HELL : Human's remains 13-05-2011

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

jerome83
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par jerome83 »

2011-03-11 - The band featuring original members Kev Bower (guitar/ Keys), Tony Speakman (bass) and Tim Bowler (drums), now complete the line up with David Bower on Vocals and producer Andy Sneap on guitar, both replacing original singer/guitarist Dave Halliday who died in 1987. The international key press is amazing. – best metal album of the 21st century – best metal debut album in the last 25 years – probably the album of the year 2011- Sweden Rock, Metal Hammer UK¸ Rock Hard Germany and Hard Rocker Poland are all in agreement. "On Earth As It Is In Hell" is the first video from their debut album "Human Remains" which will be released worldwide on Nuclear Blast Friday May 13 2011.

franang
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par franang »

excellent
Une petite int qui traitée déjà a l'epoque de la prestation qu'ils devaient jouer au KIT
http://franang.sts.free.fr/e-zine/interviews/hell.pdf
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

j'espère qu'ils seront re programmé pour le KIT XV !!
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
A.W.
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par A.W. »

Pas mal le nouveau clip de cradle of filth :up: :lol:

Plus sérieusement, musicalement c'est réussi...vais me choper le cd
franang
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par franang »

c est vrai que les mecs ont la cinquantaine, et la leur look ne va pas du tout...
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

très bon morceau, et j'aime beaucoup la voix du nouveau chanteur. :up:

ça devait pas sortir sur Miskatonic ? Rich Walker se les est fait piquer par Nuclear Blast ? :help:
Modifié en dernier par olivier64 le 14 mars 2011, 20:26, modifié 1 fois.
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Yep sympa, ça fait depuis la semaine dernière que je me le passe régulièrement. :bang:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

incroyable, après toutes ces années à écouter les démos en se disant qu'il n'y aura jamais d'album de HELL, et puis si finalement, et ça à l'air drolement bon, même si la voix de Dave Halliday était tellement torturée que ça sera forcément moins fou et moins malsain que pouvaient l'être le groupe il y a 25 ans, un peu comme si on avait du Mercyful Fate avec un autre chanteur.

Un groupe complètement décalé et hors du temps, peut être pour ça que sa musique ne vieillit pas, mais c'est pour ça aussi qu'ils ont longtemps été classés dans la 4eme zone des groupes de NWOBHM, et encore moins, rien à voir avec ce que les autres groupes du genre pouvaient faire à l'époque. j'ai hâte d'entendre finalement ce premier album.
Ca me rappelle quand Witchfinder General a refait surface et enregistré un nouvel album, le genre de truc inespéré après des années de silence.
Les mecs de HELL ayant officié dans PARALEX avant, j'aimerais bien aussi qu'ils nous ressortent quelque chose de ce vieux groupe de NWOBHM, mes démos de 1981/82 valent leur pesant de cacaouhetes !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Andy Sneap parle du clip :
Andy Sneap is a life-long friend of the band who was taught guitar by the original Hell singer/guitarist Dave G. Halliday. Sneap shares a bit of background on the video:

“The video we shot at Wingfield Manor in Derbyshire, UK. It’s literally 5 miles from where I live and the band used the same location in the video for ‘Deathsquad’ that they shot in 1983. Director Kristian Havard - who used to be in the band Xentrix – is a friend from when Sabbat used to tour with them in the late ‘80s, so I called in a few favors.

“The band always were theatrical and out there image-wise. The great thing about Hell is we don’t feel pigeon-holed into any category: we just do what we want. We are not looking at what’s going on around us music-wise playing catch up or following the latest trends. Personally, I think it’s very rare that a concept comes across well on music video, so it was really out of ease to do a live performance. After all, this is really to introduce people to Hell.”

March 4th saw Nuclear Blast release the first single, 'Save Us From Those Who Would Save Us' ,worldwide digitally and on vinyl. 'On Earth As It Is In Hell' is the single's B-Side .

Hell formed in 1982 from the carcasses of UK metal bands RACE AGAINST TIME and PARALEX, whose White Lightning EP was listed by METALLICA as a favourite and which was subsequently included on the Lars Ulrich, Geoff Barton NWOBHM ’79 Revisited sampler album.

Despite over five years of constant touring, the band were cruelly overlooked, Hell were too different, too extreme, too musically intelligent and far too thought-provoking for the more commercial mid-'80's metal mindset. The final crushing blow came when their long-awaited 1986 album deal with Mausoleum collapsed as the label went bankrupt, followed by the tragic suicide of singer/guitarist, Dave Halliday in 1987. The remaining members drew a line in the sand and stopped playing overnight. Fast forward to 2011 and the UK cult metallers are back…

Sneap has painstakingly re-record 10 Hell classics with the three surviving members. Now with Sneap on Guitar, original founding members Kev Bower (guitar/keys), Tony Speakman (bass), Tim Bowler (drums) and David Bower now taking over vocal duties, the band are back with a vengeance.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
franang
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par franang »

l album est sorti en vinyl, 3lp pour 35 E !!! C'est de l'abus putain !
Yama
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Yama »

Avec leurs maquillages, on dirait un clip de Primus. :D
- L'affreux Warnabot.
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

franang a écrit :l album est sorti en vinyl, 3lp pour 35 E !!! C'est de l'abus putain !
Et merde, il était au Keep it true pour seulement 22 euros. J'aurais du le prendre Je n'avais pas fait gaffe qu'il s'agissait d'un triple LP, il me semblait que ce n'était qu'un double par contre (d'où la différence de prix? :scratch: )
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Metal Knight »

Oh purée 22€ oui t'aurais même du en prendre pour nous tous... j'arrive même pas à les avoir à ce prix en wholesale.. (et en plus sa date de sortie est le 13 mai..)
mais bon faudra bien que je m'en chope 1 une copie au moins !
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

tu me fous un doute, il était peut être à 25 euros.
Enfin, c'est sur qu'il n'était pas à 35€. :non:
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

Je ne crois pas me tromper, au KIT il y avait un vilain bootleg de HELL, en fait les démos des 80' avec un son pourri, rien à voir avec ce nouvel album, est-ce que ça ne serait pas ce LP que tu as vu ?

En tous cas, faut choper l'édition limitée absolument, parce qu'elle contient ces fameuses et légendaires démos, en plus du nouvel album.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pochette et interview complète d'Andy Sneap en bonus :

Q: How exactly does Hell have a tie-in with METALLICA?

A: "I’m presuming you are referring to them talking about covering a Paralex track when they were thinking of which songs to use on the Garage Days EP. Lars [Ulrich] mentioned it a while back. Paralex [in whose ranks were two original members of Hell] released their much sought after White Lightning EP - on green vinyl, no less! - and were also featured on the compilation album [NWOBHM: ’79 Revisited] that Geoff Barton and Lars compiled a couple of years ago. So that’s all, really."

Q: Hell existed for such a short amount of time after their inception in 1982. What led to the band’s rapid break-up?

A: "The band signed to Mausoleum Records back in 1984/85, who then went bankrupt. This happened over a one year period of the band being kept in limbo and by the time it had all fallen through, band members were in debt, disillusioned, and disinterested. Kev Bower quit to be replaced by one of Dave [Halliday]’s guitar students Shaun Kelly, but a year later they disbanded and unfortunately in early ’87, Dave Halliday took his own life."

Q: How did the aftermath of Dave’s death play out, leading up to today?

A: "After Dave died, everyone went separate ways. Kev totally gave up on music as did Tim Bowler [drums]. Tony [Speakman, bassist] kept playing in local bands. I met both Tim and Tony again about 10 years ago and of course, we’d always talk about old times and the band. It was only when we managed to find Kev three years ago through his son being into metal and liking bands I’d produced that we had this crazy idea of recording the old material. We didn’t really think what we were doing at the time, it was more like an old boys’ convention where we’d have a few beers and record a bit at a time when I was available. But it really brought us all together again and has actually been a tremendous amount of fun. I think the results speak for themselves."

Q: David Bower, the new lead singer, is actually quite theatrical, both visually and with his voice.

A: "We found him at under the same roof as Kev. David’s actually a professional actor/lunatic who has appeared in a few of the UK soaps and also Othello in London with the comedian Lenny Henry. By nature he’s a tenor, but we got him down to do the voice over in “Plague And Fyre.” It’s when I got him to sing some backing vocals I realized the missing piece to the puzzle was right under our noses. His brother Kev is the guitar player and he’d also seen the band maybe 15 times back in the day, so he knew exactly what the band was all about."

Q: Are all the tracks on Human Remains all the original songs from back in the day?

A: "Yes, they are all from the ‘80s. A few tiny tweaks arrangement-wise to streamline them a little bit, but in general, they are very true to the originals."

Q: It’s surprising to know you guys didn’t get carried away with your “old boys’ convention” and write new material for this one!

A: "No, not on this one. The next album will see 50% old and 50% new. There’s a lot more to come and we have big plans for that already. Like I said earlier, Kev gave up on music and now he’s rediscovered it; the ideas are really flowing. I also have a huge stock pile of riffs and ideas and Dave Bower is also a talented guitar player. Tony has a couple of ideas he keeps mentioning too, so I think we are well into album 3 by now."

Q: You’ve been around long enough to see the evolution in music production really evolve. How would Hell’s original demos stand up to the full album’s standards of today?

A: "The demos were mono; the album’s in stereo… I’m not kidding, either. We could get into the whole analog / digital debate. What I tried to achieve on this album was an honest recording of these songs. We took almost an old-school approach, no cutting and pasting, heads-down, see-you-at-the-end, but still obviously as tight as we could get it. People have commented on the production being more organic than my usual productions, but really it’s down to the song writing and style of playing than anything I’m doing. I’ve worked on and off on the album over the last three years. Basically, whenever I had a spare weekend, I’d call the guys up and say “Right – let’s get to it.” If you combine all the time up, including the mix, it’s probably taken 10 weeks. There wasn’t really any difficult points; the hardest bit was saying “That’s it, it’s done,” because an album is never finished."

Q: There are people who really dig the album who weren’t even born when Hell’s first demo was recorded in 1982!

A: "The reaction to the album is quite humbling, actually. We knew it was good but had no idea how people would take it. It’s always a bit of a nervous time when you release an album but always very satisfying when the opinions across the board are universally positive. It just confirms we have done the right thing, which after all the hard work, upset, and time gone by for these guys, is a truly wonderful feeling."

Q: What do you think is the appeal of NWOBHM bands in today’s scene?

A: "I think the scene’s getting a bit saturated with the new stuff. Labels are partly to blame. I think schedules have become too predictable, so people hark back to the old days where it was more about classic song writing rather than the latest hair cut and 7-string single note riff. Back then, in the ‘80s, people really believed in metal; it really came from the heart. I won’t put another Hell album out until we are 100% happy with it. Bands are too rushed these days and I think it doesn’t help bands develop."

Q: It’s nice to know you’re back playing guitar and will soon to hit the stage again with Hell, as it’s been a while since your other band, Sabbat, has recorded or played live.

A: "Deep down, I always have been a guitarist. It’s just that Plan B kinda worked out for me. I must admit, I’m pretty bored with sitting on my ass in the studio all day, so now I’ve been given the chance to do this. I’m 100% in; it’s fun. It may cost me some money and a couple of albums I could have done, but you know what? I don’t care. Playing to me is priceless."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

metal militia a écrit :tu me fous un doute, il était peut être à 25 euros.
Enfin, c'est sur qu'il n'était pas à 35€. :non:
je crois que c'etait le pirate que tu a vu,je l'ai vu aussi.
l'album n'etait pas encore sorti,tu pense bien qu'a se prix je l'aurais embarqué sans la moindre pitié !
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
PE
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par PE »

Everflow a écrit :I’m 100% in; it’s fun. It may cost me some money and a couple of albums I could have done, but you know what? I don’t care. Playing to me is priceless."
Et il ment pas le coco. Il s'est désengagé du nouvel album de Megadeth juste pour faire une paire de dates cet été avec Hell. C'est quand même l'avantage d'avoir une réputation solidement établi : les propositions vont continuer à venir, il peut se permettre d'en refuser. Par contre, financièrement c'est un manque à gagner certain. Donc respect pour avoir les balls de passer à côté de jolies sommes pour aller faire quelques concerts :)
franang
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par franang »

j'ai recu le triple lp, putain je suis sure la cul c'est excellent !!!
franang
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par franang »

une petite int' faite par bibi il y a deux ans

http://franang.sts.free.fr/e-zine/interviews/hell.pdf
lole66
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par lole66 »

Je viens de commander le mien, enfin pas la version vinyle mais celle en double Cd avec les démos dedans :bang: :bang:

Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par jerome83 »

je l'ai commandé aussi chez N.Blast !! si il est vrament bon, je commanderai le triple LP :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Ban, la flemme de tout relire là... mais il s'agit bien d'un album fait à partir des démos ? C'est pas des nouveaux morceaux ?
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
houguerr
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par houguerr »

je crois bien que non mais en tout cas il déboite !! :bang:
ride the night like you ride the lightning

Across the rainbow bridge to Valhalla
Odin's waiting for me
franang
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par franang »

Gaëtan a écrit :Ban, la flemme de tout relire là... mais il s'agit bien d'un album fait à partir des démos ? C'est pas des nouveaux morceaux ?
ouai c'est les demos retravaillées et enregistrées avec des moyens modernes, la prod est franchement bien
Répondre