Jeff Loomis quitte Nevermore ...

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

houguerr
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par houguerr »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Super Mouton a écrit :
Mister Double T a écrit :
Super Mouton a écrit :Putain il n'y a que de bonnes nouvelles en ce moment pour le metal YEAH !!! :bang:
Fais le malin saligaud :D. Vivement de "bonnes" nouvelles pour le hardcore aussi...
Le jour où Kickback splitte ou Sick Of It All prend sa retraite, je m'occupe moi-même de publier la news avec vannes pourries à foison de circonstance :diable:.
Bah ce n'était pas ironique pour une fois. Mais je voudrais pas dire ces derniers: mort de Colombus, mort de LaPorte, départ de KK Downing, départ de Loomis...ça fait beaucoup.
Même si je n'écoute aucun de ses 4 groupes (un peu de Gildas Priest quand même), ça fait du nettoyage.
Ne parle pas de la mort de Columbus comme ça ( LaPorte je ne connais pas :oops: ) et le reste quand même une tragédie au niveau du metal .
ride the night like you ride the lightning

Across the rainbow bridge to Valhalla
Odin's waiting for me
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Sympa comme news pour un retour de week-end :,( :,( :,(
J'aurais jamais cru que ça en arriverait là... A la limite, que Warrel se barre ou se fasse virer, mais pas que Jeff Loomis et Van Williams se barrent :( Ca plus la tumeur de Jim Sheppard, je crois que Nevermore, c'est mort :putain:
Je suis bien content de les avoir vus plein de fois, dont une toute dernière il y a un mois et demi pour une prestation correcte!

:rip:
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Metal B
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Metal B »

De t'façons Warrel Dane depuis Sanctuary... :)
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

Juste pour dire que l'album solo de J.Loomis est une belle tuerie :bang: :o et que j'attends des news de son prochain projet avec impatience..Peut être vont ils attendre que Warrel D. se rétablisse :) pour reformer Nevermore :P
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Warrel Dane affirme que Nevermore n'est pas mort, mais que pour l'instant il se concentre sur Sanctuary...

Reunited '80s metallers SANCTUARY - which feature current NEVERMORE frontman Warrel Dane and bassist Jim Sheppard - are currently working on material for a new album due out later this year/early 2012.

"Nevermore is not dead," Dane exclaimed in a recent Twitter update. "Sanctuary is just the focus now and oh holy shit when you hear you will know why. Serious Lenny (Rutledge; guitar) is writing some amazing thrash it's gonna cut your brains in half. A major Sanctuary announcement coming in the next few days…"

Nevermore parted ways with guitar player Jeff Loomis and drummer Van Williams in April. In a statement the pair wrote: "In a mutual decision Jeff Loomis and Van Williams have decided to leave Nevermore. The time has come to pursue our own paths from the group. Due to internal struggles and ongoing issues within the band, we feel it is our time to move on. We would like to thank all of our fans around the world for their years of love, support and enthusiasm. This was not an easy decision but a very necessary one at this point, may we all meet again someday, somewhere in time."
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Jeff Loomis va entrer en studio pour un nouvel album solo pendant ce temps...

Il y aura Dirk Verbeuren à la batterie :bave: et 3-4 morceaux chantés a priori !
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Ce programme a l'air alléchant!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pierre a écrit :Warrel Dane affirme que Nevermore n'est pas mort, mais que pour l'instant il se concentre sur Sanctuary...
Cela va quand même être excessivement difficile de remplacer Loomis qui composait l'immense majorité du matériel. Le groupe sonnera forcément différemment à présent, si groupe il y a.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Warrel Dane au sujet de ses anciens comparses (il n'est pas très diplomate avec Van Williams), et du futur du groupe :
Former NEVERMORE drummer Van Williams has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding his departure from the band:

"I'd just like to say for the record, playing in NEVERMORE consumed a huge part of my life from the time we got signed together back in '94 up until just a few months ago. During this time, the band has shared a lot of blood, sweat, tears and beers together, good times, bad times, and made some pretty cool music along the way, in my opinion, and I am proud to have been part of that with Warrel [Dane, vocals], Jeff [Loomis, guitar], Jim [Sheppard, bass] and all the great guitar players we've had in between.

"About Warrel's comment [in a recent interview] ('I mean, I could give a shit about our drummer — we never got along anyway'), It's unfortunate to hear that after all we've been through, but a statement like that really just verifies that I made the right decision in leaving. And so I move on, I wish all luck in your future endeavors... and yes, even 'the singer.' :)

"With that being said, you know what they say: 'It's onward and upwards!' ...or sideways..."

Greece's Rock Overdose recently conducted an interview with SANCTUARY/NEVERMORE frontman Warrel Dane. You can now listen to the chat using the audio player below.

When asked about NEVERMORE's recent split with Jeff Loomis and Van Williams, Dane told Greece's Rock Overdose, "Well, I didn't separate from Jeff; Jeff separated from me — that was his choice. And he, I think, wants to focus more on being a guitar hero and doing solo records. And this whole thing, this split with Jeff…. I mean, I could give a shit about our drummer — we never got along anyway — but Jeff was one of my best friends. And it's like going through a very painful divorce. I'm still very upset about the way it happened, because I didn't know that they were quitting the band until I saw on Blabbermouth. And that's not the way you treat your friends. We could have talked. And that was really, really shitty. I still talk to Jeff sometimes, but he's in his own world right now, so good luck to him. I love him — he's like my brother, but… There's not a whole lot I can say about that."

Regarding NEVERMORE's future, Warrel said, "NEVERMORE is still a band. We're still going to use Attila [Vörös], the guitar player that was playing with NEVERMORE when all this happened. And I think we have a new drummer — I'm still deciding. The guitar players that are submitting their YouTube videos to me for auditions, some of them are just fucking phenomenal. And I'm kind of humbled by all this, because I didn't realize that they are so many talented kids out there. Replacing Jeff is hard, so it's gonna be a slow process. And I will not replace Jeff until find the perfect guitar player — someone that can write songs and someone that can play solos. Sometimes there is somebody that can really compose good music and sometimes there's another one that can really shred on the guitar, so there has to be a balance. I'm gonna approach this carefully, because I don't want to stain the legacy of the band. NEVERMORE was my baby and has always been my passion for years. I'm still hurt over the way things fell apart, but you pick yourself up and just focus on what you're doing in the moment. But NEVERMORE is still a band; there was just two people that quit."
Globox666
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Globox666 »

ouaip. A mon avis, il a pas fini d'éplucher les vidéos de youtube pour trouver un "remplaçant" crédible à Jeff Loomis. Des bons gratteux, il aura aucun mal à en trouver mais des compositeurs avec une patte personnelle comme le Jeff et qui rentre dans le moule hermétique de Nevermore, il va ramer pour trouver.

Je lui souhaite bon courage et j'espère sincèrement qu'il trouvera la perle rare. Au pire, le nouveau Nevermore ressemblera à son album solo qui sans être génial, est sympathique (je suis fan de la voix de Dane).
Sanctuary
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Sanctuary »

Globox666 a écrit :Au pire, le nouveau Nevermore ressemblera à son album solo qui sans être génial, est sympathique (je suis fan de la voix de Dane).
Je pense que tu as raison...et je suis également fan de la voix de Dane :amour:
Entre la lumière et les ténèbres...Une ombre parmi les ombres.

http://mapage.noos.fr/carles
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Quel gros con ce Dane... il a quand même un peu tendance à zapper que sur scène il est à la rue une date sur deux minimum, et que musicalement Loomis et même Williams apportaient énormément au groupe...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ouaip, il lui faudra retrouver des musiciens inspirés, pas seulement des techos... et il lui faudra arrêter toute substance définitivement.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Jeff Loomis donne enfin les raisons de son départ d'un groupe qui a commencé à avoir battre de l'aile en 2005 à cause de leurs divers problèmes de santé pour finir par exploser pendant la tournée avec Symphony X. Visiblement ils saturaient les uns des autres, et on peut y lire aussi des histoires d'argent pas très claires :

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/09/21/me ... nevermore/
MetalSucks: Let's dive right in with the obvious question: From your perspective, what happened with NEVERMORE?

Jeff: Van [Williams, drums] and I started discussing leaving NEVERMORE when we were on our last tour with SYMPHONY X in Europe. Obviously, as everyone knows, NEVERMORE had been together since 1993, and we were very happy for many years. I think that over a period of time, with excessive touring and doing records together, we just got burnt out from one another. There were also many issues with drinking and alcohol abuse [my own] included. I'm not out to do interviews about the end of NEVERMORE and just zero out particular people in the band; that would be wrong and false information anyway. We were on the last leg of the SYMPHONY X tour and Van and I had a talk with Warrel [Dane, vocals] backstage and we told him we didn't want to continue on with the next tour with SYMPHONY X in the States. We wanted to take some time and regroup, so to speak, and wait for Jim [Sheppard, bass] to come back, since he was recovering from brain surgery. Warrel really did not like that idea, but Van and I stuck with it, thinking it was a smart move to maybe start fresh at a later date. All hell kind of broke from that [discussion], because the concert promoter [in the U.S.] got pissed off, and I heard through the grapevine that we might get sued because of it. That's pretty much when Van and I issued a statement that we were going to depart from the band. I really just had had enough at the end. I want to do different things musically, and I think it was just better that we left. It was quite amazing, though, with all the response we got from our fans. It's really nice to know that we affected so many people in a positive way with our music.

MetalSucks: So you started discussing leaving the band during that tour... at that point, for how long had you known that there were serious problems within the band?

Jeff: For quite some time, actually... there were many problems health-wise that were kinda getting scary. Warrel had a problem with his pancreas and diabetes back in '05, and Jim recently underwent brain surgery to remove a small brain tumor, plus he had issues with Crohn's disease. Sometimes Jim wasn't able to tour because of that, and we would always have to find a replacement. Troubles happen all the time in bands, and we always dealt with them. I think that over a period of time, though, that started to kind of take a toll with never having the whole original band onstage at certain times when we were on tour. People were asking tons of questions about it, and we would do the best we could with trying to explain everything, but sometimes fans wouldn't understand or get the real picture of what was going on. So, yes, I would say from as early on as 2005, there were issues we had to deal with, medical-wise.

MetalSucks: So... not trying to get you to talk smack or anything, but Warrel said some very not nice things about Van in the press, and claimed he had learned you guys quit via Blabbermouth. Do you have any thoughts on the way he reacted? Did he learn about the split via the Internet?

Jeff: Yeah, when I read [what Warrel said about Van] I was really bummed. I've known Warrel for twenty years now, and still, to this day, I sometimes can't figure him out. He has known Van for almost twenty years as well, and to say something like that is really sad, especially after the numerous tours and records we have done together. Van is the kind of guy that speaks what he believes in. He is from New York and he is my best buddy. When certain issues would come up in the band, he never had a problem holding back his thoughts, and I don't think Warrel liked that very much. A lot of that started about five or six years ago when we used to get paid through Warrel and Jim. This sucked really bad for many reasons. Number one, you shouldn't be getting paid by other band members, especially when you're in a signed band. Van and I ended up going to our manager and lawyer to get paid through them. Equal split four ways. It's so simple. This bothered Warrel and Jim quite a bit. For some reason, Jim had always thought he was our "manager" and the one that could get things done. This actually worked for a while, but in the long run, it really didn't. I wish he would had just stuck to playing his bass at those times, because it ended up not being a good thing at all. I think Warrel might have heard prior to the Internet that Van and I wanted to leave, but you know, I can't be certain.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Warrel Dane semble vouloir relancer Nevermore et affirme avoir écrit toutes les paroles pour un prochain album.
Il a d'ailleurs donné des concerts au Brésil avec des musiciens locaux durant lesquels il a joué en intégralité "Dead Heart in a Dead World" (pour les 15 ans de l'album) et une dizaine d'autres titres de Nevermore.

http://meninaheadbanger.com.br/2015/04/ ... -tour.html
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dane espère même le retour de Loomis, qui pour l'instant paie ses factures avec Arch Enemy.
Speaking to Menina Headbanger, Dane revealed that there is support from the record company for another album and that the band is not over: "No, Nevermore is not dead. I have secret plans. I have secret plans. I had all the lyrics written for a new Nevermore record right after... When Jeff and Van both decided to leave the band... The band didn't break up. They left the band. I had all the lyrics written for the next [album] - all of them. [It was] kind of a conceptual thing and continuing with the tradition of all the Nevermore lyrics that were evolving and turning into a perpetual story. And there's a possibility that, yeah, there will be another one. There's support there from the record company, probably. There's support from other people involved in the business that would mean maybe it would be a good idea to do another one. So don't be surprised if there is a new Nevermore record within the next two years."

He also stated that he hopes Jeff Loomis will be on the record: "But I don't know who will be in the band. All I can say is that I will be, Jim Sheppard will definitely be... I would love for Jeff Loomis to do it, but he's in Arch Enemy now, so I don't know if that's possible. Because we're not enemies. We don't talk much, but we're definitely not enemies. We didn't part on bad terms, so... We'll see."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un concert de reformation a failli avoir lieu au prochain ProgPower USA, mais le management d'Arch Enemy (= Angela Gossow) a mis son véto à la participation de Jeff Loomis, sous contrat avec Arch Enemy. Probablement parce que des dates sont déjà prévues à la place, mais là je suppute, je n'en sais rien.
En tout cas Dane a l'air un peu dégoûté et n'y croit plus. Trouvé sur le forum du groupe.
The big thing was a one off NM reunion show for Prog Power. We went through negotiations and agreed to do it... unfortunately Arch Enemy has Jeff under contract and would not give him permission to do one show. Apparently that would create an Arch Enemy vs Nevermore situation (Angela) whatever it's robbing fans of something special
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Loomis n'exclut pas une reformation à l'avenir...
Jeff Loomis says "it's quite possible" that he could one day reunite with NEVERMORE to record some new music.

Loomis and drummer Van Williams announced their departure from NEVERMORE in April 2011 due to personal differences with singer Warrel Dane and bassist Jim Sheppard. Three years later, the guitarist joined ARCH ENEMY, with whom he has been on the road ever since.

Asked in a new interview with Ultimate Guitar if fans will ever get to hear more material from NEVERMORE, Jeff said: "I only have good things to say about everybody in the band and Van Williams is one of my best friends.

"I still talk to Warrel sometimes. He's now doing SANCTUARY again, which is awesome.

"It was a really good eighteen years that we had — an amazing run. Unfortunately, things ended in a really bad, sour way.

"There was a lot of drinking going on in the band, and I think that was the final nail in the coffin as to why the band actually broke up.

"It wasn't a very good breakup at all. It was very difficult."

He continued: "When you spend eighteen years together with a bunch of dudes, it's kind of like a marriage in a way. When something like that breaks up, it's heartbreaking. It was a real bummer.

"Maybe one day, I would really like to be able to talk to Warrel again face to face and sit down and talk through all of our problems that we had and stuff like that.

"Time is a healer and life is short. So hopefully one of these days we will be able to sit down and talk out some of our differences, just as friends, even. That would be great.

"But at the moment, everybody is doing something else and that's great, bless them for whatever they want to do."

Loomis added: "I'm in ARCH ENEMY now, and I guess the chapter is closed for NEVERMORE for now and another chapter has opened up in my life.

"I'll never say no to anything — I'll always give something a shot. And if the timing is right, maybe one day we'll do a couple more songs or maybe an album even. Who knows? It's quite possible."

Dane told "The Jasta Show" last year that "rarely" talked to Jeff. But, he insisted, "we don't hate each other. We're not enemies. We're still friends — friends that rarely speak to each other, unfortunately."

The singer added that there has been no discussion of a NEVERMORE reunion, explaining: "[Jeff is] sober now. I tried to get the whole band sober fucking years ago, and it was pretty much, 'Fuck you! I'm gonna do whatever I wanna do.' Not from him. Not from Jeff. [It came] from someone else in the band. And had that worked, if I had been successful and got the whole band sober, we'd probably still be together right now. But, you know, everything happens for a reason. And the new shit that I'm working on, the new original stuff with my solo band, makes me realize how lucky I am to have worked with so many great musicians and made so many great songs."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jeff-l ... 1kiDGob.99
Répondre