rééditions de Paradise Lost

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Les détails de la réédition de Gothic :
UK gothic metal pioneers PARADISE LOST have announced plans to release a special edition of their classic "Gothic" album, which originally came out in 1991. Along with the LP, this special edition contains a very rare video performance from a 1991 PARADISE LOST show (that evening supported by MY DYING BRIDE and PITCHSHIFTER) and features classic tracks from the band's first two albums.

The "Gothic" special edition coincides with the 20-year celebration of the band, in which PARADISE LOST teamed up for a handful of very special shows in September with the other leaders of the early Nineties doom metal revolution, namely MY DYING BRIDE and ANATHEMA.

PARADISE LOST from West Yorkshire, UK, formed in 1988 when vocalist Nick Holmes and guitarist Gregor Mackintosh came together with the idea of taking metal beyond the conventional styles of the time. They were influenced by acts such as CANDLEMASS, CELTIC FROST and MORBID ANGEL, and concocted a unique atmosphere of their own as a result. This was already apparent when their debut album, "Lost Paradise", appeared on Peaceville Records in 1990, and blended death metal with doom and some melodic elements, but it wasn't until their follow-up album that the metal world witnessed the birth of a new style of music.

"Gothic" was THE album responsible for a whole sub genre of metal, gothic doom metal, upon its release in 1991. Creating a more melancholy and atmospheric form of doom metal, with the introduction of the distinctive and unmistakable PARADISE LOST lead guitar melodies, the band was quickly propelled to the forefront of pioneering extreme metal bands of the early Nineties.

The "Gothic" album was recorded in late 1990/early 1991 at the renowned Academy Studios in Yorkshire; a studio responsible for classic recordings from bands such as MY DYING BRIDE, ANATHEMA, CRADLE OF FILTH and BAL-SAGOTH, among many others.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et maintenant voici la réédition de leurs démos de 1988-89, avec des titres live en bonus :

British gothic metal pioneers PARADISE LOST will releasing their demos, "Paradise Lost" (1988) and "Frozen Illusion" (1989), on CD. These raw recordings, which saw the band still firmly rooted in the field of doomy death metal, are being accompanied by six live tracks from the "Plains Of Desolation" bootleg, which has never been officially released as well. All songs have been digitally remastered and the release is strictly limited!

Guitarist Greg Mackintosh states: "Well what can I say about the re-release of our demos? This delves right down into our murky, sludgy beginnings. They may not be the best-produced demos ever, but they really sum up the raw honesty of a very exciting time in the U.K. and European underground heavy music scene. We always preferred our demos to our first album as we felt that the demos more succinctly captured the 'wallowing in a quagmire' sound. Hopefully these recordings will be taken for what they are ...the prime evil foundations of what was later to become gothic metal!"

Featuring extensive liner notes by vocalist Nick Holmes and a stunning vinyl replica packaging, "Drown In Darkness - The Early Demos" is a must-have for every PARADISE LOST fan and despite all its roughness, a sonic manifest of the early days of one of the most influential metal bands ever!

"Drown In Darkness - The Early Demos" (57:26) track listing:

01. Drown In Darkness (4:38)
02. Internal Torment (5:05)
03. Morbid Existence (2:38)
04. Paradise Lost (5:24)
05. Internal Torment (5:40)
06. Frozen Illusion (5:16)
07. Internal Torment (live) (4:40)
08. Our Saviour (live) (5:56)
09. Plains Of Desolation (live) (4:10)
10. Drown In Darkness (live) (4:37)
11. Paradise Lost (live) (5:34)
12. Nuclear Abomination (live) (3:48)

Tracks 1-3 taken from the "Paradise Lost" demo (1988)
Tracks 4- 6 taken from the "Frozen Illusion" demo (1989)
Tracks 7- 12 taken from the "Plains Of Desolation" bootleg (1989)
Jérome
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Jérome »

J'ai déjà les cassettes d'époques, je pense que je me les procurerai en version CD, si toutefois un léger travail de remasterisation a été effectué. Cette reédition s'adresse toutefois aux fans acharnés ou aux collectionneurs je pense, car le early- Paradise Lost pour l'époque c'était bien underground quand même. :yeah:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une bande-annonce pour cette réédition :

[youtube][/youtube]
Répondre