Lilian Axe

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Eh oui, un nouvel album de ce groupe est prévu pour bientôt :o :tata:
Le 19 juin en l'occurrence!

Opening for the likes of RATT, POISON, QUEENSRŸCHE, KROKUS, STRYPER and LITA FORD, working with some of rock's most respected producers and scoring several "Headbanger's Ball"-approved video clips, LILLIAN AXE certainly carved (or perhaps more appropriately, chopped) a niche for themselves with metalheads worldwide during the '80s and '90s. And now, after an extended hiatus, the group — which is now comprised of Derrick LeFevre (lead vocals), Steve Blaze (lead guitars/vocals), Sam Poitevent (guitars/vocals), Eric Morris (bass), and Ken Koudelka (drums) — will unleash their first new studio album in nearly fifteen years (and first for the Metro City Records label), titled "Waters Rising", on June 19.

"We have spent the last three years getting this record done, in four different locations, and we have gone through a complete metamorphosis mentally and physically," explains Blaze. "It's a different environment in the music industry these days yet the spirit and soul in creating music has stayed the same in the LILLIAN AXE camp. My engineer, Rob Hovey, and I spent many hours experimenting with different approaches to this record, but it always came back to the same formula: do what we do, period."

Blaze also offered some insight regarding several favorite individual tracks from "Waters Rising". "The song 'Quarantine' deals with germaphobia — I suffer from this condition. I deal sometimes with the 'dirtiness' of the world by living in a very clean, pristine, and organized environment. 'The 2nd of May' speaks of child disappearance and the theories behind the inability to find so many missing people. 'Field of Yesterday' would be LILLIAN AXE's 'Stairway to Heaven' or 'Bohemian Rhapsody'. The one song that encompasses the pieces sonically and emotionally that are the quintessential elements of that group. It is about eight minutes long and has a mid-section which capsulates the history of man's existence in an ethereal interlude which soars and then slams back to reality. '5' is an instrumental in which I used about 80 guitar tracks. I attempted to touch on many different aspects of the instrument from arpeggios to clean picking to orchestration to heavy blues riffs to speed riffing to manipulation feedback. It took a while, as I wrote it as we recorded it, but the fanatic end result was just what I intended."

Originally formed in 1983, the New Orleans-based group soon caught the attention of RATT manager Marshall Berle and MCA Records, leading to the release of the group's self-titled 1988 release (produced by late RATT guitarist Robbin Crosby), 1989's "Love and War" (produced by Tony Platt, who previously worked with AC/DC), 1991's "Out of the Darkness into the Light", 1992's "Poetic Justice", and 1993's "Psycho-Schizophrenia" (the last two of which were produced by Leif Mases, who previously worked with LED ZEPPELIN). Additionally, such LILLIAN AXE tracks as "Dream of a Lifetime", "Show a Little Love", "True Believer", and a cover of BADFINGER's "No Matter What" received attention from rock radio and MTV.

By the middle of the '90s, LILLIAN AXE opted to take a break, although a collection of previously unreleased material was issued in 1999, "Fields of Yesterday". With metal once more ruling the charts and the airwaves by the early 21st century, LILLIAN AXE was back in business with live shows, resulting in the release of their first-ever live album, "Live 2002", recorded in Houston, Texas. Roadwork has continued for the band — including playing to 27,000 fans at Germany's Bang Your Head Festival in 2004, as well as an extensive European tour a year later. With new singer LeFevre recently replacing longtime frontman Ron Taylor, "Waters Rising" sees a whole new metallic chapter unfolding for LILLIAN AXE.

"This album has been conceptually in the works for years," explained Blaze. "'Waters Rising' represents the boiling point factor, that life seems to be a tumultuous ride always on the brink of explosion. These recent times on this planet seem to be proving this point. However, in each individual is the point where you reconcile this within your spirit and peace takes over allowing you to cope more effectively. The songs on this record cover the different ways that we deal with this factor and the fact that everyone is trying to make sense of it."

"Waters Rising" track listing:

01. Waters Rising
02. Antarctica
03. Become A Monster
04. Quarantine
05. I Have to Die, Goodbye
06. Fear of Time
07. Until the End of the World
08. Fields of Yesterday
09. Thirst
10. The 2nd of May
11. Deep in the Black
12. 5
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Yeahhhh super nouvelle !

J'aime beaucoup ce groupe, Love And War et Poetic Justice sont vraiment d'excellents albums que je recommande à toutes les tatas du forum :tata: :tata: :tata:
Ta'abacab
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Ta'abacab »

Psychozyschephrenia :fou: aussi :up: :up:

Le live 2000 par contre laisse augurer une voix de heavy metal guy bien massacré, comme tesla en pire :/ (c'est plus le même chanteur d'ailleurs non ?)

:tata: vais m'en remettre hein tiens :up:
Meanwhile lurking by a stone in the mud, two eyes looked to see what I was and something spoke and this is what it said to me .......
old Craspouille
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par old Craspouille »

ils sont pas mort eux?en tout cas bonne nouvelle!!!! :bang:
1664 , THE NUMBER OF THE BEER !!!
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

DukeTata a écrit :Psychozyschephrenia :fou: aussi :up: :up:

Le live 2000 par contre laisse augurer une voix de heavy metal guy bien massacré, comme tesla en pire :/ (c'est plus le même chanteur d'ailleurs non ?)

:tata: vais m'en remettre hein tiens :up:
Bah sur ce live que j'avais écouté l'an dernier il me semble que c'était le même chanteur (en tout cas la voix était la même).
Miki
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Miki »

DukeTata a écrit :Psychozyschephrenia :fou: aussi :up: :up:

:
C'est leur chef-d'oeuvre ! Cet album est tout bonnement magnifique ! :bang:
Miki

Metal playmobil
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le chanteur de feu Metal Church les a rejoints :
As of August 1, 2010, Ronny Munroe, formerly the lead vocalist of METAL CHURCH, will join Louisiana rockers LILLIAN AXE as a full-time member, replacing departing singer Derrick LeFevre.

The members of LILLIAN AXE wish Derrick LeFevre nothing but the best of luck in his future endeavors. Unfortunately, Derrick could not commit to the rigorous touring schedule that LILLIAN AXE prides itself on to this day.

When Ronny Munroe takes the stage, he has the crowd's attention. His unique vocal style sets him apart from other singers because he brings something extraordinary to every song.

Ronny is an in-your-face performer, consummate professional, innovative lyricist and songwriter who fuses melody with hard hitting rock in a way that will take your breath away.

LILLIAN AXE founder and guitarist Steve Blaze says, "We met Ronny in Seattle playing a show together two years ago. My first impression was 'Damn, he's tall!' After watching him perform, I thought to myself how amazing a vocalist and presence he was.

"I always keep in the back of my mind great talents when I see them, and Ronny was one of those guys.

"During the three days we spent together in New Orleans rehearsing and getting to know each other, I was amazed how well he fit in as a human being as well as a bandmate.

"The true talent is only half the game; the person is the other. Ronny has it all.

"Having Ronny as a writing partner and performing partner is something I am very much looking forward to!”

Bassist Eric Morris agrees: "I am looking forward to what a vocalist like Ronny can bring to the table. I think he will add a whole new element and catapult our music into a brand new fan base as well as satisfy the die-hards."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Et 4 mois après il se barre déjà :D :D
Il est impliqué dans trop de projets apparemment:

Former METAL CHURCH frontman Ronny Munroe has announced his departure from LILLIAN AXE — less than four months after he joined the Louisiana-based band.

"I'm sorry to announce that I have had to step down from my position as lead vocalist of LILLIAN AXE," Munroe writes in a statement. "My commitments to my other bands have made it impossible to give LILLIAN AXE the time and dedication that it truly deserves.

"I want to thank Steve Blaze [guitar] and the rest of the LILLIAN camp for the opportunity to front such a great band and I wish them all the best for the future."
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils ont signé chez AFM Records.
New Orleans-based Hard Rock/Metal legend LILLIAN AXE has signed with AFM Records. On January 27th, the cult band´s new album, „XI: The Days Before Tomorrow”, will be released.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

Acheté au Metal assault le week end dernier. Ecouté pour la première fois ce matin en venant au boulot. La première écoute m'a laissé une bonne impression. Il m'a semblé varié avec quelques refrains accrocheurs.
A approfondir mais ça me semble être un bon cru. :rock:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

P'tit Nico
Agent of Steel
Agent of Steel

Message par P'tit Nico »

J'ai hâte!!!! :amour: :amour: :amour:

La prod' a l'air bonne en plus.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une interview pour toi alors : http://www.rockmusicstar.com/lillianaxe
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

P'tit Nico
Agent of Steel
Agent of Steel

Message par P'tit Nico »

Pas terrible le clip, trop speed. En même temps normal pour la chanson la plus "speed" de l'album.

Je ne comprends pas pourquoi ce groupe n'est pas plus considéré, ils ont toujours fait des chansons excellentes. :(
Répondre