Black Star Riders - The Killer Instinct

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Le groupe entre en studio dans les prochaines semaines pour enregistrer un second album qui devrait sortir au printemps 2015! :rock:
Black Star Riders Announce New Producer For Second Studio Album
2014 has already been a landmark year for Black Star Riders. They have already taken their critically and fan acclaimed live show on the road and stormed the stages of the United States and Japan for their first tours of both of those countries. The reaction has been nothing short of amazing! The guys then headed back out to Europe for the rest of the summer and brought the music to stages in Europe and the UK.
2014 is also the year where Black Star Riders will return to the studio to record their second album, the as yet titled follow up to the highly successful “All Hell Breaks Loose”. Originally, it was announced that Def Leppard front man Joe Elliott would take over production duties on the new album joined by long time Leppard sound guru Ronan McHugh. But due to unforeseen circumstances and schedule conflicts, Joe and Ronan have had to back out of the process.
Joe explains, “It is with great reluctance that I have had to pull out of the production job for the BSR 2nd album. When I agreed to do it after a great meeting with the boys, it was at was at a time when Def Leppard weren’t exceptionally busy. Things changed & I found myself in a situation where the amount of time I could allocate to the album would not have done justice to the record or the band. They deserve someone who can do the job without rushing it or having to bail out half way through due to other commitments. I KNOW they’re are going to make a great 2nd album & maybe sometime down the road we can revisit the idea of working together again. Myself Ricky & Scott have a very long standing & firm friendship which goes back decades!! I wish them nothing but the best & much success with the new album”. Ricky Warwick adds, “Joe is like a member of the family… I was very excited by the prospects of Joe working with us on the new record. But sometimes things happen that we cannot control. I know we will work with Joe in the future”.
The great news is that this change in Joe’s schedule has allowed us to find someone we are all very excited to work with. Taking over the production duties will be heralded producer Nick Raskulinecz. Nick has been at the desk for a number of incredible releases from such artists as The Foo Fighters, Alice In Chains, Rush and Mastodon. Ricky Warwick checks in on the working with Nick. “I have been a fan of Nick’s work for sometime. So when it became apparent that Nick wanted to work with us, we were all very excited! He has done some amazing work with other artists in the past and I can’t wait to hear what we manage to create together in the studio.”
Nick chimes in, "I was a fan of the first album, and I'm really excited about the songs they've written for their new record. I'm really looking forward to getting into the studio with them to help bring those songs to life."
Black Star Riders is set to enter the studio September 2014 to start recording their follow up release. Damon Johnson adds “Nick is an amazing talent and I know he is going to help take Black Star Riders to the next level. His resume is staggering, his reputation is stellar and his enthusiasm for our band and our songs is incredibly exciting.”
The new, as yet untitled, album will be released in the spring of 2015 through Nuclear Blast – the label behind acts such as Anthrax, Nightwish and Meshuggah. Black Star Riders are one of the first bands signed by Monte Conner – the former Roadrunner A&R guru who has signed acts such as Slipknot, Machine Head, Sepultura and Rush. Conner recently joined Nuclear Blast as the president of Nuclear Blast Entertainment, a new U.S. partnership he co-founded with Nuclear Blast owner Markus Staiger.
For the latest info on Black Star Riders, check out their website or official Facebook page.
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Vivement, j'aime beaucoup le premier ! :rock: :up:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

youhou :)
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

BLACK STAR RIDERS will release their seond studio album, "The Killer Instinct", in February 2015 via Nuclear Blast. The follow-up to 2013's "All Hell Breaks Loose" was recorded in October at a studio in Nashville, Tennessee with producer Nick Raskulinecz (RUSH, FOO FIGHTERS, ALICE IN CHAINS, MASTODON).

BLACK STAR RIDERS frontman Ricky Warwick stated about the album title: "Life's not fair, never has been, never will. Sometimes you have to live with a killer instinct just to survive in the ongoing pursuit of happiness. Because nobody can do for you what you should be doing for yourself."

The energy in the studio from a year of touring, and BLACK STAR RIDERS gelling as a creative force has resulted in a truly powerful sophomore effort. From the Irish-tinged rock of "Soldierstown" to the balls-out twin guitar riffing of "Sex, Guns & Gasoline", rom the dirty groove of "You Little Liar" to the acoustic "Blindsided", this is a band coming of age.

Says BLACK STAR RIDERS guitarist Damon Johnson: "Nick Raskulinecz came riding out of the sunset like a Viking warrior, with his record collection and arsenal of killer guitars and amplifiers and proved to be the world-class producer we had heard so much about. Indeed, the rumors are all true. There's no doubt that Ricky and I had written a sizable number of songs, but Nick patiently walked through the full song list with the entire band and made sure we focused on the material to best represent BLACK STAR RIDERS in 2015."

"The Killer Instinct" track listing:

01. The Killer Instinct
02. Bullet Blues
03. Finest Hour
04. Soldierstown
05. Charlie I Gotta Go
06. Blindsided
07. Through The Motions
08. Sex, Guns & Gasoline
09. Turn In Your Arms
10. You Little Liar

BLACK STAR RIDERS will head out on a co-headline tour of UK and Ireland with EUROPE throughout March 2015.

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

hâte d'entendre ça!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Cool :rock:
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

C'est le grand retour des albums avec 10 titres. :up:
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Visuel et toutes les tracklists dévoilés :

LIMITED 2CD DIGIBOOK
1. The Killer Instinct
2. Bullet Blues
3. Finest Hour
4. Soldierstown
5. Charlie I Gotta Go
6. Blindsided
7. Through The Motions
8. Sex, Guns & Gasoline
9. Turn In Your Arms
10. You Little Liar
Bonus CD:
1. Gabrielle
2. The Reckoning Day
3. The Killer Instinct (Acoustic)
4. Blindsided (Acoustic)
5. Charlie I Gotta Go (Acoustic)
6. Finest Hour (Acoustic)

CD
1. The Killer Instinct
2. Bullet Blues
3. Finest Hour
4. Soldierstown
5. Charlie I Gotta Go
6. Blindsided
7. Through The Motions
8. Sex, Guns & Gasoline
9. Turn In Your Arms
10. You Little Liar

LIMITED GATEFOLD BLACK VINYL
Side A
1. The Killer Instinct
2. Bullet Blues
3. Finest Hour
4. Soldierstown
5. Charlie I Gotta Go
Side B
1. Blindsided
2. Through The Motions
3. Sex, Guns & Gasoline
4. Turn In Your Arms
5. You Little Liar

LIMITED GATEFOLD CLEAR VINYL (Mail Order Only)
Side A
1. The Killer Instinct
2. Bullet Blues
3. Finest Hour
4. Soldierstown
5. Charlie I Gotta Go
Side B
1. Blindsided
2. Through The Motions
3. Sex, Guns & Gasoline
4. Turn In Your Arms
5. You Little Liar
Il sortira le 20 février.

Pierre Desproges
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Ils restent au moins dans le même univers pour ce qui est de la pochette. Enfin surtout pressé d'entendre le premier single maintenant.
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

vraiment hâte…... :rock:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Et voici le premier extrait :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sans surprise aucune. Mais c'est pas mal.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Dave Smallwood
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Dave Smallwood »

on dirait une vielle démo de Lizzy.
c'est du tout bon pour moi
Les fonctionnaires, c'est comme les livres dans une bibliothèque.
Plus c'est haut placé, moins ça sert !
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

On dirait surtout une démo du précédent Black Star Riders. :D :D :D
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Ouaip, aucune évolution entre les 2 albums visiblement, mais perso j'accroche toujours autant! :rock:
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Il était temps d'avoir un nouvel extrait !

Chouette morceau. :rock:

Pierre Desproges
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

2 nouveaux titres et 2 déceptions pour ma part…. :(
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

J'ai écouté l'album 2 fois dont une sobre et l'autre un peu moins, je le trouve pour le moment en deçà de "All Hell Breaks Loose".
Le sentiment d'avoir un groupe un peu plus en roue libre et un ensemble qui sonne moins 'inspiré' si ce n'est à la rigueur 'You Little Liar' et 'Soldierstown'.

Je dirais pour le moment que c'est un album correct et un peu banal aussi.
Avec aussi l'impression que BSR se détache davantage de l'aspect Thin Lizzy-like.

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La chanson "The Finest Hour" se démarque pas mal de Thin Lizzy, d'ailleurs.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Avez-vous remaqué que Scott Gorham apparait que très brièvement à l'image dans le clip au-dessus ?
C'est forcément un choix pensé. A se demander si il ne faut pas y voir le signe d'une moindre implication dans un avenir proche.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

J'avais aussi remarqué, c'est bizarre en effet. :(
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

bon je l'ai écouté….."soldiers's town" est une ressucée fadasse de "kingdom of the lost" sinon des pépites comme "Charlie I gotta go"( putaiiin ce son de Gibson…. :bave: )ou "bullet blues" m'ont convaincu :up: même si oui le groupe utilise les mêmes gimmicks stylistiques de leur magnifique 1er album…..
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

DefendersOfTheFaith a écrit :Avez-vous remaqué que Scott Gorham apparait que très brièvement à l'image dans le clip au-dessus ?
C'est forcément un choix pensé. A se demander si il ne faut pas y voir le signe d'une moindre implication dans un avenir proche.
Je pense plutôt que c'est une volonté de se démarquer du tampon "Thin Lizzy" et de fonctionner comme un vrai nouveau groupe.
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Possible mais il n'empêche que sur ce disque son nom apparait sur 3 titres (sur 12 au total) contre 6 sur le précédent (sur 12 également).
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Répondre