DARKTHRONE - CIRCLE THE WAGONS

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Moi je dis de se vouer au saint en armure.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

un premier extrait:

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

Yeah! Plus ça va plus je finis par apprécier ce groupe! haha!
norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

Excellent ce titre ! J'aime beaucoup le solo à la fin.

J'ai pré-commandé le LP ce matin chez Peaceville. :rock:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tony Le Pouilleux

Eyes Burst at Dawn = :rock: :rock: :rock:
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
AdrieN
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par AdrieN »

TERRIBLE!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Fire, fire, FIRE, WALK WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!
Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

La nouvelle compilation TRAPPED UNDER VICE vient d'être mise en ligne. Cette fois _ci c'est l'aspect Punk/Métal qui est mis en avant:

http://www.viceland.com/music/2010/03/a ... e-vol-iii/
norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

Je viens de la charger, bon je finis de m'écouter 2 ou 3 fois CIRCLE THE WAGONS et j'attaque ce troisième volume de TRAPPED UNDER VICE ! :D

Fenriz metal is the law !!!!
norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

METAL PUNK BLISS MIX

My idea here was just to show what metal punk CAN BE FOR ME, and what it was my entire life!

All of the vinyls were pulled out of the shelves, those vinyls I always had since the 80s, plus one
from the new Darkthrone test press. In the beginning I thought y’all could figure out the track listing
by helping each other out on the comments page, but then that COULD be braindead and also…

…some people are squares. So, here’s the tracklisting of this continuous two vinyl decks and mixer comp:

OH, and the first track is there to throw off the posers. Again.

00:00 Sacrilege (UK) “Search Eternal” (1987) None more epic, mesmerised me from an early age.
10:36 Puke (Sweden) “Klockan Går, Klämtar Och Slår” (1987) The mid-part has a gorgeous riff.
14:17 Voivod (Canada) “Tornado” (1987) OK, so I “always” drop this track.
20:18 Onslaught (UK) “The Devil’s Legion” (1985) Cuz “Thermonuclear” is a bit overplayed.
24:24 Iron Maiden (UK) “Purgatory” (1981) Yeah, definitely metal NWOBHM-punk.
27:40 Carnivore (USA) “Inner Conflict” (1987) Talk about trademark bass-sound!
32:40 English Dogs (UK) “Enter the Domain” (1987) A WATER-intro, no less.
37:47 Metallica (USA) “Metal Militia” (1983) Hell yeah, metal punk aesthetic.
42:53 Darkthrone (Norway) “I Am the Graves of the 80s” (2010) Why ain’t my last name ANDERSON?!
45:44 Dr. Know (USA) “War Theatre” (1988) From grossly underestimated album.
50:27 Motörhead (UK) “Fire, Fire” (1980) The last part ALWAYS give me goosebumps. holy SHIT!
53:00 Celtic Frost (Switzerland) “Into the Crypts of Rays” (1984) C’mon, I had to.
#goodbye-track#
57:14 Warfare (UK) “Murder on Melrose” (1986) This features the only good mixing-transition on this mix, haha!

Fenriz
Tony Le Pouilleux

Darkthrone en bande dessinée!
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Je l'ai toujours pas écouté :(
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Tony Le Pouilleux

En bon boulet, j'avais oublié de mettre le lien. http://www.peaceville.com/darkthrone/ci ... index1.php
Et moi aussi, je ne l'ai pas encore écouté.
Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

Bien fandard ce truc! nagawika est vraiment super bon!
norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

Excellente cette bd. J'adore la question du "journaliste Polonais" ! :lol:

Sinon les gars je vous conseille vivement de vous précipiter sur Circle The Wagons ! Une bonne dose de Heavy, une bonne dose de Speed, une bonne dose de Celtic Frost, une bonne dose de Punk et le tour est joué !
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Autant les deux derniers Darkthrone passaient pas trop mal, autant là, je peux plus ! :/
je trouve ça quelconque, insipide, à la limite de la bouillie sonore...
En fait, deux/trois titres ça passe, mais tout l'album non merci... :hum:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

J'adore ce dernier opus, c'est le plus déjanté de leur dernière période! Des riffs et des refrains qui claquent leur mère. Ultime!
hallowedhail
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par hallowedhail »

Je connaissais le groupe que de réputation, j'avais essayé de m'y mettre avec des anciens albums mais pas moyen, trop froid pour moi. Mais là je suis en train d'écouter ce nouvel album et ça me botte bien : c'est rock'n'roll en diable, si les albums récents sont tous comme ça je risque de me laisser tenter ! :rock:
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Une petite interview dans Guitar World ! Pas super intéressant, mais bon, je partage ! :D

Fenriz, the multi-instrumentalist of the legendary Norwegian black metal band Darkthrone, discusses the guitar, his first gig and his philosophy on playing live.

You played all the instruments on some of Darkthrone’s releases. What inspired you to play guitar?

The hunger to make metal. My parents refused to give me an electric guitar. I had to strum away at the nylon-string acoustic guitar they bought me. An uncle taught me the “Smoke on the Water” riff around 1983, but I preferred to make up stuff. In ’84, I finally learned a riff I really liked—the refrain riff to Iron Maiden’s “Powerslave.”

What was your first electric guitar?

An Aria Pro II. It didn’t matter, though. I never gave a shit about musicians or their brands much.

Were you inspired by any particular guitarist?

No, my approach was always pragmatic. The word “instrument” means “tool,” and that’s how I always used instruments: as tools to make my songs. I have a loose way of playing guitar. I guess I sound like a sloppy Tony Iommi: lots of vibrating notes and string pulling.

What was your first gig like?

I’m probably one of the few people in the world who played my first gig without having attended a gig by another band. I was very nervous that I wouldn’t remember the songs, but I also worried that the other guys would fuck up. To this day, I only really trust myself…and barely!

It was in spring 1988, at a “battle of the bands” thing called Follorocken. Ted [Skjellum, a.k.a. Darkthrone guitarist-vocalist Nocturno Culto] came to the show so he could check us out and see if he wanted to join the band. I sang and drummed at the same time, and Ronny [Sorkness], the vocalist in Valhall, said my vocals sounded walrus-y, which was probably very true. Amazingly, Ted joined Darkthrone after that gig.

It’s well known that Darkthrone refuse to play live nowadays. Was there a specific gig that made you want to stop playing out?

All of them. I didn’t even like it when people came to see us rehearse. Since I was a kid growing up with music in the Seventies, I only wanted to make albums. I never saw myself up onstage. Not playing live is my religion. I could write a book series about it.

What advice do you have for guitarists?

None. Learn yourself. Everyone does blues licks or Steve Vai over-the-top weird shit. Do proper solos instead…like Iron Maiden.
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
SophiePetoncule
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par SophiePetoncule »

Bien aimé ce Circle of Wagon et en particulier le titre éponyme...
Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

Une excellente interview pleine d'intelligence dans ce monde aseptisé!

http://www.nocturnalcult.com/Darkthrone2010int.html
norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

Merci Bib et Nathagnöle pour les interview !

Je mets juste la liste des groupes que Fenriz cite dans l'interview pour nocturnalcult. La liste est divisé en 2, d'abord les groupes des années 90 à 2010 qu'il supporte puis les groupes plus anciens qui l'on plus ou moins inspiré :
you could take all our albums and then trace the inspirations till bands from 83-93, but the last years i've kinda gone more to some other bands i liked in those years and also the years before back to when i grew up in the 70s and beyond. you need a list, don't you?

OUR MUSIC FITS MORE IN WITH CURRENT BANDS LIKE THESE NOW, PERHAPS.and by CURRENT, i mean 90s, 00s, 10s. the 60s 70s 80s list will be listed at the bottom here.

GEHENNAH sweden - METALUCIFER - BLIZZARD germany - THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG - WOLF - ALPHA CENTAURI - METAL INQUISITOR - PORTRAIT - IN SOLITUDE - HELVETETS PORT - SPEED TRAP - ATLANTEAN KODEX - CHRISTIAN MISTRESS - DEMONS GATE - DOOMED BEAST - SONIC RITUAL - AURA NOIR - HARBINGER - ENFORCER - BLACKHOLICUS - HIGH SPIRITS - WHIP STRIKER - NOIA italy - OLD - ARIA/APUR ---------------------------------CRYSTAL VIPER - LONEWOLF - RÉSISTANCE - GHOST - SATINBLACK - IRON KOBRA - ARGUS -FUNERAL CIRCLE etc

THE OLD BANDS, mainly 70s 80s that we may or may not be influenced by;

MOTORHEAD, DIAMOND HEAD, HEAD HEAD HEAD (JUST KIDDING!), 1ST METAL CHURCH, AGENT STEEL 84-86, MANILLA ROAD, FINGERNAILS '88, FATES WARNING 2ND AND 3RD, ANTHRAX 83-85, ACCEPT up to '83, SAVAGE GRACE master of disguise, GRIFFIN protectors of the lair, ENGLISH DOGS, METALLICA 3 first, SATAN court in the act, JAGUAR power games, early SAXON, OZZY '80-'86, HELLOWEEN 2 first, IRON MAIDEN, TRÖJAN, BLACK SABBATH '70-'82, EXCITER heavy metal maniac, QUEENSRYCHE first EP and THE WARNING, GOTHAM CITY, WITCH CROSS, MERCYFUL FATE, THOR, HEAVY LOAD, ADX, HOLY TERROR, OVERKILL, TYRANT'S REIGN, BROCAS HELM, CIRITH UNGOL, ANGEL WITCH, WITCHFINDER GENERAL, CELTIC FROST, BATHORY, OSTROGOTH, TANK, SCORPIONS 70S, URIAH HEEP, RUSH, PENTAGRAM usa,BARON ROJO, TRUST, SAMSON, AC/DC, KISS, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM doomsday for the deceiver, OMEN '84-'86, DEAF DEALER 1st, DEATHSIDE
:rock:
Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

yeah! :cheers:
Tony Le Pouilleux

Norde, il faut faire la brochette avec Fenriz!
norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

Excuses moi mon vieux Tony mais tu peux me traduire l'expression "il faut faire la brochette" s'il te plait ? :D
Tony Le Pouilleux

Comment appelle-t'on six policiers qui s'enculent ? Une brochette de poulet.
norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

et pourquoi tu veux qu'on fasse la brochette alors ? ça me gène de parler de ces choses là en public ! :o :D
C'est pas parce que j'ai refusé tes avances qu'il faut te laisser aller...
Répondre