reformation de Watchtower

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bon ça fait deux ans qu'ils annoncent un nouvel album "bientôt", ça avance pas trop vite mais ça avance un peu quand même, d'après Ron Jarzombeck :
There has been a bit of movement on the WATCHTOWER front: Doug (Keyser; bassist) recorded a few songs and Jason (McMaster) scratch tracked vocals on a few. We'll be final tracking just a few songs in December.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Vous connaissez le nouveau projet de Ron Jarzombek?
Il y a de nombreux extraits sur cette page :

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... rch=Search

Le morceau complet :
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

3 ans et demi après mon post (qui a fait un joli bide :D), cette fois c'est fait, les ancêtres du "tech metal" ont sorti un nouvel album avec le line-up de Control and Resistance.
Pour l'instant seulement dispo sur Amazon.com.
"The Size of Matter", the first new offering from Austin, Texas technical metal godfathers WATCHTOWER since their seminal 1989 release "Control and Resistance", has been added to the Amazon.com download store and can be purchased at this location.

Engineered and mixed by Ron Jarzombek, with vocals mixed by Jon "Jonny Rod" Ciorciari and mastering done by Jacob Hansen (BLOTTED SCIENCE, VOLBEAT, DESTRUCTION), "The Size of Matter" features the "Control and Resistance" lineup consisting of Alan Tecchio (vocals), Ron Jarzombek (guitar), Doug Keyser (bass), and Rick Colaluca (drums).

"The Size of Matter", which is slated to appear on the band's forthcoming album "Mathematics", will be performed live for the first time when WATCHTOWER take the stage at the Keep It True festival in Lauda-Königshofen, Germany on April 23, the group's first European show since headlining the Headway festival in Holland in 2004.

"We actually had our first rehearsals in 20 years with Alan [Tecchio] over the weekend", revealed drummer Rick Colaluca. "Alan flew down from New Jersey so we could go over all the songs together rather than flying completely blind.

"We will have a full hour set at Keep It True and, yes, we are throwing in some wacky things that you'd expect from WATCHTOWER and baptize 'The Size of Matter'.

"It's been way too long since we had a new song to play.

"The online response to 'Matter' has been great so far so we're really looking forward to playing it live in front of a sold-out house."
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

je verrais ce que donne ces nouveaux morceaux sur scène, avant de me décider à le prendre ou pas.
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Metal Knight »

Même avis que metal militia, dans tout les cas je ne connais que Energetic Dissassembly que j'aime beaucoup !! :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Alan Tecchio (chant) quitte le groupe car Watchtower veulent tourner plus intensément et il ne sera pas assez disponible.
Austin, Texas technical metal godfathers WATCHTOWER have parted ways with vocalist Alan Tecchio.

Commented the band: "We know this announcement may come as a shock to many who've heard our new song, 'The Size of Matter', and saw us live with Alan in Germany last month. Alan did a great job on 'Matter' and we had a blast getting back together on stage so this isn't about the usual musical or personal differences.

"We want to wish Alan good luck in his future endeavors, including his upcoming Bang Your Head!!! show with HADES.

"We've had several discussions concerning the future of WATCHTOWER leading up to our Keep It True show and since then about what we would like to accomplish with our new album. One major aspect of that is playing live and being able to take advance of possible touring opportunities in order to maximize the potential we see in 'Mathematics'.

"We have always felt that the true strength of WATCHTOWER is that of live band rather than what've we done in the studio. And with record sales being what they are these days being able to tour and establishing a live presence becomes that much more important. Unfortunately, we all have our own economic realities to deal with and Alan simply could not give us the kind of commitment now that we know we will require in the foreseeable future in order to promote 'Mathematics' in a live capacity. So rather than putting out 'Mathematics' with a singer we know will not be able to tour with us, we've decided to end things now and look for someone new who is ready, willing, and able to go it all the way with the band.

"We are under no illusion that finding that voice for WATCHTOWER will be an easy task, especially if our last singer search back in the early '90s is anything to go by. But we are hopeful that with the help of the Internet we'll be able to cast a wider net and find that needle in a haystack this time.

"We are looking for someone who has a grasp of the mechanics of music, i.e. an understanding of time signature changes, a good sense of timing, can write melodies, and is willing to go a little nuts with us on stage. We'd prefer someone in Texas, though we understand the geography may require flexibility to get the right person.

"If you sound like a cross between Devin Townsend, Geddy Lee, Myles Kennedy, and Russell Allen and have the crazy stage personality of a Mike Patton — we want to hear from you! If you ARE Devin, Geddy, Myles or Russ — we want to hear from you!"

"If all that doesn't scare you off, please send samples of your work (links are preferred) and a brief outline of your musical background and experience to watchtowerTX@gmail.com.

"If we hear something that might be a good fit, we will get in touch with you and take things from there."
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

ben merde :(
Control and resiiiistaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance :bang:
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

:o :o :( :,(
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le groupe est sur le retour, 3 nouveaux sont sur le point d'être finalisés :
On episode #533 of the Talking Metal podcast, Mark welcomes Alan Tecchio and Ron Jarzombek (pictured above) from the classic prog-metal band Watchtower.

They reveal that the band is almost done working on three new songs and they hope to release them soon. They also discuss Watchtower’s history and
talk about their other bands and projects.
Alan sur FB :
Thanks guys. It will be 3 songs to start with and I am unsure how long it will take for more beyond that but 3 is a good start. They are tracked but need to be mixed and mastered. We are figuring out how to release them at the moment.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

:bang: :bang: :bang:
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Aaaaah, j'en parlais au KIT cette année, c'est une reformation qui était prévisible vu l'activité de Tecchio ces derniers temps, et même si il est difficile d'être entièrement optimiste en studio après autant de temps, j'espère bien quelques dates. :bave: :bow: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est le bordel depuis la "reformation", mais l'essentiel est qu'ils continuent :up:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Leur EP "Concepts Of Math: Book One" va sortir en CD/LP dans les prochains mois chez Prosthetic.

On y retrouvera The Size of Matter, 'M-Theory Overture, 'Arguments Against Design' et 'Technology Inaction et 'Mathematica Calculis' un nouveau titre de 10 minutes.

Des samples de 3 des titres sont disponibles :

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Hard! :bang: :bang: :bang: :amour:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

putain dix ans d'attente, j'espère que ça sera au niveau mais je suis confiant !
MDT
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par MDT »

Allez hop une tournée "big four" avec Coroner, Voivod et Mekong Delta en suivant :D
TrVe Guadeloupean Zouk Metal
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Tappage de bite sur le comptoir! :bave:

Enfin à mon avis faut plutôt compter se la frotter sur le crépis que de voir un truc pareil arriver. :D :,(
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

L'EP va sortir le 7 octobre aux formats CD/LP :
Prosthetic Records will be releasing legendary progressive metallers Watchtower's recent digital-only tracks on LP and CD. The four tracks will be combined with one brand new song, creating the Concepts Of Math: Book One EP, and will be released on limited edition vinyl and digipack CD on October 7th. A video trailer for the upcoming release can be found below.

Comments vocalist Alan Tecchio: "I am so stoked to be a part of this legendary jazz-metal-prog group once again! Right now we are close to finishing the tracking for the additional 10 minute song that we are adding to the other four tunes. This will complete the EP that Prosthetic plans to release later this year. I can tell you that the new song is especially super cool and has that classic Watchtower sound. I think the fans, both new and old, will have a deep appreciation for what is going to be available from us later this year."

Guitarist Ron Jarzombek further remarked on the partnership: "I'm psyched to be on the same label as my old friend Marty Friedman! Prosthetic has also been home to great bands like Gojira, Animals As Leaders, All That Remains, as well as my fellow Texans, Scale the Summit. It's nice to know we are in good company on this label. The music we'll release later this year picks up right where we left off with Control And Resistance."

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pas mal du tout ces extraits!

Un peu de promo :
Prosthetic Records will release legendary progressive metallers WATCHTOWER's recent digital-only tracks on LP and CD. The four tracks will be combined with one brand new song, creating the MCD "Concepts Of Math: Book One", and will be released on limited edition vinyl and CD on October 7.

A video trailer for "Concepts Of Math: Book One" is available below.

Comments WATCHTOWER vocalist Alan Tecchio: "I am so stoked to be a part of this legendary jazz-metal-prog group once again! Right now we are close to finishing the tracking for the additional ten-minute song that we are adding to the other four tunes. This will complete the EP that Prosthetic plans to release later this year. I can tell you that the new song is especially super cool and has that classic WATCHTOWER sound. I think the fans, both new and old, will have a deep appreciation for what is going to be available from us later this year."

WATCHTOWER guitarist Ron Jarzombek remarked on the partnership: "I'm psyched to be on the same label as my old friend Marty Friedman! Prosthetic has also been home to great bands like GOJIRA, ANIMALS AS LEADERS, ALL THAT REMAINS, as well as my fellow Texans SCALE THE SUMMIT. It's nice to know we are in good company on this label. The music we'll release later this year picks up right where we left off with 'Control And Resistance'."

WATCHTOWER was formed in 1982 in Austin, Texas and has been hailed as the first jazz inspired progressive metal band. They have released two full length albums to date: "Energetic Disassembly" in 1985 and 1989's "Control and Resistance", which is often hailed as the benchmark for progressive metal and has influenced a countless number of heavy, technical bands. "Control and Resistance" was inducted into Decibel magazine's Hall Of Fame in 2010.

Over the years the group has gone through lineup changes, break-ups and hiatuses, though the individual members have always kept themselves in the public eye. Jarzombek, through his SPASTIC INK and BLOTTED SCIENCE projects, has established himself as one of the most respected guitar players in the scene. Tecchio has fronted HADES and NON-FICTION, and sang for SEVEN WITCHES throughout the years. His vocal range and style is unrivaled. Drummer Rick Colaluca has been name checked consistently by the likes of Gene Hoglan and Mike Portnoy, among many other drummers. Bass player Doug Keyser has an impressive list of bands who've asked him to audition for them (METALLICA, being one) while still being cited as a major influence from a younger generation of four-string players.

"Concepts Of Math: Book One" features 2010's digital single, "The Size of Matter", along with three additional tracks the band surprised fans by releasing across digital platforms late last year. An epic new track, "Mathematica Calculis", rounds out the EP.

"Concepts Of Math: Book One" track listing:

01. M-Theory Overture
02. Arguments Against Design
03. Technology Inaction
04. The Size Of Matter
05. Mathematica Calculis

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/watcht ... IEcogPw.99
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bave: :amour:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La suite finira à arriver, mais à leur rythme (syncopé) :
Rumors of Watchtower's demise are, apparently, greatly exaggerated. After several years of fans wondering what had happened to Watchtower after the 2016 release of their most recent EP Concepts Of Math: Book One, drummer Rick Colaluca claimed back in July 2020 that the band had no plans to tour or finish their much-anticipated, but never-released third album Mathematics. In a recent intervew with Into The Pit: The Metal Channel, however, frontman Alan Tecchio seemed to confirm that Watchtower are still alive and well, and they have slowly but surely been working on another EP entitled Concepts Of Math: Book Two.

When asked if Mathematics, or at least new music from Watchtower, will ever see the light of day, Tecchio said: "Yeah, yeah, for sure, so like those guys – all three of them - live in Texas but they don't ever really jam together. You know, they're not like an active band, so I guess that makes it easy on me because I'm up here [in New Jersey] anyway. But we are...we have pretty much the material for the second part of that EP so, Book Two, Concepts Of Math: Book Two. I've got one song in particular that I'm still working on, but it's really, really, I mean it's Watchtower, right? So it's not like just riffing and jamming into a riff. It's like math homework, you know? For me, anyway, I'm not a musician and I don't think on the level that those guys think on in terms of time signatures and key changes, and just complex riffs. I need to ingrain that into my brain, and then kind of feel what the voice should be doing and I kind of do think that the voice in Watchtower is what brings a lot of listeners in that might not like that kind of technical stuff. You know, because I try to make the voice a little more...yeah, like easier on the ears so you can be more approachable to the listner. So it's a bit of a struggle with those guys because they want to quantize my vocals and make them like drums perfectly in sync with every single thing that's happening in the song at every single moment, and I don't sing like that. You know what I mean, I sing, I hold notes, and I can add some notes and stuff."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe a récupéré Jason McMaster au chant pour des concerts :
Progressive metal legends WATCHTOWER have reunited with singer Jason McMaster and will play an exclusive European show at the Keep It True Rising III festival on October 6, 2023 at Posthalle in Würzburg, Germany. This will mark WATCHTOWER's first concert with McMaster since the band's appearances at Germany's Bang Your Head!!! festival in 2000 and Holland's Headway Festival in 2004.

McMaster is joined in WATCHTOWER's current lineup by bassist Doug Keyser, guitarist Ron Jarzombek and drummer Ric Colaluca.

Jason confirmed his return to WATCHTOWER last month during an appearance on the "Decibel Geek" podcast. He said at the time (hear audio below): "I rehearsed with WATCHTOWER recently, and we're doing some festivals next year… So, you know, well, you know, maybe I let the cat out of the bag. But those are not confirmed. But we have been asked to play some festivals. It's possible that we are to do some shows soon. But we have rehearsed a couple of times.

"It's weird playing songs very sporadically," he continued. "Because I've done reunion things with WATCHTOWER before, but the last one was 20 years ago. The last sort of reunion thing we did, we went to Amsterdam, and played a festival over there. And we did a couple of warmup shows around Texas before we got on the plane, kind of thing. And that was in 2004. So, singing songs that you wrote 40 years ago? It's crazy to think about that… And have them be legit. Play them, like, 'Holy shit.' And have all of the guys look around each other in rehearsal as old men and go, 'This shit is fucking hard to play.' But that's why people like it."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et voici :

Répondre