Dio / Elf : And Before Elf… There Were Elves

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une compilation officielle d'inédits de 1971 du groupe ELF (précédemment The Electric Elves puis Elves) va sortir en octobre, celui-ci étant le premier groupe de rock de Dio (mais pas le premier de sa carrière).

J'imagine que ça ne sera pas leurs meilleurs titres, mais bon ça fera toujours plaisir aux collectionneurs du genre comme moi :)
Over the years, legendary singer Ronnie James Dio fronted some of the most popular/enduring hard rock/heavy metal bands of all time, including RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH/HEAVEN & HELL, and DIO. But before all of these bands, there was ELF. Described as a "rock/honky tonk/blues band," ELF's forthcoming release, "And Before Elf… There Were Elves", will prove that Ronnie could easily handle other rock-related styles.

Released on October 11 via the Niji Entertainment Group, "And Before Elf" will feature twelve previously unreleased tracks (all from 1971), comprised of both live in the studio and live on stage tracks. The album will feature a striking lenticular/3D/hologram cover on which, when you turn it, you will see two alternating images — Ronnie from the first ELF LP as well as a vintage group shot from 1971. And although these recordings are 40 years old, the sonic quality still passes the test, as longtime DIO engineer Wyn Davis remastered the original tapes.

Formed in 1967 in Cortland, New York, THE ELVES also featured other members that would carve a niche for themselves in the hard rock world! Guitarist David "Rock" Feinstein (Dio's cousin) would go on to front THE RODS. ELF would last for a trio of albums, before Ronnie exited the group in 1975, to co-form RAINBOW with ex-DEEP PURPLE guitarist Ritchie Blackmore.

Ronnie James Dio always had the golden touch as a masterful singer and frontman. And upon hearing "And Before Elf… There Were Elves", you'll discover he possessed his one-of-a-kind voice from the very beginning of his career.

"And Before Elf… There Were Elves" track listing:

01. You Shook Me
02. Stay With Me
03. Four Day Creep
04. Buckingham Blues
05. Wakeup Sunshine
06. Driftin'
07. Smile For Me Lady
08. You Felt The Same Way
09. Simple Man
10. Drown Me In The River
11. Cold Ramona
12. Little Queenie
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Putain la tête de Ronnie :lol: c'est bien mais j'acheterai pas, je suis pas un gros fan de Elf, j'aime bien quelques titres mais sans plus.
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Set
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Set »

C'est marrant le mec de droite à une tête qui m'a fait immédiatement penser à Hansi Kurch :lol:
Follow The Signs ...
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

même sur cette photo il est déjà vieux :)

bah j'achéterais sûrement, toujours sympa d'avoir la totale :D
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
A.W.
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par A.W. »

Je n'ai jamais écouté ELF. Honte à moi.

Sérieusement, je loupe quelque chose ?
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

ça dépend, c'est pas indispensable en soi dans la carrière de Ronnie mais si on aime les 70's soft et rock bluesy c'est plaisant. Pas grand chose d'épique hormis une poignée de titres, et encore moins ivole, mais légèrement hard parfois, faut pas s'attendre à du Rainbow en tout cas.

Concernant la photo, voici probablement le line-up de gauche à droite, celui des tous débuts de ELF après le changement de nom :

Ronnie James Dio - Vocals / Bass
Dave Feinstein - Guitar
Mickey Lee Soule - Keyboards
Gary Driscoll - Drums / Percussion
jerome83
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par jerome83 »

Voici un petit teaser :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Attention y'a une pochette en 3D. :D :scratch:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En parallèle, le premier album d'ELF sort pour la première fois en picture disc :
Niji Entertainment Group have confirmed that the first ever ELF picture disc will be in stores on December 13th.

According to Niji: "This is a deluxe, numbered collector's edition. Only 2,500 were made and when they sell out, they are gone. This is a must have for all RONNIE JAMES DIO fans!

The very first Elf album deluxe picture disc! Available in all Metal Club Stores, Independent Record stores that sell vinyl, on-line stores that stock vinyl and in the Official Dio Web Store!
Répondre