Michael Sweet + George Lynch

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Si vous suivez un peu le hard US, vous connaissez sûrement tous ces gus qui ont décidé de monter un nouveau "supergroupe".
Guitarist/vocalist Michael Sweet of Christian hard rockers STRYPER spoke to Guitar International about his recently announced project with legendary guitarist George Lynch (T&N, DOKKEN, LYNCH MOB), bassist James Lomenzo (MEGADETH, WHITE LION, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY) and Brian Tichy (S.U.N., WHITESNAKE).

"It looks like we are going to go with the name SWEET LYNCH," he said. "We were debating that for a while and the label was pushing it for it. It was the brainchild of Serafino Perugino at Frontiers Records. He asked me to basically sing on this record and then I suggested producing it. I co-wrote the songs with George. I called Brian Tichy and James Lomenzo to put the band together. You'll start to hear about it in September with the first single and video. It's an incredible combination of classic '70s and '80s. You will hear some flavors of JOURNEY, BAD COMPANY, DOKKEN, VAN HALEN and STRYPER."

He added: "I love this CD. I'm super excited for people to hear this CD. I'm so proud of it.

"James and Brian are amazing musicians. They tore it up. The drums and bass are just as impressive as the guitars. Everybody really delivered… The musicianship level on this is top notch. It sounds as if we were all in the stuff playing together and we were not. Basically, George wrote some riffs about a minute to a minute and a half long. I wrote lyrics and melodies then arranged them. I cut and pasted them together in the studio. Then Brian and James came out and tracked the drums and bass, as well as some rhythm stuff. We then sent it to George to add the guitars."

Asked if there will be any live dates in support of the album, Sweet said: "We are one million percent sure there will be a tour."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/michae ... LWwWgT2.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

L'album est prévu pour début 2015.
Voici un tout petit extrait ici :

http://audio.chirbit.com/michaelhsweet_1406294226.mp3

Bon, ben c'est parti pour sonner comme du Stryper. :D :D :D :D
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

j'ai lu "audio.chibre" dans le lien... :euh:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est parti pour sonner pas mal du tout même, à suivre.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le premier extrait complet :

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Pantoufle
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Pantoufle »

Sur le papier ça a l' air terrible .. La voix superbe de Sweet, le "phrasé" caractéristique des solos de Lynch ... :up: :up:
mais après y a tellement de "supergroupes" qui font pchittt...

Sinon sur le dernier extrait " September " (sur le 11 septembre) ... au début j'ai cru à une reprise alambiquée de "Wasted Years" de la vierge en ferraille... :D
Dave Smallwood
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Dave Smallwood »

D'un point de vue tout à fait personnel et n'engageant que moi ...

WOW !!!

ça faisait longtemps que je n'avais pas entendu un truc qui me donnait envie à ce point d'en écouter plus.

j'adore !
Les fonctionnaires, c'est comme les livres dans une bibliothèque.
Plus c'est haut placé, moins ça sert !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un clip :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bien cool.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le titre 'Strength in Numbers' en écoute :

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/swe ... ates/46454

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Si la reformation de Dokken échoue, Goerge Lynch pourrait donner une suite à ce projet, sous la forme Sweet + Lynch + Jeff Pilson (Dokken).
Si vous n'avez rien compris à tous ses projets (celui-ci, T&N, Shadow Train, Lynch Mob), c'est normal, lui non plus :D
According to Lynch, if a full-blown DOKKEN reunion doesn't happen, he might record a new album with former DOKKEN bassist Jeff Pilson and STRYPER frontman Michael Sweet. He says: "[A collaboration with Pilson and Sweet has] been on the books for a while but it's just the logistics and the time constraints. Jeff is in FOREIGNER and very, very busy. Michael Sweet has a lot of things going on. And to make things more confusing is Michael and I did the SWEET & LYNCH record, which kind of precluded Jeff and I and Michael from doing a T&N record [the project featuring Lynch, Pilson and DOKKEN drummer Mick Brown], which is essentially the same thing, only without Jeff. [Laughs] There's only one degree of separation between those two bands. I'm even getting confused. [Laughs]"
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/george ... TiIOLfU.99
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Sans oublier KXM avec Doug Pinnick de King'sX et le batteur de Korn !
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La suite est prévue cette année.

En attendant, un clip non posté :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voici le deuxième album :
SWEET & LYNCH — the band featuring guitarist/vocalist Michael Sweet of STRYPER, legendary guitarist George Lynch (DOKKEN, LYNCH MOB), bassist James LoMenzo (MEGADETH, WHITE LION, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY) and drummer Brian Tichy (THE DEAD DAISIES, WHITESNAKE) — will release its sophomore album, "Unified", on November 10 via Frontiers Music Srl. The first single from the disc, "Promised Land", can now be streamed below.

Says Sweet: "George and I couldn't be more excited about this album! We've worked very hard to bring you the best of both worlds — a throwback of the chart-topping STRYPER/DOKKEN days yet with a modern production that fits right in with anything out there now in the rock world today.

"We couldn't be more proud than to be working with Brian Tichy and James LoMenzo again as they are the best rhythm section you'll ever hear.

"If you liked SWEET & LYNCH I, you're going to love 'Unified'."

"Unified" track listing:

01. Promised Land
02. Walk
03. Afterlife
04. Make Your Mark
05. Tried & True
06. Unified
07. Find Your Way
08. Heart Of Fire
09. Bridge Of Broken Lies
10. Better Man
11. Live To Die

Michael previously said that SWEET & LYNCH was formed when Frontiers president Serafino Perugino approached him "to sing and write for what [Serafino] was referring to as a 'supergroup' project — (one of the first) that Frontiers would be putting together and releasing. I was, of course, not only intrigued by the idea but also humbled that he would ask me! Jon Levin [DOKKEN] was suggested as the possible guitarist and I suggested to Serafino getting the man himself, Mr. Scary [George Lynch] involved. Serafino was, of course, excited about the idea. Frontiers has told me how happy they are with my production on the new STRYPER albums, so I immediately suggested producing as well. Serafino also agreed. I contacted George [as soon as possible] and he quickly agreed to be a part of this exciting project. It was decided that he and I would co-write everything together and that I would produce."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sweet- ... 26v9IXO.99

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Très différent du précédent, un peu sombre et bluesy :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sweet & Lynch, the musical union of vocalist/guitarist Michael Sweet (Stryper, Iconic) and guitarist George Lynch (Lynch Mob, The End Machine, ex-Dokken), have announced the long-awaited release of their third album, Heart & Sacrifice, on May 19.

The combination of Sweet’s powerful, high-octane vocals and Lynch’s immediately recognizable guitar heroics once again prove to be an unbeatable combination sure to please the hard rock faithful.

The first single from the album, "You'll Never Be Alone", is out today. Watch a lyric video below.

“I’m very pleased with the outcome of the new Sweet & Lynch album, Heart & Sacrifice. It’s diverse, complex and flows beautifully. Every song has something to say in its own unique way. George has always been one of my favorite players and it’s an honor to work with him again. It’s also an absolute pleasure working with Alessandro. We’re able to bring all our own contributions and contribute to create an amazing set of songs and I couldn’t be happier with the results. Get ready for Heart & Sacrifice!,” says Michael Sweet.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »