Documentaire sur Rush (par les réalisateurs de Flight 666)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le désormais "célèbre" Sam Dunn (Voyage au Cœur de la Bête, Iron Maiden Flight 666, etc.) dévoile son nouveau film : un documentaire sur les illustres Rush!
Il est terminé et sera projeté au mois d'avril aux USA.
"Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage" is the title of the long-awaited RUSH documentary produced by Scot McFadyen and Sam Dunn of Toronto, Ontario, Canada's Banger Films Inc. which will receive a red-carpet premier at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City on Saturday, April 24. All three members of RUSH — singer/bassist Geddy Lee, guitarist Alex Lifeson and drummer Neil Peart — will be on hand for the event.

For more information, go to this location.

Dunn and McFadyen were interviewed last year by Classic Rock magazine's Jerry Ewing about the first-ever feature film documentary on Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart.

"Geddy had been in [Dunn and McFadyen's previous documentary] 'Metal: A Headbanger's Journey' and we were thinking about other bands we could work with," explained McFadyen. "We felt that RUSH had always been overlooked by the critics so we met them on tour and they liked what we said. We started working on it, then IRON MAIDEN came about so we took a break to do that and raised the financing for the RUSH film. We've started on it now and done a load of interviews so now we're editing with a load of archival footage."

"We've been lucky. Not only have we had access to [RUSH management] SRO's archives but also Geddy, Alex and Neil's own personal archives," enthuses director Dunn. "I was just at Geddy's house this week. Going through his personal collection of memorabilia. I dug up some gems I don't think RUSH fans have ever seen so we're hoping to offer something new."

As RUSH fans themselves, Dunn admitted this made him feel like a kid let loose in a candy store.

"Well, Geddy's definitely the premier band archivist," Dunn said. "He has a massive collection of photographs and clippings. We even got our hands on Neil's handwritten lyric sheets from back when they were making 'Fly By Night', '2112' and 'A Farewell To Kings', and I don't think they've ever been seen before."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

Forcement une bonne initiative! :up: :rock:
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

et on va encore devoir attendre un an avant de pouvoir le voir! :(
Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

Classe!!!!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pendant ce temps, Rush viennent d'entrer au Hall of Fame des compositeurs canadiens :
Canuck hard rock legends RUSH are being entered into the Canadian Songwriters Hall Of Fame tonight (Sunday, March 28th), at a gala being held at the Toronto Centre For the Arts. The five Rush songs entering the Hall Of Fame are 'Tom Sawyer', 'The Spirit Of Radio', 'Limelight', 'Closer To The Heart' and 'Subdivisions'. As part of the induction, bands influenced by Rush will be performing renditions of their hits. ALEXISONFIRE will be taking on 'Tom Sawyer', PRIMUS frontman Les Claypool and his band will be playing 'The Spirit Of Radio', and JACOB MOON will be performing 'Subdivisions'.

Frontman Geddy Lee spoke with Greg Quill from Thestar.com about the band's material.

“Anytime your country honours you is important, it’s huge,” said Lee, adding that he feels he and his bandmates have often been overlooked as songwriters.

“Not that winning awards is something we think about or discuss. We just try to keep moving forward ... it’s not very often we get a chance to look back at what we’ve created.

It’s humbling, frankly, to be joining a group that includes JONI MITCHELL, LEONARD COHEN, GORDON LIGHTFOOT and so many other great songwriters.”

Among the vast Rush repertoire, enduring fan favourites 'Subdivisions' and 'The Spirit of Radio' are closer to his heart, Lee said.

“I’m not sure it was intended, but they seem to have a particularly Canadian perspective. `Subdivisions’ tells a story that could happen in the suburbs of any big North American city, but it has stood the test of time with home audiences because there’s some truth in the song they recognize. The content and the context ring true.

“The same goes for `The Spirit of Radio.’ That’s a story Torontonians know ... about the freedom radio used to provide, before it all became pre-formatted, and the freedom was taken away.”
Talasquin
Léguman
Léguman

Message par Talasquin »

Très très bien :rock:

Flo, il manque juste un '6' dans ton titre.

Et aussi accessoirement dans le copié/collé de ton premier post :D

:cheers:
Cacolac, pour la soif et pour le plaisir.
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

Y a Route 66 aussi...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Talasquin a écrit :Très très bien :rock:
Flo, il manque juste un '6' dans ton titre.
Et aussi accessoirement dans le copié/collé de ton premier post :D
:cheers:
C'était pour voir si vous suiviez. :D :cheers:

Je ne l'ai toujours pas vu d'ailleurs, mais il est en promo en ce moment j'ai remarqué...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bande-annonce!

PapyDooM66
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par PapyDooM66 »

...ça c'est d'la news,la bande annonce pète bien,vivement que ça sorte sur grand écran :amour: :mad:
ImageDOOM OVER THE WORLDImage
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Entièrement d'accord avec toi ! Ca donne envie de le voir ! :up:
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview de Alex Lifeson sur le doc :

http://newyork.timeout.com/articles/fil ... -interview
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le contenu de la version DVD, avec un CD bonus rempli de raretés collector pour les fans :
Universal Music Group, in association with Banger Films, has announced the feature length DVD and Blu-ray release of the critically acclaimed, award-winning documentary "Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage" on June 29 in North America and July 5 in the U.K. The film made its world premiere in April at the ninth annual Tribeca Film Festival in New Yor kCity and the filmmakers, Scot McFadyen and Sam Dunn won the highly coveted Heineken Audience Award.

The DVD features a bonus disc that includes the following exclusive material:

01. Being Bullied and The Search for The First Gig
02. Reflections on the album Hemispheres
03. "Presto" and "Roll The Bones" Rap
04. The Rush Fashion
05. Hobbies on the Road
06. Rush Trekkies
07. Pre-Gig Warm-Up
08. Best I Can (never-before-seen footage w/ original drummer, John Rutsey from 1974)
09. Working Man (never-before-seen footage w/ original drummer, John Rutsey from 1974)
10. La Villa Strangiato - Live at Pinkpop Festival in Holland from 1979 (first time this epic song was captured on video)
11. Between The Sun and Moon - Hartford, CT (from the band’s first show back after hiatus in 2002)
12. Dinner with RUSH at a Hunting Lodge
13. Far Cry (live) - from the "Snakes & Arrows" DVD
14. Entre Nous (live) – from the ‘Snakes & Arrows’ DVD
15. Bravado (rare live version) - previously only available on the "R30" Blu-ray version
16. YYZ (rare live version) - previously only available on the "R30" Blu-ray version
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: Amazing Stuff ! Il ne reste plus qu'à attendre début Juillet pour ce super DVD !
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Le docu-fleuve refait parler de lui avec une diffusion à L.A. le 18 Avril prochain :
In the lead-up to RUSH's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction on April 18, the ArcLight Cinemas in Los Angeles, California will host a special screening of the the band's documentary, "Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage", on April 16 at 7 p.m. The screening will be followed by a question-and-answer session with RUSH vocalist/bassist Geddy Lee and guitarist Alex Lifeson, hosted by SiriusXM disc jockey Jim Ladd.

"Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage" was honored in the "Music DVD Of The Year" category at the 2011 Juno gala dinner and award ceremony. This marked the second consecutive win in this Juno category for filmmakers Sam Dunn and Scot McFadyen of Banger Films, who received the same award lain 2010 for "Iron Maiden: Flight 666".

The two-disc DVD release of "Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage" was certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for shipments in excess of 100,000 copies. (Note: Due to the fact that the set consists of two discs, it was eligible for platinum certification after shipping 50,000 copies; platinum certification for a single-disc release is 100,000 copies.)

Guitarist Alex Lifeson told The Pulse of Radio that it wasn't until he saw the film himself that he thought there was actually an interesting story to tell about the band. "It's just kind of a, you know, a success story — kids from the suburbs have a dream and they live their dream," he said. "And everybody can relate to that. There's been quite a dynamic in the band, a lot of stuff has happened, so there was a story to tell there. And I don't think I really realized there was one until we actually saw a rough cut and how they pieced it all together and the chronology and the ebbs and flows of the story."

RUSH bassist Geddy Lee told RollingStone.com that the band was initially hesitant when approached by Sam Dunn and Scot McFadyen about making a documentary, saying, "We thought, 'How foolish are these guys?' We're just this dull band. I remember [drummer] Neil [Peart] asked them rather pointedly, 'What's your angle? What's the story you want to tell?' They said, 'Well, to be honest, we don't know.' We liked that and said, 'Good luck, let you know what you want us to do.'"

"Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage" won the Audience Choice Award at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival.

When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Quelqu'un l'a vu d'ailleurs?
Balin
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Balin »

Ouep mais il y a déjà pas loin de deux ans alors c'est assez flou. :D

Sympathique sans plus même si j'ai appris pas mal de truc sur l'histoire du groupe, je suis pas sûr que le die hard fan y apprenne quelque chose mais le fan moyen que je suis à apprécier. Si je me souviens bien il y a pas mal d'intervention de zikos connus pour parler de l'évolution du groupe, et notamment le bassiste de RATM qui a pas du tout apprécier la musicalité du groupe à la fin des 80s /début des 90s. :D
Swoopes… Dancing… For the win… Texas is back folks!
Répondre