Y&T - Facemelter

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Toute la réclame ci-dessous sur ce nouvel album (premier en 13 ans) des rockeurs :

Y&T, featuring original members Dave Meniketti (vocals and lead guitars) and Phil Kennemore (bass), along with longtime members John Nymann (guitar) and Mike Vanderhule (drums), will release their first studio album in 13 years, Facemelter, in Europe on May 21st on Frontiers Records.

Samples for all tracks featured on the album are currently streaming at this location.

Meniketti recently posted the following update via the Y&T/Meniketti Forums:

"One of the hardest parts of this CD has been to pick the sequence on the CD and what songs were to be the 2 bonus tracks (one for Japan and one for Europe - which should be made available for download from our website near release). That was absolutely crazy on this CD. We had a hell of a time at it, especially because we had to do it before all the songs were sung or mixed yet so we didn't know if something would rise up and kick our asses later, or fall flat. Well as it happened, we don't think any of them fell flat so there ya have it. I believe this CD is one of those where once you get used to it, you'll be wondering how particular songs were stuck near the end of it. Obviously some of them just had to, so make sure you listen many times through every fargen song. There's no wasted space on this CD. Of course that's how we feel about it - but what do we know - too damn close to it.

So, next week we are to film our first video for the CD for the song 'I'm Coming Home'. Then right back in the studio to rehearse for the upcoming shows in May. The video will be available for viewing on YouTube soon enough and I understand it will get in rotation on HD-Net, among other places."

With a discography of 18 albums and three greatest hits collections, Y&T has sold over four million albums since their 1974 inception. The band has toured with numerous Rock icons including OZZY OSBOURNE, AC/DC, AEROSMITH, and MÖTLEY CRÜE, receiving constant and extensive airplay with hits such as 'Forever', 'Rescue Me', 'Mean Streak', and 'Summertime Girls'. Y&T songs have been featured in a multitude of movies and television shows, including Real Genius, Out of Bounds, Baywatch, and Hunter. After five US top 100 albums, songs that tipped into the 40s, two Bammie Awards, and many international television appearances, Y&T’s hits are still played nowadays on classic rock radio stations everywhere. Y&T’s high-energy music still captivates legions of fans around the globe, proving Y&T’s music timeless.

As the title indicates, Facemelter—the anticipated new recording—is a hard rockin’, song-oriented album that lives up to its name: it captures the band’s raw energy and tightness that they’ve become known for. Featuring heavy grooves, powerful guitars, and strong melodies, the band shows their versatility, delivering a range of high-energy rockers, mid-tempo head-bangers, modern rock grooves, majestic ballads, and signature Y&T rock anthems. To mark the return, the band engaged John Taylor Dismukes—the same artist who designed covers for Y&T’s classic albums Mean Streak, Black Tiger and In Rock We Trust—to create the amazing art of the new Facemelter.

“What a great feeling to dive back into making new Y&T music,” states Meniketti. “After being away from it for this long, the anticipation of writing a new CD worth of material was, at first, a bit scary, but as soon as we started up I was happy to find how natural it was to get right back in it again. I think we're going to have to keep this up, because musically and emotionally, we still have a lot to say!”

“It's ridiculous that we waited so long to make a new record,” states Phil Kennemore. “In creating new music for Facemelter, I rediscovered the most important thing for any artist, and that is to continue creating . . . it feeds my soul. My hope for Facemelter is that people might just find a few new favorite Y&T songs.”

"We recorded together to capture as much of a live feel as possible which I feel is the strong point of the band," adds Mike Vanderhule, while according to John Nymann, “The chemistry we have between us makes it so easy to develop ideas. Now that we are ignited with new material, I can't wait to bring it to the stage.”

Face-melting is a term that has been with Y&T since the mid-’70s, when a rabid fan ran backstage and told the band, “you melted my face,” which inspired the group’s first publishing company: Facemelting Music.

If you haven’t yet taken Y&T’s new album for a ride, grab your leathers, strap yourself in, and prepare to have your face melted.

Facemelter includes the following tracks:

'Prelude'
'On With The Show'
'One Life'
'Shine On'
'Wild Child'
'I Want Your Money'
'I’m Coming Home, If You Want Me'
'Hot Shot'
'How Long'
'Gonna Go Blind'
'Don’t Bring Me Down'
'Blind Patriot'
'Losing My Mind' *

* Bonus track included on the first pressing in digipak

Y&T is:
Dave Meniketti - lead vocals, lead guitars
Phil Kennemore - bass guitar, vocals
John Nymann - guitar, vocals
Mike Vanderhule - drums & percussion, vocals
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Des extraits de ce retour : http://www.meniketti.com/multimedia.html
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Un sacrée discographie eux aussi.
Va falloir que je m'y penche un peu plus.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Dark Avenger
Fan de Gojira et Pantera
Fan de Gojira et Pantera

Message par Dark Avenger »

Stanley_Gun a écrit :Un sacrée discographie eux aussi.
Va falloir que je m'y penche un peu plus.
Tu connais quels albums?
Ad Metal Eternam a écrit :Clair ! Et puis Thrashos a le truc qui fait les vrais thrasheux et que n'auront jamais les donneurs de leçons pseudo-élitistes qui croient tout savoir: il est sympa :yeah:
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

Tu sais, quand tu reponds a la suite t'es pas oblige de citer ;)
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le clip du titre "I'm Coming Home":

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

j'ai entendus des echos hyper positif de cet album, si quelqu'un l'a et peux en toucher 2 mots...
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

18 albums, ça c'est de la disco :o
steelprophet
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par steelprophet »

excellent album,je l'ai écouté 5-6 fois et c'est plutôt bien inspiré.un digne successeur de Mean Streak dans l'esprit.enfin une production digne de ce nom,chaude,profonde,pas surgonflée et artificielle !
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

vu la belle prestation au Hellfest, va falloir que je me le procure ce nouvel album! :rock:
Neytiri
Rainbow Demon
Rainbow Demon

Message par Neytiri »

très bon groupe !! :rock: Contente de leur retour. :)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur bassiste Phil Kennemeore a un cancer. :/
Bassist Phil Kennemeore of California rock veterans Y&T has released the following statement:

"To all of my dear friends and fans around the world and on the [official Y&T] forum, up to now you haven't heard much information (other than about my extreme back pain) because there really hasn't been much until now. I hated leaving you all in the dark but I didn't want to say anything until there was something conclusive to say. We do have a lot more information now. The number one thing you need to know is that I have cancer. It wasn't absolutely formally diagnosed until yesterday.

"With the bad news I also got the good news that along with surgery and treatments, I will be back rockin' and rollin'. I'll be getting a hip replacement as well as back surgery, which means I'll also be more agile. The doctor said that this is treatable and I'll be walking out of this place and I'll be able to go on the road and do everything I need to do to continue my rock 'n' roll life, in due time.

"I wanted to thank everyone for your well wishes. I've been sitting here in the hospital reading all of the things that you've all posted online, and I want you to know it means so very much to me to see how much I am loved, supported, and missed. I can really feel the love as I'm reading.

"I love reading your posts on the web site forum, and, in fact, I need to hear it. From here on out, whatever thoughts and feelings you have, please know that I wish that I could personally respond to each and every one of you, but I'm not able to right now.

"Brad [Phil's temporary replacement Brad Lang, who previously played with Jeff Pilson (DOKKEN, FOREIGNER, DIO) in WAR & PEACE] — thank God for Brad! I'm so grateful that he stepped in to help keep Y&T on tour, bringing 'Facemelter' to the people while I was ordered to the hospital. Right now I think he's the best guy on earth!

"I'll be released from the hospital within three-to-four weeks, continuing treatment, and at some point, I'll be returning to the road.

"Keep the love and good vibes flowing.

"Do me a favor and go out and see the band now — Y&T is kicking serious ass — and I'll be back rocking with you all soon."

Y&T's current lineup is rounded out by original guitarist/vocalist Dave Meniketti, along with longtime members John Nymann (guitar) and Mike Vanderhule (drums).
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

metal militia a écrit :vu la belle prestation au Hellfest, va falloir que je me le procure ce nouvel album! :rock:
je me suis dit la même chose, l'album est vraiment bon !!! tu peux y aller les yeux fermés !!!

vraiment chiant les problèmes de santé du bassiste...
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour faire face à ses dépenses de santé contre son cancer (USA oblige...), leur bassiste est financièrement aidé par le Ronnie James Dio "Stand Up And Shout" Cancer Fund.
According to a posting on Y&T's official web site, the band's original bassist Phil Kennemore, who is currently metastatic cancer, recently received a "sizeable donation" from the Ronnie James Dio "Stand Up And Shout" Cancer Fund.

Created by Ronnie James Dio's wife/manager Wendy, the Ronnie James Dio "Stand Up And Shout" Cancer Fund is committed to the early detection and prevention of cancer through facilitating access to medical screening and medical educational programs. The fund supports programs designed to integrate medical knowledge into local communities such as cancer screening programs, education on nutrition in cancer prevention, exercise and overall wellness. The goal of the fund is to reduce the risk of developing life-threatening cancers by offering access to preventative medical services. Furthering the commitment for patients to access to quality medical care related to cancer, the fund seeks to assist families burdened by the cost of caring for loved ones with cancer.
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Faudrait que quelqu'un fasse un topic sondage sur les albums du groupe ;)
Moi j'ai la flemme :D
Répondre