec la même pochette...

:pointer: http://www.adrenalynrecords.com/item/1/ ... 0-usa.html

Et tiré du site officiel :
Par, Combat, Relativity Records & Metal Blade/Spybad have all released Sirens. Par's is black with a blue circle on it and a woman's face on one side which sort of "fades into" a sailing ship on the other. The other known release has the more common "killer children" cover. Combat Records eventually reissued it in 1985 and again reissued on Metal Blade/Spybat in 1995 with two bonus tracks.

Q: Is there more than one cover for this album?
A: The album when first released featured a drawing of a ship with an old woman’s face on it. The band was not to pleased with this cover and it was eventually changed to the now familiar "sewer children" cover for the Combat reissue.

Q: Is it true that this was recently reissued as a picture disc LP?
A: The picture disc, which contains the artwork of the original cover printed on the LP itself is a bootleg. Approximately 500 of these were made.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

celui d'adrenalyn doit être l'original, il connait bien je lui ai acheté quelques raretés déjà.
en fait faut que je demande au gars si son exemplaire a une femme sur le derrière de la couverture. Mais en tout cas il l'annonce comme étant un PAR..
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

bon celui qu'on me propose est bien l'original, premier pressage sur PAR.
Par contre j'hesite encore car il est VG/VG pour 45euros.......
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Est-ce que quelqu'un sait si on arrive à trouver un bootleg (ou pas) du live du BANG YOUR HEAD 2001 ???
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Je ne l'ai jamais vu trainer non :/
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

merci quand même ;)
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Triste constat, triste nouvelle, pour ceux qui comme esperaient quelques derniers lives de Savatage à venir... :( :,(

In other news, Jon Oliva has issued the following statement regarding the current status of SAVATAGE:

"It has become necessary for me to set the record straight about any possible future SAVATAGE concert performances.

"After careful consideration by me, management and members of the band, I would like to make an official statement about the state of SAVATAGE.

"The TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA is growing at an amazing rate. Our second non-Christmas record ('Nightcastle') will be released [next] year. Following that, TSO will immediately begin recording its next Christmas record while also planning for year-round touring and possible overseas performances.

"As a further result of the ever-growing popularity and demand for the TSO brand, SAVATAGE is not planning to do any future concert appearances. TSO has become a year-round responsibility for all of us and the future looks to be increasingly more demanding. Therefore, it is not possible for us to shut down this massive operation in order to perform SAVATAGE shows.

"We hope this puts to rest any speculation that SAVATAGE will be returning to the stage.

"JON OLIVA'S PAIN requires the balance of my time and energy and I am happy to be recording and touring with such a great band and the continued release of my music. Our third CD, 'Global Warning', will be released in Europe via AFM Records in mid-April 2008.

"JON OLIVA'S PAIN is the closest thing to SAVATAGE that you're going to get!"

"Thank you and we look forward to bringing the 'PAIN' to you for many years to come.

:,(
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Ca, c'est fait... :(
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Une corde svp :,(
Répondre