Thin Lizzy 2010

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Moi je trouve qu'il est le maillon faible de cette formation, même s'il fait le boulot et se donne clairement à fond. Rien de catastrophique hein mais rien qui ne m'ait marqué non plus. Je préférais nettement Sykes au chant mais il y a très peu de chances qu'il revienne un jour dans le groupe actuel :,(
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Damon Johnson (ex-Alice Cooper) devient le deuxième guitariste permanent, ça peut être pas mal ça, il assure et s'avère plus rock 'n roll que Vivian Campbell.
For more than forty years, THIN LIZZY has been delivering its brand of rock 'n' roll to audiences all over the world. Even with the untimely passing of legendary frontman Phil Lynott twenty-five years ago, the band has continued on. Over the years, many rock luminaries have graced the ranks of THIN LIZZY, including the likes of Brian Robertson, Snowy White and the late Gary Moore. Most recently, DEF LEPPARD's resident guitar wizard Vivian Campbell joined the band for their 2011 European tour. When DEF LEPPARD called Vivian back to their camp, GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Richard Fortus joined the boys on their European festival run this past summer. Continuing on in the tradition of top-notch performers, the members of THIN LIZZY are proud to announce that veteran guitar player Damon Johnson has joined their ranks as a permanent member.

Damon's pedigree is impressive, having first gained notoriety with his own band, BROTHER CANE in the '90s. For the past six years, Damon has lent his skills to veteran rocker Alice Cooper, helping the master showman deliver his legendary show to fans all over the world. But when GUNS N' ROSES called Richard Fortus back for tour dates this fall, THIN LIZZY knew there was only one man that they wanted to replace Richard's formidable talents.

"When Scott Gorham called me and asked me to play with my favorite band of all time, I didn't even hesitate," Damon said. "I have always loved THIN LIZZY and their music is a huge part of my life. Hell, I even named my daughter Sarah after one of their songs!"

Added THIN LIZZY guitarist Scott Gorham, "Damon brings back the classic feel THIN LIZZY had when Phil was still with us. He has been kicking ass every night and asking him to join was a no-brainer."

When the metal masters JUDAS PRIEST asked THIN LIZZY to join them on their North American "Epitaph" tour, Damon was a natural choice to fill Richard's spot. The chemistry with Damon has been incredible. He has fit in so well that the band decided to ask him to join the band permanently.

Singer Ricky Warwick chimes in: "Damon is a phenomenal guitar player, a great guy and a LIZZY fanatic. He was willing to commit to the band full time making this an easy choice."
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

très bonne nouvelle, le gars est doué et c'est un vrai fan de THIN LIZZY. Mais respect quand même à Vivian Campbell, excellent guitariste et grand fan également THIN LIZZY (en bon irlandais).
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview de Damon Johnson, un vrai fan en effet, qui révèle au passage qu'ils comptent enregistrer un nouvel album. Sous un autre nom quand même j'espère...

http://onmilwaukee.com/myOMC/authors/li ... /dajo.html
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Nouveau line-up :
Rolf Kasparek - Lead Vocals / Guitar
Scott Gorham - Guitar
Mike Terrana- Drums
Ferdy Doenberg - Keyboards
Mat Sinner - Bass Guitar
Amanda Sommerville, Michael Kiske, Ralf Sheepers & Tim Owens - Backing vocals

Ils vont pour l'occasion réenregistrer black rose
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

:lol:

Lenorman il avait la gueule pour être batteur de Thin Lizzy! Pas la chemise.
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Je reviens du show du Priest, et Thin Lizzy était le band d'ouverture (scandale, ils jouaient avant BLS :beurk: ), c'est là que je me rends compte que j'en ai beaucoup à rattraper car c'est un groupe que j'apprécie, mais que je connais peu. Le son était malheureusement mauvais, donc on n'entendait pas Darren Wharton. Warrick est un bon frontman et à mon avis, il reproduisait le même feeling que Lynott, mais sa guitare qu'il grattait à moitié était plutôt superflus. Downey était malheureusement triggé à fond. On note aussi un certain clivage entre Gorham/Wharton/Downey avec le look et l'attiude Thin Lizzy et les trois autres qui faisaient plus Hard Rock américain modernes, les chemises vs les tatous.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

olivier64 a écrit :très bon guitariste et excellent chanteur. Sa reprise de Borderline sur un tribute à THIN LIZZY est sublime. :amour:
la voilà, cette reprise. :bow:

et un excellent jailbreak
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Marco Mendoza pense qu'ils sortiront un nouvel album cet été. :scratch:

Interview :
Even though THIN LIZZY are continuing to traipse the big stages, right now touring Europe as support for JUDAS PRIEST, the minds of this army of proven songwriters are focused on one thing – writing some songs.

“The tour is great, man,” begins bassist MARCO MENDOZA, providing BraveWords.com with a road report (down a cell phone line that is not great – i.e. might have got a few words wrong here!). “We’re the first week in and the shows are massive, as you can imagine, and the response has been overwhelming; just a great vibe, you know. You couldn’t ask for a better result, to be honest. Mission accomplished, if you will.”

But back to new music. Discussions with other members of the band as of late have yielded responses similar to the following. No surprise, given that there is so much talent for songwriting in the band, present company, Marco Mendoza heartily included.

“Well, all of us have been throwing some ideas into a melting pot, and we are sketching out some studio dates as we speak, and that will be figured out in the next month or so – because we get little breaks between the legs of different legs. So I think the studio has been booked. I just don’t have the dates off the top of my head. But it will be this month; we’ll go in this month and we’ll start chopping away. And if you can imagine, we want to be really careful about what we put out. But the wheels are in motion, and we’re all excited about that, obviously. So yeah, definitely we will have new music by this summer, if not before; we’re jumping up and down about it.”

Asked what it’s like being part of a rhythm section with Brian Downey, one of classic rock’s deftest touches, Mendoza figures, “Brian has a very unique style, and me being a bass player, yeah, I’ve had the luck to be playing with some major cats, you know? And like I said, Brian has a very unique style, and having been able to play Thin Lizzy music with him and with different drummers, with all due respect to the other cats, Brian is THE cat. He has a soul and a shuffle that is just incredible; it’s monstrous, and it’s perfect for the Thin Lizzy grooves and Thin Lizzy music. And he’s a great guy; I’ve known Brian since ‘94. When I knew he was going to be involved with this, I wanted in. I definitely wanted to be involved with this. So yeah, it’s great touring with Brian; it’s an honour. He’s done a lot, seen a lot, and now we’re sharing a stage. I’m having a blast.”

Consummate music man that he is (check out his jazz bass and scat singing on youtube – stunning), Marco, just as a matter of course, like breathing, keeps his chops up by playing club gigs, in betwixt plying the fat strings for legends that in the past have included WHITESNAKE and TED NUGENT.

“Yeah, yeah, this is something that I’ve done for quite a while. Got a few albums out there, and whenever opportunity knocks and I get invited to this and that, I’ll go, because I absolutely love what I do, man; I really do. And I love going to new territories that are untapped and knocking on and opening some new doors, you know, cultivating some kind of relationship. If it involves music, I’m there, bottom line, if I have the time. So again, this little tour that I did taught me a lot on the business side, and taught me a lot on what I need to concentrate on, things I need to work on, and what songs to play and all that. You’re always learning; that’s what I think. I dig the whole process of it. I’m always learning a lot of things about myself, but I’m always willing to take chances, check it out. What’s the worst that could happen? You’re gonna learn something, either good or bad. So I must admit, man, I had a blast. It was short notice, ticket sales were not over the top and the places were not that big, but I left every gig knowing that I did the best I could, and I know the people that came to the gigs left satisfied. I’m always going to have something on the back-burner, because when you love the whole process like I do, and a lot of it’s new, man, you can’t wait. I don’t want to get comfortable and just go out on the big runs, although I enjoy that. I kinda tended to do that with Whitesnake, to be honest with you. I kinda sat back too much, and five, six years went by, and when it was time to move on, it was like oh shit, man, I could’ve been cultivating this and doing that, and so now that I’m a little older and wiser, I’ll always do that – always.”

But in terms of songs and recording, even though Marco can craft killer solo music, as witnessed on Live For Tomorrow, it’s pretty reasonable that he’s intent on pouring all his talent into new music under the mighty Thin Lizzy banner. These guys really have the opportunity, and the guns, to make a good record, critics be damned, and you can tell that Marco realizes that…

“I’m focused, absolutely, focusing on the Thin Lizzy tracks, next. That’s priority number one. That’s what we’re all thinking and breathing, and God willing, man, we’ll get in there and come up with some great tracks. There’s no doubt in my mind that with this lineup, the well is so full. There’s so much talent in this lineup – in every possible way. Damon, Ricky, Scott, Brian, Darren… I mean, there’s a lot. The hardest thing, to be honest, is going to be picking and choosing, because there’s going be so much. And we just have to know how to go about it, so I’m not worried about it. But that’s priority number one.”

“There’s always something’s cooking,” continues Mendoza, who has also worked with DANIEL CARTER and KELLY CLARKSON as of late. “I got a deal with Frontiers to do another solo album, and I’m thinking about it. But I would much rather have some cats to hang out with, you know? It’s sort of the thing I love. It’s a lot of work, man, picking up players here and there, whoever’s available, and the unfortunate thing, the music suffers, because you don’t have enough time. You have to stay tight together, playing the music, sharing good times together. You kind of need to make the whole thing gel. And then you do ten or 11 or 12 gigs in any given moment, and then you go out again, and, you know, for the most part, the music gets compromised. But I’m thinking, later, in the future, hooking up with some buddies, some friends that I love dearly, that I respect both musically and as human beings, and getting something going.”

“But Thin Lizzy is priority number one, where we’re going to all concentrate all our energies and efforts,” says Marco in closing. “Because, bro, we are carrying the flag, man. We are carrying the flag for Thin Lizzy, for Phil, for Gary, for the boys, for Robbo, Snowy, the legacy that is Thin Lizzy, and I think we’re all ready for it – we’re chomping at the bit to go forward.”
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

pas sur que ce soit une bonne idée de sortir un album sous le nom THIN LIZZY :mouais: y intérêt à ce qu'il nous sortent un très grand album, mais sauf énorme surprise, j'y crois pas du tout. :/
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je pense qu'ils sont conscients qu'ils prennent un gros risque et qu'ils ne peuvent pas sortir un album bâclé, enfin j'espère.
Ce qui me gêne surtout c'est de réutiliser le nom du groupe sans l'avis de celui qui l'a créé, façonné puis splitté. Je me demande ce qu'en pense la médiatique mère de Phil Lynott, elle qui n'était déjà pas très enchantée ces dernières années de voir les différentes "reformations" jouer sous ce nom. Désormais ça va plus loin, et même John Sykes ne voulait pas prendre le risque de sortir de nouvel album sous le nom de Thin Lizzy.
scoubi
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par scoubi »

On peut aussi imaginer que l'album soit une très grosse réussite,
j'avais lu sur ce forum qu'il y aurait 700 titres enregistrés par Lynott dans des cartons, sans trop que ce soit vérifié d'ailleurs...
Le line up actuel est loin d'être ridicule, au point de se gauffrer.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Visiblement ils sont revenus à la raison et ne veulent pas sortir le nouvel album sous le nom de Thin Lizzy. Ils annonceront bientôt le nouveau nom du groupe.
After a very successful two-year run with the current lineup, THIN LIZZY have made a decision to not release a new album under the THIN LIZZY name.

Commented guitarist Scott Gorham: "Out of respect to [late THIN LIZZY frontman] Phil Lynott and the legacy he created, we have decided that we should not release a new album under the THIN LIZZY name. It was a very difficult decision as we put a lot of time and effort into rebuilding the THIN LIZZY brand over recent years. Releasing a new album was the only way to continue this success.

"We all know how much Phil meant to this band and the fans.

"We have written 20 songs that we all feel very strongly do the band and THIN LIZZY name credit. We believe Phil would have been proud of them.

"We always knew a new record was a touchy subject with some people and as such really want the quality of these songs to be heard by everyone without any judgment or prejudice. To that end, we have decided not to release these songs under the name THIN LIZZY.

"We want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement over the years and to all our fans. We will release this material soon and you will be hearing some great new music with the classic THIN LIZZY sound intact. We will announce future plans early in the New Year."

Added frontman Ricky Warwick: "Our plan always was to put out new music to keep the name THIN LIZZY alive and fresh with all the band's fans — old and new.

"Nobody respects Phil as much as I do and singing his songs for the past two years has been an incredible honor and something I will never forget.

"Our plan was to always keep the band on top of their game, with great shows and great production to honor all that was Phil Lynott and his iconic body of work.

"Without a new album to gain new press and keep the momentum we have built up over the past two years, we are worried the THIN LIZZY brand and all it stands for will diminish to a point we would never want to see. Therefore, our regular touring as THIN LIZZY will cease at the end of this year after our European tour. I do want to stress that this does not necessarily mean we will never play together again as THIN LIZZY. If there are options for other parts of the world, in territories that this line up has never visited then, we may still play odd shows in 2013 and beyond if people want to see us."
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Sage décision.
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Démarche honorable. :up:
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Carrément! Et du coup ça va péter :bang:
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Eh bien voilà, le nouveau nom du groupe est annoncé : ce sera BLACK STAR RIDERS. Sortie de l'album sur Nuclear Blast en mai 2013, produit par Kevin Shirley. Exit Brian Downey et Darren Wharton, ne reste donc que Scott Gorham en tant qu'ancien de THIN LIZZY.

Ricky Warwick (vocals)
Scott Gorham (guitar)
Damon Johnson (guitar)
Marco Mendoza (bass)
Jimmy DeGrasso (drums)

(source Blabbermouth)
In October 2012, THIN LIZZY announced that they would not be recording new material under the THIN LIZZY monicker. The last incarnation of the band — Scott Gorham, Brian Downey, Darren Wharton, Ricky Warwick, Damon Johnson and Marco Mendoza — would be looking to form a new project.

Step forward BLACK STAR RIDERS…

Today sees the announcement of the new band formed by THIN LIZZY alumni Ricky Warwick (vocals), Scott Gorham (guitar), Damon Johnson (guitar), Marco Mendoza (bass) with new addition Jimmy DeGrasso (ALICE COOPER, MEGADETH, DAVID LEE ROTH, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES) on drums. The change in personnel came about as Brian Downey didn't want to commit to the touring cycle a new album would entail and Darren Wharton wanted to concentrate on DARE and other music and film projects.

BLACK STAR RIDERS is set to enter the studio in Los Angeles in January 2013 to start recording their debut album with the legendary Kevin Shirley (LED ZEPPELIN, IRON MAIDEN, AEROSMITH, RUSH). The album will feature material the band wrote while touring as THIN LIZZY and the sound retains that classic feel but is very much its own as well. The BLACK STAR RIDERS record is the next step in the evolution of the THIN LIZZY story.

"We are all very excited about the music that we have created for BLACK STAR RIDERS. The synergy between the five of us has been phenomenal and I can't wait for the world to hear these songs," says Warwick.

The new, as-yet-untitled album will be released in May 2013 through Nuclear Blast — the label behind acts such as ANTHRAX, NIGHTWISH and MESHUGGAH. BLACK STAR RIDERS are one of the first bands signed by Monte Conner — the former Roadrunner A&R guru who has signed acts such as SLIPKNOT, MACHINE HEAD, SEPULTURA and RUSH. Conner recently joined Nuclear Blast as the president of Nuclear Blast Entertainment, a new U.S. partnership he co-founded with Nuclear Blast owner Markus Staiger.

Says Conner: "As a lifelong THIN LIZZY fan, I was floored by this line-up's new material. Not only do the new songs sound like THIN LIZZY but they sound like CLASSIC THIN LIZZY. BLACK STAR RIDERS totally captures the essence of what was great about the original band while at the same time adding something totally fresh and modern. Even when I heard the band decided to change their name, my interest in signing them did not waver for one second."

The band are looking to support their May album release with European festivals shows in the summer of 2013 and follow this up with worldwide touring. The set list will consist of material from the new album and classic THIN LIZZY material.

Classic Rock magazine has an exclusive interview with BLACK STAR RIDERS in their edition that hits the streets on January 3, 2013.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dommage pour l'absence de Brian Downey et Darren Wharton, mais à suivre quand même.

Tiens on apprend un truc dans cette news, en tout cas je l'apprends : Monte Conner, le directeur artistique de longue date de Roadrunner Records, est passé chez "l'ennemi" Nuclear Blast.

Sinon, le line-up en image :

carbonized_ju
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par carbonized_ju »

Avec seulement Scott Gohram en représentant légitime de THIN LIZZY, ils ont bien fait de changer de nom ! Curieux d'entendre ça en tout cas ! :rock:

Pareil concernant Monte Conner, bizarre comme comportement, le mec a fondé Roadrunner et quitte son propre navire pour aller voir ailleurs ! :crazy:
blacksabbasteph
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par blacksabbasteph »

yeah Jimmy de Grasso !!!! :rock:
Keep the world with all its sin....it's not fit for livin' iiiiiin !!!!
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

BLACK STAR RIDERS (ex-THIN LIZZY)

Message par weik »

Le groupe irlandais légendaire, qui comme chacun sait a perdu voilà maintenant 27 ans son leader charismatique Phil Lynott, annonce qu'il ne sortira pas de nouveau matériel sous le nom qui l'a fait connaître.
Ses vétérans de la scène qui écument le plateau européen depuis des décennies viennent finalement de se trouver un nouveau pseudonyme afin de satisfaire leur soif d'écriture et pouvoir mettre en boîte des nouvelles chansons tout en respectant la mémoire de leur leader disparu.
Black Star Riders, c'est son nom, entrera donc en studio en compagnie de Kevin Shirley (Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Rush) durant ce mois de janvier afin d'enregistrer du matériel que le groupe a composé durant leurs nombreux périples sur les routes.

nuclearblast.de/fr/label/music/news/details/282532...
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le line up est le suivant :
Scott Gorham (guitar)
Damon Johnson (guitar)
Ricky Warwick (vocals/guitar)
Marco Mendoza (bass)
Jimmy DeGrasso (drums)

Exit donc les ex membres de Thin Lizzy Brian Downey (selon Gorham, il souhaitait continuer sous le nom Thin Lizzy) et Warren Darton (qui aurait été un atout majeur pour les compositions, m'enfin perso je préfère qu'il continue à se concentrer sur DARE que j'adore).
Donc au final , on a Gorham et Warwick avec des musiciens "passe partout".
Un peu déçu sur la forme, y compris pour le choix du nom de groupe.... mais je ne demande qu'à être convaincu sur disque maintenant!
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Mr Lego a écrit :Warren Darton
Darren Wharton. :D ;)
Mr Lego a écrit :Donc au final , on a Gorham et Warwick avec des musiciens "passe partout".
Je dirai plutôt Gorham et des musiciens passe-partout.
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Ben disons que Warwick est susceptible de participer aux compos, de qui n'est à mon avis pas le cas des autres musiciens.
C'est dans sens là que je vois les choses.
Brian Downey participait aux compositions du groupe avec Lynott (quelques titres sur chaque album, mais le plus souvent de qualité !), presque autant que Scott Gorham.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Damon Johnson est compositeur aussi. :) Et il me semble que dans la carrière de THIN LIZZY, Gorham a co-signé beaucoup plus de titres de Downey.
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un peu plus si on tient en plus compte du fait qu'il est arrivé plus tard. Mais ça se tient.
19 pour Downey et 25 pour Gorham (toutes avec Lynott)
Il n'est nullement question de mettre l'un et l'autre en concurrence, on retrouve d'ailleurs beaucoup de titres composés ensemble avec Lynott (qui reste de toute façon LE compositeur du groupe) mais juste pour dire que ce n'est pas "juste" le batteur d'origine.
Il a co-signé des titres majeurs du groupe! (Thunder and Lightning, Cowboy Song, Emerald entre autres...)
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Répondre