Dan Zimmerman quitte Gamma Ray

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il est remplacé (depuis quelques temps déjà) par Michael Ehré, qui joue pour Uli Jon Roth et Firewind, et ex-Metalium.

Je ne suis pas sûr que ça suffise pour que le groupe retrouve sa créativité d'antan, mais je pense quand même que du sang neuf ne peut pas faire de mal.
German power metallers GAMMA RAY have parted ways with drummer Dan Zimmerman and have replaced him with Michael Ehré (LOVE.MIGHT.KILL, FIREWIND, ULI JON ROTH, METALIUM).

A video message from GAMMA RAY announcing the new drummer can be seen below (recorded on August 30 at the Hammer Recording Studios in Hamburg, Germany).

Commented GAMMA RAY guitarist/vocalist Kai Hansen: "Since you've been wondering for a long time what's going on in GAMMA RAY, here's some news. You might have heard through the grapevine that Danny has left the band, which was very unfortunate for us. But I think that we found a very good new guy here. And since we've been playing with him quite a while, we can say we proudly present our new drummer, Mr. Michael Ehré. Give him a warm welcome and stay tuned for some news."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Monty Burnes
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Monty Burnes »

Ils auraient pu tomber plus mal. ;)
I lived in magic solitude of cloudy looking mountains...
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Un peu de changement ne leur fera pas de mal... En tout cas sur scène en ce moment le groupe est en forme !
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

au moins ils ont tous la même coupe de cheveux,maintenant... :hum:
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il a quitté le groupe pour se concentrer sur sa famille visiblement :
Dear All!
You might have heard it through the grapevine already or asked yourself why Dan didn't play on the recent shows this year.

We are very sorry to announce that since January 2012 Dan has left GAMMARAY to change for a more settled lifestyle that doesn't take him away from home so often.

Here's his statement to all of you:

Dear fans,
thank you very much for your never-ending support and the countless magic moments with you during the last 15 years.
You are the best !!! (Eh kloar)
Being the drummer of Gamma Ray was an eventful, exciting, challenging and very emotional time and I would never want to miss it.
Now it is time for me to try out new avenues.

Stay Metal forever in eternity

Dan

We have waited with an official statement to leave open the chance for a change of heart and because we didn't really want to start an official search for a new drummer.
Meanwhile, the guy who has played all the shows with us this year has grown so much into the band that now we can proudly present him as our new drummer,

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome .....
Mr. Michael Ehré !!!

Michael is already known in the scene for his work with "Uli Jon Roth", "Metalium", "Firewind" and his band "Love Might Kill" where he proved that he is not only a great drummer but an excellent songwriter aswell.
We have already started working on new material for the next GAMMARAY album together and we are very much looking forward to enter this new era of the Rays with a fresh wind in our sails and go around the world together with a new, hopefully killer album.

Thanks for your Support and a big Cheeeerrrrzz from da Rrrrrayzz.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

Janvier 2012, merde c'était pas Zimmerman qui jouait à Wacken? :euh:
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
Eddie's Goat
Stormrider
Stormrider

Message par Eddie's Goat »

Non non, ça se voyait bien à sa coupe de cheveux. :D
Et il n'avait pas la même batterie il me semble.
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

Il quitte gamma ray pour se consacrer à Freedom Call qu'il a déjà quitté peut-être .... :mad:
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

ça fait 2 ans qu'il a quitté Freedom Call, depuis la tournée commune des 2 groupes en fait .

Espérons que ça fasse le même bien à Gamma Ray que ça a fait à Freedom Call d'ailleurs. :)
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Kai Hansen devrait s'en inspirer et quitter le groupe lui aussi pour se consacrer uniquement à Unisonic.
C'est tellement génial Unisonic!
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

TAnt que Kaufmann reste dans UDO, tout va bien!
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
Monty Burnes
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Monty Burnes »

Une petite interview sympa du nouveau batteur :

http://www.rockoverdose.gr/news_details ... 4.facebook

Michael Ehré (GAMMA RAY) on Rock Overdose: "We re composing new stuff & we re preparing the Hellish-Rock-Tour 2013!"

17/09/2012 15:09

Michael Ehré, the new drummer of power-metallers Gamma Ray (and ex-Firewind), is interviewed exclusively on Rockoverdose.gr about him being selected as the drummer for the legendary German band, the forthcoming album that Gamma Ray are preparing and their future plans!

Rockoverdose.gr: Hi Michael, thank you for this interview! So, Gamma Ray announced you as their new drummer! How do you feel about that?

Michael: I'm very excited and I'm really looking forward to all the things to come in the future.

Rockoverdose.gr: Did you pass of any kind of audition before they choose you?

Michael: It all started in September 2011 when Dan didn´t had the time to play a show for the German TV in Berlin. As I knew Kai from a charity show that we've played together in Italy he remembered me. Besides that I'm playing with Gamma Ray's keyboardist Corvin Bahn in the band of ex-Scorpion's guitarist Uli Jon Roth. In 2012 when Dan left the band they asked me to play all the summer-festivals, like e.g. Wacken and Sweden-Rock. I guess that was a kind of an audition... So, one thing led to another and here we are.

Rockoverdose.gr: Now you are working with Kai Hansen. How is he as a musician and as a person? Can you describe him to us?

Michael: Kai and also Henjo and Dirk are very nice people. We all live in the north of Germany, so we have a lot of things in common, what makes it easier for me to feel welcome and comfortable in Gamma Ray, a band that exists for so many years now. Do I need to talk about their music skills? I don't think so. Every metalhead in the world knows about that!

Rockoverdose.gr: Kai Hansen said recently in an interview that he will give a lot of time to his other band, Unisonic. Of course he will not let Gamma Ray, but he will focus to one band per year. How do you see that?

Michael: I think it's great for the metal community that Kai and Michael Kiske are back together. As Unisonic is playing a different style I don't see any problems.

Rockoverdose.gr: And you are still playing to your other band, Love.Might.Kill, right? So, Kai's decision is working for you also?

Michael: No, Love.Might.Kill is also playing a different style and Kai has a lot of work with Gamma Ray and Unisonic.

Rockoverdose.gr: Do you believe that Gamma Ray's picking you as their drummer, is an important moment for your career?

Michael: Yes, it is an important moment for sure as Gamma Ray is one of my favourite bands that I grew up with. It's also the biggest band I've ever played in. This is quite a big step for me.

Rockoverdose.gr: You were playing at Metalium until they split up. What happened with that band?

Michael: I don't know... we're still in contact because we're still friends. But I think we did Metalium for a long time and it was time for each of us to concentrate on other projects. That's it!

Rockoverdose.gr: You were also drummer of the mighty Uli Jon Roth! Can you describe us your collaboration with him?

Michael: Uli is great! Not only his playing is great - he is also one of the nicest and most honest and loyal people I know! Since he brought me in his band it opened me a lot of other doors. I've played on his record, I did a lot of shows and tours worldwide and I learned a lot about music. Uli is probably the most important guy in my musical career!

Rockoverdose.gr: So, now that you are in Gamma Ray, what are your expectations from the band's future?

Michael: Right now we're composing new stuff and we´re preparing the Hellish Rock Tour 2013. We will play many, many shows with Helloween, which is a great package! I'm really, really excited!!!

Rockoverdose.gr: Thank you Michael. This interview was a pleasure! I wish all the best for you and your bands, and I hope to see you soon somewhere! If you want to say anything to the fans in Greece, go ahead... Cheers!

Michael: It was a pleasure for me, too! I´d like to say "Hi" to all the Greek Metalheads! I met a lot of them during my time with Firewind! YOU'RE GREAT!!!

For RockOverdose.gr: Zisis Petkanas, Antonis "Jey Key" Katsaros
I lived in magic solitude of cloudy looking mountains...
metalizer
Tormentor
Tormentor

Message par metalizer »

the fab a écrit :TAnt que Kaufmann reste dans UDO, tout va bien!
Tant que Nitte Valo quitte pas Battle Beast , ça va !
"They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of Kings and Queens
who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven and Hell!!"
Répondre