Orphaned Land : ORwarriOR

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Les Israëliens vont bientôt plancher sur leur nouvel album :rock: . Ils ont choisi Steven Wilson comme producteur.

Israeli metal band ORPHANED LAND have announced that Steven Wilson of PORCUPINE TREE will produce their next album, entitled "The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR".

Commented ORPHANED LAND vocalist Kobi Farhi: "We are a big fans of Steven's works, we are very much exited that we will work together and we are sure we will make an unforgettable album!"

Added Wilson: "I'm very happy to have the opportunity to work with ORPHANED LAND, one of the most unique and ambitious metal bands on the scene. I know we are going to make an extraordinary album together."

ORPHANED LAND is a band which combines progressive heavy/death-metal rock with ethnic Middle Eastern/Arabic/Israeli elements, a unique hybrid of styles that contributed to Steven's decision to work with them. The group have recorded three albums to date, the most recent of which, "Mabool", was their Century Media debut.

Existing completely outside of the mainstream, ORPHANED LAND have managed to create a large worldwide following, and their recent appearances in Europe and the USA at the ProgPower festivals have brought them to the attention of a whole new audience. Wilson is, of course, known from his main project PORCUPINE TREE as well as the producer of three of OPETH's albums.

With regards to the next album's concept, Farhi had previously stated, "The next ORPHANED LAND album will deal with the war of light and darkness. We've dealt with this topic in the past, yet this time the emphasis will be on the hero of this war — The Warrior of Light (Lohem Ha'or in Hebrew).

"Every year in late December there's a day where the longest night and shortest day (light time) is measured, meaning that the days to arrive after that night are getting longer, and the nights turn shorter. Spiritual[ly], it's the rebirth of light and death of the darkness. ORPHANED LAND's comeback show in 2001 was exactly on this day, without us paying attention even to this fact. Some might say its coincidence; some will claim for a 'guiding hand from above', your choice…

"Why do we deal with the war of light? The light is the source for everything on this planet; we are all sons and warriors of light. Even if we're not aware of it, we all fight for our right to shed light into this hectic world. In 'Mabool', for example, the three heroes where well-aware of them being Warriors of Light, trying to find for mankind's right to awake and possibly turn back the faith of darkness being brought to earth by the flood. In the meantime, many of us live in confusion, suffering and despair, full of sadness and being let down, leading to self-destruction and lack of self-security. We re-live the traumas of the past, while happiness stays 'somewhere in the future.' The 'here and now' is almost inexistent in our lives."

ORPHANED LAND have yet to set a date to begin recording the new album, as they are still working the new material for the new effort. More details will be made available during the coming months.

For more information, visit http://www.orphaned-land.com.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Kenshiro
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Message par Kenshiro »

Voila une bonne nouvelle, déjà qu'il avait fallu attendre une eternité pour le superbe "Mabool", ça sera pas le cas cette fois ci. :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur batteur a quitté le groupe.

Et une p'tite vidéo du Dong Open Air pour la route :pointer:
+ des photos de leur concert à Lisbonne : http://flickr.com/photos/mgaiveo/sets/7 ... 727541898/
Israeli metal band ORPHANED LAND has parted ways with drummer Avi Diamond. The group's official statement on the matter reads as follows:

"If there's a lesson to be taken from nature's seasons, it is that everything is dynamic around us, and it's nature's way to remind us that we need to freshen up and move on from time to time.

"After several years filled with challenges and hard work, we've utilized our work with Avi Diamond.

"During this period we've recorded the album 'Mabool', toured the globe, headlined festivals and dozens of events worldwide. We've put the Israeli metal scene into the spot-lights, and created precedents in the metal world as a whole, and in the Israeli metal history in particular.

"Avi Diamond is a world-class professional drummer and we had the privilege to play with one of the best drummers in the scene.

"We are not disqualifying the opportunity to return and work together in the future.

"We are confident that Avi will succeed in his path ahead, and wish him best of luck and all the greatness that this world has to offer."
ORPHANED LAND vocalist Kobi Farhi recently stated about the group's current activities, "We are still in the writing process of our next album, 'OrwarriOR'. We know it [is taking] quite a while, but you all know how complex our latest album, 'Mabool', was and we want to give you no less than that. The final result is most important to us and we simply haven't found the formula to produce an album every year. However, I can assure you that your patience will be rewarded! Right now, to keep the flame burning, we have confirmed a few headline and co-headline shows on some summer festivals and we hope to meet all of you there!"
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

J'adore leur reprise de Paradise Lost (Mercy) ... c'était ma participation constructive à ce topic :D
ImageImageImage
Le Cerveau
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Le Cerveau »

Beaucoup de news autour du groupe. Mabool est pour moi l'un des meilleur album métal jamais enregistré. Par contre il me semblait que leur batteur n'était pas un membre permanent du groupe mais juste un musicien de session. Dommage tout de même pour les Israeliens qui perdent un excellent musicien dont le travail sur le dernier album est remarquable.
Moi, je casse le vent
J'fais chier les gens
Ca me purifie
C'est important.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

L'enregistrement avance :
Kobi Farhi : "Drums, percussions, bass, all kinds of guitars, violins, piano and oriental instruments (Buzouki, Saz, Cumbus and more) have already been recorded and right now I am recording my vocals which include narrations, clean singing, Arabic chants and growls. Female vocals are being recorded in the coming days, too. Since I sing in so many different ways, this experience is very tough for me and I have to deal with many kinds of atmospheres, styles and languages (including English, Hebrew and Arabic).

Last week we took a break from the recordings while Steven Wilson came to visit us in Israel and had a first session with us in the studio. Steve listened with us to the whole album and mentioned that this is easily our best work so far!

Steve will do the keyboards and mixing once we have finished recording vocals, which is supposed to happen within the next 2-3 weeks. We are excited to hear the results that will come from Steven's studio and we are sure that together we will be able to deliver a fantastic album for the Middle Eastern metal scene and one of the most interesting and original albums the worldwide metal scene has ever known!

We are looking forward to sharing this album with you and can't wait to hit the road again to play live for you!"
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

Everflow a écrit :L'enregistrement avance :
3 ans après, il était temps :D

J'ai bien hâte en tout cas :bang:
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
sarah
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par sarah »

Comme dirait Steven Wilson : "ils sont très lents" :mad:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Orphaned Land : ORwarriOR

Message par Everflow »

Un premier aperçu est écoutable sur leur site : http://orphaned-land.com/
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

YEAH :rock:
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
fabrice
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par fabrice »

Everflow a écrit :Sortie annoncée pour le 10 janvier.
Israel's progressive folk metal masters ORPHANED LAND are scheduled to release their new album, "The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR", in January 2010 via Century Media Records. The highly anticipated follow-up to 2004's "Mabool" was mixed by legendary musician/producer Steven Wilson (PORCUPINE TREE, OPETH) and was previously described by ORPHANED LAND vocalist Kobi Farhi as "one of the most interesting and original albums the worldwide metal scene has ever known!"
:yeah:
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

n'empêche s'ils mettent plus de 5 ans à sortir leurs albums à chaque fois c'est un peu chiant
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

* "The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR", le nouveau ORPHANED LAND sortant le 25 janvier 2010 chez Century Media Records, contiendra quinze titres qui se décomposeront en trois chapitres à savoir :

Part I: Godfrey's Cordial – An ORphan's Life: 01.Sapari 02.From Broken Vessels 03.Bereft In The Abyss 04.The Path Part 1 – Treading Through Darkness 05.The Path Part 2 – The Pilgrimage To Or Shalem 06.Olat Ha'tamid, Part II: Lips Acquire stains – The WarriOR Awakens: 07.The Warrior 08.His Leaf Shall Not Wither 09.Disciples Of The Sacred Oath II 10.New Jerusalem 11.Vayehi Or 12.M I ? Part III: Barakah – Enlightening The Cimmerian: 13.Barakah 14.Codeword: uprising 15.In Thy Never Ending Way (Epilogue).
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le concept (assez révélateur sur la photo promo) :

Vocalist Kobi Farhi comments on the album's concept and the striking new promo photo (see below): "First of all, I wish to thank each and every one of you for all the comments you left for our new band photo. The comments were from Jews, Christians and Muslims as one. You all know that this unification is what we're all about.

"'The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR' is a concept album revolving around a hero: the warrior of light. This hero isn't someone specific, but could be the listener of the album himself, as this album deals with the problems we are facing in our lives every day. Especially here, in the Middle East, we feel that we are trapped in a loop of confusion and darkness. Living in this region, we see that year after year nothing changes. People continue to die in useless wars and we are trapped in a bloody circle. ORPHANED LAND has been around for 18 years and we continue to sing about the same subjects and stories, because after 18 years we are still living in a tragic, orphaned land. To fight this tragedy we have chosen a peaceful, yet powerful weapon: our music."

Farhi previously stated about the upcoming CD: "As people that were born into the tragedy of our region, we have always been devoted to creating harmony between conflicts, a musical heaven on earth, a tango between God and Satan. Even in the album's artwork we combined Hebrew and Arabic, regardless of the fight between Jews and Muslims. I found a Jordanian guy, specialized in calligraphic artwork. He took letters from Hebrew and Arabic and moulded them in his art to create a symbol of peace. Same goes for our band photo, where we portrayed a synergy between the three monotheistic religions that believe in the same God and yet ridiculously have been killing each other for centuries 'in the name of God' and turned the holy land into an orphaned land. Naturally, we continued this idea of union on a musical level as well and the result is as always crazy, it's a miracle — in our concerts: our Jewish fans sing in Arabic and our Muslim fans sing in Hebrew, brave friendships have spawned and our Middle Eastern metal music destroys all this political witchcraft we have been trapped in for so long. This is a musical journey of hope in lands of war, creating heaven on earth, building a new Jerusalem."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La bande-annonce :

[youtube][/youtube]
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

Raaaaah j'ai hâte!!!
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

Si ils veulent faire une tournée commune avec Mezarkabul et viendre en France du côté de Lyon j'en serai fort aise. :D
ImageImageImage
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

comment ça déchirerait ça :bang:

(mais pas à Lyon parce que c'est tout pourri et qu'en plus ça sera annulé... :D )
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Concernant la participation de Steven Wilson de Porcupine Tree :
UK progsters PORCUPINE TREE have issued the following update:

"Steven Wilson recently played keyboards and mixed the fourth album by Israeli progressive metal band ORPHANED LAND. For those who have never heard the band, they are perhaps best described as what Opeth might sound like if they had come from the Middle East instead of Scandanavia. The music has a similar scope and degree of layered sophistication. But the sound of Orphaned Land is very much inspired by their roots, sung in English, Hebrew and Arabic, and featuring many traditional middle eastern instruments. The album The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR is an ambitious and impressive 75 minute conceptual piece combining heavy music and breathtaking beauty.

It is released by Century Media in several editions on February 9th, 2010 in North America and January 25th in Europe.

The band is preparing to launch a series of introspective webisodes documenting the making of the album and the first album trailer can be viewed now at the band's official YouTube page (see below). This clip features some commentary from Steven Wilson and the band mixed in with live performance footage from Tel Aviv."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Titres et pochette :

Part I: Godfrey's Cordial – An ORphan's Life

01. Sapari
02. From Broken Vessels
03. Bereft In The Abyss
04. The Path Part 1 – Treading Through Darkness
05. The Path Part 2 – The Pilgrimage To Or Shalem
06. Olat Ha'tamid

Part II: Lips Acquire stains – The WarriOR Awakens

07. The Warrior
08. His Leaf Shall Not Wither
09. Disciples Of The Sacred Oath II
10. New Jerusalem
11. Vayehi Or
12. M I ?

Part III: Barakah – Enlightening The Cimmerian

13. Barakah
14. Codeword: uprising
15. In Thy Never Ending Way (Epilogue)

Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

pas mal la pochette :up:
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

ça c'est pas de la pochette mainstream qui pue :amour:
ImageImageImage
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

le titre "Sapari" est en écoute à cette adresse: http://metalist.co.il/NewsPrivate.asp?id=2847
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

excellent! Ah vivement qu'il sorte cet album!
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

Excellent titre :up:
ImageImageImage
Répondre