Queensrÿche nouvel album de reprises : "Take Cover"

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Cloux
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par Cloux »

Source : http://www.myspace.com/queensryche

QUEENSRYCHE PAY HOMAGE TO THEIR IDOLS

WITH TAKE COVER

Adventurous 11-Song Collection of Covers Ranges From Black Sabbath to Broadway, Including the Band's Unique Take on Songs By U2, Queen, Pink Floyd, Buffalo Springfield, Peter Gabriel, The Police, The O'Jays, and More

Available From Rhino November 13

Queensrÿche pay tribute to some of their favorite songs with an adventurous collection of covers that range from Black Sabbath and The O'Jays to Italian opera and Broadway musical. Singer and chief songwriter Geoff Tate, guitarists Michael Wilton and Mike Stone, bassist Eddie Jackson, and drummer Scott Rockenfield put their stamp on 11 classic tracks with TAKE COVER. The album is available November 13 at regular physical retail outlets and at http://www.rhino.com for a suggested price of $13.98, with a digital version also available for the suggested price of $7.99. The album will also be released on 180-gram vinyl on November 20 for a suggested price of $13.98.

Not known for playing many covers live, Tate says the album gave the band a chance to relax and have some fun. "During sound checks, Stone and Michael like to play 'name that riff,' and sometimes the whole band joins in. That's really the way this album came together too. We got together and started playing songs to each other, and then we picked our favorites."

The eclectic list of songs reflects the members' divergent tastes and includes a few surprising selections such as "Heaven On Their Minds" from the hit musical Jesus Christ Superstar, the O'Jays R&B classic "For Love Of Money" and an operatic epic originally performed by the Italian duo of Carlo Marrale and Cheope, "Odissea." Recognized as an accomplished vocalist, Tate says he enjoyed the song's demanding arrangement. "I really like this song because there is a lot for a singer to sink his teeth into, plus I got a chance to sing in Italian, which was interesting considering I don't speak a word of it."

The set covers a lot of ground both lyrically and musically, opening with "Innuendo," Queen's epic song about life and death; "Almost Cut My Hair," Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young's paean to freedom; and the medieval metal of Black Sabbath's "Neon Knights." Starting September 5, Queensrÿche and Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio (touring as Heaven And Hell), will play a month of North American concerts. Says Tate, "Ronnie took us out on our first European tour and he's always been good to us. With the tour coming up, this seemed like a nice way to pay tribute to him. I hope he likes it, or I'm sure I'll hear about it every night of the tour."

TAKE COVER also features Queensrÿche's distinctive arrangement of Pink Floyd's "Welcome To The Machine," an acoustic version of Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth," and a highly charged live version of U2's "Bullet The Blue Sky." "We'll never top the originals; they're classics for a reason," Tate says. "We were more focused on finding different approaches that took the songs in unexpected directions."

Singing Peter Gabriel's "Red Rain" and the Police's "Synchronicity II,"
Tate says, were opportunities for him to explore music he'd previously overlooked. "I'd heard these songs on the radio before, but I didn't really appreciate them before the guys suggested we record them. It was a rewarding experience doing this album because it gave us all a chance to pay tribute to some of the bands that have meant so much to us over the years, and we all discovered new songs to love."

TAKE COVER
Track Listing
Original artist in parenthesis

1. "Innuendo" (Queen )
2. "Bullet The Blue Sky" -- Live (U2)
3. "Synchronicity II" (Police)
4. "For What It's Worth" (Buffalo Springfield)
5. "Welcome To The Machine" (Pink Floyd)
6. "Red Rain" (Peter Gabriel)
7. "Neon Knights" (Black Sabbath)
8. "Almost Cut My Hair" (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young)
9. "Heaven On Their Minds" (Jesus Christ Superstar)
10. "For The Love Of Money" (The O'Jays)
11. "Odissea" (Carlo Marrale & Cheope)

Mouais.....
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Re: Queensryche Nouvel Album - Take Cover

Message par Mout Mout »

Cloux a écrit :
1. "Innuendo" (Queen )

5. "Welcome To The Machine" (Pink Floyd)

9. "Heaven On Their Minds" (Jesus Christ Superstar)
Je serais curieux d'entendre ces 3 reprises.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tout pareil que toi, ils ont pris 3 superbes chansons :)

Sans oublier l'hommage à Black Sab et Dio de circonstance ;)

Bon après, c'est qu'un album de reprises, et j'ai l'impression que tout le monde le fait en ce moment (Rush, Def Lepp...).
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
KYLEN
Friend Of Alice Cooper
Friend Of Alice Cooper

Message par KYLEN »

Putain trop bon !!!!!!

Non mais oh !!! INNUENDO et Bullet the Blue SKy par QUEENSRYCHE !!! MAIS ça va être DE LA TUERIE !!!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

:champagne:

Sans même imaginer de les voir faire innuendo en live :wank:
ImageImage
Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

Kylen je t'aime :tata:

c'est exactement tout pareil que ça me fait dans mon petit caleçon.

Just a bemol, pour la cover de Sabbath, j'aurais bien aimé un titre un peu moins "téléphoné" que Neon Knights. Chaipas, genre Sign of the Southern Cross ou même Lonely is the World.

Bon, c'est juste pour faire ma chieuse, hein :D
Cacolac, pour la soif et pour le plaisir.
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Vous allez vous enfiler comme des légos au séminaire :D
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Je suis pas trop fan du concept album de reprises, mais je suis tout de même curieux d'entendre ça ! :rock:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
KYLEN
Friend Of Alice Cooper
Friend Of Alice Cooper

Message par KYLEN »

Talasquin a écrit :Kylen je t'aime :tata:
:bisou: :calin:

tu avais lu mon CR de queensryche à phénix ? :mmm:
ImageImage
Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

Voui :,(
KYLEN
Friend Of Alice Cooper
Friend Of Alice Cooper

Message par KYLEN »

oki ;)
ImageImage
Clo
Moinix
Moinix

Message par Clo »

:o il ne m'a rien lu du tout, faut pas pousser! On a partagé une tente mais de là à me lire un compte rendu de toi pour m'endormir...surtout qu'il voulait que je lui fasse des pates alors bon...passons :D :dehors:
KYLEN
Friend Of Alice Cooper
Friend Of Alice Cooper

Message par KYLEN »

heu ... PHOENIX ARIZONA !!!! :rock: :rock:
ImageImage
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

Fangface a écrit :et j'ai l'impression que tout le monde le fait en ce moment (Rush, Def Lepp...).
et Tesla ..... mais tout le monde s'en fout :,(
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
KYLEN
Friend Of Alice Cooper
Friend Of Alice Cooper

Message par KYLEN »

Les maison de disques doivent pousser, tout ceux qui on plus de 10 albums , 2 live et 3 best of, passent par la case reprise ; )
ImageImage
Metal Knight
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Metal Knight »

mais ça c'est une excellente plus qu'intéréssante !!! manquerais plus que des concerts en europe voir en france :D !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

01. Innuendo (QUEEN)
02. Bullet The Blue Sky - Live (U2)
03. Synchronicity II (THE POLICE)
04. For What It's Worth (BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD)
05. Welcome To The Machine (PINK FLOYD)
06. Red Rain (PETER GABRIEL)
07. Neon Knights (BLACK SABBATH)
08. Almost Cut My Hair (CROSBY, STILLS, NASH & YOUNG)
09. Heaven On Their Minds ("Jesus Christ Superstar")
10. For The Love Of Money (THE O'JAYS)
11. Odissea (CARLO MARRALE & CHEOPE)
Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

:beurk: la pochette.
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Ouh putain la pochette qui sent le gaz.... :dehors:

Je connais pas du tout les deux derniers groupes repris par contre. :help:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

Message par Ad Metal Eternam »

"Ma mère ?! Vous voulez dire que j’aurais un ticket avec ma mère ?! Oh, dur, c’est pas le pied !
- Encore ? Mais qu'est-ce que c’est que ces histoires de pieds ? Les pieds seraient-ils le point sensible des hommes du futur ? C’est peut-être dû à un accroissement de l'apesanteur...
- Quoi ???"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Vidéo live de leur reprise de "Welcome to the Machine" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-eiQdsZLEo
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Geoff Tate commente chacune des reprises :

* "Welcome To The Machine" - PINK FLOYD

"PINK FLOYD is one of the biggest influences on us as a band, and we all wanted to play one of their songs. This track meant a lot to all of us growing up. It really captures that feeling of shock at lost innocence when the curtain is pulled back and you realize what the world is really like. We didn't want to mess with the original, so we gave the song a totally different arrangement."

* "Heaven On Their Minds" – JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR

"Stone had been playing this to me since he joined the band and, coincidently and so had his predecessor Kelly Gray. I liked the song, but this was one of the rare cases where I thought we could improve on the original recording. Stone put together a really cool arrangement. I think people will be surprised by this song."

* "Almost Cut My Hair" - CROSBY, STILLS, NASH & YOUNG

"I thought this would be a great song for us to do. Musically, the guitar and vocal harmonies are amazing, and lyrically, it's right on the money. It was a lot of fun arranging this song."

* "For What It's Worth" - BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD

"When we're touring, a lot of radio morning shows invite us to the studio to talk about the tour and have us play a couple of songs on acoustic guitars. This is one of the songs we like to throw in every once in a while.”

* "For The Love Of Money" - THE O'JAYS

"This was one of the most challenging and enjoyable songs to record and another track that will probably catch people off guard. The vocal phrasing is impeccable and the whole song has such an irresistible groove."

* "Innuendo" – QUEEN

"Michael brought this song in and the idea about how we should approach it. I love QUEEN, but I didn't know much about this song. I found out later that this was one of the last songs Freddie Mercury recorded before he died. He sang it from a wheelchair like his life depended on it. It's such an impassioned performance. When I was in the studio recording, I pictured Freddie and tried to imagine what it must have been like for him to sing this song facing his own mortality. I could never hope to top it; I just wanted to pay tribute to his performance."

* "Neon Knights" - BLACK SABBATH

"Ronnie [James Dio] took us out on our first European tour and he's always been good to us. He's singing with BLACK SABBATH right now and we're going out on the road together again. With the tour coming up, this seemed like a nice way to pay tribute to him. I hope he likes it, or I'm sure I'll hear about it every night of the tour."

* "Synchronicity II" - THE POLICE

"This is another song I didn't know much about. Not sure how I missed it, because that album was everywhere. Our version has a great dark vibe that I really like."

* "Red Rain" - PETER GABRIEL

"This is another song I overlooked when it came out. One of the guys played it, and I knew immediately that we had to do it. The melody of this song is flawless. It could go on and on and never get old."

* "Odissea" - CARLO MARRALE & CHEOPE

"I really like this song because there is a lot for a singer to sink their teeth into, plus I got a chance to sing in Italian, which was interesting considering I don't speak a word of it."

* "Bullet The Blue Sky" - U2 (Live)

"This is one of the rare times that we played a cover live. I don't remember exactly when or where we played this, but I do remember that we were locked in. Everything came together just right musically, and I evidently had a lot on my mind that night because I wasn't shy with my social commentary."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

3 reprises sont écoutables sur cette e-card :

http://www.rhino.com/flashcards/queensr ... over.lasso

Celle des O'JAYS est surprenante, pas exceptionnelle mais pas vilaine.
La reprise de "Neon Knights" de BLACK SABBATH est moyenne, trop proche de l'originale, elle n'apporte absolument rien.

Par contre, leur "Welcome to the Machine" de PINK FLOYD est bien classe avec des arrangements différents. :up: :tenor:
Gh0sT
Lost & Damned
Lost & Damned

Message par Gh0sT »

Pantoufle
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Pantoufle »

Gh0sT a écrit :Ecoute intégrale :
http://artistdirect.com/nad/window/medi ... 84,00.html
:D
Merci pour ce lien :up: :up:

C'est nouveau ce truc/concept de " j' écoute-tout-un-album-en-entier-pour-voir-si-il-est-pas-mal" ???
En tout cas c'est gentil de nous tenir au courant , nous les bouseux des Pyrénées , on est un peu attardé ... :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

^ C'est récent mais pas si nouveau que ça, de plus en plus de groupes s'y mettent et je trouve ça intéressant comme moyen de contrecarrer le piratage et le téléchargement de masse sur les P2P.
Cela permet d'écouter et se faire une idée comme sur une borne en magasin, sans pour autant récupérer l'album sur son PC, et donc se décider d'investir ensuite ou non, légalement, sans léser l'artiste.

Concernant "Take Cover" je suis un peu déçu je dois dire, de ce que j'ai écouté. J'en attendais peut-être pas des miracles mais certaines reprises sont vraiment cheap et dénudées, genre "Innuendo" simplifiée à mort et qui perd son charme :(
Pour d'autres ça passe pas si mal, notamment quand le style d'origine est très différent de celui de Queensrÿche, mais globalement il y a à boire et à manger...

Par contre la reprise de Pink Floyd est superbe, de loin la réussite du CD :up:
Répondre