Black Sabbath: The Dio Years

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

blackoum
Bloody Vivaldi
Bloody Vivaldi

Message par blackoum »

voilà une bonne nouvelle

R.J.DIO et Tony Iommi collaborent en ce moment sur deux chansons qui seront inclus en bonus dans un coffret BLACK SABBATH dédié à la période R.J DIO.
Ce coffret s'intitulera :"BLACK SABBATH The DIO years"
Poseidon
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Poseidon »

mais bon dieu qu'ils refassent un album et qu'ils FASSEENT PAS CHIIIEEEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The average Metal record buyer is a stereotypical loser: a good-for-nothing who was teased as a child, got bad grades in school, lives on social welfare, and seeks compensation for his inferiority complexes and lack of identity by feeling part of an exclusive gang of outcasts uniting against a society which has turned them down."
CARPE DIEM
St Anger
St Anger

Message par CARPE DIEM »

mais bon dieu qu'ils refassent pas d'album et qu'ils FASSEENT PAS CHIIIEEEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:
My lifestyle determines my deathstyle
Poseidon
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Poseidon »

Il n'y avait pas de smiley dans le mien... :bash:
"The average Metal record buyer is a stereotypical loser: a good-for-nothing who was teased as a child, got bad grades in school, lives on social welfare, and seeks compensation for his inferiority complexes and lack of identity by feeling part of an exclusive gang of outcasts uniting against a society which has turned them down."
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

le Iommi ferait mieux de se réveiller et d'envoyer chier le Ozzy :) enfin je sais pas quel genre de contrat lie la femme d'Ozzy à Iommi surtout
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Poseidon
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Poseidon »

:lol:

A few times over the last few months, I've seen reports that Ronnie Dio is rejoining Black Sabbath, or is working with Tony Iommi again, or they're doing a new project, etc, etc, etc.. This report has cropped up again at Blabbermouth today. It's definitely NOT new news, as this has come up before. However, I wanted to address it anyway.

NOTE: What follows is all personal speculation and some rumour - I don't have formal news on this as it has not been announced yet.

There's nothing new in that story that hasn't been said before. The last time it came up, Dio's camp issued a statement saying that Ronnie was not rejoining Black Sabbath, just that he would probably work with him again (or something like that, I can't find the exact words right now). "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years" could essentially be "Black Box 2" for the Dio Years. From what I can gather, it will be remastered versions of the three Dio studio Sabbath albums, plus the Live Evil album.

The story talks about recording new songs. The last time this came up, I had read where it might be new songs, or dustoffs of leftovers from the Dehumanizer sessions. Whatever they are, it's likely stuff we haven't heard before, so that will be a nice inclusion. There are some oddities floating around that might be interesting to include, although some of them (and I'd say definitely not the last one) might not be. They are:

The version of 'The Mob Rules' that appeared on the Heavy Metal movie soundtrack
The "Wayne's World" version of Time Machine (as well as the album version)
The alternate version of "Letters From Earth" that appeared on the TV Crimes CD Single
The Live Evil concert video Ronnie mentions on the Live Evil album
The demo version of Dehumanizer with Tony Martin on vocals ( this exists according to Garry Sharpe-Young's book on that era of Sabbath)
That's it for the oddities from the Dio era that I can think of. Hopefully these things can be included, but I would understand why the Martin think would not. :)

Anyway, I've put in a request for information from Iommi's camp, if I get a response on this issue, I'll have a followup.

Posted by Joe Siegler on black-sabbath.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cardinal-Sin a écrit :le Iommi ferait mieux de se réveiller et d'envoyer chier le Ozzy :) enfin je sais pas quel genre de contrat lie la femme d'Ozzy à Iommi surtout
Iommi possède le nom Black Sabbath il me semble, donc il peut sans doute prendre qui il veut s'il reforme le groupe.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

ce serait cool qu'ils fassent un truc ensemble après ces 2 titres, un peu comme Iommi l'a fait avec G Hugues.
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Iommi il ferait bien mieux de tourner pour son album solo avec Glenn Hugues (Fused,2005) qui est de loin ce qu'il a fait mieux depuis Dehumanizer.

Black Sabbath est mort depuis bien longtemps.....
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est clair que quand il veut pour la tournée Fused!

Il y en a pas mal qui attendent ça de pied ferme je pense... moi le premier.
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Nan c'est moi le premier !!! :)
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Fangface a écrit :C'est clair que quand il veut pour la tournée Fused!

Il y en a pas mal qui attendent ça de pied ferme je pense... moi le
premier.
ouais c'est pas demain la vieille qu'on aura ça en France... et puis G hugues bosse sur son nouvel album, ça m'étonnerait qu'il est le temps de faire une tournée "Fused".
Bertrand
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Bertrand »

Legendary heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio (DIO, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH) has confirmed to Greg Prato of Billboard.com that he is collaborating once more with BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi. "There's a box set that's going to be released, called 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years'," he said. "The proposal was to write a couple of songs to be included. I have gotten together with Tony — we worked together for about a week in England. It went very well."
:wank::wank::wank::wank:

Another rumor that comes up often in metal circles is a beckoning RAINBOW reunion. "The beauty of that is that people still care after all these years," Dio said. "That's cool, but I've tried to say 'No' as many times as I possibly could. If there is a RAINBOW reunion it will not include me."
:,( :,(
DIO will begin work on a new studio album this summer. "I'd like to make it a quicker album — our last album was more medium tempo," Dio told Billboard.com. "I always hear everybody gripe and moan about that, so I think we'll go for some fast ones this time. That's the plan, but knowing me, I'll probably end up in the doldrums, and you'll have a lot of slow things on it." The yet-to-be-titled set should arrive in early 2007.
:wank:
du foin pour nos vaches, les Landes indépendante !!!!
OMNIO a écrit :
30 août 2019, 15:12
Mais peut être qu'en écoutant l'album encore quelques fois attentivement, t'arriveras à aimer quelques titres ou mêmes des riffs … en faisant abstraction de la voix bien sûr :D
Aymerik
Moonchild
Moonchild

Message par Aymerik »

c'est bien bon tout ca le coffret BS will be mine c est sur à 100%,le nouvel album du :bow: aussi en esperant une tournée ,qt à une reformation de Rainbow,quitte à être déçu,...Je crois que Ronnie préfère regarder devant...
saracdclabanane a écrit : nan mais Aymerik est tellement narcissique qu'il lit pas les posts des autres
Pierre a écrit :Pour la peine, tu auras droit à un polissage anal avec mon bouc
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dio à propos de ses retrouvailles avec Iommi :
Rock Eyez: If not, what was it like writing with your old partner again?

Ronnie: "It was great! It was fun... I've always liked Tony. He's a good person, fun to be around, obviously a brilliant player which is always the first attraction because if you don't like the player you're, kind of, doomed. But it'd been ten, eleven or twelve years since I've seen Tony except he did come to one of our shows a couple of months ago that we had done in Birmingham. So I did get to see him for the first time then and it was just as it always was. Then, when we worked together, it was the same productive thing that we've always got up to. Just the two of us... me playing bass, Tony playing guitar, a drum machine in Tony's studio... it was great! I think we both said inside to ourselves, 'Damn... I forgot how good he was!'"
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

C'est un album entier qu'ils devraient nous refaire.
norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

stanley_gun a écrit :Nan c'est moi le premier !!! :)
Euh non c'est moi ! :D

Sinon c'est déjà pas mal 2 nouveaux titres, toujours mieux que 15 ans d'attente sans rien.

Concernant Ozzy, avant de le virer, il voudrait pas faire une p'tite tournée par chez nous, voir le line up original ça peut-être pas mal non plus. :D
:rock:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouvelle interview de Dio qui en parle :

On the possibility of further collaborations with BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi:

"We've already written one [new] song together. The reason for that is that there's a release coming out, it's called 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years' — they've already done one, of course, 'Black Sabbath: The Ozzy Years'; that was the beginning and, really, the best part of it all — but they've decided to do one, again, 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years', and we wanted to make it a little but more special, not just give you things you've not heard from a live perspective. These are two things you'll never hear again — two new songs. We are going to do that. It's been fun already. The one we've done — the one that I've done with Tony has been really wonderful — just great to realize how magnificent a player he was. You forget that after 10 years at a time that you don't work with someone. So we are gonna be doing that. And I hope you'll like it. I think it'll be great."

On the rumors of him possibly rejoining BLACK SABBATH:

"There's always rumors about everything — about a RAINBOW reunion, about a BLACK SABBATH reunion. Our purpose was to do this because we wanted to have this product be a bit more special than anything else — not just, 'Here's a live track you've never heard before.' I mean, that's cool, but I'm sure people have heard that. We wanted to do something a bit more special, so the whole band would write and play these songs, and… They've wanted to hear them long enough, so here they are. But it's not anything that we've talked about leading to anything other than that. No, it's for that project."
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

Je n'aime pas trop Sabbath avec Ozzy. C'etait quoi le coffret "ozzy years" ?
tous les albums avec ozzy plus des raretés ? Ou seulement un best of et des raretés ?

j'attends ces 2 nouveaux titres avec impatience, sans parler de Mob Rules et Hn'H, Dehumanizer est pour moi l'album le plus sous estimé de tous les temps.

D'ailleurs même ronnie le dit sur ce tour avant de jouer "I" :lol:
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

Dehumanizer est pour moi l'album le plus sous estimé de tous les temps.
entièrement d'accord, si l'album était sorti quelques années plus tot ou plus tard et pas en pleine période grunge ça serait un classique reconnu.

J'ai eu la chance de voir la tournée avec Testament en première partie dans une petite salle avec Toni Iommi juste en face de moi. Inoubliable.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Hellion a écrit :Je n'aime pas trop Sabbath avec Ozzy. C'etait quoi le coffret "ozzy years" ?
tous les albums avec ozzy plus des raretés ? Ou seulement un best of et des raretés ?
Tous les albums entre 70 et 78 c'est le coffret Black Box.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Finalement 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years' ne sera pas un coffret mais une banale compilation simple CD, contenant des titres des 3 albums et 2 nouvelles compos.
Now, here's the other misinformation that is out there: Everyone is calling this a box set — it is not; it is a single-CD collection. And it'll have on it songs from 'Heaven and Hell', 'Mob Rules' and 'Dehumanizer' and also at least two new songs that the band are recording as we speak; they were doing it while we were there in England.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Vinnie Appice au sujet des 2 nouveaux morceaux (et de la tournée) :

:pointer: http://www.hardrockhaven.net/interviews ... pice06.php

Hardrock Haven: I think everyone wants to know what the new music is going to sound like.

Appice: It sounds … I was blown away when I heard the songs. They sound very SABBATH-y, you know, really evil songs. And very, very heavy, but a little bit more modern. Ronnie did some absolutely killer melodies, and vocals and lyrics on it. It just fit so well together. I heard the original tracks with just the drum machine, you know, and once we put the drums on it, it completed the puzzle. It just came alive. The songs are absolutely kick ass.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

- Une interview de Tony Iommi à lire absolument pour les fans de ce line-up, ça résume bien tout :) Et il n'exclue pas de refaire un album avec Dio!

:pointer: http://www.metaleater.com/interviews-he ... 022007.php
MetalEater.com: Can we expect the possibility of a new studio album?

Iommi: "With?"

MetalEater.com: With Dio.

Iommi: "With Dio... well, nothing's out of the question. I think... we actually talked about it when everybody was at my house here, when we were recording these three tracks. We said 'bloody hell, we could record an album at the moment' and we had to sort of stop ourselves at three songs. And at first, the record company didn't want to put three songs, and anyways, we sort of said 'we've got to have three songs', but we were already together, we could have done it and who knows? I mean, it would be nice to do an album I think. I think whatever comes now to just take it and do it, you know; I've got no boundaries at all."

MetalEater.com: What about the possibility of a live CD and/or DVD from the tour?

Iommi: "Yes, we're talking about that, we're talking about doing that on this tour. And that would be nice to do that, I think it would be good to have that... I think the fans would like that."
- La tracklist du best of, avec les 3 nouveaux titres à la fin :

01. Neon Knights
02. Lady Evil
03. Heaven And Hell
04. Die Young
05. Lonely Is The Word
06. The Mob Rules
07. Turn Up The Night
08. Voodoo
09. Falling Off The Edge Of The World
10. After All (The Dead)
11. TV Crimes
12. I
13. Children Of The Sea - Live
14. The Devil Cried*
15. Shadow Of The Wind*
16. Ear In The Wall*

- Un nouvel album live vintage (tournée Mob Rules) au mois de mai, "Black Sabbath: Live at Hammersmith Odeon" :

01. E5150
02. Neon Knights
03. N.I.B.
04. Children Of The Sea
05. Country Girl
06. Black Sabbath
07. War Pigs
08. Slipping Away
09. Iron Man
10. The Mob Rules
11. Heaven And Hell
12. Paranoid
13. Voodoo
14. Children Of The Grave

All selections previously unissued
On May 1, Rhino Handmade will release "Black Sabbath: Live At Hammersmith Odeon", which features Dio, Iommi, Butler and Appice getting hot one December night in London during SABBATH's 1981 tour for "Mob Rules". Previously unreleased, the concert spotlights SABBATH as they storm through 14 of the Dio-era's best including "Neon Knights", "Heaven And Hell", "Children Of The Sea" and "Country Girl". The band also performs several pre-Dio classics, including "Paranoid", "Children Of The Grave" and a white-hot version of "War Pigs". The album will be available from Rhino Handmade as an individually numbered limited edition of 5,000 copies, available only at http://www.rhinohandmade.com for a suggested retail price of $19.98.
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

Super étonné de pa svoir Computer God sur la compile, j'espère qu'il la feront quand même en live je trouve ce titre fantastique.

Sinon la photo promo avec les vitraux est bien chouette, une scene dans ce style (puisqu'il y aura un decors selon Tony...) ca le ferait bien.
Répondre