Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Elle a signé chez SPV pour ce nouvel album dont le titre est une allusion évidente à son passé.
L'orientation serait plus traditionnelle, punk et metal, que le précédent.
Lita Ford has signed a worldwide deal with SPV/Steamhammer. Her new album, "Living Like A Runaway", is tentatively due in May.

Best known for her work with THE RUNAWAYS and her solo career, including hit singles "Kiss Me Deadly" and the Billboard-charting duet with Ozzy Osbourne, "Close My Eyes Forever", Lita is ready to make a return to the throne as the queen of metal.

"SPV gets who I am, my work, and what it takes to bring this project to life. I'm very excited to have them on my team," says Lita.

"Living Like A Runaway" was co-written and produced by rock guitarist Gary Hoey and represents a return to form for Lita, who drew inspiration from her "ugly divorce" from NITRO singer Jim Gillette.

"Gary Hoey and I wanted to approach this record by getting back to basics," she said. "We want to strip away all the electronics and plug-ins and keep it to vocals, guitar, bass, and drums. Going back to basics is going back to what punk, metal and THE RUNAWAYS was for me."

She added, "[The album title] 'Living Like A Runaway' means freedom and empowerment. To do what I want and to pursue my dreams while answering to no one."

SPV A&R representative/product manager Olly Hahn commented on the signing of Lita Ford: "When I bought 'Dancin' On The Edge' back in 1984, I never thought that I would ever sign Lita Ford to a label. But a dream of mine came true and it's a huge honor for us at SPV/Steamhammer to have one of the leading women in rock 'n' roll on our label."

In a 2011 interview with Classic Rock Revisited, Lita said that "Living Like A Runaway" will be her "real comeback album." She explained, "The last album I did was called 'Wicked Wonderland', I put it out with Jim Gillette, and we were married at the time. It is kind of a Jim/Lita album and not a really true Lita album. I got a lot of spiel about that. A lot of people have told me that they want a real Lita album, and I know what they mean. They are going to get it."

She continued, "I really wasn't that comfortable with 'Wicked Wonderland' — not at all, to tell you the truth. There are parts of it that are good but it doesn't sound like a Lita record. When it got released, a lot of my fans felt weird about it and said it wasn't a Lita album. This time I want to do it on my own. The last one turned out to be more of a Jim album. We worked pretty well together. It doesn't suck, it's not a bad album; it's just not a Lita album."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
L'Ostrogauxe
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par L'Ostrogauxe »

Good news :)
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

+1 :up: :cheers:
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Elle s'est fait retendre ? :euh: :euh:

Classe la DBZ sinon ! :bave:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Ah oui sinon j'aime bien.. Le précédent album n'a pas marché parce que c'était celui de son ex mari. :up:
LEMETAL ! :up:
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

"A real Lita album" : good news ! Total respect pour cette musicienne que j'ai toujours trouvée très honnête (j'adore ses premiers albums, du bon Hard Rock), et j'ai hâte de découvrir ce nouveau "Lita album".
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Putain, j'avais lu en diagonale, je viens de voir qu'elle a collaboré avec Gary Hoey !! :amour: :amour: :amour: Ah ben d'un coup ça m'intéresse beaucoup plus ! :rock:

Vive le botox tiens ! :D :D
AUPA BO Image
franang
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par franang »

Everflow a écrit :Image
ralalalalalala Lemmy avait vraiment de bons goûts pour se choisir des nanans :amour:
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

elle a d'ailleurs aussi été fiancée a tony iommi et ça me rappelle qu'il existe un album jamais sorti qu'ils avait co ecrits,peut être faudra t il attendre le décés de tony pour qu'il vois enfin le jour ? :hum:
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Lemmy j'en ai pas entendu parler.
Je connaissais sa relation avec Jim Gilette (avec qui elle vient de divorcer), Nikki Sixx, Tony Iommi et Chris Holmes.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

kingdavid666 a écrit :elle a d'ailleurs aussi été fiancée a tony iommi et ça me rappelle qu'il existe un album jamais sorti qu'ils avait co ecrits,peut être faudra t il attendre le décés de tony pour qu'il vois enfin le jour ? :hum:
Exact.
Je ne pense pas qu'un album sortira.
Les titres sont restés à l'état de démos.
C'était l'époque où Iommi reprenait Black Sabbath seul. Il composait des trucs qui ont fini soit sur l'album "Seventh Star" soit sur The Eternal Idol.Certains titres avaient été composés pour et avec Lita mais c'est resté à l'état de démos.

mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

Message par Ad Metal Eternam »

Metalman a écrit :Je ne pense pas qu'un album sortira.
Parce que tu crois que ça va faire peur aux maisons de disques, ça ? :D
"Ma mère ?! Vous voulez dire que j’aurais un ticket avec ma mère ?! Oh, dur, c’est pas le pied !
- Encore ? Mais qu'est-ce que c’est que ces histoires de pieds ? Les pieds seraient-ils le point sensible des hommes du futur ? C’est peut-être dû à un accroissement de l'apesanteur...
- Quoi ???"
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Nan sûrement pas! Ce que je veux dire que ce n'est pas un "album" mais quelques titres.
D'ailleurs pour la réédition de The Eternal Idol, ils ont mis les titres à l'époque chantés par Ray Gillen.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
L'Ostrogauxe
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Bib a écrit : Classe la DBZ sinon ! :bave:
Dragonball Z? :D
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

c'est ce que je me suis dit aussi... :oops: :D
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

:mouais: :mouais: :mouais: :mouais: :D
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Metalman a écrit :
kingdavid666 a écrit :elle a d'ailleurs aussi été fiancée a tony iommi et ça me rappelle qu'il existe un album jamais sorti qu'ils avait co ecrits,peut être faudra t il attendre le décés de tony pour qu'il vois enfin le jour ? :hum:
Exact.
Je ne pense pas qu'un album sortira.
C'était l'époque où Iommi reprenait Black Sabbath seul. Il composait des trucs qui ont fini soit sur l'album "Seventh Star" soit sur The Eternal Idol.Certains titres avaient été composés pour et avec Lita mais c'est resté à l'état de démos.
Puisqu'on est dans les archives, mais je ne sais pas du tout à quelle occasion c'était... :)

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le détail des différents formats de l'album :
'80s hard rock queen Lita Ford will release her new album, "Living Like A Runaway", on June 19 in North America via SPV/Steamhammer. The effort will be available in four configurations: a double LP, limited edition CD, standard CD and digital download. The artwork for the album was created by famed rock photographer Mark Weiss can seen below.

Standard jewel case version:

01. Branded
02. Hate
03. The Mask
04. Living Like A Runaway
05. Relentless
06. Mother
07. Devil In My Head
08. Asylum
09. Love 2 Hate U
10. A Song To Slit Your Wrists By

Limited edition digipak version:

01. Branded
02. Hate
03. The Mask
05. Relentless
06. Mother
07. Devil In My Head
08. Asylum
09. Love 2 Hate U

Bonus tracks:

11. Bad Neighborhood
12. The Bitch Is Back

Exclusive iTunes version:

01. Branded
02. Hate
03. The Mask
05. Relentless
06. Mother
07. Devil In My Head
08. Asylum
09. Love 2 Hate U

Exclusive iTunes bonus track:

11. Boiling Point

Double Gatefold LP Version:

LP Side 1:

01. Branded
02. Hate
03. The Mask

LP Side 2:

01. Relentless
02. Devil In My Head
03. Asylum

LP Side 3:

01. Living Like A Runaway
02. Mother
03. A Song To Slit Your Wrists By

LP Side 4:

01. Love 2 Hate You

Bonus tracks:

02. Bad Neighborhood
03. The Bitch Is Back

Lita Ford has teamed up with producer Gary Hoey and lyricist Michael Dan Ehmig to work on "Living Like a Runaway". Together the team invested a lot of time and effort into this kick-ass project.

"We worked on the lyrics intensively to really give the songs a lot of meaning and that special emotional depth," says Lita. "I think that these are some of the best lyrics ever, period." Ford is referring to numbers such as "Devil In My Head", "Hate" and "The Asylum", which see her bare her soul in a way which she has never done before.

Unlike many albums today, "Living Like a Runaway" is an album that truly must be heard in its entirety from start to finish.

"Listeners shouldn't pick out individual tracks but listen to the full album," says Ford. "It's a fascinating musical journey, inspired by PINK FLOYD's 'Dark Side Of The Moon'. I had seen a documentary about 'Dark Side Of The Moon' and it really motivated me to focus on 'Living Like a Runaway' as a whole journey rather just an individual song."

Coinciding with the album's release, Lita will hit the road this summer with DEF LEPPARD and POISON on the "Rock Of Ages Tour".

Lita is looking forward to the tour and getting to play the new songs live.

"We are honored with this awesome tour and being able to play with these brilliant musicians," she says. "So strap in tight, it's going to be one powerful journey."

Best known for her work with THE RUNAWAYS and her solo career, including hit singles "Kiss Me Deadly" and the Billboard-charting duet with Ozzy Osbourne, "Close My Eyes Forever", Lita is ready to make a return to the throne as the queen of metal.

"Living Like A Runaway" represents a return to form for Lita, who drew inspiration from her "ugly divorce" from NITRO singer Jim Gillette.

"Gary Hoey and I wanted to approach this record by getting back to basics," she said. "We want to strip away all the electronics and plug-ins and keep it to vocals, guitar, bass, and drums. Going back to basics is going back to what punk, metal and THE RUNAWAYS was for me."

She added, "[The album title] 'Living Like A Runaway' means freedom and empowerment. To do what I want and to pursue my dreams while answering to no one."

In a 2011 interview with Classic Rock Revisited, Lita said that "Living Like A Runaway" will be her "real comeback album." She explained, "The last album I did was called 'Wicked Wonderland', I put it out with Jim Gillette, and we were married at the time. It is kind of a Jim/Lita album and not a really true Lita album. I got a lot of spiel about that. A lot of people have told me that they want a real Lita album, and I know what they mean. They are going to get it."

She continued, "I really wasn't that comfortable with 'Wicked Wonderland' — not at all, to tell you the truth. There are parts of it that are good but it doesn't sound like a Lita record. When it got released, a lot of my fans felt weird about it and said it wasn't a Lita album. This time I want to do it on my own. The last one turned out to be more of a Jim album. We worked pretty well together. It doesn't suck, it's not a bad album; it's just not a Lita album."

Lita and Jim are the parents of two sons, Rocco and James.
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

elle a repris le petit symbole de la "veuve noire" de ses debuts.
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Un disque que j'attends avec impatience... De plus, il est fait pour être écouté de bout en bout, comme un concept album. Nul doute, les lyrics doivent être intéressants et "emotional", et je considère LITA FORD comme une chanteuse douée. Je vais sûrement commander la version limited digipack. :rock:
lolo
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par lolo »

Tu peux l'acheter les yeux fermés, album excellent.

Ma chronique de l'album
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

Message par Ad Metal Eternam »

C'est sympa, j'aime bien...
"Ma mère ?! Vous voulez dire que j’aurais un ticket avec ma mère ?! Oh, dur, c’est pas le pied !
- Encore ? Mais qu'est-ce que c’est que ces histoires de pieds ? Les pieds seraient-ils le point sensible des hommes du futur ? C’est peut-être dû à un accroissement de l'apesanteur...
- Quoi ???"
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

J'aime bien ce morceau, typiquement Lita FORD. C'est bien construit, bien envoyé, et très positif. Le genre d'artiste que j'aimerais voir sur scène ! J'ai commandé le disque, mais il n'est pas encore arrivé...
L'Ostrogauxe
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

sympa, pas transcendant mais ça va
Répondre