Skid Row - United World Rebellion

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

SKID ROW partira en avril 2013 en tournée au Royaume-Uni, une tournée qui doit être précédée par la sortie de leur nouvel album baptisé United World Rebellion – Chapter 1.
Voilà les seules infos concernant ce nouvel album. Le titre et une sortie avant avril 2013!
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Accrochez-vous à vos slibards, voilà du concret avec la date de parution fixée au 16 Avril, la pochette et un premier extrait qui déménage, "Kings Of Demolition", accompagné de ses paroles :

The official lyric video for the song "Kings Of Demolition" from American hard rockers SKID ROW can be seen below. The track comes off the band's new EP, entitled "United World Rebellion - Chapter One", which will be released on April 16 via MRI. The effort is the first in a series of EPs that the reincarnated band —Dave "Snake" Sabo (guitar), Rachel Bolan (bass), Scotti Hill (guitar), Johnny Solinger (vocals) and Rob Hammersmith (drums) — plans to release in the near future.

"United World Rebellion - Chapter One" reignites the youthful energy and blistering sound that SKID ROW is recognized for around the world. "That sound and energy is what resonates with people and knocks them on their ass," says Hammersmith. "We had a lot of great ideas to work with, so we're all really excited about this new music."

SKID ROW's rebellious tunes hit the big time in the late 1980s. However, after several Top Ten singles, gold and multi-platinum sales, No. 1 Billboard-charting tracks and more, the band split in 1996. In 2000, to the delight of fans everywhere, SKID ROW reformed and returned to the stage to open for KISS. They then released two new musical offerings in the form of 2003's "ThickSkin" and 2006's "Revolutions Per Minute" with new singer Johnny Solinger out front. Seven years later, the band is back again with new music, ready to take over in the new age of heavy metal.

"When we put the band back together, we needed to reintroduce SKID ROW as relevant without relying too much on past success," explains Bolan. "We sunk our heart and soul into it, letting people know we weren't doing it for lack of nothing better to do."

For the new EP series, Bolan and Sabo tapped again into the potent songwriting collaboration that built SKID ROW. Sabo says they were eagerly up to the challenge. "We seem to be at our best when we're faced with adversity. It's us against the world again — and by us I mean the band and the fans who stick with us and carry the SKID ROW torch without fail."

"The idea [of releasing EPs] really appealed to me," adds Bolan, "Especially with the constantly changing musical climate. I like the idea of a steady flow of new music, as opposed to releasing a full-length album then riding it for the next two years."

And although striving to reintroduce themselves and try something different, these boys are still strong in their roots. They got older, but SKID ROW never really grew up. United World Rebellion is still the youth gone wild, their musical spark still burning gasoline.

"I will always be that 16-year-old kid in front of the mirror, pretending to be Ace Frehley or Michael Schenker," admits Sabo. "It's still about writing a great song with your friend, praying it connects with someone. That has never left me. That willfulness will always exist, and there's so much left to say!"

"United World Rebellion - Chapter One" track listing:

01. Kings Of Demolition
02. Let's Go
03. This Is Killing Me
04. Get Up
05. Stiches

Dommage que ça faiblisse un poil sur la fin, car ça commence sur les chapeaux de roue, hâte d'entendre ça sur scène.

D'ailleurs voilà ce que ça donne :

When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pas si mal, je m'attendais pas à ça...
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Une entrevue avec le guitariste, et l'E.P. en écoute intégrale :
GetYourRockOut conducted an interview with guitarist Dave "Snake" Sabo of American rockers SKID ROW prior to the band's April 11 concert at NQ Live (formerly Moho Live) in Manchester, England. You can now watch the chat below.

SKID ROW's new EP, "United World Rebellion - Chapter One", is available for streaming in its entirety using the SoundCloud widget. Released in North America on April 16 via MRI, the effort is the first in a series of EPs that the reincarnated band — Dave "Snake" Sabo (guitar), Rachel Bolan (bass), Scotti Hill (guitar), Johnny Solinger (vocals) and Rob Hammersmith (drums) — plans to release in the near future.
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

SKID ROW will enter the studio on February 2 to begin recording "United World Rebellion - Chapter Two", the second in a series of EPs that the reincarnated band — Dave "Snake" Sabo (guitar), Rachel Bolan (bass), Scotti Hill (guitar), Johnny Solinger (vocals) and Rob Hammersmith (drums) — plans to release in the near future.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/skid-r ... WcheLwh.99
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Sebastian répond de manière cinglante à Bolan qui estimait que travailler à nouveau avec Bach serait une perte de temps.
Ex-SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach has responded to a recent interview in which SKID ROW bassist Rachel Bolan told a journalist that answering questions about the possibility of working with Bach again is "a waste of time."

"I go on my Twitter feed and I read things like [January 24] was the 25th anniversary of the release date of the first SKID ROW album, and SKID ROW doesn't give a fuck," Bach tells Yahoo! Music. "I would love to do something to celebrate it, and my former bandmates are like, 'Nah, we're playing a bowling alley. We're happy. We don't care.'"

He adds: "There's a lot of unreleased material sitting around collecting dust. The fans would love [to see it being released], but I guess my band is allergic to cash. They're happy not being big. It's such an insult to the millions of people who dug our albums. It's like saying, 'We were just joking [back then]. Happy anniversary!'"
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

La partie 2 sortira début Août:
SKID ROW — Johnny Solinger (vocals), Scotti Hill (guitar), Rachel Bolan (bass), Dave "Snake" Sabo (guitar) and Rob Hammersmith (drums) — will release its new seven-song EP, "United World Rebellion - Part 2", on August 5 via Megaforce Records.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/skid-r ... mHCmYe0.99
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

J'ai acheté le part 1, c'est pas mal :rock: :) (Kings of demolition et this is killing me étant de loin les meilleurs titres)
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Pareil, un EP qui avait la qualité d'un bon album :rock:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Mouais, le premier EP était sympa mais je l'ai vite oublié, il ne m'a pas vraiment accroché.

Sur le deuxième il y' aurait 7 titres (donc plus que sur le premier), je l’écouterai quand même sans en attendre quelque chose d'excellent.

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Ca sera JAMAIS équivalent à Slave to the grind, c'est sur :,(
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Idem, j'avais plutôt bien aimé ce 1er EP. J'espère une suite dans la même veine.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Sympa à entendre à Wacken mais sans plus..

Pierre Desproges
Lily
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par Lily »

Lärry a écrit :Ca sera JAMAIS équivalent à Slave to the grind, c'est sur :,(
Je découvre, et je l'écoute en boucle depuis 3 jours... Évidemment j'arrive un milliard d'années trop tard :/
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

Il n'est jamais trop tard :)
ImageImageImage
Répondre