Uriah Heep - Wake The Sleeper

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur nouvel album est annoncé, 10 ans après "Sonic Origami" quand même! Pas pressés les vieux...

ça sortira en juin.
Universal Music has announced the release of a new studio album from British rock legends URIAH HEEP in June 2008.

"Wake The Sleeper" will be URIAH HEEP's first studio album in almost ten years (the first since 1998's "Sonic Origami") and is set to herald an exciting new phase for the band. The album sees URIAH HEEP back to their very best and is set to become a future classic — sure to please their dedicated worldwide fan base and fans of progressive rock in general. Recorded in 2007 the album was produced by Mike Paxman (STATUS QUO, JUDIE TZUKE). In the words of Mick Box, "We are delighted to be reunited with a major label in Universal music. 'Wake The Sleeper' is an album we are incredibly proud of, and one that we hope the fans will see as one of URIAH HEEP's best. We can't wait to get back out on the road to showcase the new songs."

The live arena has been vital to the longevity of URIAH HEEP. So in addition to album sales of over 30 million worldwide the band have toured in 52 countries and established themselves as consummate live performers. The band has a series of impressive firsts including being the first British rock band to play Russia in December 1987.

This is the band's first album without their long-standing and original drummer Lee Kerslake who sadly had to leave the band due to ill health in January 2007. Filling the drum stool for the very first time is the hugely well-respected Russell Gilbrook (Tony Iommi, Van Morrison, John Farnham and Lonnie Donnegan).

Current band lineup is:

Mick Box - Guitar, Vocals
Trevor Bolder - Bass, Vocals
Phil Lanzon - Keyboards, Vocals
Bernie Shaw - Lead Vocals
Russell Gilbrook - Drums, Vocals

"Wake The Sleeper" track listing:

01. Wake The Sleeper
02. Overload
03. Tears Of the World
04. Light Of A Thousand Stars
05. Heavens Rain
06. Book Of Lies
07. What Kind Of God
08. Ghost Of The Ocean
09. Angels Walk With You
10. Shadow
11. War Child

URIAH HEEP's progressive heavy metal made the British band one of the most popular hard rock groups of the early '70s. Formed by guitarist Mick Box and vocalist David Byron in the late '60s, URIAH HEEP released their debut album "Very 'eavy... Very 'umble" in 1970. Since then the band have released 20 studio albums and played to millions of fans across the globe. URIAH HEEP remain one of British rock's most consistent and long-standing acts, with album sales of over 30 million worldwide. "Wake The Sleeper" will be URIAH HEEP's 21st studio album.

"Wake The Sleeper" will also be released on vinyl as a 12" limited edition in a stunning gatefold sleeve.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Pour avoir entendu deux des nouveaux titres en live, j'ecouterai forcement car ils etaient très bons ! :bravo:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Universal Music are delighted to announce the release of a new studio album from British rock legends Uriah Heep in June 2008.

"Wake The Sleeper" will be Uriah Heep's first studio album in almost ten years (the first since 1998's "Sonic Origami" ) and is set to herald an exciting new phase for the band. The album sees Uriah Heep back to their very best and is set to become a future classic - sure to please their dedicated worldwide fan base and fans of progressive rock in general. Recorded in 2007 the album was produced by Mike Paxman (Status Quo, Judie Tzuke). In the words of Mick Box, "We are delighted to be reunited with a major label in Universal music. 'Wake The Sleeper' is an album we are incredibly proud of, and one that we hope the fans will see as one of Uriah Heep's best. We can't wait to get back out on the road to showcase the new songs."

The live arena has been vital to the longevity of Uriah Heep. So in addition to album sales of over 30 million worldwide the band have toured in 52 countries and established themselves as consummate live performers. The band has a series of impressive firsts including being the first British rock band to play Russia in December 1987.

This is the band's first album without their long-standing and original drummer, Lee Kerslake who sadly had to leave the band due to ill health in January 2007. Filling the drum stool for the very first time is the hugely well respected Russell Gilbrook (Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath), Van Morrison, John Farnham and Lonnie Donnegan). Current band line up is Mick Box - Guitar, Vocals; Trevor Bolder - Bass, Vocals; Phil Lanzon - Keyboards, Vocals; Bernie Shaw - Lead Vocals and Russell Gilbrook - Drums, Vocals.

Uriah Heep's progressive heavy metal made the British band one of the most popular hard rock groups of the early '70s. Formed by guitarist Mick Box and vocalist David Byron in the late '60s, Uriah Heep released their debut album "Very 'eavy... Very 'umble" in 1970. Since then the band have released 20 studio albums and played to millions of fans across the globe. Uriah Heep remain one of British rock's most consistent and long standing acts with album sales of over 30 million worldwide. "Wake The Sleeper" will be Uriah Heep's 21st studio album.

Wake The Sleeper will also be released on Vinyl as a 12" Limited Edition in a stunning gatefold sleeve.
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Les nouveaux morceaux qui trainent sur youtube sont excellents! Ca promet! :)
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

j'ai hâte d'entendre cela! :rock:
schimansky
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par schimansky »

Je souhaite acheter un dvd live de Uriah Heep et le choix est grand.
Lequel conseillez-vous (qualité du son, choix des morceaux, anciens, classiques, nouveaux)
Merci pour vos infos.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

^ On en parle un peu mais pas beaucoup dans ce topic qu'on pourrait ressusciter pour l'occasion :)

http://defender.metal-live.com/viewtopi ... h+heep+dvd
schimansky
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par schimansky »

Merci pour le lien :oui:
Firefly
Traveler in Time
Traveler in Time

Message par Firefly »

Pour ceux qui aimeraient voir Uriah Heep en france visitez ce lien: http://heep-made-in-france.actifforum.c ... e-t271.htm
Pour le dvd je conseillerai Acoustically Driven ou The Magician's Birthday Party (avec Hensley et Lawton en +)
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

On peut écouter des extraits (beaucoup trop courts) ici : http://www.secondwave.co.uk/heep/wts/wtsplayer.html
Et il y a deux vidéos officielles de nouveaux morceaux ici : http://www.wake-the-sleeper.com/
Ça m'a l'air vraiment pas mal ! :rock: Le son est pas assez 70s, mais en même temps... :D
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Alors personne ne l'a depuis sa sortie début juin ? Moi je l'ai pas vu dans les bacs ici, j'attends le Metal Market de Wacken.
noise
Tormentor
Tormentor

Message par noise »

Je l'ai, il est excellent, péchu et efficace, par contre pour le trouver merci, vive le metal market du graspop
Firefly
Traveler in Time
Traveler in Time

Message par Firefly »

Sur eBay il est trouvable mais en France :putain:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview de Mick Box, seul membre originel encore présent :

http://www.guitarsite.com/news/features ... _mick_box/
Greg Prato of GuitarSite.com recently conducted an interview with URIAH HEEP founding guitarist Mick Box. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

GuitarSite.com: How do you compare URIAH HEEP 2008 to earlier versions of the group?

Box: Ah, that is a tough one. I would say though that this lineup has the same chemistry as the classic early version of the '70s line-up. I feel the 2008 version has the same creative output and passion for our music that we had back then. Good melodic rock songs and a strong lyric has always been important to us.

GuitarSite.com: How did "Wake the Sleeper" come about?

Box: Well, it has been a long time between studio albums. We have a saying here in England that is "wake a sleeping giant," and we thought that pretty much summed us up in the new album stakes after a 10-year hiatus. We shortened that to "Wake the Sleeper", and that became the title. Also, the cover by Ioannis fits perfectly with the female Buddha awakening from her meditative state with the glow of enlightenment in her hand. The first track on the CD comes in with immense power, passion, and energy, and sets the tone for the rest of the CD. Apart from the chant of "Wake the Sleeper", it is all pretty much instrumental.

GuitarSite.com: How about some standout memories of the "Wake the Sleeper" sessions?

Box: Standout memories of us all being in the same room recording the backing tracks as a band. We did not want to do this piecemeal — whereby the drummer gets his parts and you slowly build up the track, by adding each instrument as you go along. We wanted to play as a band on one pulse, and this captured the band in full flight. It was great as you had to be on top of your game because if you made a mistake, then you had to do the whole thing again — as the mistake could be heard on every microphone so there was no safety net. We chose a track and rehearsed it to the point where we were all happy with it. Pushed the record button, and between 1-3 takes we had it in the bag. Boy, it was loud in that room though. This was Mike Paxman, the producer's, idea, as he heard us in rehearsal and said that's the power he wanted on the CD. Mike did not sit in the control room like the usual producers do, he was in the room with us in the heart of it soaking up the vibe.

GuitarSite.com: How did the recent Rottenburg Prison gig (see video below) come about, and what are some memories of that show?

Box: We were headlining a huge show in Stuttgart, Germany called the Rock of Ages festival. The prison was 10 minutes from the festival site. The warden asked us if we would play in the prison the day before. As it was easy to arrange logistically, as all of the equipment was there, we agreed. It was a very strange experience because you cannot expect all of the prisoners to be URIAH HEEP fans. However, by the end of the show, they were all shouting for more, waving their fists in the air, and crowding the front of the stage. The memory that will always remain with me is that one of our most famous songs in Germany is called "Free Me". So we played that, and there was the warden standing by the prison guard, who was standing by the prisoners all singing "Free me" at the top of their voices. Bernie changed the lyric to "Free me from my cell," and they loved it. Such is the power of music. At least we gave them escapism of the mind for 1 ½ hours.
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Punaise...Qu'il est dur à trouver! Mon père à réussi à le choper chez un petit disquaire allemand. Je l'ai donc écouté et il est chouette cet album. Comme dit, il est bien rentre dedans pour du Heep. Y a des titres marquants, d'autres qui le sont moins, mais dans l'ensemble c'est un bon album :) :) :rock:
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Je l'ai commandé aux US via Price Minister, à Import cds. 8,50 euros neuf. Mais je l'attends encore.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mick Box sur ces changements de line-up :

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/Int ... Heep08.htm
Classic Rock Revisited founder Jeb Wright recently spoke to URIAH HEEP guitarist Mick Box about the band's new album, Wake The Sleeper. The following is an excerpt from the interview.

Jeb: This is first album with Russell Gilbrook on drums. You don’t just go out and replace a legend like Lee Kerslake.

Mick: "I thought Lee and I would be in the same band until we died with our boots on but it wasn’t meant to be. We had done a long, acoustic tour that went right through Scandinavia and Germany and I sat down with Lee and said, 'I think we need to assess a few things. If you haven’t got your health, then you haven’t got anything.' I told him that he needed time to get a few things in order. To be honest with you, he agreed. It was almost like a big weight was taken off his shoulders. I told him, 'We are going to take some time and start writing for the new album and then we are going to go on an 18-month tour. You really need to get a few things in your life in order.' It is not just one thing or another; there were other things as well, but my concern was his health. If he were to continue like this then who knows what could have happened. Having made that decision, which was very difficult, we had always said that we were mates first and musicians second. I ring him up every week to see how he is doing. He is in a good head space now; he is brighter and more vibrant than he has been for a long while."

Jeb: A lot of people look at Uriah Heep as Mick Box’s band. But this lineup, apart from Russell has been together for twenty years.

Mick: "A lot of that comes from the fact that I was also managing the band and being the tour manager. Previous to me taking over that rôle, we were very unhappy with management because you get ripped off on all sorts of things. With me doing it, my heart and soul were in the right place. When other people were making the decisions, this was not always so. I made a vow halfway down my career that I would only work with people that I really liked — including crew members, agents and everything. I have stuck to that and it has worked really well for us. Everyone likes being in the band and everyone wants to be in the band."
Firefly
Traveler in Time
Traveler in Time

Message par Firefly »

Ils seront à Paris à l'Olympia avec BOC en Décembre 2009.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

A moins que ce soit une nouvelle date, c'est le 5 avril normalement. ;)

http://www.francebillet.com/place-spect ... -OLOYS.htm
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Ils ont joué l'album en intégralité lors de leur passage à Saarbrücken avec Thin Lizzy.
Mouais... il y a du l'excellent et du bien chiant. Notamment des tentatives de riffs modernes, froids, répétitifs et sans intérêt. Ban, c'est pas tout le temps non plus... Dès que ça sonne 70's, ça le fait grave par-contre, et le chanteur est pas dégueux.
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Je l'apprécie beaucoup de dernier opus ! Il tourne pas mal. Y a du "déchet", mais aussi de l'excellent :yeah:
Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

je viens de le capter. Faut que je creuse encore avant de bien le maîtriser, mais il commence bien fort! Ca a la patate.
Cruchot jr
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Cruchot jr »

Je le trouve très bon malgré deux titres un peu chiant sur la fin. Dès l'intro on ne peut qu'être captivé.
Il y a des chances qu'il soit de nouveau cité dans mes classements sur le topic de McBrain :D
I pledge to keep it alive ! I promise: metal will thrive !
I swear myself to the cause ! I'll teach all the metal laws !

http://defender.metal-live.com/viewtopi ... =9&t=18665
norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

Je l'aime bien aussi cet album. En live ça doit être bien classe.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Répondre