Behemoth - The Satanist

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Polish extreme metallers BEHEMOTH have set "The Satanist" as the title of their tenth full-length album, due in the fall via Nuclear Blast in Europe and Metal Blade in North America. The CD is being recorded at Hertz studio in Bialystok, Poland with the help of the Wieslawscy brothers and Daniel Bergstrand (MESHUGGAH, IN FLAMES, SOILWORK, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD).

"It took us over two decades to come up with a title that… says it all," comments BEHEMOTH guitarist/vocalist Adam "Nergal" Darski.

"While our new songs artistically take surprisingly adventurous directions, our message stands steadfast — proud and radical.

"'The Satanist' stands for undying yearning for liberation and love for freedom in all aspects of life.

"Considering all our life experiences that often took dramatic curves, I couldn't think of more appropriate and fitting statement of who and where we are now."

In an interview with Rock N Roll Industries conducted aboard Barge To Hell extreme-metal cruise, Darski stated about the songwriting sessions for BEHEMOTH's next album: "I'm really thinking about my record. I'm dreaming my record, I'm eating my record, I'm shitting my record… I mean, everything just comes to the same thing: this artistic release that's gonna take place in the fall. That's the plan. … I'm so hyped and I'm so into delivering new stuff. I have this thought: every time I come up with a new theme or a new song idea, I think it's actually better than the one before. So I hope that this process stops at a certain point and I'm, like, 'OK, over. This is it. We're working on this bunch of songs and that's it.' Because this way I can go on forever."

In an April 2012 interview with Metal Blast, Nergal offered more information about BEHEMOTH's mindset going into the next album. "We want to take our time and not rush ourselves in any way," he said. "It looks like it might be the most important album in our career. I want to make the most honest record and I won't be bending to anyone's rules or expectations, including [BEHEMOTH's record labels] Metal Blade or Nuclear Blast. Every next BEHEMOTH album is a surprise and is never the same. . . We don't want to stress ourselves because the music business and the direction it takes is not as I would like it to be. That means we will be going against the current again and just do as we will and please. Whatever we do is going to be BEHEMOTH, 100%. It is the state of our will and nobody can deny it. I can tell you that we aren't going to come out with a reggae or country album; it's going to be BEHEMOTH, it's going to be extreme. But don't be surprised if people listened to it and said, 'Fuck, they did it. It's so amazing.' [laughs] That's what I like to say when I listen to my own music. I love to surprise myself. I hate things that are predictable. I want to surprise myself and surprise other people, as well. . . Don't get me wrong, I am a huge AC/DC fan and I expect AC/DC to be AC/DC, but don't expect BEHEMOTH to put out another 'The Apostasy', 'Demigod' or 'Evangelion' album, because that will not happen."

BEHEMOTH's ninth full-length studio album, 2009's "Evangelion", sold 8,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 56 on The Billboard 200 chart.
Et bien avec un titre comme ça, les polémiques sont loin d'être terminées... :lol:
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

En plus, ils avaient déjà sorti un album qui s'appelait "Satanica" ;)

Je ne sais pas si ça avait été évoqué quelque part, mais il y a peu de temps une photo de Nergal avait circulé alors qu'il était en compagnie de Ross Robinson. Ca a donné quoi cette histoire?
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Ils se sont enculés ? :D :cherchezpas:
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nergal va mettre son sang dans l'album, au sens figuré comme au sens propre :
Behemoth's frontman Adam "Nergal" Darski really wants to leave his own mark on the band's new record, literally. He was recently interviewed by Heavy magazine to whom he announced that the artwork for new album The Satanist will contain his own blood. Russian symbolist painter Denis Forkas was commissioned for the work, with Nergal delivering a box containing his own blood to Moscow where Forkas blended it into the painting to give it "a more organic feel." Also, producer Colin Richardson is no longer involved in the new album due to "creative differences", and has been replaced by producer Matt Hyde. His blood wasn't strong enough.

Nergal explains: "I wanted to incorporate some of my DNA into the art. This album seems to be so defining of who we are now as people and as individuals, and considering all the instances in recent years, [we wanted] to make it more 'ours' than it is usually."

Speaking of the design: "It's very arty; it's very artistic and it really has no heavy metal clichés in it. Expect something very special and spectacular, and deeper than all of the other products that are in the market."

About the producer situation, Nergal says: "We just couldn't agree on certain concepts and visions of what the record should sound like. He did a great job actually - but Matt was always supposed to be the main mixing guy for the record.

"Within a week or two weeks with Matt I had the whole record mixed and believe me, it's the best-sounding Behemoth record for sure. It's very organic, it's very different - I love it."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sorties annexes avant l'album :
Polish extreme metal heavyweights Behemoth just announced that they will release the first song off their new album titled The Satanist digitally and on vinyl only. The first single to be revealed will be "Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel". The Grupa 13 produced a video for the song which will be released on December 4th. You can watch a teaser now below.

The group's new album was produced by Behemoth, Wojtek and Slawek Wieslawscy and Daniel Bergstrand in Hertz Studio. The Satanist was mixed by Matt Hyde (Slayer) and mastered by Ted Jensen (Metallica, AC/DC) at Sterling Sound. The cover art, which will also be revealed on December 4th, is a painting by renowned Russian painter and occultist, Denis Forkas. For the cover, Nergal's own blood was included in the paint. Additional artwork was handled by Metastazis and Zbigniew Bielak.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et voilà le titre et clip, plutôt doomy et atmosphérique :

Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

La 3ème partie du Prologue (sur 4) :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

En tout cas leur visuel est toujours aussi énorme :o :up:
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

Thèmes très conventionnels mais la réalisation est jolie, par contre je me sens moins touchée par leur musique..
Larry a écrit :
26 mars 2018, 15:17
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Pas mal la chanson extrait ! :rock:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Keyser
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Keyser »

Groupe ô combien surestimé, même si en live ça bute.
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Morceau assez bon mais je trouve ça un peu vide au final... :/

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

Bah moi je le trouve lourd et puissant ce titre, j'aime bien :)
ImageImageImage
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

C'est pas censé être un groupe de black? :D
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Psyko Killer a écrit :C'est pas censé être un groupe de black? :D
ça fait un long moment que ce n'est plus le cas!
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Keyser
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Keyser »

Qu'est-ce que c'est plat et vide...
Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

:up: :up:

:/
Larry a écrit :
26 mars 2018, 15:17
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

L'album vient de sortir, si vous avez un compte Spotify, il est en écoute intégrale :

https://play.spotify.com/album/7l0L2YHlQwAyI4QyZTIWGS

Après 2 écoutes, je le trouve supérieur aux 2 derniers, des passages intéressants et intenses, d'autres moins emballant, pas sûr que je l'écoute souvent, mais ceux qui détestent le groupe continueront à le détester, les autres devraient trouver leur bonheur.

Pierre Desproges
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

guardianofsteel a écrit :
Psyko Killer a écrit :C'est pas censé être un groupe de black? :D
ça fait un long moment que ce n'est plus le cas!
Depuis le début tu veux dire? :lol:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Les 2 premiers albums du groupe étaient vraiment orientés black metal et assez bons d'ailleurs. :)

Pierre Desproges
Maxallica
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Maxallica »

Quel album jouissif :bow: Je l'écoute en boucle (même au boulot) et l'ambiance ainsi que la prod' pachydermique (poke Balin) me rendent dingue !
guardianofsteel a écrit :Très agréablement surpris par le set d'Evanescence avec un son énorme, des nouveaux morceaux qui passent bien la scène, et une chanteuse qui prouve que malgré ce qu'elle s'entête à faire, elle peut chanter quand elle ne se force pas à hurler ou à gémir et en faire trois tonnes. :up:
Répondre