Yngwie Malmsteen - Relentless

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Prévu pour novembre au Japon.
As previously reported, Swedish guitarist YNGWIE MALMSTEEN is currently in the studio working on the follow-up to 2009's High Impact. The new studio album will be titled Relentless and it will be released in Japan on November 10th via Universal Music. More information will be revealed soon.

On June 29th, Malmsteen released Raw Live, "providing an unprecedented and unique look at the rise of a guitar god," according to a press release. Spanning from 1981 through 1999 and encompassing extremely rare footage of Malmsteen's early years in Sweden, this video displays the infancy of Malmsteen's prodigious skills well prior to his first worldwide album and travels through Malmsteen's masterful career, including his masterful performances from his first solo albums, Rising Force, Marching Out, and Trilogy. Also included in this unique video are never released behind the scenes footage of Malmsteen and newly shot personal touches of the guitarist which open up the viewer to a side of the guitar maestro which is rarely seen by the public.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

:indifferent:
je comprends pourquoi il le sort au Japon. Il doit y avoir que là-bas qu'il a encore du succès.
Il faudrait peut-être qu'il se pose les bonnes questions... :hum:
:riff:
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

ouais il a toujours pas mal cartonné au Japon, mais l'album sera dispo en Europe aussi c'est sur, moi j'aime toujours ce qu'il fait !!
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Malmsteen au sujet de cet album :
The second Yngwie CD to feature ex-JUDAS PRIEST and ICED EARTH singer Tim "Ripper" Owens, "Relentless" contains over 60 minutes of "incredibly complex, kick-ass arrangements," according to a press release.

"This title truly is the right one for this album," explains Yngwie. "I mean, after all these years, some kind of force is driving me to create something that totally surpasses everything I've done before. I tried to capture the raw energy of a live performance, yet push myself to the most demanding level of playing and composing to harness that elusive magic that can't just be switched on. All the way out, caution to the wind, but disciplined performances was what I went for. Maybe I did it too, check it out!"
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Ah merde, j'avais oublié Ripper... :/
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

T'en fais pas, d'après la loi mathématique d'Owens, qui dit qu'un Ripper se fait virer au bout de 2 albums, en théorie c'est son dernier. :D
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

Vivement la pochette avec le gros au milieu des flammes :bang:
ImageImageImage
metalion
Tormentor
Tormentor

Message par metalion »

:D :D :D !!! J'aimais beaucoup, mais depusi très longtemps je ne m'attends plus à rien venant de sa part. Où est passé le bon vieux temps de "marching'out" et "trilogy"? :(
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

il sort au moins 2 disques par an, on peut dire qu'il est productif, mais au niveau qualité..... :nul:
J'ai l'impression qu'il n'a rien de nouveau à apporter, il s'est enfermé dans son style et il est bien content comme ça....
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Heavy metal guitar enthusiasts rejoice! The world will soon be able to experience the stunning new album from guitar legend and classical metal master Yngwie Malmsteen. "Relentless" will hit streets on November 22 via Malmsteen's own Rising Force Records. The CD contains more than 60 minutes of brand new material and showcases the guitar great at his best with the signature virtuosity and mind-blowing technical speed for which he has come to be known. "Relentless" also features striking vocals from Tim "Ripper" Owens (JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH), who first collaborated with Malmsteen on 2008's critically-acclaimed "Perpetual Flame" (Malmsteen's first album for the Rising Force Records label).

Of the new album, Malmsteen commented, "The album title really says it all. The drive to surpass my own accomplishments can best be described with one word — relentless. After all these years of composing and playing music, I still am passionate about pushing myself to the limit — to the highest, most demanding level of playing possible."

"Relentless" track listing:

01. Overture
02. Critical Mass
03. Shot Across The Bow
04. Look At You Now
05. Relentless
06. Enemy Within
07. Knight Of The Vasa Order
08. Caged Animal
09. Into Valhalla
10. Tide Of Desire
11. Adagio B Flat Minor Variation
12. Axe To Grind
13. Blinded
14. Cross To Bear
15. Arpeggios From Hell *

* Bonus track
Looner
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Looner »

Ha ben finalement c'est calme niveau flammes sur la pochette... :D
steelprophet
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par steelprophet »

cillian a écrit : il s'est enfermé dans son style et il est bien content comme ça....
et certains l'aiment comme cela et uniquement comme cela.c'est mon cas.je fais parti des derniers grognards :D

même le petit dernier ''perpetual flame', a fini par me convaincre a la longue.a chaque fois j'y trouve mon compte :rock:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Des samples de chacun des morceaux en écoute ici: http://www.amazon.com/Relentless/dp/B00 ... 348&sr=8-4
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
th93370
Shadow Thief
Shadow Thief

Message par th93370 »

Certaines personnes doutent du succès de Malmsteen... même si je l'ecoute plus ce mec a encore enormement de succes dans des pays autres que la france, japon, bresil, suede, russie me viennent en tete...

Croyez moi que ces ventes de nouvel album tournent autour de 6 chiffres à chaque fois ;)

YM a du vendre quelque chose comme des dizaines de millions de d'album ( un exemple : ODYSSEY en 88 disque dor rien quaux US... ).

Les ferrari, les villas et les rollex ( et les fender ) ça se paye chere ;)

Ciao
th93370
Shadow Thief
Shadow Thief

Message par th93370 »

Pour moi le grand malmsteen c'est la periode rising force à(83) à fire and ice (92 ) apres j'ai du mal avec the seven sign et autres magnum opus... Par contre apres 97 et lalbum facing the animal j'ai encore plus de mal à accrocher...

Tiens en reparlant de succès... lalbum FACING THE ANIMAL a realisé des ventes incroyables ( signature sur une major ).
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Salut ! J'aimerais bien voir Yngwie live (Il passe plus en France depuis des années...:( ) J'ai du mal depuis Alchemy, mais j'écoute très régulièrement tous les autres ! Pour moi, c'est pas important, les chiffres des ventes de ses albums, mais la qualité de ses compos (et pour moi il a été l'un des meilleurs).....
:cheers: J'aime bien "Fire and Ice" aussi !
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

Il reste un grand guitariste au touché hors du commun. Dans le monde du Hard et malgré une qualité des compositions assez inégale depuis ces dernières années due je pense aux chanteurs qui l'accompagne, le fait de vivre de son art est un signe de reconnaissance proportionnel au chiffre de vente de ces disques.
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
BLCKME

Message par BLCKME »

lelite a écrit :le fait de vivre de son art est un signe de reconnaissance proportionnel au chiffre de vente de ces disques.
mais heureusement pas un signe de la qualité de son art :hum:
steelprophet
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par steelprophet »

Mr. Sandman a écrit :Des samples de chacun des morceaux en écoute ici: http://www.amazon.com/Relentless/dp/B00 ... 348&sr=8-4
production ''brut'' visiblement,un peu a la ''War to End All Wars'' on dirait.mais bon,les extraits sont quand même bons en ce qui me concerne!
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

Blackame a écrit :
lelite a écrit :le fait de vivre de son art est un signe de reconnaissance proportionnel au chiffre de vente de ces disques.
mais heureusement pas un signe de la qualité de son art :hum:
Plus tu vends plus t'es reconnu surtout dans le milieu Hard qui ne bénéficie d'aucun support de diffusion médiatique; après si tu n'apprécie pas c'est ton choix à moins que tu penses détenir la vérité absolue :lol:
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview :

http://www.sonicexcess.com/yngwie_malms ... w2010.html
Earlier this week, Brandon Marshall of Sonic Excess conducted an interview with legendary Swedish guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Sonic Excess: Congratulations on your 19th studio release, entitled "Relentless". What is your proudest achievement with this new record? Did you challenge yourself in any new or different ways prior to writing and recording "Relentless"?

Yngwie Malmsteen: I picked up the guitar 40 years ago. One would think, "Enough is enough, why would he top himself?" or whatever, but I really did. I wasn't necessarily saying, "I'm going to top everything think that I have done." It was more of a burning passion. It's weird; I don't understand it. I just pick up a guitar, and it's a fire. That's why I call the album "Relentless", because I can't do anything half-assed; I just can't. It has to be full-out or nothing, more is more. Some of the tracks on the record are pretty extreme. The title track being one. It's not all about guitar playing; it is also about composition and how to put it all together. I look at the record as a whole and not just one song. For instance, "Knight Of The Vasa Order", that is an instrumental. Then you have, for example, "Look At You Now" that I sing on. They are very different, but they all function together as a whole.

Sonic Excess: As you mentioned, the title Relentless is a reflection of your guitar ability…

Yngwie Malmsteen: No, I mean I am a relentless person. I am completely relentless in everything that I do. It doesn't matter what it is, and I have always been like that. I have always been a purist. I have always been an extremist. I have always been someone who goes full out or nothing, and that goes for everything, like my cars, for example. I live everything full out, and that is a personality trait. My guitar playing is a result of that personality trait.

Sonic Excess: With "Relentless" being Tim "Ripper" Owens' (vocals) second album recorded with you, did the process of writing and recording flow a bit more smoothly, because you and Tim knew what to expect from one another?

Yngwie Malmsteen: Well, I did everything like I have always done it. I write the song; I write the lyrics; I write the melodies; and I have a perfect idea of what it is going to sound like, and Ripper is the man to deliver it. What happened on "Perpetual Flame", what I did was I wrote all the songs, the lyrics and everything was finished. I sent my singer down from England to do some vocals, and it just didn't work. It wasn't what I had in mind at all. And, of course, as legend has it, I invited Tim down to sing a couple of songs, and he clicked perfectly. He (Tim) is just brilliant with what he can deliver. I mean, with "Relentless", where the lyrics are very dark and aggressive, he puts the vibe where it's supposed to be.

Sonic Excess: Do you view yourself as more of a classical musician or a rock star?

Yngwie Malmsteen: Oh my god (pause)… I don't know. I'm trying to understand how other people perceive me, and that's interesting, but, to myself, I'm really... to me, music is the most rewarding and challenging thing. I'm a very lucky person who is very lucky to do this. I don't really look at myself in a certain way. I just do what I do, and I hope people dig it.

Sonic Excess: The last time that we spoke, you mentioned you were in the process of writing an autobiography. How is that coming along?

Yngwie Malmsteen: I'm still going with it. I just read through another 300 pages of proof readings, but it's been finished.

Sonic Excess: So, it should hit shelves very soon then?

Yngwie Malmsteen: Probably in 2011. I'm hoping, anyway.

Sonic Excess: Is it going to be a reflection of your career?

Yngwie Malmsteen: It's going to be everything. Mostly personal stuff, like how I grew up in Sweden, the relationship with my family, how I left, how all of a sudden I was in the United States, and the wild rides. There was a lot of wild shit going on, trust me. It's a big combination. It's a lot of that stuff, but it also things like how I got developed into what I do. It's virtually everything. It's a big memoir. It's my whole life basically, the good things, the bad things, everything.

Sonic Excess: Looking back on your career, would you do anything differently?

Yngwie Malmsteen: No, because if I made a mistake, there was a lesson to be learned. So, no. Let me tell you, I have made a lot of mistakes. (laughs) I got ripped off blind for years, but I learned my lesson. So, I know exactly what's going on. Every time you do something, there has to be a lesson. If you make the same mistake more than once, then it's bad.
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

L'interview parle aussi d'une autobiographie d'Yngwie qui est prête et qui devrait sortir l'an prochain.
En fait, je pense que je l'achèterais........ :oops:
AdrieN
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par AdrieN »

Ca doit faire une semaine qu'il est sorti, en fait! Quelqu'un l'a acheté?
J'ai failli le prendre suite aux extraits que j'ai pu écouter sur toitube... c'est bien heavy, avec des bonnes mélodies ! A mon avis la collaboration avec Owens commence à être "fluide" . Enfin, je n'ai écouté que des extraits, mais j'ai trouvé ça vraiment sympa.
Enfin, bon, faut reconnaître que Yngwie s'auto pompe quand même assez outrageusement et n'en fout plus une rame pour diversifier ses solos, mais là, comme pour Unleash the Fury, j'ai plus l'impression qu'il faille prendre l'album pour un album de heavy que pour un disque du Seigneur Yngwie Johann Malmsteen avec les solos de SA dessus.
Fire, fire, FIRE, WALK WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

J'ai hésité, mais pas pris... Il n'est pas sur Deezer par contre... :(

Je vais attendre de le trouver pas cher (genre sur Amazon) du coup !
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

j'ai un pote qui l'a, il a pas été vraiment emballé et c'est plutôt un fan d'Yngwie, en même temps il avait pas trop accroché à "Perpetual Flame" non plus... moi je trouve cet album plutôt pas mal, je vais sûrement le prendre quand même, je m'attends pas à un album génial mais bon y'aura sûrement de bons trucs !!
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Répondre