Nikki Sixx - SIXX A.M.

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

En attendant la sortie de son album solo "Heroin Diaries" en Aout (le livre sort en Septembre), le bassiste de Motley propose un titre sur son MonEspace:

"Life is Beautiful"
http://www.myspace.com/heroindiaries

J'aime beaucoup!
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Fonz
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Fonz »

:grr: :grr: :grr:
J'arrive pas à lire MySpace au taf... mais racontes-nous en un peu plus please !!! :)

Il va sortir en France le book ? y'a un album de prévu avec c'est ca ????
NASHVILLE PUSSY, Jack Daniels and Gibson !
[color=red]Chacal[/color] a écrit :Putain que j'aimerais être un trve comme toi Fonz :,(
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Caitlin Hotchkiss of ChartAttack.com recently conducted an interview with MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

ChartAttack.com: What do you think of some of these younger bands that are so focused on bringing sex, booze and drugs to the forefront?

Nikki: Well, it's a lifestyle. People are going to make decisions. You've got door number one and you've got door number two, and I've been fortunate enough to be down both. But I've had friends who will relapse and then get their lives back together, and I've had friends who can't ever get clean and die, and I've had friends who've never done it at all. Their art, their writing and their painting becomes more important to them than their addictions. I think the truth of it is that if you're doing this stuff because you think it's a lifestyle, you're a fucking retard. If you're using drugs because you're masking something that's really fucking painful, I can kind of understand it, but if you're doing it because you think that's just what you're supposed to do, then you're a fucking retard. There's no manual for what you're supposed to do as a band. People go, "We have to sound and look like this" and it's like, "Who said?" If I had subscribed to that, then I never would have done what I did with my life.

ChartAttack.com: So how's your health these days?

Nikki: I'm so healthy it's ridiculous. I don't understand it. You know, I just recently did the mandatory thing you have to do when you reach your forties — the full tests, the blood, the physical, the whole deal. I even went so far as to get the MRIs where they scan you and they look for everything internally, to see if there's anything going on. So then the doctor called me in, and he was laughing. He was like, "What the fuck? I know your history, and you're like a 20-year-old." It must have been that deal I made with the devil or something. (laughs)

ChartAttack.com: What's your biggest vice now?

Nikki: Work. I'm really addicted to doing stuff. I have this thing where I always want to take nothing and make it something. So I have to watch myself and take a look at my priorities every day. I have to struggle with my priorities… no, I take that back. I don't have to struggle, I have to look at them and make sure they're not in the wrong order. As long as it's me being clean, and then it's my kids, and then it's my career, and lastly it's my personal life. When I keep it like that, everything seems to work.

ChartAttack.com: Are you going to let your four kids read your book?

Nikki: When it's age-appropriate. But they already know everything. We have no secrets in our family. And see, I'm just their father. I'm a dork to them. I'm not cool at all. They love me more than life itself, and I love them right back, but there's nothing cool about dad. I'm just this guy that makes them do their homework. On a different note, I've always hopped from relationship to relationship ever since I was a kid, so I'm glad to have been able to go through a divorce, stay sober, be a good father and stay single. I have all these people going, "Wow, being a single rock star must be amazing," and I go, "No, it's actually really boring." And I like it. I've sort of set this bar of things I want to do, and there's just not enough hours in the day to share it with anybody else. It's a very selfish artistic mode, but it's also a very selfless time where I'm trying to give money back to charity and trying to raise awareness. I spoke in front of Congress recently, and that was just a fucking trip.

Read the entire interview at ChartAttack.com.
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
KYLEN
Friend Of Alice Cooper
Friend Of Alice Cooper

Message par KYLEN »

:up: :up: :up:
ImageImage
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Un nouvel album en prevision

Altsounds.com recently conducted an interview with SIXX: A.M. singer James Michael. An excerpt from the chat follows below.

Altsounds.com: Rumor has been going round and I believe you've confirmed that a second album will be under production sometime in the future. Coming from your initial concept album, do you already have ideas about the content of the second?

James Michael: Yes. After we finished recording "The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack", the three of us knew that we would eventually find some excuse to get into a studio together and create some more music. However, none of us anticipated that the excuse would be the amazing response that we've gotten from our first record or the incredible success that "Life Is Beautiful" has achieved. As far as concept for another record, we've been exploring a lot of new ground musically and we're getting very excited about where this record is heading.

Altsounds.com: What with Nikki [Sixx] coming from over twenty five years in one of the biggest bands in the world [MÖTLEY CRÜE], it's not unfair to say that even though SIXX: A.M. has been successful standing on their own as a new band with different ideas, the strong link and similar fan-base between the two bands is there. Do you want to move away from this connection, or use it to your advantage with SIXX: A.M.?

James Michael: The MÖTLEY CRÜE connection will always be there and I don't think that any of us would ever want to turn our backs on that. When SIXX: A.M. went out on the road this summer with Crüe Fest, it was so clear to us that the MÖTLEY CRÜE fans treated us like family and welcomed us with such enthusiasm and support. Few bands are lucky enough to have a built in base like SIXX: A.M. has with the MÖTLEY CRÜE fans. But we were also quite surprised at how many young fans came out to see SIXX: A.M. that weren't really aware of the connection to the CRÜE. I think our goal from here on out is to increase that base and reach many more listeners on the merits of our music.

Altsounds.com: I understand the drums for "The Heroin Diaries" were programmed from samples. What was the reason for this? With your strong writing bond, would four have been a "crowd" in the writing sense, and do you have any plans to bring in any drummers for future studio work?

James Michael: The reason we didn't have a drummer during the making of the record is because we really wanted to approach this record as three writer/producers making a soundtrack as opposed to a "band" making an "album." In fact, we constantly reminded ourselves while we were recording "The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack" that we were NOT a band! That reminder is actually what allowed us the freedom to explore more unusual musical styles. As far as the future goes, we may very well work with a drummer in the studio on this next record...it just depends on what the song calls for.

Read the entire interview from Altsounds.com.
KYLEN
Friend Of Alice Cooper
Friend Of Alice Cooper

Message par KYLEN »

Il était temps ! :tata:
ImageImage
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

The Pulse of Radio reports: Nikki Sixx is currently on the road with MÖTLEY CRÜE, but the bassist and songwriter is also keeping busy with his other major musical outlet. Sixx is working on the second album from SIXX: A.M., the project he started last year whose debut disc acted as a "soundtrack" to Sixx's memoir, "The Heroin Diaries". Sixx revealed that the second SIXX: A.M. effort is also a concept album, but that's about as far as he would go. "I can't really tell you what the concept is, because I think I'd just be kind of blowing the surprise, like telling what you're getting for Christmas before it comes," he said. "But it's gonna be a pretty powerful record. You know, sonically it does fall in line with the 'Heroin Diaries' record, but I think we're stretching out in certain ways where we can take in other styles of music and expand upon them."

Sixx's partners in SIXX: A.M. are James Michael and DJ Ashba.

Although SIXX: A.M. was initially just a studio project, a touring lineup did go on the road last summer as part of the first Crüe Fest package,

SIXX A.M.'s debut featured the hit "Life Is Beautiful".

MÖTLEY CRÜE is touring with support from HINDER and THEORY OF A DEADMAN and plays on Saturday (February 21) in Nashville. The lineup of the second Crüe Fest will be announced on March 16 in New York City.

KYLEN
Friend Of Alice Cooper
Friend Of Alice Cooper

Message par KYLEN »

Vivement la sortie et la tournée qui va avec !!!
ImageImage
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Il se sépare de Kat Von D:

MÖTLEY CRÜE/SIXX A.M. bassist Nikki Sixx, who turned 51 in December, has confirmed the end of his two-year relationship with 27-year-old tattoo artist and "L.A. Ink" star Kat Von D (born Katherine Von Drachenberg).

"I want to wish Katherine nothing but the best in her life," Sixx writes on his MySpace page. "She has loved and inspired the hell outta me and I know I have done the same for her in these almost two years we ruled the earth together.

"We are taking a break from our relationship for reasons that we will choose to keep personal. You won't find me saying a bad word about her and I don't believe vice versa… We have too much wonderful history together to ever deface that."

In a November 2009 interview with Fox News, Kat Von D stated about her relationship with Sixx, "I learn so much from him — this is the most fruitful relationship I have ever had. We read a lot together and we are really into self-help books and wisdom books and it's cool — I am constantly learning from him. We are big fans of the 'Four Agreements', 'A New Earth' and we just finished Dr. Drew's new book which has made the most impact on me recently. He talks about narcissism and healthy ways to handle it. But (being in the public eye) is difficult — anybody who says it's not is lying. Especially being in a relationship with someone who is also in the limelight makes it hard not to pay attention to some of the public's feedback."
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Au moins avec lui, ce qui est bien c'est que ses interviews, elles font pas trop mal à la tête !! :lol:

Avec qui il sort ou est sorti, on en a un peu rien à faire....ca parle pas beaucoup de musique, ici !! :/
:riff:
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

Qu'il en parle de ses copines on s'en fout mais qu'il sorte les vidéos merde :D
ImageImageImage
Pauline
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Pauline »

Si ça intéresse des gens...
Le nouvel album de Sixx A.M (projet solo de Nikki Sixx) sortira le 3 mai et s'intitule "This Is Gonna Hurt". Comme pour le premier album, c'est la bande son d'un livre qui sort le 12 avril au USA.

Le clip du premier titre de l'album qui s'appelle "Lies of the Beautiful People" est visible depuis hier.

Le G@SP a écrit :ben non, on est pas moche parce qu'on est metalleux... on est metalleux parce qu'on est moche!
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Pas mal du tout, le ton est bien durci par rapport au premier, ca sonne très Alter Bridge du coup. Je suis impatient d'écouter la suite :rock:
ominergy
Agent of Steel
Agent of Steel

Message par ominergy »

:bravo: Yes excellent single !
salvation
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par salvation »

Bon titre, par contre le refrain va vite devenir chiant à mon goût.
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

C’est donc le 12 avril prochain que « This Is Gonna Hurt », le nouveau livre de Nikki Sixx, sera disponible. Cet ouvrage, constitué à la fois de textes et de photos signés par cette icône du rock, fait suite à « The Heroin Diaries », le best seller paru en 2007, qui c’est vendu à plus de 350 000 exemplaires.

Un mois plus tard, le 9 mai, c’est un CD du même nom, « This Is Gonna Hurt », qui fera son apparition dans les bacs. Un album enregistré par Sixx: AM - le groupe formé par Nikki Sixx, James Michael et Dj Ashba - pour illustrer musicalement le livre, comme ça en avait déjà été le cas pour « The Heroin Diaries ». En effet, on se souvient que le premier album de Sixx: A.M, avait été l’hallucinante bande originale de ce journal tenu par Nikki pendant ses années noires... Le disque c’est écoulé à 300 000 copies rien qu’aux Etats-Unis, notamment grâce au succès du single « Life Is Beautiful », le titre rock le plus joué sur les radios américaines en 2008.

« This Is Gonna Hurt », est en quelque sorte la continuité de « The Heroin Diaries » et du regard, aussi brutal qu’honnête, que cet artiste étonnant porte sur la vie. Une vision qui passe par la plume du musicien, mais aussi, maintenant, par l’objectif de son appareil photo. Au fil des années, la photographie est venue s’ajouter aux multiples passions/activités de Nikki Sixx. Ce dernier est, bien sûr, mondialement connu pour être le bassiste du groupe Mötley Crüe, mais il est également animateur radio et particulièrement actif au sein du label Eleven Seven Music.

Sur disque comme sur papier, « This Is Gonna Hurt » est une collection de clichés et d’histoires qui capturent la rage, l’amour, l’optimisme, la face sombre et la détermination de l’œuvre de Nikki Sixx.

Sur Internet, depuis plusieurs semaines déjà, il a déjà posté plusieurs « teasers » vidéo ainsi qu’une sélection de photos. Cette première phase de la campagne de lancement est maintenant suivit par l’arrivée du single « Lies of the Beautiful People », un titre fort qui est bien sûr illustré par un clip vidéo visible en ouverture du site : www.sixxammusic.com

« This is Gonna Hurt », le livre, est publié par Harper Collins imprint William Morrow, le disque sera, quant à lui, disponible sur Eleven Seven Music / EMI.

Liste des titres de l’album :

1. This Is Gonna Hurt
2. Lies of the Beautiful People
3. Are You With Me
4. Live Forever
5. Sure Feels Right
6. Deadlihood
7. Smile
8. Help Is On the Way
9. Oh My God
10. Goodbye My Friends
11. Skin

Pour suivre Nikki sur Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nikki-Sixx/96943760335

Pour suivre Nikki Sixx sur Twitter : http://twitter.com/NikkiSixx
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Bon, je suppose que personne parlera de cet album si je le fais pas...

Alors, je l'ai bien écouté, en long, en large, en travers.

C'est du Sixx AM, rien de vraiment nouveau sous le soleil, sauf que là pour le premier opus était torturé et mélancolique, là c'est plutôt... joyeux? Ouais on va dire ca comme ça. Toujours assez formaté radio US, plus rock que metal donc, la sensibilité à fleur de peau de James Michael est nettement moins bien exploitée à mon avis, là où il arrivait à faire frissonner, et bien... y'a moins de sentiments sur ce cd, j'avais vraiment l'impression de vivre une histoire sur Heroin Diaries, une descente aux enfers, avec ses rebondissements. Là les morceaux s'enchainent sans vraiment de fracture, pas de gros coup d'éclats, seul le chanteur relève la sauce car il chante vraiment super bien, mais son travail était nettement plus abouti sur le premier. Oh il s'écoute bien quand même, mais on est loin du perfect que représente pour moi Heroin Diaries.

Une petite déception donc, c'est sympa, mais pas aussi profond ni travaillé que le précédent. Dommage.
Pauline
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Pauline »

je l'ai pas encore écouté, il est sur deezer ?
Le G@SP a écrit :ben non, on est pas moche parce qu'on est metalleux... on est metalleux parce qu'on est moche!
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Aucune idée. Toi il devrait te plaire je pense, plus qu'à moi en tout cas. Là je réécoute Heroin, putain c'est pas le même niveau quand même
Pauline
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Pauline »

genre j'ai des goûts de merde.............. oui bon d'accord.... :hum:
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Rah non c'est pas ce que je veux dire, mais je trouve que ca se rapproche d'un Alter Bridge quelquepart.

C'est encore un peu moins metal que le premier, et surtout vraiment moins sombre.
Pauline
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Pauline »

j'ai bien compris, t'inquiète ;)

mais j'aime bien le premier album donc à voir. J'ai trouvé sur Youtube, la voix sur le 1er titre me fait penser à la voix du chanteur de Muse (que je ne supporte pas) donc on verra, là je suis sur Lies of the Beautiful People que je connais déjà et que j'ai bien...
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Le premier titre, je crois que c'est celui que je préfère sur l'album...

mais bon, quand t'écoutes Girl With Golden Eyes, ces morceaux sont médiocres quand même :hum:
Lou Cifer
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Message par Lou Cifer »

Il faut que j'ecoute l'album mais là, le titre lies to the beautiful people... :mouais: m'ouais m'ouais m'ouais, pas tres sombre tout ça.
Et bizarrement moi aussi le debut me fait penser a Belamy!
"A force de passer à côté d'obstacles, on passe à côté de sa vie."
Dark Avenger a écrit :Si t'ecoutes que du glam, moi, ça me va: le GLAM, c'est le bien. :up:
Lou Cifer
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Message par Lou Cifer »

Il faut que j'ecoute l'album mais là, le titre 'lies of the beautiful people'... :mouais: m'ouais m'ouais m'ouais, pas tres sombre tout ça.
Et bizarrement moi aussi le debut me fait penser a Belamy!

Et là pour le peu de titre encodés qu'il y a sur Deezer mais :euh: .
"A force de passer à côté d'obstacles, on passe à côté de sa vie."
Dark Avenger a écrit :Si t'ecoutes que du glam, moi, ça me va: le GLAM, c'est le bien. :up:
Répondre