John Patrick McDonald "Midnight" (Crimson Glory) 1962-2009

Rendons hommage au talent des artistes qui nous ont quittés.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has learned that former CRIMSON GLORY frontman Midnight (real name: John Patrick Jr. McDonald) passed away earlier today (Wednesday, July 8) from "total kidney and liver failure." He was 47 years old.

According to JON OLIVA'S PAIN guitarist Matt LaPorte, who played on some of Midnight's recent solo recordings, the singer spent his final hours surrounded by his mother, brother, daughter as well as members of CRIMSON GLORY, SAVATAGE, and JON OLIVA'S PAIN. His death occurred at 3:45 a.m EST at St. Anthony's Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida.

"I will miss my partner Midnight — the greatest voice and friend I've ever known," LaPorte told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. He added, "In spite of his demons, [Midnight] was a beautiful soul who constantly changed the lives of those he met and came into contact with."

Midnight sang on CRIMSON GLORY's first three albums — "Crimson Glory" (1986), "Transcendence" (1988) and "Strange and Beautiful" (1991) — before going into self-imposed exile for almost a decade. He eventually rejoined CRIMSON GLORY in 2005 but was dismissed in January 2007 following the revelation that he was arrested in Sarasota, Florida and charged with "DUI [driving under the influence] with .20 [blood-alcohol level] or higher or having a passenger under 18" years of age. Midnight, who gave his occupation as "painter" to the authorities at the time of the arrest, was also cited for driving with a suspended/ cancelled/ revoked license.

Last fall, Midnight announced plans to release a new solo CD called "All Souls Midnight" which was to feature the "Acoustic Crimson" EP (four songs) along with the lost "Midnight Mass" recordings from the late '80s/early '90s plus some other "cool rarities."

Modifié en dernier par Yathin Lizzy le 08 juil. 2009, 15:58, modifié 1 fois.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

:(
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Merde ! :(
:rip:
tiamat
Little Dreamer
Little Dreamer

Message par tiamat »

:( :( :(
Poison Apples - Hard N' Roll parisien : http://www.myspace.com/poisonapplesrock
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

putain mais 47 ans c'est encore trop jeune bordel! :putain:
RIP
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

RIP :(
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
jerome83
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par jerome83 »

putain... RIP mec :( :( :(
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

RIP

Transcendance restera un de mes albums cultes.
Metal B
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Metal B »

R.I.P mec!
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

Bah merde ... :rip:
ImageImageImage
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Metal Knight »

Quel merde ! :/
Yama
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Yama »

Oh. : '(
- L'affreux Warnabot.
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

C'est con de mourir à cet âge là !! :( C'était une excellente voix. J'aimais bien "lonely".
:riff:
postman
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par postman »

bizarre la vie
je m etais reecouté les deux premiers cette semaine

azrael , red shark
tres bonne periode du groupe

RIP
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

A memorial service for former CRIMSON GLORY frontman Midnight (John Patrick McDonald, Jr.) will be held on Saturday, July 11 at 6:30 p.m. at Siesta Key public beach (just south of main pavillion) in Florida. This celebration of Midnight's life will be open to all who wish to attend.

CRIMSON GLORY banmembers Jon Drenning (guitars), Ben Jackson (guitars) and Dana Burnell (drums) have issued one joint as well as three individual statements regarding Midnight's passing:

The band says: "Midnight was a very special soul with a beautiful heart...

"To try to describe his many gifts through the limiting restraints of text and typeset is like trying to describe a thousand rainbows to a blind man who never learned to count. His mind was both extraordinarily beautiful and enticingly frightening, an indescribably mysterious place from which came some of the most brilliantly creative and soulfully poignant lyrics in the history of heavy metal. He was not always understood, but his talents were undeniable and transcended far beyond the bounds of our weaker imaginations.

"As is the case with all truly great artists, Midnight was hounded by his demons...but he put them to work, using them to pull back the curtains of his cosmic wonderland and reveal the pieces and parts that made him who he was: the soft vulnerable child, the eccentric and maniacal genius, the soaring passionate believer, the charming and mischievous imp, the wistful dream weaver...discovering Midnight was like discovering a new reality for us; we knew from the moment we first heard him sing that he was something special, and we all feel honored that he shared himself not just with us, but with the rest of the world.

"Midnight's voice was truly unique; he had such an emotional, magical, mystical quality that most singers never have or come close to achieving. That voice took all who heard it through highs and lows, through triumph and suffering; every word, every note touching, reaching deep inside and commanding response and feeling. He was a great influence for metal singers and will continue to be for many years to come.

"Despite his personal demons we always loved him and hoped that one day he would get well. We will miss him dearly. He was one of us...our friend, our brother. Midnight was and will always be the singer for CRIMSON GLORY. He is at peace now; he will always live in our hearts...he is forever."

Jon Drenning: "Midnight and I shared so much together over the years; dreams, goals, visions, creativity... We would often daydream for hours upon hours about how we would make the most amazing music together that would 'transcend' the world. We were determined to make an impact like no other and wanted create a legacy that would be everlasting... Despite our disagreements, I loved him deeply and will miss him profoundly. We had a contentious, yin-yang type of relationship, but we respected each other's ideas, talents and creativity, and loved each other dearly; we were brothers 'til the end. Midnight was a kind, generous, spiritual, beautiful, passionate, eccentric, mysterious, stubborn old soul with the voice of both an angel and a lion. Truly, he was a rare individual with an enigmatic, angelic voice who had a great influence on many of today's well-known and yet-to-be-known metal singers. There have been many great singers throughout the years in the metal genre, including several who have tried to copy Midnight's uniquely moving, intensely emotional style, but there can be - and will only ever be — one Midnight. He was a once-in-a-lifetime singer, one-in-a-billion, a star among stars... Indeed, the world has lost a great singer, songwriter, painter, poet and friend... but his spirit lives on in each of us who knew and heard him, as well as for those yet to discover his creative genius. In death you live again, my brother, my friend. It does not mean the end; it never really ends..."

Ben Jackson: "Words cannot express the sadness I feel today over the loss of my dear friend Midnight. Having been friends with Mid for the last thirty years has provided me with memories I will surely treasure for the rest of my life until we hopefully will meet again. Together we made music, shared laughs and good times, traveled the world to faraway places and lived life with passion. He touched many with his unique gift and was universally loved by his many friends and fans. A gentle genius and a sweet, sweet soul. I will miss you so much buddy! I love you!"

Dana Burnell: "Today the world lost an incredible singer and songwriter. I lost my band mate, my friend... my brother. I've known Midnight for over 30 years; he was the gentlest, kindest and most caring person I've known, and I loved him very much. Midnight only wanted good for everyone, he was a good soul. Knowing he is at peace now brings me great peace. I love him and will forever miss him."

Midnight passed away yesterday (Wednesday, July 8) from "total kidney and liver failure." He was 47 years old.

According to JON OLIVA'S PAIN guitarist Matt LaPorte, who played on some of Midnight's recent solo recordings, the singer spent his final hours surrounded by his mother, brother, daughter as well as members of CRIMSON GLORY, SAVATAGE, and JON OLIVA'S PAIN. His death occurred at 3:30 a.m EST at St. Anthony's Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Midnight sang on CRIMSON GLORY's first three albums — "Crimson Glory" (1986), "Transcendence" (1988) and "Strange and Beautiful" (1991) — before going into self-imposed exile for almost a decade. He eventually rejoined CRIMSON GLORY in 2005 but was dismissed in January 2007.

Last fall, Midnight announced plans to release a new solo CD called "All Souls Midnight" which was to feature the "Acoustic Crimson" EP (four songs) along with the lost "Midnight Mass" recordings from the late '80s/early '90s plus some other "cool rarities."
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

ça va être diffusé sur TF1, France 2, France 3, France 4, M6, W9; NRJ12 et Chasse et pèche?
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

un très grand chanteur... 47 ans bordel...
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Reaction de Oliva
:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received the following message from SAVATAGE/JON OLIVA's PAIN mastermind Jon Oliva regarding the passing of former CRIMSON GLORY frontman Midnight (John Patrick McDonald, Jr.):

"I am filled with sadness after learning of Mid's death. He was truly one of the most unique, heart-melting singers and lyricists I've ever come across. Through his work with members of my band, I was exposed to many of the songs he has recorded recently and can honestly say that they are some of the most epic pieces of high art I've ever experienced.

"I am so honored to have recorded a duet [with Midnight] on [a reworked version of the CRIMSON GLORY classic] 'Painted Skies'. When Matt [LaPorte; JON OLIVA'S PAIN guitarist and recent Midnight collaborator] asked me to do that, I had never heard the song before, but as I was reading the lyrics before recording my parts, I was simply blown away by the depth within his words.

"I had been planning on using Mid to play a feature rôle on an upcoming concept album by JON OLIVA'S PAIN, our first, but now I will sadly have to abandon such plans.

"God bless you, John. You touched my life and I am so grateful."

A memorial service for Midnight will be held on Saturday, July 11 at 6:30 p.m. at Siesta Key public beach (just south of main pavillion) in Florida. This celebration of Midnight's life will be open to all who wish to attend.

Midnight passed away yesterday (Wednesday, July 8) from "total kidney and liver failure." He was 47 years old.

According to JON OLIVA'S PAIN guitarist Matt LaPorte, who played on some of Midnight's recent solo recordings, the singer spent his final hours surrounded by his mother, brother, daughter as well as members of CRIMSON GLORY, SAVATAGE, and JON OLIVA'S PAIN. His death occurred at 3:30 a.m EST at St. Anthony's Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Midnight sang on CRIMSON GLORY's first three albums — "Crimson Glory" (1986), "Transcendence" (1988) and "Strange and Beautiful" (1991) — before going into self-imposed exile for almost a decade. He eventually rejoined CRIMSON GLORY in 2005 but was dismissed in January 2007.

GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Pantoufle
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Pantoufle »

Bien triste nouvelle :,( :,( :,(
Une voix exceptionnelle ....

T'ain 47 ans et déja devoir porter le masque de la mort ...
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

guardianofsteel a écrit :ça va être diffusé sur TF1, France 2, France 3, France 4, M6, W9; NRJ12 et Chasse et pèche?
n'es pas Michael Jackson qui veut :)
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
steelprophet
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par steelprophet »

Supernuages a écrit :"total kidney and liver failure." He was 47 years old.
rein + foie,ouch !sucait pas que de la glace le midnight !? :scratch:
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Calimero a écrit :
guardianofsteel a écrit :ça va être diffusé sur TF1, France 2, France 3, France 4, M6, W9; NRJ12 et Chasse et pèche?
n'es pas Michael Jackson qui veut :)
et même qui veut pas :D :D :D
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Tony Le Pouilleux

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

karw a écrit :
Supernuages a écrit :"total kidney and liver failure." He was 47 years old.
rein + foie,ouch !sucait pas que de la glace le midnight !? :scratch:
Ce n'est pas pour rien qu'il avait été viré de Crimson Glory il y a deux ans. :drink: :drink:
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

triste j'aurais bien aimé le voir live le bonhomme :,(
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le groupe va continuer.
Ils prévoient un concert hommage au ProgPower avec Wade Black (qui chantait sur Astronomica) au chant et des invités surprises.
Le concert donnera lieu à un DVD

The current members of CRIMSON GLORY — whose former lead singer, Midnight (real name: John Patrick McDonald, Jr.), passed away last week — have released the following update:

"We are proud to announce that CRIMSON GLORY have been asked by ProgPower USA founder/promoter Glenn Harveston to headline the ProgPower USA tenth anniversary festival on Friday, September 11, 2009 in Atlanta, Georgia.

"It is both a privilege and an honor to perform at this now-infamous American metal fest, and we see this as a beautifully serendipitous opportunity to pay a final and meaningful tribute to Midnight in a truly special manner by including the fans, as well as a stretching of our collective wings in anticipation of a new era of CRIMSON GLORY.

"Initially we had only intended to come to ProgPower as a band to commemorate Midnight by presenting a memorial dedicated to his life and his work with CRIMSON GLORY. We had, of course, hoped for the chance to play the festival at some point in the future, but from the ashes of circumstances beyond Glenn's control, this opportunity arose for CRIMSON GLORY to perform sooner rather than later.

"This was totally unexpected, but after much deliberation between all members of the band, we feel that it is absolutely the 'right' thing to do.

"We see this as the perfect scenario for us to reconnect with the many fans who have followed CRIMSON GLORY over the years, as well as to present our music to those fans who have never seen the band play live. Indeed, we plan to use this performance as a bridge between the past and future of CRIMSON GLORY. As one door closes, another opens; as one chapter ends, another is begun; this promises to be a very intimate, magical and memorable event for us as well as for the fest.

"Wade Black will be the main vocalist for the show, but we are making plans to have several guest singers performing the classic CRIMSON GLORY songs and honoring Midnight's legendary legacy in their own personal and unique ways.

"John Zonner (SAVATAGE, CRIMSON GLORY, JON OLIVA'S PAIN) will also be joining the band for this performance and we feel very fortunate to have him sharing his talent with us again.

"We plan to film the performance in its entirety for a DVD release later next year as part of the 25th anniversary of CRIMSON GLORY.

"While we had remained hopeful to write and perform again with Midnight, the cosmic powers-that-be clearly had other plans, both for our departed brother traversing the stars, as well as for the rest of us still here, surviving together on this beautiful little blue planet.

"However, it does not mean the end... it never really ends."

Je trouve ça bien qu'ils continuent .... par contre ils ont une façon d'amener les choses un peu limite, je trouve ...
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Répondre