Death Angel - Relentless Retribution

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Prochain album le 27 août chez Nuclear Blast.
Vocalist Mark Osegueda of San Francisco Bay Area metal veterans DEATH ANGEL was interviewed backstage at this year's Sweden Rock Festival, which was held June 9-12, 2010 in Sölvesborg in southern Sweden. During the chat, which can be viewed below, Osegueda reveals that Nuclear Blast Records has set an August 27 European release date for the band's new album.

DEATH ANGEL's new CD was recorded at Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida with producer Jason Suecof (TRIVIUM, AUGUST BURNS RED, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, ALL THAT REMAINS, WHITECHAPEL, DEVILDRIVER).

Osegueda previously stated about the band's decision to work with Suecof, "The new material is the most aggressive and technical music we have written in years. So we needed a producer that was capable of unleashing the tonnes that match and complement the overall vibe of the songs. With Jason's experience in producing some of the most brutal contemporary metal artists and albums of today, I know we made the right choice! I think the collaboration between the two of us will prove to be venomous and infectious!"
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
SophiePetoncule
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par SophiePetoncule »

:peintre:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Je garde pas un super souvenir du précédent, mais cette année niveau thrash on a eu que du bon pour le moment, donc il n'y a pas de raisons que ce prochain Death Angel soit mauvais...
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

c'est vrai que le dernier avait des relents punk et rock par moments. Leur moins bon album ce "Killing seasons".Pas mauvais, mais il se digère très vite et je n'y suis pas trop revenu ensuite.
Et puis avec tous ces changements dans le groupe récemment...bref, je suis assez inquiet je dois dire. :/
Metal B
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Metal B »

Je l'aime bien ce disque! Je le préfère même à celui de 2004.
Et puis il reste quand même les piliers du groupe, Cavestany et Osegueda, ça devrait le faire!
Mais j'y pense, en général avec Death Angel, ça le fait un album sur 2, mes préférés étant The Ultra Violence, Act III et donc Killing Seasons.
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

mes préférés sont Art of dying et Frolic through the park ....comme quoi les goûts et les couleurs! :lol:
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Je me suis vite tanné de The Art of the Dying. Je n'ai pas écouté le dernier, tout ce que j'ai entendu, c'était celles jouées en show (devant une quarantaine de personne et sans bassiste, sauf quand le roadie a pris la basse à la fin :,( ). Mon préféré, c'est Act III.

Quant au nouveau line-up...le batteur a un CV très Thrash/US Power, ce qui est selon moi un bon présage.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
SophiePetoncule
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par SophiePetoncule »

Sur Killing season je me suis passé un nombre incalculable de fois Dethroned et soulless. God vs god est un putain de titre aussi.
Metal B
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Metal B »

Ouais Dethroned elle déchire, un de leur meilleur titre!
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Il s'appellera "Relentless Retriubtion" et sortira le 3 septembre:
San Francisco Bay Area metal veterans DEATH ANGEL have set "Relentless Retribution" as the title of their new album, due on September 3 in Europe and September 14 in the U.S. via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded at Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida with producer Jason Suecof (TRIVIUM, AUGUST BURNS RED, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, ALL THAT REMAINS, WHITECHAPEL, DEVILDRIVER). The cover artwork was created by Brent Elliot White (JOB FOR A COWBOY, CARNIFEX, WHITECHAPEL) and can be viewed below.

Commented DEATH ANGEL vocalist Mark Osegueda: "I haven't been as excited about the cover artwork on any other DEATH ANGEL album as I am for this one! It fits the whole theme of the album! Angry and aggressive! I think what excites me most is that Brent did the artwork based on our lyrics! It wasn't an already finished product.

"When we first saw Brent's work, we were floored by the mixture of fantasy meets reality and we knew we wanted him to do the artwork for this album! In the end he surpassed our expectations with the fiercest DEATH ANGEL album cover to date!"

Added Brent Elliot White: "Originally the theme of this album was betrayal by those close to you and revenge against the deceitful. After a pretty spirited conversation with Rob [Cavestany, guitar] and e-mails back and forth, the saying 'wolf in sheep's clothing' kept coming up. Basically, we danced around that metaphor 'till it became pretty clear that a direct interpretation was the way to go.

"Illustrating betrayal and revenge in a single piece proved to be a challenge, but as I received the lyrics to the songs, things quickly fell into place."

Singer Mark Osegueda previously stated about the band's decision to work with Suecof, "The new material is the most aggressive and technical music we have written in years. So we needed a producer that was capable of unleashing the tonnes that match and complement the overall vibe of the songs. With Jason's experience in producing some of the most brutal contemporary metal artists and albums of today, I know we made the right choice! I think the collaboration between the two of us will prove to be venomous and infectious!"

la cover est bien laide... :beurk:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

Message par Ad Metal Eternam »

Mr. Sandman a écrit :la cover est bien laide... :beurk:
Ah tiens, je ne trouve pas, perso :D

Elle est bien crade, et ça ne suinte pas le Photoshop par tous les pores.

Le style me fait penser au Face the Colossus de Dagoba:

:up:
"Ma mère ?! Vous voulez dire que j’aurais un ticket avec ma mère ?! Oh, dur, c’est pas le pied !
- Encore ? Mais qu'est-ce que c’est que ces histoires de pieds ? Les pieds seraient-ils le point sensible des hommes du futur ? C’est peut-être dû à un accroissement de l'apesanteur...
- Quoi ???"
Dark Avenger
Fan de Gojira et Pantera
Fan de Gojira et Pantera

Message par Dark Avenger »

Jason Suecof a produit le The Crusade de Trivium, qui possede une prod on ne peut plus politiquement correcte(a la Andy Sneap).
Je sens que j'vais pas l'aimer ce Death Angel...
Ad Metal Eternam a écrit :Clair ! Et puis Thrashos a le truc qui fait les vrais thrasheux et que n'auront jamais les donneurs de leçons pseudo-élitistes qui croient tout savoir: il est sympa :yeah:
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un Nouveau titre a été joué en live ces derniers mois nommé River of Rapture

la qualité des vidéos est pas tip top par contre :/ mais ça donne une idée (et ça semble défourailler pas mal :bang: ):

La meilleure vidéo à l'inferno festival à oslo :

au Roxy :

à Leeds :
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Invités : Rodrigo & Gabriela.
San Francisco Bay Area metal veterans DEATH ANGEL will release their new album, "Relentless Retribution", on September 3 in Europe and September 14 in the U.S. via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded at Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida with producer Jason Suecof (TRIVIUM, AUGUST BURNS RED, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, ALL THAT REMAINS, WHITECHAPEL, DEVILDRIVER). The cover artwork was created by Brent Elliot White (JOB FOR A COWBOY, CARNIFEX, WHITECHAPEL) and can be viewed below.

"Relentless Retribution" track listing:

01. Relentless Revolution
02. Claws In So Deep
03. Truce
04. Into The Arms Of Righteous Anger
05. River Of Rapture
06. Absence Of Light
07. This Hate
08. Death Of The Meek
09. Opponents At Sides
10. I Chose The Sky
11. Volcanic
12. Where They Lay

The song "Claws In So Deep" features an appearance by the popular acoustic guitar duo RODRIGO Y GABRIELA while "Truce" contains a guest guitar solo by Suecof.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Rien à voir avec l'album, la musique du groupe est utilisée dans une étude de psychologie par un fan :scratch:
For decades research has shown that listening to music alleviates anxiety and depression, enhances mood, and can increase cognitive functioning, such as spatial awareness. However, until now, research has not addressed how we listen to music. For instance, is the cognitive benefit still the same if we listen to music while performing a task, rather than before it? Further, how does our preference for a particular type of music affect performance? A new study from Applied Cognitive Psychology shows that listening to music that one likes whilst performing a serial recall task does not help performance any more than listening to music one does not enjoy.

The researchers explored the "irrelevant sound effect" by requiring participants to perform serial recall (recall a list of eight consonants in presentation order) in the presence of five sound environments: quiet, liked music (e.g., RIHANNA, LADY GAGA, STRANGLERS and ARCADE FIRE), disliked music (the track "Thrashers" by DEATH ANGEL), changing-state (a sequence of random digits such as "4, 7, 1, 6") and steady-state ("3, 3, 3"). Recall ability was approximately the same, and poorest, for the music and changing-state conditions. The most accurate recall occurred when participants performed the task in the quieter, steady-state environments. Thus listening to music, regardless of whether people liked or disliked it, impaired their concurrent performance.

Lead researcher Nick Perham explains: "The poorer performance of the music and changing-state sounds are due to the acoustical variation within those environments. This impairs the ability to recall the order of items, via rehearsal, within the presented list. Mental arithmetic also requires the ability to retain order information in the short-term via rehearsal, and may be similarly affected by their performance in the presence of changing-state, background environments."

Although music can have a very positive effect on our general mental health, music can, in the circumstances described, also have negative effects on cognitive performance. Perham remarks, "Most people listen to music at the same time as, rather than prior to performing a task. To reduce the negative effects of background music when recalling information in order one should either perform the task in quiet or only listen to music prior to performing the task."

Perham explained his reasoning for using DEATH ANGEL's song "Thrashers" as the "disliked" music in the study: "We needed a track that most participants would say they did not like. Having been a fan of metal music since my teens, I was pretty confident that a thrash metal song would do the trick as most people never seemed to like the music I liked. In choosing a thrash metal song, I needed a song that was heavy but also allowed the listener to hear many of the different components of the song — the acoustical variation between the successive sound items. We chose 'Thrashers'. Participants were only allowed to participate in the study if they disliked thrash metal as a musical genre.

"Personally, I have been a fan of DEATH ANGEL since 'The Ultra-Violence' and saw them at the Bristol Bierkeller around 1990 supporting the 'Act III' album."

This study is published in the September 2010 issue of Applied Cognitive Psychology.

Nick Perham is a lecturer in the School of Psychology at the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff. He has published and presented widely on the effects of auditory distraction on short-term memory and general task performance.
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

Le groupe a interprété live un titre de l'album à venir (son pourri inside):

"Ma mère ?! Vous voulez dire que j’aurais un ticket avec ma mère ?! Oh, dur, c’est pas le pied !
- Encore ? Mais qu'est-ce que c’est que ces histoires de pieds ? Les pieds seraient-ils le point sensible des hommes du futur ? C’est peut-être dû à un accroissement de l'apesanteur...
- Quoi ???"
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

L'album est en écoute intégrale sur Deezer:

:pointer: http://www.deezer.com/fr/music/death-an ... ion-640172
- Quoi ???"
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

non mais c'est quoi cet avatar de taré, AME? :lol:

Bon sinon, il défouraille pas mal cet album, plus que Killing season je trouve mais nettement moins bon que The art of dying.

Mais c'est surtout en live que ces titres vont bien péter. :up: :bang:
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

metal militia a écrit :non mais c'est quoi cet avatar de taré, AME? :lol:
Ben quoi ? Je souris :oui:
- Quoi ???"
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

c'est plus les yeux révulsés qui font flipper! :/
je l'ai réécouté, il passe de mieux en mieux au fur et à mesure des écoutes! :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une interview de Ted Aguilar, qui parle des hauts et des bas pour le groupe ces dernières années, et du nouvel album bien sûr :

http://www.away-team.com/rock/2010/08/d ... interview/
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

Ad Metal Eternam a écrit : Elle est bien crade, et ça ne suinte pas le Photoshop par tous les pores.
Comme quoi quand c'est bien ça se voit que c'est photoshop :D
Sinon je la trouve sympa aussi cette pochette.
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Commentaires de Rodrigo et Gabriela sur leur participation :
Natives of Mexico City, Rodrigo Sanchez and Gabriela Quintero began their careers as members of TIERRA ACIDA, a heavy metal band which played on the city's underground gig circuit for seven years.

"Like a lot of Mexican youth, we were heavily influenced by American metal bands — METALLICA, MEGADETH, PANTERA, and also SEPULTURA," Gabriela explained. "It was a full band, very loud, and for vocals, Rodrigo would just scream. We played this way for seven years."

Regarding the new DEATH ANGEL CD, Gabriela said, "The album is fantastic. It brings back the magic that metal used to have back in the days.

"Most bands lost it along the way and the new bands can't find that magic at all, but DEATH ANGEL has that magic! Also great musicianship and their individual playing is first-class! Viva el metal!"

Added Rodrigo: "It's siiiiiiiccccccckkkkk. DEATH ANGEL have brought back the proper metal memories! Great melodies, sound, solos, vocals, and drumming! What can I say? We feel so proud to be part of it!"
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Sinon l'album s'est écoulé à 2700 copies lors de sa première semaine de sortie aux USA ...
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Cet album est honteusement ignoré ici! ;)
Bah oui, c'est un excellent album de thrash qui déboîte, alors parlez en autour de vousà , à votre famille, vos amis et vos collègues car il le vaut bien :bang: :bang: :bang:
Et contrairement à Metal Militia, j'aurais tendance à le trouver encore meilleur que the art of dying ;)
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Répondre