Black Country Communion : Hughes + Bonham + Bonamassa

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Glenn Hughes vient de monter un nouveau projet avec Jason Bonham, accompagnés par Joe Bonamassa à la guitare.

Kevin Shirley sera leur producteur, pour rester dans les noms connus.

A suivre donc!
Drummer Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN) has joined forces with legendary bassist/vocalist Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) and guitarist Joe Bonamassa in a brand new project tentatively dubbed BLACK COUNTRY.

"I just literally went into the studio last week for two days with one person I'd done an album with before, very quickly, and then the other was a friend of my father's I got to meet later on, Joe Bonamassa and Glenn Hughes, and we're working on a new project with a working title of BLACK COUNTRY," Bonham tells Spinner.com. "We just went in with [producer] Kevin Shirley [LED ZEPPELIN, JOURNEY, IRON MAIDEN, DREAM THEATER] and played riffs and just jammed for two days. And that's really exciting."

Bonham tells Spinner.com that the new group, which takes its name from the industrial area in England that he and Hughes come from, is in fact a band. "We're actually recording an album, literally in that process of jamming it out and editing and putting together and going, 'Yeah, that's really cool,'" he says.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

A voir ce que ça peut donner, j'aimerais bien que ce soit un peu plus hard que les derniers albums solos de Hugues... (en particulier le dernier qui est vraiment très très soft...).
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ah ben voilà le claviériste : Derek Sherinian, l'ex-Dream Theater, Malmsteen et Alice Cooper.

Joli line-up sur le papier, Kevin Shirley est très enthousiaste :
Drummer Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN) has joined forces with legendary bassist/vocalist Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH), keyboardist Derek Sherinian (ALICE COOPER, DREAM THEATER, KISS, BILLY IDOL) and guitarist Joe Bonamassa in a brand new project tentatively dubbed BLACK COUNTRY. The group is currently recording its debut album with producer Kevin Shirley (LED ZEPPELIN, JOURNEY, IRON MAIDEN, DREAM THEATER) for a tentative late 2010 release.

Commented Shirley: "So there it is folks — the cat is out the bag! This is BLACK COUNTRY.

"I am producing the debut album and we already have six tracks cut.

"We're going to do the next session in March when I'm through with my current project, and I hope to finish in early April.

"The band is Jason Bonham on drums, Derek Sherinian on keyboards, Glenn Hughes on bass and vocals and Joe Bonamassa on guitar and vocals. The songs are all original and what a lineup! They are all the very best players in the world, for my money!

"Jason Bonham is a totally unique drummer and a supreme, yet oh-so-tasty powerhouse. Derek Sherinian is super-versatile, and is playing mostly overdriven Hammond organ in this ensemble and is the color on the palette. Glenn Hughes plays bass and sings with a range VERY, VERY few can even get close to, and Joe Bonamassa, perhaps the best blues guitarist around, plays hard riffing guitar as well as adding his signature vocals alongside Glenn.

"You'll just have to wait — we're planning to get this out late summer, and it's promising to be phenomenal!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le communiqué officiel, maintenant va falloir que ça rocks :)
Vu la description ça devrait être plus pêchu que les 2 derniers albums solo de Hughes.
A new supergroup has been formed with Jason Bonham, Glenn Hughes, Joe Bonamassa and Derek Sherinian. They are calling themselves BLACK COUNTRY, taking their name from the industrial area in England from which Bonham and Hughes both hail. The band is currently in the studio with producer Kevin Shirley (BLACK CROWES, AEROSMITH, LED ZEPPELIN) cutting tracks for an upcoming album to be released in late 2010 or early 2011.

With Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN, FOREIGNER) on drums, Sherinian (DREAM THEATER, BILLY IDOL, ALICE COOPER) on keyboards, Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, TRAPEZE) on bass and vocals and Bonamassa on guitar and vocals, the band already has six tracks cut. The next recording session will take place in March and the band hopes to finish recording in early April. Shirley made the announcement on his web site: "So there it is folks — the cat is out the bag! This is BLACK COUNTRY. The songs are all original and what a lineup. They are all the very best players in the world, for my money!"

Shirley added, "Jason Bonham is a totally unique drummer and a supreme, yet oh-so-tasty powerhouse. Derek Sherinian is super versatile, and is playing mostly overdriven Hammond organ in this ensemble and is the color on the palette. Glenn Hughes plays bass and sings with a range very, very few can even get close to, and Joe Bonamassa, perhaps the best blues rock guitarist around, plays hard riffing guitar as well as adding his signature vocals alongside Glenn. You'll just have to wait — we're planning to get this out late summer, and it's promising to be phenomenal!"

Recently named "The Blues Rock Titan" by Guitar World magazine, Bonamassa's new solo album, "Black Rock", will be arriving March 23, 2010. Produced by Shirley, who has produced Bonamassa's last six solo albums, it will be released on Bonamassa's own J&R Adventures label.
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

Ah ben j'suis bien curieux d'entendre ce que ça peut donner tout ca! :)
Big Henry
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Big Henry »

Les albums de Bonamassa sont vraiment excellents, bien meilleurs que les derniers Hugues. Je n'ai pas suivi qui est le principal compositeur mais un album de Bonamassa avec Glenn au chant, pour moi, ça serait le top du top.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Encore un peu de hype, par Glenn lui-même qui s'enflamme :
In an exclusive interview with Dave Lewis for the forthcoming Tight But Loose magazine, legendary vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) revealed the future plans for BLACK COUNTRY, the new group featuring Glenn alongside Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN, FOREIGNER) on drums, Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER, BILLY IDOL, ALICE COOPER) on keyboards, and Joe Bonamassa on guitar.

"This is the real deal, a big rock statement and the right thing to do at the right time," said Glenn.

"We have recorded six songs and reconvene in March to work on another seven.

"We've worked really hard on this, changing arrangements, working on lyrics; we've really gone to boot camp with it.

"The album should be ready for release in September. We are looking to play some showcase gigs to announce the band around that time and then head out on a full tour next year."

"You might think with Joe involved it's going to be a bluesy record, and while there are elements of that, it's developed into a classic modern rock album. There's a real groove to it all, but with a Bonham involved, that's to be expected!

"Jason's drumming is amazing. He really feels the music and knows exactly what's going on in the songs. This is his best playing on an album ever, in my view. It's an honor to be in a band with him. His father helped me so much in my early days in TRAPEZE and was a real mentor to me. He really championed my music. It's amazing to think back and remember being at John's house and seeing him tutoring Jason when he was really young and now I'm playing in a band with him."

Talking about recording the debut BLACK COUNTRY album, Glenn recalled the sheer buzz of performing in this lineup.

"I remember we were recording the second track, 'One Last Soul', on January 3; it was a Sunday. We were doing it all live and I had this overwhelming feeling that this is the way it should be now. This is what I'm supposed to be doing.

"I'm back in a band and I feel totally rejuvenated. I need, for my own sake, to be involved in this. I love the variety we have and there's a real focus that allows us to grow musically. It's a real 'black country'-sounding album, too. Kevin Shirley's production is typical of his style; there’s a rawness and lots of live solos and not a lot of overdubs. There's a light and shade there, too, but as I said, it's also a very gutsy vocal record.

"This is me singing rock again and I'm loving it

"I think Jason and I were destined to play together and there's no finer Hammond organ player than Derek. As for Joe, well, we already know he is the new top guy and he's going to continually bowl people over.

"As a live band, this is going to be pretty unstoppable."
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Bonamassa est un grand fan de Jimmy Page (un peu trop parfois d'ailleurs ! :lol: ), donc vu le line-up, je pense que ça peut bien le faire ! :rock: :rock:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un mini avant-goût du futur groupe avec Hughes et Bonamassa qui reprennent ensemble "Medusa" de Trapeze.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils vont devoir changer de nom (déjà pris), mais voilà en attendant 2 morceaux pour leur première brève apparition en live, un nouveau titre plutôt hard rock avec un bon solo et une version de "Mistreated" où Hughes se lâche et en met de partout :rock:
En espérant que ça soit à la hauteur sur album, car rien que là ça transpire le talent de partout.

Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

ça peut bien le faire ce petit groupe ! ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Ah le nouveau titre est vraiment pas mal ! mais quelle voix ce Glenn...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe est menacé de ne pas aller plus loin, à cause des managers des différents musiciens qui se frittent pour une question de pognon... :hum: :nul:

C'est Kevin Shirley qui le révèle :
It looks like the future of the band formerly known as Black Country is under one big question mark. Producer Kevin Shirley reports on his Facebook page:

I’m the studio with Journey - producing their next album. Despite not rushing, we already have two new tunes in the can! They are a really special band. Black Country looks to have imploded, with a completed album in the can! We set out as friends and lovers of music, to make something special. Then the managers got involved… and kept changing their wants, ultimately demanding EVERYTHING! I can’t absolve all the musicians - but one I can completely absolve, is the one who actually has a career and has just been voted Best Guitarist in the World - who was 100% open ALL the way. And he doesn’t ride on anyone’s coattails… see below. Maybe they’ll come to their senses…. I’m not holding my breath.

He quickly followed with an update:

OK - I have been urged to amend this - like everything on the internet, things get twisted! I believe there is a salvage operation to rescue survivors from the downed BC plane. I have just had a big conversation with Glenn, who is mortified about the situation, as he has really put his heart and soul into it. I love Glenn. Here’s the salvage plan … See Moreguys - everyone is equal. It’s that easy. Cut out the cancer that is anyone greedy, and this thing will rock. Morality rules….. managers try to. I am mad too!!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Finalement le problème des managers a été réglé, et voici la réclame officielle. Le groupe s'appellera Black Country Communion.
Bonamassa chante sur 2 titres, et en duo avec Hughes sur 2 autres. A noter une nouvelle version de "Medusa" (Trapeze, premier groupe pro de Hughes dans les 70's) :rock:
Black Country Communion the Anglo/American rock supergroup featuring vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple Black Sabbath, Trapeze), drummer Jason Bonham (Led Zeppelin), Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater) and blues rock guitarist Joe Bonamassa, today confirmed the track listing and release date of their debut album “Black Country“.

Released by Mascot Records in the UK and the rest of Europe on Monday September 20th, followed by a North American release through J&R Adventures on Tuesday September 21st, the album was produced and mixed by Kevin Shirley (Black Crowes, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin), and mastered by the legendary Bob Ludwig.

All songs are sung by Glenn Hughes, with the exception of Song Of Yesterday and The Revolution In Me which are both sung by Joe Bonamassa. Hughes and Bonamassa share lead vocals on Sista Jane and Too Late For The Sun. Also included is a new version of Medusa, the rock classic Hughes originally recorded with his first band Trapeze.

Album Track Listing:

1. Black Country
2. One Last Soul
3. The Great Divide
4. Down Again
5. Beggarman
6. Song Of Yesterday
7. No Time
8. Medusa
9. The Revolution In Me
10. Stand (At The Burning Tree)
11. Sista Jane
12. Too Late For The Sun
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

Je me laisserais sûrement tenter... ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

L'album sortira en 3 formats, dont une édition limitée CD/DVD :
** Format #1 - Limited-Edition 2-Disc CD/DVD

Featuring the 12 album tracks on CD, complete with an additional DVD jam-packed with band member interviews, exclusive studio and live images, Kevin Shirley's album production notes, "The Great Divide" music video, behind-the-scenes in-studio footage, plus live tracks as performed by BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION at Riverside, California.

** Format #2 - Single-Disc CD

Regular 1 disc CD edition

** Format #3 - Vinyl

Double-sided 12" vinyl album edition

The limited-edition two-disc CD/DVD is available for pre-order now at Play.com, while all three formats are available to pre-order from Amazon.co.uk and HMV.com.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe en studio, ça s'écoute mais j'attends de voir le reste :

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

quel line-up de folie !!! Les titres écoutés sont excellents. Vivement l'album.
Big Henry
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Big Henry »

Mouais, petite déception quand même que cet album.
On sent clairement que c'est plus un album de Hughes que de Bonamassa. Y a vraiment des morceaux (surtout au début) qui ressemblent à des chutes récentes de Hughes en un peu moins groovy. Du coup, l'album est un peu du même calibre que les albums sortis par Hughes dans les années 2000, c'est à dire de la bonne zik mais qu'on a oublié 6 mois après alors que les skeuds de Bonamassa sont vraiment excellents.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Arf, c'est pas si rock que ça finalement alors?
Pour moi le dernier Hughes vraiment cool était Soul Mover, même si le taux de remplissage avait commencé à augmenter. J'espère juste que BCC est plus rock 'n roll que les 2 derniers.
Big Henry
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Big Henry »

Si, c'est quand même nettement plus rock (et franchement meilleur) qu'un album comme Soul Mover (ne parlons même pas de Music for the divine), c'est pour ça que je disais que ça ressemblait pas mal à du Hughes mais en moins groovy (comment ça je suis pas clair :mad: ). C'est juste que, contrairement à ce que j'espérais, ça tire dans l'ensemble plus du côté de Hughes que de Bonamassa (les trois premiers morceaux sont vraiment un peu trop typés "album solo de Hughes").

Après c'est globalement plus sombre et plus lourd que ce que fait Hughes en solo (voir notamment Down Again, Beggarman et The Revolution In Me sur lequel Bonamassa chante). Je pense que tu devrais aimer.
C'est un bon album mais c'est pas l'album qui fracasse tout alors que, moi, c'est ce que j'attendrais.
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

Ben moi j'ai écouté ça vite fait à la Fnac et ça m'a bien accroché l'oreille et vais le mettre sur la liste de mes prochains achats... mais en même temps de Hugues en solo je connais rien à part des lives donc je ne peux rien comparer..
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Big Henry a écrit :Si, c'est quand même nettement plus rock (et franchement meilleur) qu'un album comme Soul Mover (ne parlons même pas de Music for the divine), c'est pour ça que je disais que ça ressemblait pas mal à du Hughes mais en moins groovy (comment ça je suis pas clair :mad: ). C'est juste que, contrairement à ce que j'espérais, ça tire dans l'ensemble plus du côté de Hughes que de Bonamassa (les trois premiers morceaux sont vraiment un peu trop typés "album solo de Hughes").

Après c'est globalement plus sombre et plus lourd que ce que fait Hughes en solo (voir notamment Down Again, Beggarman et The Revolution In Me sur lequel Bonamassa chante). Je pense que tu devrais aimer.
C'est un bon album mais c'est pas l'album qui fracasse tout alors que, moi, c'est ce que j'attendrais.
OK merci de ton avis. ;)
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

bon vu les infos donnés par Big Henry ça devrait me plaire, c'est vrai que les derniers Hugues sont loin d'être transcendant, à part Soul Mover qui est effectivement un poil au dessus des dernières sorties, donc si c'est supposé meilleur ça me va !!
Répondre