Evile (thrash metal, UK)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Je viens de prendre l'album et je suis agréablement surpris. C'est du thrash avec plein de passage heavy et un chanteur qui imite bien James Hettfield! Perso, ça me plait beaucoup! :up: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Evile - Skull (Nouvel album)

Message par Mr. Sandman »

4ème album pour les anglais, sortie prévue pour le 27 mai chez Earache Records.

La pochette (signée Eliran Kantor) :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

Je voulais, vraiment, mais je n'accroche pas trop au côté pompeux de la voix. J'écouterai quand même le 4ème par curiosité.

Même si je ne suis toujours pas fichue de prononcer le nom du groupe. Qui se prononce comment déjà?
Larry a écrit :
26 mars 2018, 15:17
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Jamais trop écouté, mais déjà la pochette j'aime pas! :D
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Les détracteurs persisteront à n'y voir qu'une pâle resucée doublée de relents vocaux Hetfieldiens -et ils n'auraient pas tout à fait tort-, mais je trouve pas ça dégueu.
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Bon je découvre le skeud... ca avoine toujours autant, toujours ces influences thrash typées Master Of Puppets ou Reign In Blood. J'avais pas écouté depuis le premier album Enter The Grave, le chant a évolué vers un truc plus Triviumien, ce qui me déçoit pas mal parce que j'aime pas trop ces parties doucereuses harmonisées à la sauce MTV, mais bon question de goût, mais surtout je trouve que ca colle pas avec l'agressivité du reste.

Le son est excellent, un poil trop clean mais ca bourre bien. On verra après plusieurs écoutes, faudra que je jette une oreille sur les opus précédents, sachant j'avais trouvé ETG sympa mais un peu tourne en rond.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Gig a écrit :Les détracteurs persisteront à n'y voir qu'une pâle resucée doublée de relents vocaux Hetfieldiens -et ils n'auraient pas tout à fait tort-, mais je trouve pas ça dégueu.
Carrément réussi même ce titre. :guitare:
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Le guitariste Ol' Drake quitte le groupe:
Guitarist Ol Drake has announced his departure from British thrashers EVILE.

His official statement on the matter reads as follows:
"It's been half my life (15 years) since I started jamming in a room with three other guys, in a group in which I didn't know would grow to be EVILE, go through what EVILE has gone through and achieve what EVILE has so far achieved.

"Since 1999, I've put 100% of my time and life into the band we formed, while us all had/have to sacrifice a lot financially and personally along the way. "I've had some of the best times of my life in the past 15 years and met some amazing and fascinating people. I've had the huge honour to play a part in so many things I'd never have dreamed of: paying tribute to Dimebag [PANTERA] by covering 'Cemetery Gates' in Metal Hammer; supporting MEGADETH, EXODUS and many bands I grew up listening to; playing and recording with DESTRUCTION; touring/seeing places in the world I'd never have got to see otherwise and many more.

"Over the past year, I've, unfortunately, found myself becoming more and more detached from the touring/band lifestyle. "In my opinion, the music business for a band of our genre and 'level' determines a very unrealistic way of life to me, and I personally find it difficult to make a living and have a 'normal' life. "This is not a plea for sympathy, I'm simply being honest.

"I've reached a point where I want a family/kids, a house, a steady and definite income and everything in between, and in regard to my personal preferences, a touring band's income and uncertainties, in the state that I feel they would continue to be in, has become incompatible with how I feel and what I want/need. "There is no animosity between the rest of the band and I. This is purely a personal and financial decision I've been mulling over for a while and I wish them all the best for the future.

"I am not unappreciative of the position EVILE has in the music world; I know a lot of people would love to be where EVILE are.

"I want to thank each and every person who supports the band, and I want to extend a special thanks to Digby and the Earache Records crew. "Huge apologies to anyone this disappoints, but I have to do what makes sense to me.

"I am not quitting writing or playing; I do plan on continuing to record and write my own music (solo project, general composing/recording etc), I just won't be touring etc.

"I'll still be playing the two upcoming festival shows EVILE have.

"You can keep up to date with what I'll be doing on my Twitter or on Facebook.

"A big thank you to everyone!
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/evile- ... TaEKVOw.99
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Ol Drake (ex-Evile) : 1er album solo

Album qui sortira en juin chez Earache et voit les participations de plusieurs guests prestigieux :

The single "Guitarists Playing Guitars" is available on Spotify and iTunes featuring Gary Holt (Exodus, Slayer), James Murphy (Death, Obituary, Testament), Josh Middleton (Sylosis) and Mike Heller (Fear Factory, Malignancy).
'OLD RAKE' is available to pre-order now on CD and limited edition signed CD. There is also a deluxe 242-page GUITAR & BASS tablature/notation book, transcribed by yours truly. A PDF teaser is available here: http://bit.ly/1D5ofws

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Du beau monde mais rien de bien passionnant sur ce single, ça fait plus musique de fond qu'autre chose...
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

14 minutes d'extraits à se "farcir" :D :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils sont de retour, et leur guitariste aussi.
Since their formation in 2004, British thrash titans Evile have been turning heads and taking names, delivering four pure thrash offerings blended with an uncompromising death metal assault! Their upcoming fifth studio album, entitled Hell Unleashed, will impact the metal masses on April 30 via Napalm Records, and is the long-awaited successor to their 2013 release, Skull. Featuring the new exciting line-up formation of the talented Ol Drake on vocals/guitars and new member Adam Smith of RipTide as rhythm guitarist, Hell Unleashed is a raucous and masterful thrash metal attack.

Ol Drake comments: "After a long eight years, Evile is finally coming back with our fifth studio album, 'Hell Unleashed' in April; a nine-track onslaught of unrelenting Thrash Metal. I have no qualms in saying that this is the best Thrash Metal album in at least the last 20 years. Those who haven't been keeping up with Evile may notice a change in vocals and vocalist. Matt left the band last year for health and personal reasons, and we decided it would be best to keep the new vocalist a familiar face within the band, so I stepped into the vocalist shoes, while remaining on lead guitar and I'm very happy and excited to do it - one of my heroes is Chuck Schuldiner, so it made sense to me; Evile needs to sound evil and vile, and we've achieved that more this time with a much more aggressive approach on Hell Unleashed."

In celebration of their return and the announcement of Hell Unleashed, the band has just revealed a blistering music video for the album’s title track. With double the amount of power, twice the speed, untamed brute and blazing riffs, “Hell Unleashed” will propel old and new fans to the status of eternal mayhem and thrash euphoria. Watch below.

Ol Drake adds: "The title track 'Hell Unleashed' is the first single/video we're releasing, directed by James Mansell, who I previously worked with on some short films of his. We spoke for a while about maybe doing a music video for Evile and I'm so glad we did, as we're so happy with the result. We chose the title track as the first single as we wanted the first track you hear from us in so long to be a straight-to-the-point smack in the face and this definitely delivers. (**WARNING: The video contains flashing**)"

On their forthcoming album, the newly staffed four-piece strikes again on nine explosive tracks, leaving nothing but a hammering world of sound taken apart by thrash. Endangering guitar lines, which quickly build up to a furious thrash manifesto and attack the eardrum at breakneck speed, meet the merciless velocity Evile are known and loved for.

Hell Unleashed was produced by Chris Clancy at Backstage Studios, UK, and will not only feature some explosive guest backing vocals from American actor, musician and comedian Brian Posehn, who highlights the band’s irrepressible, speeding energy on the track “Gore”, but will also include a cover song.

Ol Drake continues: "This is the first album Evile have done to include a cover song in the tracklisting. I've been a big fan of death metal for a long time, and seeing as this album is on the more extreme side of Thrash vocally and musically, we thought it was a perfect opportunity to cover Mortician's 'Zombie Apocalypse'. It has one of the greatest riffs in it! We're also very excited about the return of the legendary Michael Whelan (Sepultura, Obituary, Stephen King) as cover artist. He did the art for our second album and he's always a pleasure to work with."

mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Mais du coup leur autre chanteur/guitariste est parti. C'etait le frere de Old Drake si mes souvenirs sont bon.

Le titre est correct, sans plus. Je trouve que ces groupes retro thrash (Gama Bomb et compagnie) des annees 2000-2010 ont assez mal vieillis avec le recul. Marrant, la presse a l'epoque les avait enscense comme "the next big thing". bref.....
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Evile (thrash metal, UK)

Message par Everflow »

Avec le comédien Brian Posehn :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau single, assez black album de qui vous savez.

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Le solo est bien meilleur ;)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Du thrash groovy 90's en prévision, un peu de Testament, de Metallica, voire Machine Head.
July 14 sees England's metal masters, Evile, strike again with their sixth full-length record, entitled The Unknown, via Napalm Records.

Today, the band have unleashed a lyric video for their vigorous new single, "Reap What You Sow” - a hammering world of sound that builds up to a stomping thrash manifesto.

Frontman Ol Drake offers: “The second single from The Unknown is 'Reap What You Sow' - a more up-tempo riff-fest. Without wanting to share too much about this track's personal meaning, this song is about hypocrisy; someone saying not to do something, then they do it themselves. I gave Ingo, the lyric video director, no direction other than the lyrics, so the video is his own interpretation of the song. There's a down-picking riff challenge in the middle section of the song. Enjoy!”

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Ca reste bien puissant et heavy j aime bien :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je me demande même si je ne préfère pas cette transition vers quelque chose de plus lourd, plutôt que leur rétro-thrash des débuts.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils s'essaient à la power ballade qui finit en groove :

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Du metallica black album mais sans whawha :lol: ca reste puissant avec une touche return to serenity :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Répondre