Slayer sans Dave Lombardo, Bostaph de retour

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

norde
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par norde »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :Bill Ward avec Slayer? :bave: :cherchezpas:
Tu veux le faire crever ???? :euh:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Kerry King laisse entendre que Tom Araya avait du mal à supporter Lombardo depuis un moment, mais pas lui, après rien ne dit que c'est tout à fait vrai bien sûr :
On the progress of the songwriting sessions for the new SLAYER album:

Kerry: "I've got 11 songs done. I don't know who's gonna do 'em — I don't know who's gonna produce it, I don't know who's gonna play it. I think METALLICA's got [producer Greg Fidelman] monopolized. He had February open and I was hoping to get some work done in February and then February just got too busy for us. I don't know. If he gets another window, I would like to do it between Australia and Europe in June. That would be great — just be done with it, and it could get mixed while I am out on tour and be out in September or October. That's the perfect world, so we'll see."

"Two [new songs] are done; we recorded two last year with Greg Fidelman, and they just never got mixed. The're done — there are vocals, leads; they are done. And they were gonna put 'em out before [our appearance at the Rockstar Energy Drink] Mayhem [Festival] last year. But that never got done, so I said, 'Why waste 'em on an EP for nothing? [Let's] save them for the record.' Those two are done. The nine others I've just gotta teach whoever's gonna play 'em, and they're ready to go."

"I've been working on the new maerial a lot, and I worked on it a lot with [SLAYER drummer] Dave [Lombardo]. So I haven't decided — if we move on [without Dave] — I haven't decided if I play the new guy what we've done or just play him the guitar stuff that I made up and say, 'What do you think?' 'Cause I know what I want to be there, and I can tell him if it's going in the wrong direction. 'Nah, you've gotta play this.' I haven't even thought this far yet."

On drummer Dave Lombardo's current status with SLAYER:

Kerry: "This just happened a week ago… ten days ago… so I mean, I don't know… It's unfortunate that Dave couldn't be with us; I planned on him being here up until the Monday before I left. And then I saw trouble in paradise, and since I am the mastermind on making decisions like this, I was, like, 'Alright, I've got a backup plan. Just in case.' 'Cause I would have hated to have just Australia blown out. Can you imagine how shitty that would have been? So I did what I thought was best, and we pulled it off."

On whether he saw the dispute with Dave coming:

Kerry: "Tom [Araya, SLAYER bassist/vocalist] did. Tom's been on the fence about Dave for awhile and I was pretty much the one that said, 'Nah, I'm not comfortable moving on [without Dave].' And then it got thrust in our face and I took action immediately and I got a very lucky culmination of things that happened."

Lombardo is sitting out SLAYER's current tour due to a contract dispute with the other members of the group, while guitarist Jeff Hanneman is still recovering from necrotising fasciitis, a flesh-eating disease which he is believed to have gotten from a spider bite. Filling in for them are Dette and Gary Holt (EXODUS), respectively.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Aperçu du line-up actuel, avec Jon Dette et Gary Holt :

Le Cerveau
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Le Cerveau »

Tiens je ne savais pas que SLAYER avait recruté le gros Chuck Billy au chant. :D

Par contre Jon Dette abat sacrément bien le boulot. Putain quel batteur. :rock:
Moi, je casse le vent
J'fais chier les gens
Ca me purifie
C'est important.
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

N'ayez craintes, Dave devrait être de retour d'ici une vingtaine d'années!
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dans cette interview Kerry King n'a pas l'air très perturbé par l'absence prolongée de Jeff Hanneman, il déclare que ça ne lui poserait pas de problème de jouer pour toujours avec Gary Holt. Mais on apprend aussi que Kerry ne le voit jamais, il n'a des nouvelles de Jeff qu'à travers le management...
On the progress of the songwriting sessions for SLAYER's next studio album:

Kerry: "Well, two songs are done; they just need to be mixed. Another one is done without leads and vocals on it, and I've got nine others to record, so we're in really good shape.

"I always think [our albums are gonna be released] sooner than later, and I'm always changing my story, but I really think we can go in and record between this [Soundwave festival] and our next tour in June. So, if it's all finished, then it could be getting mixed while we're in Europe. And I don't see any reason why it can't be out this year. Don't hold me to that, but that's what I'm hoping for."

On the health status of SLAYER guitarist Jeff Hanneman, who is still recovering from necrotising fasciitis, a flesh-eating disease, which he is believed to have gotten from a spider bite:

Kerry: "I don't have an update. I haven't seen Jeff in forever. He's always been a recluse, and he's even been more of a recluse since he's mot going on tour with us. But our manager talks to him from time to time and sees him in L.A. just randomly. But I'm far from L.A., so I'm not in that loop. But I guess he's just getting better. It's just one of those things where he can do anything in life. He could be hanging here having a good time with us. He can probably play 'South Of Heaven', but he's not gonna be playing 'Jihad', you know what I mean?! So it's just a muscle memory kind of thing, I guess, at this point."

On whether Jeff has been involved in the songwriting process for the new SLAYER album:

Kerry: "It's just all my stuff for now. But I did that just in case, 'cause I don't know what Jeff's intentions are. So I wanted to have SLAYER covered in case he doesn't come to the party. If he comes to the party, then we've got tons of songs."

On whether contingencies have been made in case Jeff doesn't make it back to SLAYER in the near future:

Kerry: "I think Gary [Holt, EXODUS guitarist who has been filling in for Jeff for the past couple of years] is in for the long haul. I haven't really discussed it with him. But he keeps his schedule free when he knows we're on tour. And I'm pretty sure, if Jeff all of a sudden came back in June, we would probably pay Gary for freeing up his time. I don't wanna treat somebody that's bailed us out for two years badly. But if Gary played with us forever? I'm OK with that. But if Jeff got better and said, 'Hey, man, I'm ready to play,' and he came to rehearsal and showed us he was good enough, that's his show."

On whether SLAYER's stand-in drummer Jon Dette, who filled in for Dave Lombardo for the Soundwave festival, was the band's first choice as Lombardo's replacement:

Kerry: "Yeah, he was, actually. I've got a lot of friends in this business and I was thinking, at the first instant of trouble in paradise, I'm, like, 'Alright, what can we do?' First off, I thought there's probably no way to get a visa for somebody this quick, and I knew Jon was with ANTHRAX. And in a perfect world, I was thinking maybe he could do both, so I had to call him up and say, 'Hey, man, I hate to drop this on you…' [laughs] And he was stoked. And I did the right thing — I called up Scott [Ian, ANTHRAX guitarist], asked him if he minded. I rehearsed with Jon for three days and it came out good."

On whether there are any plans for SLAYER to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the release of the band's debut album, "Show No Mercy" — either by re-releasing the LP or by playing it in its entirety at upcoming shows:

Kerry: "I think it was re-released on Metal Blade recently — like, within the past four or five years. I think all of them were. I think they just updated them and gave them some sort of picture disc on the inside. As far as playing the whole live album, I don't foresee that. The only thing I would maybe be interested in is getting all the ones we've played recently that hold up the best, maybe do a little block of 'Show No Mercy' in the middle of the set somewhere. I haven't really discussed it, though."
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

C'est beau l'amitié :lol:
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Lombardo ne sait toujours pas s'il va revenir :
Lombardo: "I don't know yet. I hope to be there, but at this point, I don't know if I'm returning or not.

"I love my fans so much and they've been so supportive through the years; they've always been there. And their concern and sadness for what happened in Australia is more than I could have ever imagined fans to react. It's unbelievable. I just love my fans and I hope to continue playing for them. This is all I do. This is my life. I don't do anything else. I don't have a snakefarm, I don't have a farm with cows… I'm not like that. Music is my passion and my life, and this is all I do. So for the fans to be this nice and kind and concerned, I just love them."
lole66
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par lole66 »

Pinaise, sur les vidéos, Araya fait peine à entendre :mouais: ...il chante faux sur tous les morceaux

Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Slayer 2013 sent le sapin quand même!!! :diable:
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Dave Lombardo a écrit :I don't have a snakefarm,
paaaaaaaaaaaaa la sale pique qu'il envoie à Kerry King. :D :lol: C'est vraiment les feux de l'amour Slayer on dirait. :/
zepforce
Disciple of the Watch
Disciple of the Watch

Message par zepforce »

R.I.P jeff. :,(

Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.

Our Brother Jeff Hanneman, May He Rest In Peace (1964 - 2013)
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

ImageImageImage
zepforce
Disciple of the Watch
Disciple of the Watch

Message par zepforce »

Dave Smallwood
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Dave Smallwood »

Psyko Killer a écrit :Slayer 2013 sent le sapin quand même!!! :diable:
Quel humour !!! :beurk:

particulièrement à propos puisqu' écrit en le jour même du décès.

Comme quoi parfois l'humour :/ :nul:
Les fonctionnaires, c'est comme les livres dans une bibliothèque.
Plus c'est haut placé, moins ça sert !
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

le jour même à 11h28 du matin sauf que la nouvelle a été annoncée cette nuit, l'humour est peut être pas universel mais le sens de l'observation devrait l'être ;)
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
Dave Smallwood
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Dave Smallwood »

Je ne suis pourtant pas fan de Slayer mais j'étais au courant depuis plusieurs jours, semaine, mois, que JH était bien malade et même en m'aimant pas ce groupe je n'aurais pas fait ce genre de trait d'esprit sachant que l'un d'eux était gravement malade.
mais t'as raison, l'humour n'est pas universel, bien heureusement. :D

ou alors Psycko a un don de voyance inexploité :o
Les fonctionnaires, c'est comme les livres dans une bibliothèque.
Plus c'est haut placé, moins ça sert !
Balin
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Balin »

On savait pas grand chose sur l'état de Jeff en fait, personne n'a relevé le message posté le 1 Mai sur le site du groupe par exemple.
Swoopes… Dancing… For the win… Texas is back folks!
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Mais dis donc Dave Smallwood, il t'a fallu lire un seul de mes messages qui n'allait pas dans ton sens pour que t'ai quelque chose contre moi maintenant! :scratch: :up:

Et dommage pour toi car avant de vouloir casser quelqu'un il faut mieux être sur de son coup, car comme le dit G@SP mon message n'était pas en rapport son décès puisque c'était la veille!

Dave Smallwood a écrit :Je ne suis pourtant pas fan de Slayer mais j'étais au courant depuis plusieurs jours, semaine, mois, que JH était bien malade et même en m'aimant pas ce groupe je n'aurais pas fait ce genre de trait d'esprit sachant que l'un d'eux était gravement malade.
mais t'as raison, l'humour n'est pas universel, bien heureusement. :D
Et ensuite comme le dit Balin à son tour, on ne savait rien sur l'état de santé actuel de Jeff. C'était même plutôt logique de penser l'inverse puisque lors de sa dernière apparition on l'avait tous vu rejouer de la guitare!
Bref sur ce dernier message je suis ravi d'apprendre que tu fais mieux que les autres, enfin même sans le lire je m'en doutais un peu! ;)
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Etonnant, après l'annonce de Jon Dette remplaçant cet été l'ancien batter de Heathen, Paul Bostaph est ré-engagé dans Slayer, à plein temps. :lol:
SLAYER WELCOMES PAUL BOSTAPH BACK TO THE FOLD.

Slayer's Tom Araya and Kerry King are very pleased to announce that Paul Bostaph has rejoined the band on a full-time basis. Bostaph will be behind the drum kit beginning June 4 when Slayer kicks off the first leg of its 2013 international tour in Warsaw, Poland. Gary Holt will continue to fill in for fallen guitarist Jeff Hanneman.

Slayer's 2013 itinerary will have them playing 35 dates that will include headline shows as well as a number of major summer festivals in Europe, Eastern Europe and South America between June and October. The complete itinerary is below.

"Paul's a great drummer and a good friend, and we're very happy that he's decided to rejoin the band," said Tom Araya. "We're still pretty numb from the loss of Jeff, but we don't want to disappoint our European fans, and we need to begin moving forward...having Paul back in the band makes that a whole lot easier."

"I'm very excited to be rejoining Slayer," added Bostaph. "We spent a very intense ten years of our lives together, had a lot of fun, made a lot of great music, so for me, this feels like coming home."

Bostaph was Slayer's drummer from 1992 until 2001 and recorded four albums with the band - the Gold certified Divine Intervention (1994), the 1996 punk covers album Undisputed Attitude, Diabolus in Musica, (1998), God Hates us All (2001) that received a Grammy nomination for "Best Metal Performance," as well as the DVD War at the Warfield (2001), also certified Gold. In addition to Slayer, Bostaph has been a member of Forbidden, Exodus, Systematic and Testament.
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Globox666
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Globox666 »

Cool !!

La meilleure alternative à Dave Lombardo ! J'adore son jeu et ses roulements de tom notamment sur "Killing Fields" de l'album Divine Intervention.

Par contre côté compo, il n'apporte pas grand chose voire rien il me semble.

Est-ce que Kerry King va laisser Gary Holt composer ? Je suis curieux de voir ce que ça peut donner avec Slayer.
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Il faudra bien je pense, je vois mal King composer les futurs albums en entier. Enfin si , il le peut, mais qu'en sera-t-il de la qualité?
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Lombardo déclare qu'il a appris sur Internet comme tout le monde son remplacement a priori définitif par Paul Bostaph.
Mais je ne pense que grand monde s'attendait à ce que Lombardo soit invité à rejoindre le groupe...
Former SLAYER drummer Dave Lombardo says that he learned via the Internet that he was being replaced for the band's forthcoming European tour.

"And…. There you have it folks!" Lombardo tweeted shortly after Paul Bostaph's return to SLAYER was officially announced.

Asked by a fan via Twitter whether he heard directly from the other members of the band that he was not going to be joining them on the road this summer or if he just read it online "like the rest of us," Lombardo replied: "online."

Lombardo sat out SLAYER's recent Australian tour due to a contract dispute with the other members of the group. Filling in for him was Jon Dette (TESTAMENT, ANTHRAX).

During an interview with the KZRADIO.NET alternative radio station in Israel conducted on May 1 — just one day before the tragic passing of SLAYER guitarist Jeff Hanneman — Lombardo stated about his the circumstances that led to him being absent from the latest SLAYER trek: "Basically, I had to renegotiate my contract two and a half years ago and I got an attorney because it was too complicated for me to do it myself. And my attorney was asking questions. And the answers she got from her questions, they weren't correct; they weren't the right answers. So we worked on it for two and a half years. And 2013 came around and SLAYER had to go on tour, and I said, 'Guys, I can't go on tour unless we resolve this, I've been advised.'"

He continued: "What I need is clarity — clarity and transparency.

"You go and make money for somebody, and if somebody is gonna pay you a percentage, you need to know where all this goes. They say I don't deserve to know, but I think if you're gonna pay somebody a percentage, they deserve to know. Because how are you gonna know what you got paid when you don't know everything else?

"It's a little complicated, and there's more to it as well. But I'm trying [to work it out with the guys so I can return to the band]. I sent an e-mail out to Kerry [King, SLAYER guitarist] and Tom [Araya, SLAYER bassist/vocalist] before I left on this tour [with PHILM]. I said, 'Guys, let's work this out like men. C'mon. Let's work it out. The history of the band is gonna fall apart. The fans are gonna be disappointed. We need to do this for the history of the band; it's something we need to keep together.' And I have heard no reply; they have not contacted me.

"They feel that because I left in 1992 and I left for 10 years, they feel I don't deserve [to know all the details of their business].

"I mean, I love the guys — they're like my brothers — and I wish this didn't happen. But now there's like this wall between us."

Regarding some fans' criticism that money should not get in the way of the members of SLAYER making music together, Lombardo said: "What people don't understand is that, being a musician, you have to be a part businessman. There's contracts… If you're a musician and you don't have a contract and you don't follow up on your business, people are gonna take from you and they're gonna steal from you.

"Chuck Berry, Ray Charles… all those guys in the early days, they made, let's say, $500. Well, a poor musician will be happy with $100. 'Wow, I made $100.' Well, what happened to the other $400? Who took the other $400?

"[Being] musicians, you have to understand business as well as your art and your music, and you have to be professional."

On the topic of whether he can foresee himself returning to SLAYER in the not-too-distant future, Lombardo said: "It's hard to say. It's hard to say. I really wish we could work it out. Again: my door is open. I'm ready to talk; I'm ready to negotiate. If they don't want to, it's on them.

"The fans have spoken. I believe the fans have spoken and they feel that the band needs to stay together and not bring in some hired guy that… I mean, Jon [Dette] is a great guy, but has he done any albums? Jon Dette, the drummer for SLAYER now, has he done any albums? Has he ever recorded anything? I don't think so. How can they get a guy like that to take my place that has not done anything in his career? What kind of musical choice is that for an artist? That's like me bringing in somebody that's not into heavy music into my band or something… I don't know… It's just very strange.

"I hope things work out. I hope everything works out for the fans; that's what I want. And for the history of the band. When we get older and we can't play anymore, I want the band to go out being still SLAYER. 'Cause we're all still alive. Can you imagine if one of us was dead? Then it's hard. It's like LED ZEPPELIN. You know, LED ZEPPELIN with Jason Bonham is not the same; it's not the same. I hear double pedal in Jason Bonham and it's, like, 'Why are you doing that?' ZEPPELIN is about single bass, you know."
Globox666
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Globox666 »

1er concert de Slayer depuis la mort de Jeff et le retour de Paul :

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/slaye ... st-inside/

ça reste un beau staff (huh huh).
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007