Sebastian Bach : Kicking & Screaming

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il s'agit de son deuxième album solo, prévu pour le 27 septembre.
Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach has set "Kicking & Screaming" as the title of his new solo album, due on September 27 via Frontiers Records. The CD was produced by Bob Marlette (BLACK SABBATH, SHINEDOWN, ATREYU, FILTER) and features young virtuosic guitarist Nick Sterling and drum pro Bobby Jarzombek (HALFORD, RIOT, ICED EARTH). The follow-up to 2007's "Angel Down" was mastered at Precision Mastering in Los Angeles with Tom Baker.

Commented Bach, "I could not be happier with my new album, 'Kicking & Screaming'. The songs, performances and sound quality are beyond what I could have ever imagined. This is my best record yet and I can't wait for all of you to crank it!"

The "Kicking & Screaming" album cover will be created by artist Richard Villa. According to Sebastian, it will feature "the hottest model in the land" — presumably referring to his new girlfriend, 25-year-old model Minnie Gupta — "and reflect the lyrics as well as the brutality of the music. It's gonna be rock 'n' roll to the 9th degree album — very heavy, cool, trippy and nightmare-ish."

Bach previously stated about his new solo material, "This CD will follow along the lines of 'Skid Row', 'Slave To The Grind', 'Subhuman Race' and 'Angel Down'. If you like rockin' guitar riffs, high-energy songs and performances, deadly drums of doom, and ear-shattering screams, we got your rock right here!" He also described the songs as "heavy, interesting, classic sounding, modern sounding, completely rock 'n' roll — just how we like it!"
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
L'Ostrogauxe
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par L'Ostrogauxe »

Le problème avec les nouveaux albums de ce genre de musiciens, c'est que ça a absolument jamais rien à avoir avec les bombes qu'ils ont sorti dans les 80s :hum:

Je demande donc à voir
Eddie's Goat
Stormrider
Stormrider

Message par Eddie's Goat »

Il devait pas travailler avec le chanteur de Hatebreed?
Et en fait vous me conseiller quel album de Bach (enfin pas LE Bach...)? Un de Skid Row je suppose...?
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

^ C'est très simple : le premier Skid Row éponyme et/ou Slave to the Grind. :)
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Rhaa ouais, les 2 premiers Skid Row :amour: :bang: (tout en étant bien différents l'un de l'autre)
Par contre pour cet album solo de Bach, j'attends les échos avant de m'y intéresser vraiment. :oui:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Son premier solo comportait de tres bonnes choses, mais inégal sur l'ensemble.

Faudra que je le ressorte et je suis curieux d'ecouter celui ci. :rock:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Tracklist et cover:

01. Kicking & Screaming
02. My Own Worst Enemy
03. TunnelVision (featuring John 5)
04. Dance On Your Grave
05. Caught In A Dream
06. As Long As I Got The Music
07. I'm Alive
08. Dirty Power
09. Live The Life
10. Dream Forever
11. One Good Reason
12. Lost In The Light
13. Wishin'

Bonus tracks:

14. Jumpin' Off The Wagon (on physical CD/DVD editions only)
15. Ain't There Yet (iTunes exclusive)

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Breizhjoker
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par Breizhjoker »

A quand une réunion ?
Parce que bach sans Skid Row et Skid Row sans Bach sont sans intérêt .
J'ai vu Manilla Road !
maiden
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Message par maiden »

Curieux tout de même pour cet opus. Par contre la pochette. :beurk:
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Breizhjoker a écrit :A quand une réunion ?
Parce que bach sans Skid Row et Skid Row sans Bach sont sans intérêt .

Pas pour demain malheureusement...

La pochette n'est même pas horrible, juste euh... d'un esprit dérangé ? :D
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le clip du morceau éponyme est visible via ce lien:http://www.revolvermag.com/news/exclusi ... aming.html

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ça sonne résolument plus "actuel" je dirais, mouais je ne sais pas trop quoi en penser...
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

L'album est en écoute intégrale:

http://music.aol.ca/new-releases-full-cds/#/4

bah je trouve ça un peu mou quand même, pas désagréable, mais pas terrible non plus... :(

Pierre Desproges
L'Ostrogauxe
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par L'Ostrogauxe »

Gandalf a écrit :
La pochette n'est même pas horrible, juste euh... d'un esprit dérangé ? :D
Les éléphants ça fait un peu seigneur des anneaux :lol:
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

Mr. Sandman a écrit :L'album est en écoute intégrale:

http://music.aol.ca/new-releases-full-cds/#/4

bah je trouve ça un peu mou quand même, pas désagréable, mais pas terrible non plus... :(
J'ai écouté et j'ai bien aimé, il a fait combien d'album en solo :help: ?? J'ai entendu quelques titres de "Angel down" dont le fabuleux "Stuck inside" et effectivement ce disque à l'air plus "rentre dedans".
Quelqu'un pour me donner son avis ?? :)
En espérant le voir sur les fests cet été :rock:
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/intervie ... years.html

Ultimate-Guitar.com: Are you still a teenager at heart?

Bach: I'm very immature — I haven't progressed much past 14 myself so that's like my personality. And it very, very, very much reminds me of Ozzy with Randy — the wunderkind, prodigal guitar player, the angel and Ozzy is the old crazy fuckin' wild man [laughs].

Ultimate-Guitar.com: You talk about the spirit of working with [guitarist] Nick Sterling being similar to what you felt working with SKID ROW back in the day. Is the actual process of doing a solo record similar to recording a record where a real band is involved?

Bach: I don't do anything at all different; I do the exact same thing. If I heard "Monkey Business" and they'd go, "Do you like this?" I'd go, "Yeah, I like this." What I would say is there's far less arguing. The thing is Nick doesn't walk in the room and say, "I'm the songwriter or the singer."

Ultimate-Guitar.com: Is that what happened in SKID ROW?

Bach: That's such garbage; that's just a foolish way to live your life. If somebody has a good idea, use it. Don't say, "That's not my idea so we can't use it." What kind of immaturity is that? I don't see how you could make good music your whole life if you demand that you're the only one that can have an idea. I don't think you're gonna have very good music [laughs]. And I think that my stuff proves it. I've always done the same exact same thing.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: Even on the "Skid Row" and "Slave To The Grind" albums?

Bach: "Slave To The Grind" was a real collaborative effort and so was the first record but the first record we were just kids. I was a little boy and I didn't know if I changed all the notes in "18 And Life" which I did — I put all these screams in — I didn't know I was helping write the melody line. I was just a little boy. It was, "Hey, can I do this? Ahahahaha [sings sustained note]. And they're like, "Yeah, do that." [laughs]

Ultimate-Guitar.com: In your mind, "Kicking & Screaming" could have been the SKID ROW album after "Subhuman Race"?

Bach: I know those songs as well as anybody else and when I listen to the ballads on the new record, it's seamless. It's like, "Oh, here's the new one." "By Your Side" on "Angel Down" [Bach's previous solo record]. I don't see how you could like "18 And Life" and not like "I'm Alive". I don't see how that's possible.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: In talking about the sound of "Kicking & Screaming", how did it feel working with producer Bob Marlette?

Bach: Bob Marlette was incredible. Obviously the technology has completely progressed since 1989. Literally back then when we wanted to dub in a part, we would go to the little machine in the corner with a razor blade and cut the tape and put the tape in. I mean that's crazy to people now but that's how we did it. Now, of course, you can tweak things to the 9th degree and the nth degree and Bob doesn't use too much of that, which I love. It still sounds like me and it's not Celine Dion or somethin'. It's me but it's me with totally brand new production and brand new sounds and I really think that's the big difference on the record is it's a 2011 incredibly hi-tech sounding album and we pulled out all the stops. We made a real record with a real budget in a real studio with a real producer.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: "Subhuman Race" was your last album with SKID ROW. Were you looking forward to pursuing a solo career after leaving the band?

Bach: I never ever, ever, never in a million years wanted to pursue a solo career. That was done out of necessity and also because I have this silly celebrity status of my name. I wanted to use all the TV shows that I do to help my rock and roll career. I get noticed walking down the street for "Trailer Park Boys" and "Gilmore Girls" just as much as SKID ROW. It depends on what part of town I'm in.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: Are you looking for the type of career that both Robert Plant and Rod Stewart had inasmuch as they both came from rock bands to pursue pretty eclectic solo careers?

Bach: Yeah, I'm the guy when Robert Plant does an interview and says that he doesn't want to be in LED ZEPPELIN, he wants to be with Alison Krauss, I'm the guy that respects that. I'm not the guy who goes, [in exaggerated voice], "We all need LED ZEPPELIN." I don't see why he should be; he's not feeling it. My whole thing is I let the artist be the artist. I don't watch an artist make art and then cut up his art because it's his fuckin' art. Let him make what he is here to make. Don't tell Picasso what to paint. "Why isn't he painting this?" What the fuck? Let him paint what he wants to paint. Let me sing what I want to sing. I am me. I'm a Neil Young fan and I don't listen to his records on samples on Amazon before I buy it — I just go and fuckin' buy it 'cause he's never let me down before. And even if he makes a record that doesn't sound like I was expecting, I won't not like him for it. I kind of listen to it and try and figure out where he's comin' from and it's interesting to me. I don't need my music to be cookie cutter and all nice and wrapped up nice. I like stuff that's dangerous and exciting and somethin' that I never heard before. Somebody said, "What's rock and roll?" and they said, "Somethin' you've never heard before." And I was like, "That's a really good way to describe it." I don't want to be bored.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: "Kicking & Screaming" will surprise a lot of your fans.

Bach: That's why I love my record 'cause it kicks my ass from the first time I press play on the first song right to the very last note. It's entertaining and the performances are very good and the songs are very good and that's what I wanted to achieve. Neal Peart said, "When you're judging somebody's art, what was their purpose that they wanted to achieve and did they achieve it well?" And I think if I go on those two criteria, my album is a fuckin' winner because all I wanted to do was make an album that kicked your ass and I achieved that [laughs].
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

Aucuns commentaires sur le dernier opus de ce grand chanteur ?? M. YvesZ :D
Ok c'est du Heavy/Hard sans grosses surprises, voire conventionnel, mais les 13 titres bien construits et très variés donne à cet album une classe qui n'a d'égale que les qualités de vocaliste de M. J.S.Bach :bow: :up:
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Son jeune guitariste serait sur le point d'être viré, après avoir refusé de jouer à la TV pour une histoire d'argent :
Bach a écrit :"We did a big broadcast on AXS TV that we worked really, really hard on. It was a very big deal that we were on television from coast to coast all across the United States of America. Everybody that was involved in the broadcast had to sign a release so we could film it and they would agree to be part of the broadcast and the DVD coming out. Everybody signed it. I talked to Nick two days before the show and he still hadn't signed it. And I'm like, 'Dude, we're filming this in two days. You have to sign this.' And he guaranteed to me on the phone that he would sign it and be a part of it, and then when we got to soundcheck, he wouldn't sign the release. So we could not film the show with him; he wouldn't let us. He wanted all these sorts of demands that nobody else in the band wanted that were completely unreasonable.

If someone is not happy in my band, I will be the first one to show them the door and say, 'Don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out. If you're not happy and you're not part of the team and you're not interested in being successful or being professional, then get out of my band.' I've been doing this for 25-30 years and all I ask is that somebody is a professional in my band and has it together on stage and doesn't wreck it for the rest of us, which is what he did in L.A. the other day."
Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

Album sympa mais très conventionnel, bonne qualité en général mais aucune chanson ne marque...les artistes qui vieillissent plutôt heureux, ça se ressent dans les chansons (on ne se foule pas, on chante avec bonne humeur ok mais ça manque de prise de risque, à croire qu'un artiste a besoin d'un petit côté "sombre" pour rendre sa chanson intéressante et non formatée radio)

Mais bon ça reste Sebastian :)
Larry a écrit :
26 mars 2018, 15:17
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

j'ai l'album depuis peu, 1 seul écoute pour l'instant mais j'aime bien !!
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sinon il a officiellement viré son guitariste Nick Sterling.
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

Cool, lui reste plus qu'a faire appel à Scotti Hill :D
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
houguerr
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par houguerr »

Everflow a écrit :Sinon il a officiellement viré son guitariste Nick Sterling.
C'était le jeune guitariste qui ne bougeait pas du tout sur scène ??
ride the night like you ride the lightning

Across the rainbow bridge to Valhalla
Odin's waiting for me
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

Ouaip, d'ailleurs je pensais qu'il avait ton âge. ;)
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
Répondre