ReVamp, groupe de Floor Jansen (ex-After Forever, Nightwish)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il s'agit du nouveau groupe formé par l'ex-chanteuse de After Forever et l'ex-leader de Grip Inc, accompagnés de l'ancien claviériste de After Forever et Star One. Beaucoup de talent sur le papier, à suivre donc.

Ex-AFTER FOREVER vocalist Floor Jansen has returned with a new band, REVAMP, also featuring guitarist Waldemar Sorychta (GRIP INC., ENEMIES OF THE SUN) and keyboardist Joost van den Broek (ex-AFTER FOREVER, STAR ONE). Go to this location for the band's official website.

Following is the official ReVamp bio:

After the break of After Forever, singer Floor Jansen soon decided she wanted to start over and present a new band to the public as soon as possible. To accomplish this she joined forces with two additional songwriters to first compose, then record an album. A live band is soon to be formed after completion, which will get her back on stage where she belongs!

The first composer to join this new collaboration was soon found when Waldemar Sorychta contacted her to inquire about her current activities and potential future cooperation. Being a fan of Grip Inc. this idea of working with Waldemar was a big honor and a first step in creating a sound! Waldemar’s unique style combined with his experience as songwriter/producer made her dream come closer to reality.

The second composer was found in After Forever colleague Joost van den Broek. Asking Joost to join seemed logical because of his great keyboards and arrangements, and therefore his potentially valuable contribution. Despite his busy schedule, he wanted to join and get started immediately. With him on board the songwriting team was complete!

The ReVamp sound will become a unique blend of the personal style we will recognize from these musicians. Combining these individual sounds in one album promises to result in heavy and very metal!

Songs are currently being written and we will soon upload some short samples!"
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
schimansky
Powerslave
Powerslave

Re: ReVamp, groupe de Floor Jansen et Waldemar Sorychta

Message par schimansky »

J'ai trouvé un site :
http://www.revampmusic.com/
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

heavylaw a écrit :ReVamp, le nouveau projet de l'ex-After Forever Floor Jansen, vient de signer un contrat avec le label Nuclear Blast pour la sortie du premier album du groupe, le 4 Juin prochain.

Floor Jansen : “ I am happy to announce this good news! Nuclear Blast has done many great things for After Forever and I am positive they can work their magic on ‘ReVamp’ as well! It’s heartwarming how they stand behind me and my new band! ”

Line-up du groupe :
* Floor Jansen: composition, chant
* Joost van den Broek: composition, production, claviers, arrangements
* Waldemar Sorychta: composition, production, guitare et basse
* Koen Herfst: batterie (studio)
* Jaap Melman: basse (live)
* Ruben Wijga: claviers (live)
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Quelle surprise :D
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
wildflower
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par wildflower »

C'est une chanteuse de talent et j'attendais qu'elle fasse suite après After Forever
j'espère que reVamp (quel drôle de nom) va être un bon groupe, suis pas encore aller fureter
pour voir si c'est bien du métal et peut-être même du symphonique mais je le souhaite :) !
“Selon les statistiques, il y a une personne sur cinq qui est déséquilibrée.
S’il y a 4 personnes autour de toi et qu’elles te semblent normales, c’est pas bon.” JC VanDamme
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Vu la présence de Waldemar Sorychta ça risque d'être plus rentre-dedans et moins symphonique que After Forever, 'fin je dis ça mais c'est pas sûr car il y a quelques temps il avait aussi monté un groupe de metal gothique (Eyes of Eden). :D
wildflower
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par wildflower »

Par contre : Joost van den Broek anciennement clavériste d'After forever (comme ils le disent) reste,
Joost a joué et enregistré aux côtés de Vandenberg, groupe de hard (Adrian Vandenberg : Guitare, Claviers : ex-Whitesnake), mais aussi Il a aussi travaillé avec Arjen Lucassen (Ayreon), Stream Of Passion, il va composer pour ReVamp alors à voir :) ça peut être pas mal du tout !!!
S’il y a 4 personnes autour de toi et qu’elles te semblent normales, c’est pas bon.” JC VanDamme
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

:oops:
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
wildflower
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par wildflower »

ouais drôle de nom mais Floor Jansen est un peu + jolie que ça tout de même :beurk:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voici un premier extrait :

wildflower
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par wildflower »

C'est très à l'image d'After forever je trouve mais j'aime moyen cette chanson
Toxic Narciss
Rainbow Demon
Rainbow Demon

Message par Toxic Narciss »

2 secondes et je trouve ça déjà chiant. vu le nom et la pochette je m'attendais à un truc plus neuf un peu moins sympho...faut voir tout le reste de l'album mais je suis moyennement emballée ... dommage j'adore sa voix.
wildflower
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par wildflower »

assez d'accord avec toi :oui:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pareil, pas trop convaincu là. Sans être fan d'After Forever j'aime la voix très puissante de Floor et je m'attendais à un peu plus ambitieux que ça au vu des autres musiciens impliqués.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Parmi les invités : Russell Allen.
Russell Allen, lead vocalist for the progressive power metal band SYMPHONY X, makes a guest appearance on the debut album by REVAMP, former AFTER FOREVER singer Floor Jansen’s new band. ReVamp's self-titled new album will be released in North America on July 27th.

States Allen: “I first met Floor on the Star One tour. I was immediately enchanted by her voice and her presence. I knew she was going to be successful in music if she desired to be and she has been… and continues to be. Floor asked me to sing the male lead on ‘Sweet Curse’. I heard the song and loved it. The substance of the lyrics are reflected in the music and that is what moved me to perform the song, which speaks to me of lost love but a love that has never died. I recorded my vocal tracks in my home studio and added a few twists here and there, but the origins of my parts are Floor’s. She is a talented writer and performer and this song was great for us to do together. I wish all the best for her and ReVamp.”

States Jansen on the collaboration: “ReVamp is heavier and more diverse than After Forever. Less orchestral, more riff-based. More vocal variety, from raw screams to opera, back to soft and light, off to rock or musical-like singing. Diversity is very important to me. I use my voice in as many ways as possible, but it’s still my voice. To combine my voice with others keeps the sound for interesting. Russell Allen brings power and emotion to the song ‘Sweet Curse’. Our voices together sound great, as we already knew from the past. This song became a great duet!”

Also performing guest vocals on ReVamp is Björn “Speed” Strid from SOILWORK and George Oosthoek from ORPHANAGE & PLEURISY.

The track listing for ReVamp is:

'Here's My Hell' – featuring George Oosthoek from Orphanage & Pleurisy
'Head Up High'
'Sweet Curse' - featuring Russell Allen from Symphony X
'Million'
'In Sickness ‘Till Death Do Us Part: All Goodbyes Are Said'
'Break'
'In Sickness ‘Till Death Do Us Part: Disdain' - featuring Björn “Speed” Strid from Soilwork
'In Sickness ‘Till Death Do Us Part: Disgraced'
'Fast Forward'
'Kill Me With Silence'
'The Trial Of Monsters'
'Under My Skin'
'I Lost Myself'

Bonus Track:
'No Honey For The Damned'
wildflower
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par wildflower »

Tiens tiens ..pas mal peut-être que ce sera un bon album les extraits en disent parfois trop peu.. ;) !!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Alors des vidéos live pour toi (étonnants les vocaux extrêmes :euh: ) :

wildflower
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par wildflower »

Merci Everflow :cheers: j'aime pas trop justement la voix bizaroïde semi death qu'elle prend pas vraiment d'intérêt ! :(
mais la pèche elle l'a :)
Fonz
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Fonz »

Je ne pouvais pas ne pas discuter le bout de gras sur un topic ou l'on parle de MA chanteuse préférée... :D
AFTER FOREVER était pour moi le meilleur combo de heavy metal symphonico-lyrico etc etc... quand ils ont splité... bref j'étais très déçu car pour moi il y avait tout dans ce groupe... mais ca j'en ai parlé des lignes et des lignes dans le temps déjà ici sur le forum...

J'ai découvert avec grand plaisir REVAMP cette année au GRASPOP, donc en live, apres avoir juste entendu le sampler de l'album.
Et bien, je n'ai pas été déçu... grosse énergie, belle précision, entrainant, technique et puissance (moins que dans AFTER FOREVER certes) et Floor... toujours aussi égale a elle-même : chant parfait ciselé aux millimètre et chrystalin a souhait quand il le faut. Le son était parfait et l'harmonie terrible... j'en ai eu des frisson alors que j'étais aussi tres sceptique...
Bref... je suis très heureux de voir que Floor est présente et reste pour moi une figure emblématique de ce genre de chanteuses.
NASHVILLE PUSSY, Jack Daniels and Gibson !
[color=red]Chacal[/color] a écrit :Putain que j'aimerais être un trve comme toi Fonz :,(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voici le deuxième :
Former AFTER FOREVER frontwoman and current NIGHTWISH touring singer Floor Jansen will release the second album from her REVAMP project, "Wild Card", in Europe on August 23 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded at SandLane Studio in Rijen, The Netherlands with Joost van den Broek (ex-AFTER FOREVER) and will feature guest choir parts by Marcela Bovio (STREAM OF PASSION) and Daniël de Jongh (TEXTURES).

Regarding the album title, Jansen states: "This album became the most aggressive album I've ever made and in the lyrics I tell a lot about my personal experiences of the last years. This resulted into some heavy stories and some open-hearted 'screams' I needed out of my system. It matches the violence of the music in a great way; we wrote as a great team! But not one sentence or word can really cover the contents of this album. Its variety in all its ingredients makes it almost impossible.

"A wild card is an unpredictable and unforeseeable factor. You don't know what you're getting, or when. That's this album! It's 100% REVAMP and it's your wild card!"

The "Wild Card" cover artwork was created by Richard Stark of NI Concept And Design. Jansen explains: "I am the queen of hearts on it, who is a wild card herself. You see a 'nice' and a 'nasty' queen. The nasty one has a cracked lip, cuts in her face and a bleeding heart in her hand. The other queen looks nice even though queens of hearts never truly are...

"Again, what is it you're going to get? In that respect it visualizes the music, from aggressive and nasty to melodic and pretty. This theme has been important to me personally throughout my career and also in this album I played with it to the max. I used my voice in so many different ways now! The music invited me to do this.

"I am super proud of the amazing guitar riffs, the versatile and groovy but mega tight drums and the keyboard sounds and arrangements that bring something new to the table.

"We hope you like our wild card!"

The first trailer for the "Wild Card", including video footage from the studio and a brand new song snippet, can be seen below.

REVAMP recently announced the addition of bassist Henk Vonk to the group's ranks. He replaces Jaap Melman, who left REVAMP before the band entered the studio to begin recording its second album. The CD was eventually completed with the help of STREAM OF PASSION bassist Johan van Stratum, who filled in on short notice and "did an amazing job to record and edit the bass parts," according to a press release.

Floor previously stated about the making of "Wild Card": "Never before in my career I faced a situation like the one we were in with this album. It was a huge challenge because of several reasons. My sickness caused a major break between the first album and tours, plus the writing of the first ideas for the second album and the actual finalization of those songs and the album. And right at the moment we started to pick everything back up after I was sick, I joined NIGHTWISH. Like a winter and a summer storm, they bring unexpected things, some nasty ones and some amazingly wonderful!

"Also the recording of this album was unlike any I did before because I was on tour with NIGHTWISH most of the time. Guided by Joost van den Broek, the talented musicians of REVAMP recorded all the instruments, and when I came back to The Netherlands, I stepped into the studio to find a rough diamond. A shiny dark crystal: ready for my vocals. That was magical! The singing went smoother than ever before. The lyrics are like a roadmap through our storms and through my personal detours and horrors.

"With pride we can announce our partner in crime from the first album will again join forces with us! Metal and rock giant Nuclear Blast will again make sure REVAMP's new album reaches YOUR music collection wherever you are on this metal-loving planet!!!

"Nuclear Blast knows about storms and their metal heart beats like ours. I am very exited they will release this album! The team is so good and with such great people I have no doubts our cooperation will again be fantastic."

Video footage of REVAMP performing a brand new song, entitled "Sins", in January 2012 at Metropool in Hengelo, The Netherlands can be seen below.

REVAMP's self-titled debut album was released in Europe on May 28, 2010 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Jansen made her live debut as the frontwoman of NIGHTWISH on October 1, 2012 at Showbox Sodo in Seattle, Washington.

Jansen handled lead-vocal duties on NIGHTWISH's recent North American, South American, Australian and U.K. tours after the group parted ways with Anette Olzon at the end of September 2012.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Floor a annoncé que le groupe était désormais en hiatus, suite à son implication dans Nightwish.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe a finalement splitté pour de bon.
REVAMP — the Dutch band led by former AFTER FOREVER frontwoman and current NIGHTWISH singer Floor Jansen — has officially called it quits.

The group says in a statement: "After two great albums, it is unfortunately not possible for the founding front lady Floor Jansen to have a band next to NIGHTWISH. Projects perhaps, but a band deserves a 100% devotion, which is impossible to deliver to two bands at the same time."

Adds Floor: "I am proud of the two albums we made together! REVAMP has such talented and great musicians that I wouldn't want them to wait any longer for me to find the time and the passion it needs to make another album. I also don't want to give fans false hope.

"REVAMP lived a short and bumpy but exciting life, but now it's time for new bands and projects to start. I thank everyone involved for the love and dedication!"

REVAMP's second album, "Wild Card", was released in August 2013 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded at SandLane Studio in Rijen, The Netherlands with Joost van den Broek (ex-AFTER FOREVER) and features guest choir parts by Marcela Bovio (STREAM OF PASSION) and Daniël de Jongh (TEXTURES).

Jansen told About.com Heavy Metal about the songwriting process for "Wild Card": "When AFTER FOREVER stopped, I didn't want to first find a band, then see if I could write with them, figure that whole thing out, then record an album. Instead I worked with people I knew would be good songwriters out of an idea how I thought it would sound like. So I worked with a German guitar player (Waldemar Sorychta) and Joost van den Broek from AFTER FOREVER. We wrote the album and played on it and hired a drummer. That's basically how it was done. Then I formed a band with the current lineup. The ambition was to continue as a band and start writing. The cool thing is that it worked. Mainly the guitarist Jord (Otto), keyboardist Ruben (Wijga) and myself came up with all the ideas. Joost became the supervisor of the whole songwriting process and producer of the album."

Jansen revealed earlier in the month that she is four months pregnant. The singer, whose partner is SABATON drummer Hannes Van Dahl, is expected to welcome her first child next year while NIGHTWISH is off the road for the band's previously announced year-long break.

REVAMP guitarist Jord Otto and bassist Henk Vonk are about to release an album with THE BLACKEST GREY. Jord is also working on an album with MY PROPANE. Meanwhile, REVAMP keyboardist Ruben Wijga is composing and working on different projects.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/nightw ... VlvFqF4.99
En souvenir :

Répondre