Spiritual Beggars, nouveau chanteur

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Un nouvel album est en préparation, sortie prévue septembre 2010, 5 ans après "Demons" il était temps !!! à noter que "JB" le chanteur ne fait plus partie du groupe, il veut se consacrer uniquement à son groupe Grand Magus, il est remplacé par Apollo Papathanasio

SPIRITUAL BEGGARS 2010 :

Michael Amott (ARCH ENEMY, CARCASS) – Guitars
Ludwig Witt (FIREBIRD) – Drums
Per Wiberg (OPETH) - Keyboards
Sharlee D'Angelo (ARCH ENEMY, MERCYFUL FATE) – Bass
Apollo Papathanasio (FIREWIND) – Vocals

R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

'tain, je sais pas comment Firewind va pouvoir gérer son futur entre Gus G. barré avec Osbourne et maintenant le chanteur dans Spiritual Beggars (qui n'a pas non plus une grosse activité c'est vrai !)
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un extrait est en ligne : http://www.myspace.com/spiritualbeggars
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Néchrome
Traveler in Time
Traveler in Time

Message par Néchrome »

L'extrait à l'air pas mal! Faudra voir ce que donne l'album...
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

Dommage que le chanteur se casse, car il est vraiment excellent. Je ne peux pas écouter l'extrait là maintenant car je suis au taf mais j'écouterais ça ce soir.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Capitaine False a écrit :Dommage que le chanteur se casse, car il est vraiment excellent.
C'est clair !!! les 2 albums auquel il a participé sont pas loin d'être les meilleurs du groupe, il y est pour beaucoup... bon j'adore aussi "Ad Astra" et "Mantra III"... Bon j'attends beaucoup de cet album, j'ai pas écouté l'extrait, j'atends un morceau entier pour juger.
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

De toute façon tous les albums de SB ont la casse (je ne connais pas le tout premier)
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Capitaine False a écrit :De toute façon tous les albums de SB ont la casse (je ne connais pas le tout premier)
tout à fait ! ce groupe est excellent ! le 1er c'est "Another way to Shine" je crois, ils ont sortis un truc avant mais il me semble que c'est un EP "Spiritual Beggars" qu'il s'appelle , celui là je l'ai pas, enfin je me plante peut être en disant que c'est un EP...
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

Another Way to shine c'est le deuxième, il y a celui-là avant:

Qui effectivement ne contient que 6 titres dans sa version d'origine. C'est celui qui me manque.
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

pareil, c'est celui qui me manque, bon c'est bien un LP alors, c'est à voir, ça doit être dans le même genre qu"'Another..." je suppose, j'aime bien mais c'est pas ma période préféré du groupe finalement, j'ai longtemps adoré "Ad Astra" jusque l'arrivée de "JB" et "On Fire" qui est une tuerie intégral !!!
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

Ouais mais Ad Astra et Mantra III quand même ! :D
Theli
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Theli »

Arfeuuhhhh

Moi qui revait de voir Spiritual Beggars Live avec JB ... :,( :,(

Tant pis pour moi ... Le mini Cd Live inclus avec la version deluxe de Demons est une tuerie sans nom :bang: :bang:
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Idem, ça me fait chier... en tout cas j'adore leur discographie, et ceux avec JB en particulier ont bien cartonnés en effet, comme pour ce qu'il fait avec GM. J'espère que le remplaçant sera à la hauteur, je suis pas spécialement fan de Firewind, après faut voir.
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Michael Amott explique le départ de JB :
Guitarist Michael Amott (SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, ARCH ENEMY, CARCASS) recently talked to Taka Okuno from Japan's leading metal magazine, Burrn!, and offered some insight into the new SPIRITUAL BEGGARS LP, revealing some songtitles and the album title. Michael also talked about the split with the previous SPIRITUAL BEGGARS singer vocalist Janne "J.B." Christoffersson and the addition of J.B.'s replacement, Apollo Papathanasio. An English-language translation of the interview follows below.

Burrn!: Why did [vocalist Janne "J.B." Christoffersson] leave the band?

Michael Amott: "In recent years it has always been quite difficult to gather all members of SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, due to the members commitments to other groups (ARCH ENEMY, CARCASS, OPETH, GRAND MAGUS, FIREBIRD, etc.). Whenever we could found the time, myself and Ludwig [Witt, drums] would meet and try out my new ideas for SPIRITUAL BEGGARS songs. I had been planning to make a new SPIRITUAL BEGGARS album for a couple of years now and J.B. was always positive about it when we discussed it. But when we finally booked the studio time and became more serious about creating the follow-up to 'Demons' (2005), J.B. had become increasingly concerned with clashing schedules with his own band, GRAND MAGUS. Of course, we were saddened by J.B.'s decision to leave SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, but we understand his position. The rest of us felt the new songs deserved to be recorded and heard by our fans, so we agreed that we wanted to make a new record and create the next chapter in the SPIRITUAL BEGGARS story! So our search for a new singer began... The rest of the lineup remains same since the 'Demons' record."

Burrn!: Are the SPIRITUAL BEGGARS camp and J.B. are getting along with each other? Are you guys still good friends, no fight, no quarrel at all?

Michael Amott: "No, no fighting! We remain on very friendly terms with J.B. and I personally count J.B. as one one my closest friends."

Burrn!: Please introduce your new singer.

Michael Amott: "Our new singer is Apollo Papathanasio. He is local singer from the area that myself and Ludwig live in. I have known Apollo for a few years and we actually worked together briefly before when he recorded some backing vocals on ARCH ENEMY's 'Doomsday Machine' album in 2005. Apollo is mostly known for his work with the Greek metal band FIREWIND. Our drummer, Ludwig Witt, has played for many years in bar bands doing covers with Apollo and Ludwig suggested Apollo for SPIRITUAL BEGGARS."

Burrn!: Tell us about his musical influences/inspirations. Is he a fan of old hard rock music like SABBATH, PURPLE, ZEPPELIN, MOUNTAIN, URIAH HEEP, etc. etc.?

Michael Amott: "Yes, Apollo's influences are very much rooted in the classic rock and metal of the '70s and '80s. He is the same age as the rest of us in SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, so we instantly shared a lot of common ground musically, and he really connected with the songs and delivered emotional vocals that really impressed us all."

Burrn!: Is his voice/tone/singing similar to previous singers?

Michael Amott: "Apollo does share some similarities with our previous singers — a rough and raw style based in blues and hard rock. He also has influences from the classic metal of the Eighties. I was always aware of the fact that he is great singer. However, even I was surprised how well his voice fit SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, in the new and the old songs. Apollo is showing a range and depth on this album that I believe will both surprise and please the SPIRITUAL BEGGARS fans!"

Burrn!: Please tell me the progress of the new record. I remember you wrote it's almost finished in your column. (Note: Michael Amott has been writing a monthly column for Burrn! magazine since 2003.)

Michael Amott: "Yes, that's right! After a few months of hard work in the studio, I'm very pleased to say that the recording is completed and the album is currently being mixed by our producer Rickard Bengtsson at his new Sweetspot Studio facilities in the south of Sweden. We are putting the artwork together now and it's looking spectacular!"

Burrn!: If possible, please name song titles, album title. And how does it sound compared to previous SPIRITUAL BEGGARS records?

Michael Amott: "We are calling the new album 'Return To Zero', and some of the songs are 'Star Born', 'Lost In Yesterday', 'The Chaos Of Rebirth', 'We Are Free', 'Concrete Horizon' — to name a few! The new album has a lot of the typical SPIRITUAL BEGGARS trademarks — it's heavy rock with a '70s atmosphere — but I also hear a definite progression and a deeper sense of melody in the songwriting and performances. It's exactly the kind of record I wanted to make with SPIRITUAL BEGGARS in 2010!"

Burrn!: Do you have a message for the SPIRITUAL BEGGARS fans in Japan?

Michael Amott: "I'd like to thank our Japanese fans for all the supportive messages and for being so patient in waiting for new SPIRITUAL BEGGARS music! We are very proud and excited about the new music we have created together and we can't wait for you to hear it and play live in Japan again soon!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils ont signé chez Inside Out :
SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, the Swedish band featuring ARCH ENEMY guitarist Michael Amott and bassist Sharlee D'Angelo, along with new vocalist Apollo Papathanasio (FIREWIND), has inked a deal with InsideOut Music for the release of the group's seventh studio album, "Return To Zero". Due in Europe on August 30, the follow-up to 2005's "Demons" was recorded at Sweetspot Studio with producer Rickard Bengtsson.

"The new SPIRITUAL BEGGARS album is to my ears some of best stuff I've ever done with this band and I'm very much looking forward to releasing the seventh SPIRITUAL BEGGARS studio album, 'Return To Zero', with the help and expertise of the InsideOut team!" stated Amott. "At the end of the day, it was a no-brainer to do a new licensing deal with the InsideOut label, they did a great job on the 'Demons' album and the 'Live Fire!' DVD (2006). Since then, they have merged with the Century Media company whom I have a long and successful history with. I already know a lot of the people that will be involved in this release, and that feels good. I respect InsideOut label boss Thomas Waber for being a true music fan and for his undying enthusiasm and efforts in making this deal happen."

Added InsideOut's Waber: "We had a great experience with the 'Demons' album and are looking forward to working the new one as well. After all the turmoil last year, things are back on top and better than ever and SPIRITUAL BEGGARS will no doubt benefit from this!"

In a recent interview with Japan's Burrn! magazine, Amott stated about the forthcoming CD, "Some of the songs are 'Star Born', 'Lost In Yesterday', 'The Chaos Of Rebirth', 'We Are Free', 'Concrete Horizon' — to name a few! The new album has a lot of the typical SPIRITUAL BEGGARS trademarks — it's heavy rock with a '70s atmosphere — but I also hear a definite progression and a deeper sense of melody in the songwriting and performances. It's exactly the kind of record I wanted to make with SPIRITUAL BEGGARS in 2010!"

Regarding the band's latest addition, vocalist Apollo Papathanasio (FIREWIND), Amott said, "Apollo's influences are very much rooted in the classic rock and metal of the '70s and '80s. He is the same age as the rest of us in SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, so we instantly shared a lot of common ground musically, and he really connected with the songs and delivered emotional vocals that really impressed us all."

He added, "Apollo does share some similarities with our previous singers — a rough and raw style based in blues and hard rock. He also has influences from the classic metal of the Eighties.

"I was always aware of the fact that he is great singer. However, even I was surprised how well his voice fit SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, in the new and the old songs. Apollo is showing a range and depth on this album that I believe will both surprise and please the SPIRITUAL BEGGARS fans!"
jägermeister
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par jägermeister »

c'est difficile de juger avec l#extrait qui dure 30 secondes, mais il me tarde de voir ca ;)
Schnaps, das war sein letztes Wort!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

ouch, ça flashe ! :mad: :lol:

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

j'espère qu'ils vont en faire un t shirt....rose et moulant! :tata:
jägermeister
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par jägermeister »

en plus je suis sur qu'il t'irait très bien... :)

non moi je la trouve pas mal la pochette! mais après j'ai aucun goût pour ce genre de truc je crois!
Schnaps, das war sein letztes Wort!
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

Moi aussi je la trouve cool, bien dans l'esprit Ad Astra ! :rock:
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

pareil j'aime bien, bien dans l'esprit du groupe ! il me tarde d'écouter ça !!!
steelprophet
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par steelprophet »

hate d'entendre ce chanteur qui a un registre plutôt étendu(remember MAJESTIC !)et une voix bien + chaude que ce qu'il nous montre avec FIREWIND.l'extrait est excellent.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

La track-list de l'album:
"Return To Zero" track listing:

01. Return To Zero (intro)
02. Lost In Yesterday
03. Star Born
04. The Chaos Of Rebirth
05. We Are Free
06. Spirit Of The Wind
07. Coming Home
08. Concrete Horizon
09. A New Dawn Rising
10. Believe In Me
11. Dead Weight
12. The Road Less Travelled

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metal militia a écrit :j'espère qu'ils vont en faire un t shirt....rose et moulant! :tata:
j'en veux un, ça nous changerait des t-shirts de croque mort :tata:
Répondre