Mr Big nouvel album : "What If..."

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Le premier album ensemble depuis 95.
Curieux d'entendre ca.

According to Gibson,com, reunited hard rockers MR. BIG have entered a Los Angeles-area studio with producer Kevin "The Caveman" Shirley (BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, AEROSMITH, JOURNEY, DREAM THEATER, THE BLACK CROWES, LED ZEPPELIN) to begin recording their new album — the first to feature all four of the band's original members since "Hey Man" in 1995.

According to MR. BIG bassist Billy Sheehan, the forthcoming album will feature "impossible bass and guitar stuff" and will be musically similar to the band's 1991 breakthrough, "Lean Into It" — the LP that featured the No. 1 single "To Be With You".
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Gandalf a écrit : will feature "impossible bass and guitar stuff"
Hâte d'entendre ça !! :D :D :D
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

:amour:
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Fallait bien que ça arrive :up:
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

The band is working with producer Kevin “The Caveman” Shirley, who oversaw the formation and recording of BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, the super group featuring Joe Bonamassa, Glenn Hughes, Derek Sherinian and Jason Bonham. Shirley has also worked with AEROSMITH, JOURNEY, DREAM THEATER and THE BLACK CROWES, and engineered the self-titled LED ZEPPELIN D
VD.

According to a Twitter and Facebook post, bass legend Billy Sheehan says the album features “impossible bass and guitar stuff,” and the material is said to be in a similar vein to the band’s 1991 breakthrough, Lean Into It – the album that launched the #1 single 'To Be With You'. After Paul Gilbert departed for a solo career, the band recorded two CDs with Richie Kotzen on lead guitar before calling it quits in 2002.
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

En ce moment j'écoute en boucle le nouveau Paul Gilbert :guitare: : j'espère que ce nouvel album va valoir le coup, sinon j'aime autant qu'il se concentre sur ses albums solos !
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

ça va swinguer le 21 janvier, avec une version CD+DVD.
Frontiers Records has set a January 21, 2011 European release date for MR. BIG's new studio album entitled "What If…". The North American release, also on Frontiers Records, will follow in February.

"What If…" is MR. BIG's first "all-original" album since the reunion of the four original members, Eric Martin, Paul Gilbert, Billy Sheehan and Pat Torpey, back in early 2009. Sixteen years after the release of "Hey Man", the new recording is set to bring back MR. BIG on the height of the current hard rock scene.

Guitarist Paul Gilbert said: "This is the first MR. BIG album I have been a part of, since fourteen years and it was done in a snap. It was fun and we had really a good time in making this one." Adds Billy Sheehan: "It's so great to be back with Paul, Eric and Pat, too. We wrote this record like we did in the old days for the first two records. Jamming together in the same room to write songs." Pat Torpey states: "Some of the recording process is different now from what we were used to in the old times. But I think this record really managed to capture the performances of the band, not of the individual musicians." Eric Martin concludes: "I like to compare this to the first album, when we just got to know each other in a reharsal studio and cut it in eight or nine days. This is like chapter two. We had so many years, so many records and so many things behind us. Now this feels like a beautiful brand new chapter starting for all of us."

"What If…" was produced by Kevin Shirley (AEROSMITH, RUSH, IRON MAIDEN) and the release will be followed by a world tour which will kick off in South America in March and will hit Europe in early summer.

Formed in 1988, MR. BIG forged its place in hard rock history by combining trademark "shredding" musicianship with awesome vocal harmonies. The original lineup produced numerous hit songs that ranged across a wide array of rock genres, be it ballads, heavy metal, or blues rock. Their hits included "To Be With You" (Billboard Hot 100 number one single in 15 countries for weeks, in 1991, propelling the band the band to huge international success and record sales in the multi-millions), "Wild World", "Green-Tinted Sixties Mind", "Just Take My Heart", and a host of heavy metal songs that were played mostly during their live performances: "Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy", "Addicted to that Rush", "Colorado Bulldog", and "Take Cover".

"What If…" will be released in a special edition CD + DVD in digipak, regular CD, vinyl and digital download and in a limited-edition luxury box including the CD, DVD, LP and exclusive memorabilia.

"What If…" track listing:

01. Undertow
02. American Beauty
03. Stranger In My Life
04. Nobody Takes the Blame
05. Still Ain't Enough for Me
06. Once Upon a Time
07. As Far As I Can See
08. All The Way Up
09. I Won't Get In My Way
10. Around The World
11. I Get The Feeling
12. Unforgiven (exclusive bonus track for Europe / North America – not on vinyl edition).

The DVD will include the video clips of "Undertow" and "All the Way Up" plus a documentary "making-of" the album including interviews and exclusive behind-the-scenes features of the four members.

The first single, "Undertow", will have an official promotional launch on November 27.
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

:amour:

En tout cas il ne chôme pas le Gilbert, sur la route en 2009 avec Mr.Big (une des plus grosse baffe que je me suis prise en concert), album solo de qualité + tournée en 2010 et il remet ça avec Mr.Big en 2011 :up: :bow:
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Putain que cette pochette est hideuse :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

magnifique cette cover !! :lol: :bravo:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

:amour: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

Chacal a écrit :Putain que cette pochette est hideuse :lol: :lol: :lol:
On peut aussi dire que le vinyl ayant disparu ou presque la taille des pochettes avec le format CD permet...comment dire...

davantage de liberté :/
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

Le nouveau clip. Il ne fait que renforcer ma hâte d'entendre la galette complète :rock:
Fonz
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Fonz »

La classe !!! me le faut ! :rock:
NASHVILLE PUSSY, Jack Daniels and Gibson !
[color=red]Chacal[/color] a écrit :Putain que j'aimerais être un trve comme toi Fonz :,(
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Superbe album !! Peut-être bien leur meilleur pour moi !!! :rock: :bravo:
AUPA BO Image
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

Oh !merci Bib, tellement occupé à dire partout que cet album est fabuleux que j'avais oublié de l'écrire ici. :)

:edit: Je ne l'ai pas retrouvé sur le forum donc je ne sais pas si elle a déjà été posté mais j'ai trouvé une interview sympa de Gilbert où il explique comment s'est passé la reformation et pourquoi il ne chante plus sur scène et sur ses albums.

http://rocknroll.blog.leparisien.fr/arc ... r-big.html
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Pareil, j'avais oublié de le dire ici !
Excellentissime !! :rock: :rock: :rock:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
ominergy
Agent of Steel
Agent of Steel

Message par ominergy »

+1 :rock:
Dark Avenger
Fan de Gojira et Pantera
Fan de Gojira et Pantera

Message par Dark Avenger »

Pas leur meilleur album, mais un bon album tout de même; je ne regrette pas l'achat(comme c'est le cas par exemple avec le dernier Destruction :vomi: )
Ad Metal Eternam a écrit :Clair ! Et puis Thrashos a le truc qui fait les vrais thrasheux et que n'auront jamais les donneurs de leçons pseudo-élitistes qui croient tout savoir: il est sympa :yeah:
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

J'ai piqué le nouvel album a ma copine (non pas joyeux ...) et il est vraiment très bon! Il a pas mal tournée ce mois :tata:
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

Ils sont la veille de ton concert au Klub à Paris ;)
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

Je sais!! On serait bien chaud pour monter la veille pour aller les voir mais je pourrais pas poser de jour!
Répondre