Voodoo Hill (Dario Mollo + Glenn Hughes) : 3ème album

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Italian guitarist Dario Mollo is working hard to put the finishing touches on the long awaited third Voodoo Hill album, entitled Waterfall.

Voodoo Hill is a collaborative effort between the Italian musician and legendary singer/bassist Glenn Hughes. The new album marks the first rock release from Glenn since the demise of the short lived power trio California Breed. The musical direction of this new album has a solid foundation in hard rock with some very melodic moments and diverse influences ranging from classic Deep Purple/Rainbow and Led Zeppelin to Van Halen.

Dario Mollo says, “I put a huge amount of work on this record, even though Glenn also helped a lot giving me a lot of suggestions for improvement. Glenn did an amazing job in songwriting/performing and I’ve never heard him so pleased about the results! I think this is the album we did together that suits his singing and style the most and in the end this truly became a team effort. Maestro Dario Patti did also a fantastic job arranging the orchestral parts in two songs. Every time I listen to the album a stupid smile appears in my face, so I just can’t wait to see people reactions!”

Musicians completing the lineup are Andrea Maiellano on bass, Riccardo Vruna, Vladimir Ruzicic Kebac on drums and Dario Patti on keyboards and bass.

Frontiers Music Srl plans to release Waterfall in September 2015 - more details will be released soon.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Ah !!! ça c'est une excellente nouvelle. J'ai adoré les 2 premiers albums et je suis content de retrouver Hughes dans un registre Heavy!
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En espérant que ça lui donne également envie de hardrocker pour ses albums solo!
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

ouais pas mal ça tiens ! le dernier à au moins 10 ans !!
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

:scratch: y avait pas le guitariste de "silent force" A. Beyrodt au début dans ce groupe ?
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Tu confonds avec Voodoo Circle, le groupe avec Mat Sinner, Alex Beyrodt et David Readman. Beyrodt en fait toujours partie.

Vodoo Hill n'est pas vraiment un groupe mais plutôt un projet studio de Dario Mollo (qui a aussi en parallèle le projet "The Cage" avec Tony Martin de Black Sabbath) avec Glenn Hughes au chant. Ils ne se produisent jamais en live.
Vodoo Hill c'est du hard rock mélodique avec une rythmique plus ou moins heavy selon les morceaux.
En tout cas j'ai toujours trouvé ça excellent.

mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

:up: merci ;)
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Italian guitarist Dario Mollo is working hard to put the finishing touches on the long awaited third Voodoo Hill album, entitled Waterfall. The official release date is October 16th and in the coming months the first taste of music from the album will be released. In the meantime, check out the album artwork below.

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Des extraits de plusieurs titres :

Pierre Desproges
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Ça s annonce encore très bien.
Sacré zicos aussi le Mollo. Quant à Hughes je suids encore bluffé par la puissance et la couleur de da voix à 60 piged.Dommage que ça ne reste qu'un projet studio.
(En même temps hughes à autre chose à faire que de tourner avec un projet frontiers)
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le troisième extrait, enfin celui à 2'50, a un côté "Stargazer" sur le solo...

Prometteur en tout cas.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Apparemment Hugues a été nettement plus impliqué dans le projet cette fois :
With the first VOODOO HILL album in 2000, Dario, for the first time, had the chance to have a proper international release, while the follow-up effort, "Wild Seed Of Mother Earth", is probably the heaviest and strongest release ever from Dario. Both albums came out via the Italian label Frontiers, with whom Dario has built a strong relationship during the years.

"Waterfall" came about as a result "of the most prolific and creative period I had in my entire career," says Dario. "I wrote and recorded more than 35 song ideas in a very limited amount of time, leveraging from all the experiences I gathered as a guitar player, writer and producer. This creative phase had a further development when Dario Patti (keyboardist, bass player and orchestra arranger) came into the picture. He brought the songs a new palette of sounds and some superb arrangements. I also wanted the songs to sound as fresh as possible, trying my best to preserve the feeling of the overall performances, so I used very old school recording methods, including recording acoustic drums in rooms with natural reverb."

He continues: "It was right in the middle of this creative spring that Serafino of Frontiers called me to see whether I wanted to finally work on a third VOODOO HILL album after all these years. He said Glenn Hughes was available in principle, so the next thing I did was to choose the 11 songs which I thought suited the project the best.

"In comparison to the previous albums, I wanted to have Glenn more involved in the artistic decisions, so I sent him the songs before the final mixes in order to have his advices on the final result. That was a precious process that brought substantial changes. For instance, on 'Last Door', where I literally changed the entire guitar riff to make it work better with the vocal melodies. In the end, the song was basically rewritten and dramatically improved.

"It was a fabulous creative process, which I am truly confident will last more than a bunch of listening sessions and will offer a lot of enjoyment to all those will want to follow VOODOO HILL in this exciting musical venture”.

"Waterfall" is a strong and straightforward hard and heavy rock album which is equally split between aggressive and heavy moments and beautiful melodies.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/glenn- ... J7Ha03M.99
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

ouais c'est cool, achat d'office pour ma part !
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Premier extrait complet :

Pierre Desproges
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

Vraiment un très bon label Frontier records, ils sortent un paquet d'albums qui me plaisent.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
jerome83
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par jerome83 »

Je suis déjà allé au studio de DARIO MOLLO a vingtimille c'est un mec très cool....il vient de produire le dernier SATAN....
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Et de 4 :

Pierre Desproges
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

c'est un putain de tueur de Glenn Hughes vocalement, pour l'avoir déjà vu en live avec Black Country Communion (et le 14/10 prochain à Clermont :amour: :amour: ) c'est vraiment bluffant cette voix à 63 balais
Répondre