Machine Head - Bloodstone & Diamonds

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Quelques légères informations sur le prochain album:
MACHINE HEAD's ROBB FLYNN Says New Songs Are 'Definitely' Moving Band's Sound Forward

San Francisco Bay Area metallers MACHINE HEAD will enter the studio in February to begin recording their new album for a late summer release via the band's new label, Nuclear Blast Entertainment. Tentative songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Killers & Kings", "Beneath The Silt", "Ojos De La Muerte", "Sail Into The Black" and "Night Of The Long Knives".

Speaking to U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine, MACHINE HEAD guitarist/vocalist Robb Flynn stated about the band's new material: "It sounds like MACHINE HEAD! It's definitely moving forward, which I feel like we're probably always gonna do.

"We're not a band that ever looks back. We do our thing and try to take the life experiences that we have and the musicianship that we've evolved and try to use it. Obviously, we have our sound and we have the MACHINE HEAD patented harmonics, the downtuned riffs and I sing the way I sing.

"I think Bob Dylan said it best: 'You just find new ways to say the same thing.'"

Speaking about some of the specific tracks and the lyrical themes covered on the new album, Flynn said: "I've got some pretty cool lyrics ready. There's a song called 'Night Of The Long Knives', and it's pretty fucked! It's about the Manson murders, and the lyrics are really dark and vicious.

"We've found some new twists to give to the MACHINE HEAD sound and some new fire and excitement."

Asked what the band's main aims were when they started composing music for the new CD, Flynn said: "Well, it's nice to try and have a plan, but music has a way of unravelling over time! [Laughs] You've just got to roll with it.

"With [2007's] 'The Blackening', I'd love to say I had this grand vision of nine- and 10-minute songs, but the first four songs we wrote were the four shorter songs on the record. For months, there was no indication whatsoever that we'd have 10-minute songs. That stuff came later.

"Human nature wants to control and dictate where things will go, but you can't. It won't let you! The more you try, the more it goes, 'Fuck you.' It's going some other way!"

Regarding whether the songwriting process comes more easily after more than two decades as a band, Flynn said: "I just try and do my thing. With this record in particular, I've tried to discipline myself more with routine, writing a little bit every day, but for months I was in a riff rut. Every riff I wrote fuckin' sucked! Then we took a two-week break and I was writing my Facebook journals about the 'Through The Ashes Of Empires' [MACHINE HEAD's 2003 album] story, and that cleared my head. At the end of those two weeks, the floodgates opened and all hell of riffs poured out. I was so stoked! This torrent of riffs, this molten hot lava, was at my fingertips. It's such a good feeling."

Flynn also revealed that MACHINE HEAD has "definitely got some ideas" for the artwork and imagery for the band's new album, but added: "It's weird, though, because who the fuck even buys albums anymore?

"An album cover is a necessary thing but for so many people it's justa little one-and-a-half-inch square on an iPhone.

"We're going to have a lot of worldwide special editions, so for the people who are still into that stuff, we'll have some next-level shit. Especially with our new label, Nuclear Blast, they can do all of that stuff. They're not afraid to do all these crazy, over-the-top special-edition things and big two-foot metal cases and all that.

"I'm a super-nerd collector and that shit rules to me!"

MACHINE HEAD's most recent studio release, 2011's "Unto The Locust", entered The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 22 — putting them in the Top 25 for the first time in the band's history.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/machin ... IBJJGUO.99
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

As part of this year's Record Store Day on April 19, San Francisco Bay Area metallers MACHINE HEAD will release a 10-inch vinyl single, with the A-side containing the "demo" version of a new song, "Killers & Kings". The B-side will be a cover version of the track "Our Darkest Days" from one of MACHINE HEAD's favorite bands, IGNITE.

Says MACHINE HEAD guitarist/vocalist Robb Flynn: "I remember growing up in the thrash scene and always wanting to hear the demo version of songs. You searched them out. Thankfully, my buddy Jim was a big 'tape trader,' and through trading, we had both METALLICA demos, EXODUS demos, bootlegs of songs sometimes 'years' before they came out.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/machin ... G6lj9dh.99
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Tu es abonné à leur page Facebook ? :D
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Non mais j'ai des amis qui le sont :D
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

:lol: :lol: :lol:

En tout cas j'aime bien la pochette pour un single! :) Même si ça me rappelle un peu trop le visuel d'un t-shirt vendu sur la tournée en 2012.
Jeff Von Dijon
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Jeff Von Dijon »

Bah ça rappelle surtout la pochette de l'album "the Blackening"
Globox666 a écrit :Picoler en écoutant du metal avec le cul qui sent le mixa bébé, ça c'est subversif ! :D
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Ah, perso je vois pas vraiment de rapport entre ces 2 pochettes!
Jeff Von Dijon
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

le nom du groupe :mad: et l'utilisation du carte de tarot :D
Globox666 a écrit :Picoler en écoutant du metal avec le cul qui sent le mixa bébé, ça c'est subversif ! :D
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

La pochette de The Blackening représente un carte de tarot?
Guix
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Guix »

on s'en fout de ce groupe :lol: :bang: :bang: :bang:
kingdavid of steel a écrit :
Pierre a écrit :Mais si on n'achète pas, qui va ramener le rock'n'roll en France ? :diable:
Demis Roussos !!!
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

non
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Je suis curieux d'entendre la reprise d'Ignite! Ça a le potentiel d'être cool tout comme ça a le potentiel d'être vraiment dégueu. :D
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Guix a écrit :on s'en fout de ce groupe :lol: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Toi peut être mais faut pas generaliser.
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Faut pas lui en vouloir il allait voir Dagoba samedi soir! :diable:

Mais c'est sur qu'il ne faut pas généraliser, mais au final on doit quand même pas être beaucoup à aimer ce groupe ici j'ai l'impression! Enfin Dark Avenger on est sur de son avis au moins de ce côté là... :lol:
SophiePetoncule
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par SophiePetoncule »

Dark Avenger il aime le premier album de Korn... :hum:
Guix
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Guix »

Je ne M'en fous pas du tout, c'est juste pour faire chier Alexis !!
Pierre a écrit :Mais si on n'achète pas, qui va ramener le rock'n'roll en France ? :diable:
Demis Roussos !!!
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Furya a écrit :Dark Avenger il aime le premier album de Korn... :hum:
Et il a probablement raison... :hum:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Guix a écrit :Je ne M'en fous pas du tout, c'est juste pour faire chier Alexis !!
Petit con! :lol:
Jeff Von Dijon
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Psyko Killer a écrit :
Guix a écrit :Je ne M'en fous pas du tout, c'est juste pour faire chier Alexis !!
Petit con! :lol:
Ils vont arrêter les zamoureux? Faites vous des bisous dans les fesses et qu'on en reparle plus :amour:
Guix
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Guix »

On t'a pas entendu pour le faire ! :lol:
Demis Roussos !!!
Jeff Von Dijon
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

J'espère!! Par contre, le prochain coup pensez à prendre des photos! Je n'ai plus de films d'horreur à mater! :diable:
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

"KILLERS & KINGS" 10 INCH ARTWORK #2 REVEALED
-------
The second of four Tarot Cards

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Ils vont proposer combien d'artworks pour un malheureux single ? :D
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Psyko Killer a écrit : The second of four Tarot Cards
:D
Répondre