reformation de Powermad

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je me demandais s'il restait encore des groupes de power/thrash metal US des années 80 pas encore reformés... ah ben ouais, POWERMAD.
Du coup ils se reforment pour combler ce vide :D
POWERMAD 2007 is:

Joel DuBay - Guitar/Vocals
Todd Haug - Guitar
Jeff Litke - Bass
John Macaluso – Drums

POWERMAD has been called "an innovative and often forgotten speed metal band... who infused progressive metal styles and European styles into abstract American speed metal." The group's intricate riff formulations are heavily influenced by thrash-metal acts like METALLICA and TESTAMENT, but vocalist Joel DuBay's mixture of melodic singing and high screams is reminiscent of Rob Halford (JUDAS PRIEST) and Tom Araya (SLAYER).
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Ronnie Ripper
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Ronnie Ripper »

je me souviens encore de leur performance dsns le film de david lynch "sailor et lula".
ce riff de tueur!!
Live your life fighting.
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

yes le morceau qu'on entend dans "Sailor et lula" est "Slaughterhouse" , il figure sur l'unique album du groupe.
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Quelques news en vrac : ils ont un nouveau batteur (Dirk Verbeuren de Scarve/Soilwork), travaillent sur le nouvel album, et ont mis en ligne un clip (voir ci-dessous).
Minneapolis technical speed metal legends POWERMAD, who achieved cult status with the critically acclaimed 1989 masterpiece The Madness Begins, are perhaps best known for their appearance in the classic David Lynch movie Wild At Heart performing their thrashing anthem, 'Slaughterhouse'.

More than two decades later, the quartet’s unique blend of thrash and power metal has evolved and grown into a raging beast fueled by a voracious appetite for all things heavy. With a new drummer - SOILWORK's Dirk Verbeuren - and a long-awaited second album in the making, Powermad, led by vocalist/guitarist Joel DuBay, is ready to once again tear up stages worldwide!

When asked about Powermad’s re-emergence, DuBay said: “It’s about damn time! Jeff, Todd and I are extremely anxious to complete the new record with Dirk, and with every new song we write, we’re more and more excited to bring our brand of metal to anyone that will listen."

What’s the new music like? "It's intense..." (An evil grin crosses his face) "I’ve never been happier about Powermad than I am right now! The music is emotional, crushing and spans the sonic landscape. I think people who've followed us since day one and people who are new to Powermad will find things in our music that they like. We're a band that intends to bring it at every show we play to those who’ll be there with us. Powermad is back bitches!”
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Metal B
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Metal B »

Le groupe devrait réediter son album, ça serait une bonne idée je trouve...
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

Madbutcher a écrit :yes le morceau qu'on entend dans "Sailor et lula" est "Slaughterhouse" , il figure sur l'unique album du groupe.
y a 2 mlp aussi.
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Globox666
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Globox666 »

Je me réécoutais en début de soirée "Absolute Power" et l'EP d'avant "Madness Begins" que je trouve très sympathiques et je me suis rappelé qu'ils s'étaient reformés les Powermad.

Et paf je découvre qu'ils ont sorti un album l'année dernière en catimini et que pour me procurer le cd, je peux me brosser Martine donc je l'écoute sur Youtube et ça s'écoute plutôt pas mal, le ton s'est pas mal durci, le son épaissit, y a Dirk Verbeuren qui joue du tambour dessus, y a des relents Nevermore mais j'ai du mal à reconnaître Powermad même au niveau du chant et ça sort pas du lot. A réécouter mais je ne sais pas si je vais insister pour me trouver le cd finalement :(
Répondre