To/Die/For (gothic/rock metal, Finlande)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Krabathora
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Krabathora »

Glamoureux en diable, To/Die/For préparent les pots de miel et reviennent avec un cinquième album, "Wounds Wide Open", le 4 octobre prochain (date de la sortie en Finlande).
"One for one
And none for all
Piece no peace
And FUCK YOU ALL !!!"

(G//Z/R "Drive Boy Shooting")
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe vient de se séparer.
Finnish gothic metallers TO/DIE/FOR have officially disbanded.

Commented singer Jape Peratalo: "My nerves, stress level and life came to the point that I really need to get some rest and say goodbye for these stressful and still nice days with TO/DIE/FOR.

"Since 2005, we have been through so many shitty things. We have been unlucky to meet so many shitty promoters etc. FUCK YOU ALL (this is for all of those socalled promoters who ruined some of our tours, and are also one of TO/DIE/FOR's killers). Also, I have to thank some promoters, like AYU from Mexico! And, of course, we met other great and friendly promoters too around the world! But...a few assholes really can kill you!?

"Italy visit a couple of years ago,and U.S tour 2007 really sucked a huge part of my/our energy and motivation. It was a miracle that I continued after U.S tour until these days!

"Now, one booking agency tried to handle our first South American tour and also things with this did not work. Local promoters here and there did not pay their part
for the main promoters in time etc. They just could not handle things, which had to be clear. I am so sad and pissed off this tour did not happen... AGAIN! We are so sorry for our fans there.

"There was only nine shows totally confirmed for almost five weeks? And many more not that 'handled' things. They seemed to be working very hard for us, but still... Again, I felt like 'we have been through this shit before.' Also, all these lineup changes always stressed me a lot and made me sad, but still everyone who played with me in TO/DIE/FOR were great persons! Every lineup change killed a little part of me...well, except one!

"With our latest lineup, we tried to write new songs, and we had some 'raw' songs, but there was one big problem! No one seemed to like same kind of songs. Latest album came out in 2006 and after that we had only one new song? And we are not satisfied with it either. Some things must be wrong, I think!? Also, I felt like 'something is trying to drive TO/DIE/FOR's music to wrong direction.' I am gothic and that's it.I do not like heavy metal riffs (actually, I hate it!) and too many hooks here and there. I want it more simple! I want people to remember TO/DIE/FOR as it was on 'All Eternity' [1999], 'Epilogue' [2001] and 'IV' [2005] days.

"I could write many lovely words about every TO/DIE/FOR members I ever played with, but biggest thanks I HAVE TO give for Tonmi Lillman. He is my soulmate what comes to writing music.

"So... as you understand, i am not gonna continue anymore this TO/DIE/FOR suffering, hassle and chaos. It is my time to relax and get new things into my life. We had a lot of fun, we met interesting people here and there. We got new friends etc. Many great things also happened.

"Other members are having their bands. Joonas is playing with MALPRACTICE, Antza is playing in I.D. EXORCIST (and Antza is the guitarist who fucking rocks!), Josey plays punk somewhere, Santtu still plays drums in a couple of local bands here (with Miikka Kuisma). Newest and latest TO/DIE/FOR member Toni is also having a lot of different kind of music projects. Tonmi Lillman (one of my heroes) is working at the studio in Helsinki and also he is still playing drums in VANGUARD and AJATTARA. Alli is playing his guitars at home, Juska is studying something weird things somewhere.

"And believe or not, also we had a lot of fans around the world and all I can say for them is 'I am not sorry at all, and still I am very sorry. This just had to happen right now, and BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. And we will meet again anyway somewhere, somehow, someday.'

"I am singing and writing songs in a band called SUNDOWN SINDROME. We just recorded our first promo CD in Germany, and we are trying to find a great label for us soon as possible. One thing is sure... I am gonna hit the road very soon with new plans and with my new band.

"I am feeling so fresh and happy with SUNDOWN SINDROME. It feels so great to start from the clean table. Every member of this band are in a same boat! We already feel like brothers. No stress, just rocking!

"After all... Some may be pissed off because of my decision, and some may be happy But this is my life. Do we continue someday? Who knows? Personally, I am listening my heart as always."

TO/DIE/FOR's fifth album, "Wounds Wide Open", was released in Finland in October 2006. The follow-up to 2005's "IV" was recorded by Samu Oittinen at Fantom Studios and by Jari-Jukka Nippala at Sonic Image, and was mixed at Sweden's Abyss Studios by Peter Tägtgren (DIMMU BORGIR, CELTIC FROST).
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

J'aimais bien leur premier album, "All eternity", la suite un peu moins... Le groupe était sur la pente descendante autant en termes artistiques que commerciaux, donc leur split n'est pas très surprenant.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

To/Die/For

Message par Everflow »

Ce groupe finlandais n'est pas mort et sort un best of :
"HEY you Immortals.

All songs for the TO/DIE/FOR´s 6th. album are composed.
Songs are only waiting to be recorded.

There is also gonna be a couple of songs which JAPE and TONMI did together in early 90´s with their band called MARY-ANN.

ANGELICA song,which is on TO/DIE/FOR epilogue from the past best of...album will be fixed too.More low guitars and more "balls" are gonna be there.

some songs are named but we have no name for the album yet.

IF the idea which we created lately will work (about how to handle money/labels,studio costs etc.) we can record the whole album in june/july i guess.
But next days will tell us a lot so let´s just fucking wait.

Before that Jape von Crow will have studio session with Sundown Sindrome in Germany between 28th.april to 8th.May.
Sundown Sindrome´s first album will be released also in 2010.

The rest of year 2010 is gonna be busy! but enjoyable.....hopefully!

~JAPE von CroW~"

To/Die/For - Epilogue From The Past (2010)
01. Hollow Heart (3:54)
02. Liquid Lies (3:54)
03. Farewell (3:48)
04. Dying Embers (3:53)
05. Live in You (Acoustic Version) (4:15)
06. Anos De Dolor (3:58)
07. Little Deaths (4:12)
08. Chaotic Me (3:24)
09. Too Much Ain't Enough (4:48)
10. Autumn Forever (4:30)
11. Vale Of Tears (3:49)
12. Immortal Love (3:46)
13. Angelica (4:07)
14. Wicked Circle (3:55)
15. Like Never Before (4:06)
16. Together Complete (5:00)
17. In The Heat Of The Night (4:40)
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

TO/DIE/FOR news

Message par Gandalf »

Changement de batteur et entrée en studio:

Finnish gothic metallers TO/DIE/FOR have parted ways with drummer Tonmi Lillman. According to vocalist Jape Perätalo, "Tonmi is very great drummer and recorder and musician, but he is having so much other things to do also. TO/DIE/FOR is a thing I wanna do with all of heart and that's why I decided to be free, and do it without Tonmi again. It is sad, but I have my life, too, and I cannot just wait and wait all the time. Of course there is other reasons, too, but [no] personal problems. I love him as a friend always."

Perätalo added, "Trying to it with Tonmi it would take too long and [the next TO/DIE/FOR] album would not come before 2020... or do it sooner with guys who are living more near me, rehearsals would be easier, etc. etc. Many reasons."

TO/DIE/FOR's new lineup:

* Jape Perätalo - Vocals
* Santtu Lonka - Drums
* Juppe Sutela - Guitar
* Josey Strandman - Bass
* Antti-Matti "Antza" Talala (ETERNAL TEARS OF SORROW, FLESHTONE, KALMAH) - Guitar
* Jussi-Mikko "Juska" Salminen (NEW DAWN FOUNDATION, TIAGA, HIM) - Keyboards

The new TO/DIE/FOR lineup will make its live debut on October 23 at the Icehall in Kouvola, Finland. In addition, the band will enter the studio on October 5 to begin recording its sixth album for an early 2011 release. Several tracks will be laid down during the initial sessions, including "Cry For Love" (IGGY POP cover), "Death Comes In March", "Into The Storm" and "Bittersweet Bleeding Heart".
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Publié le 14 décembre, voici le nouvel opus des finlandais de To/Die/For, "Samsara".

SophiePetoncule
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par SophiePetoncule »

tin j'ai pas reconnu le chanteur, on dirait que c'est pas le même que sur Epilogue, Il force beaucoup pour donner un coté éraillé, j'aime bien ce coté vieux ours :up:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Alors un clip pour la route.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

L'album sortira finalement le 27 juillet sur Massacre Records.

Un tube cette reprise d'Iggy Pop :

Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Ah ouais, j'écoutais Samsara Blues Experiment juste avant, du coup j'ai confondu en voyant sur le coup, mais rien à voir. :lol:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le clip officiel :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'aime vraiment la voix déglinguée de ce gars. :)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un clip issu du nouvel album :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe vient de splitter, ça fait encore un membre de moins de cette scène "gothique" finlandaise après l'arrêt de Sentenced, Poisonblack et Charon...
Suomi metal band To/Die/For just announced their farewell. The Finnish band broke up after 17 years as a band, Cult being their last album, released last year. It will all be over and one of their last performances will be at the John Smith Festival in Laukaa, Finland.

Frontman and founding member Jarno "Jape" Perätalo posted on Facebook: "It's time to say goodbye forever! We came to the end of our painful road with To/Die/For. We had fun, we played in many countries, we met great people all around, we played with some great bands here and there, we released seven albums... we had fun (sometimes maybe) and we suffered.

"I need to thank and say sorry for some people who helped us and made good things happen: Riku Pääkkönen. Ewo Pohjola. Ayu Davalos. Chrissy Turpeinen. Tommi Kurki. Our fans who've been there from the beginning! LOVE! For you all, we are more than thankful!

"17 years of our madness will be buried in Friday at John Smith Festival in 22nd of July 2016. Hopefully our music lives on in our real fans heart! Love, Peace and Rock and Roll Forever!"
SophiePetoncule
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par SophiePetoncule »

Everflow a écrit :J'aime vraiment la voix déglinguée de ce gars. :)
oui moi aussi c'est ce que je disais d'ailleurs un peu plus haut...
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Je me recite pour un post dans ce même topic un peu plus haut, qui date de 2009...
Pierre a écrit :J'aimais bien leur premier album, "All eternity", la suite un peu moins... Le groupe était sur la pente descendante autant en termes artistiques que commerciaux, donc leur split n'est pas très surprenant.
A dans quelques années :coucou: :D
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bien vu, c'est déjà leur second split.
Mais cette fois ils ont l'air au bout du rouleau : "We came to the end of our painful road" / "we had fun (sometimes maybe) and we suffered."

Quoique c'est peut-être juste de la comm, ou bien tout simplement le style "dépressif finlandais" qui s'exprime. :D

N'empêche toute cette scène disparait progressivement, à part HIM et Entwine. J'ai découvert récemment que certains l'appellent depuis longtemps "Suomi Metal", même si tous les groupes du genre ne sont pas finlandais.
Répondre