James LaBrie (Dream Theater)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

James LaBrie sort son deuxième fromage en septembre.
DREAM THEATER singer James LaBrie's new solo album, "Static Impulse", will be released on September 28 via InsideOut Music. The CD marks LaBrie's first solo effort in over five years and is sure to please his legion of diehard fans, as well as win over many new devotees in the process.

Mixed and mastered by Jens Borgen (OPETH, KATATONIA), "Static Impulse" features LaBrie's longtime songwriting partner and keyboardist Matt Guillory; Peter Wildoer from Swedish thrashers DARKANE on drums and screaming vocals; Marco Sfogli on guitar; and Ray Riendeau (HALFORD) on bass.

Commented LaBrie: "The release of 'Static Impulse' is one that the whole band is psyched about.

"This is modern metal and as heavy and relevant as any other band out there going in a similar musical direction. There are riffs that will blow your head off and melodies both musically and vocally that are hypnotic.

"Get in the driver's seat and let the ears bleed.

"Enjoy and see you out there with a tour to follow up and support this release."

Added Guillory: "One year and two months in the making and we're finally done.

"I'm really pleased with the way this record came out. James sounds fantastic, as well as the rest of the guys. Without a doubt, it's our heaviest record thus far yet at the same time, it's also our most melodic. I can't wait for everyone to hear it."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par brother of steel »

C'est vraiment un camembert ce mec :lol:
Samizo Kouhei
Rainbow Demon
Rainbow Demon

Message par Samizo Kouhei »

Bof, je ne l'avais pas trouvé si terrible (et c'est un fan de Dream Theater et un non détracteur de LaCamembert qui parle).
Voici la pochette du premier album, pour mémoire :

Il avait sorti aussi 2 albums solos sous le nom de MullMuzzler et un Prime Cuts chez Magna Carta (avec une reprise très sympa du Red Barchetta de Rush).
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Je le trouve très bien cet album ! Et un guitariste qui envoie grave la purée ! Bonne nouvelle donc a priori ! :rock: :rock:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Je trouve que ce 1er effort solo du fromage surpasse largement l'Octavarium qui date a peu pres de la même epoque...
BLCKME

Message par BLCKME »

il a sorti ça sinon:
assez rafraîchissant, comme une glace à l'eau de la même couleur, très chimique cependant.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ben c'est étonnant ce morceau, on dirait du DT mélangé à du metalcore :mad:
C'est le batteur de Darkane qui hurle sur les couplets.

Et la pochette pour finir :

Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

On dirait John Travolta ! :euh: :beurk: :lol:

:edit: Sympa le titre je trouve ! :rock:
AUPA BO Image
brother of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Bib a écrit :On dirait John Travolta ! :euh: :beurk: :lol:
Carrement! :o
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

"Static Impulse", the new solo album from DREAM THEATER singer James LaBrie, will be released on September 28 (one day earlier internationally) via InsideOut Music. The CD marks LaBrie's first solo effort in over five years and is sure to please his legion of diehard fans, as well as win over many new devotees in the process.

"Static Impulse" track listing:

01. One More Time (4:16)
02. Jekyll Or Hyde (3:46)
03. Mislead (4:18)
04. Euphoric (5:09)
05. Over The Edge (4:20)
06. I Need You (4:11)
07. Who You Think I Am (3:57)
08. I Tried (3:58)
09. Just Watch Me (4:18)
10. This Is War (4:30)
11. Superstar (3:32)
12. Coming Home (4:29)
13. Jekyll Or Hyde (demo) (3:48) *
14. Coming Home (alternate mix) (4:23) *

* Limited-edition digipak bonus tracks

Mixed and mastered by Jens Borgen (OPETH, KATATONIA), "Static Impulse" features LaBrie's longtime songwriting partner and keyboardist Matt Guillory; Peter Wildoer from Swedish thrashers DARKANE on drums and screaming vocals; Marco Sfogli on guitar; and Ray Riendeau (HALFORD) on bass.
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Alors qui l'a chopé? Bib?

C'est un peu surprenant comme album!! :oui: On dirait du In flames récent à de nombreux moments, du metalcore à d'autres...c'est assez bizarre...ça ne ressemble pas trop à du Labrie en fait. Je pense que certains seront déçus; pour ma part, écouté deux fois, je trouve ça intéressant, mais je ne saurais dire si l'album est bon ou pas. :help: La voix saturée est très présente au début de l'album, beaucoup moins à la fin. De ça fait la fin est ce qui se rapproche le plus du 1er album, mais celui ci est nettement plus metal, tout en étant moins impressionnant guitaristiquement parlant. Je n'ai pas noté de parties lead intéressantes et il y a beaucoup de riffs typés death melo moderne pas très mémorisable...m'enfin, je me ferai une idée plus précise après quelques écoutes supplémentaires. :)
Un album qui ferait parler de lui...si il y avait beaucoup de personnes intéressées! :D
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Non, je ne l'ai toujours pas... :nul: :(

Ca m'intrigue ce que tu dis là ! Faut que je me rattrape ! :D :rock:
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

James Labrie - Impermanent Resonance

Message par Everflow »

After his much-acclaimed "Static Impulse" release in 2010, DREAM THEATER frontman James LaBrie returns with a powerful new studio album entitled "Impermanent Resonance", to be released August 6 in North America and July 29 in Europe via InsideOut Music.

"Impermanent Resonance" was once again conceived with LaBrie's songwriting partner for over a dozen years, Matt Guillory. Guillory not only took the leading rôle in composing the material, he also handled all of the keyboards and background vocals.

The album's lineup is intact from the previous recording, featuring Marco Sfogli from Italy on guitar, Ray Riendeau (HALFORD, MACHINES OF LOVING GRACE) on bass and Swedish drummer Peter Wildoer (DARKANE, MAJESTIC), who was a finalist in the DREAM THEATER drum auditions. Additionally, former SOILWORK guitarist Peter Wichers came into the fold to contribute songwriting and studio guitars.

"To me, this album incorporates and continues with the styles and musical direction that we have created with the previous releases," says James LaBrie. "The difference being that the music on this disc is to me a true telling of the songs evolving and taking on a sense of identity that is every band's ultimate goal. It is powerful, memorable, hook-driven and above all extremely musical. It shows how the writing and the band itself have matured. I truly feel that this is our quintessential album."

"Impermanent Resonance" was once again mixed and mastered at Sweden's Fascination Street recording studios (KREATOR, OPETH, PARADISE LOST, SYMPHONY X) with Jens Bogren and this time also Tony Lindgren. Visually, Canadian LaBrie hooked up with Gustavo Sazes (ARCH ENEMY, FIREWIND, KAMELOT) to capture and translate the album's atmosphere into the striking artwork.

Some of the songs included on "Impermanent Resonance", which combines the heaviness of Gothenburg-sound influenced progressive metal with the catchiness of contemporary rock, are "Agony", "Back On The Ground", "Undertow", "I Got You" and "Amnesia".

"Impermanent Resonance" recording lineup:

James LaBrie - Lead Vocals
Matt Guillory - Keyboards, Background Vocals
Marco Sfogli - Guitars
Ray Riendeau - Bass
Peter Wildoer - Drums, Screams

"Static Impulse" sold around 1,700 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 14 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

"Static Impulse" was released on September 28, 2010 (one day earlier internationally) via InsideOut Music. The CD was LaBrie's first solo effort in over five years.

Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Les albums solo de James Labrie sont plutôt cool, donc j'ai hâte d'entendre ça ! :rock:
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Extrait :

Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Bien cool cette chanson ! :rock: :rock: :rock:
AUPA BO Image
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

J'allais dire que ça me faisait penser à du Soilwork récent avant de lire que Peter Witchers figurait sur l'album :oui:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

J'ai écouté la première moitié hier et ça n'annonce très bien ! :rock:
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un EP vient compléter l'album :
This is such an intense period for James LaBrie. Following the success of his latest album Impermanent Resonance, the Dream Theater singer is now announcing a new solo EP called I Will Not Break. The digital EP will be released on January 6th, 2014 in Europe and January 14th in North America via InsideOut.

Here you can listen to the EP's title track, "I Will Not Break":
01. I Will Not Break
02. Unraveling
03. Why
04. Coming Home [alternate mix]
05. Jekyll Or Hyde [demo]
06. Just Watch Me [demo]
07. I Tried [Jason Miller remix]
08. Over The Edge [Mutrix remix]
09. Euphoric [NeonGenesis remix]

James LaBrie checked in to comment about the upcoming EP: "Hey Everyone! Matt, Marco, Peter, Ray and yours truly are very pleased to release this digital EP. It will show some of the songs with alternate mixes as well as letting you hear Matt's exceptional voice with some of the songs in their demo versions. We also had 3 of the songs mixed in dub step stylings to give them a somewhat interesting flavour and twist. Hope you all enjoy this release, I personally think it is very cool. All the best in the New Year and see you out there..."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

James Labrie

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel album :
James LaBrie, known internationally as the vocalist for progressive metal icons Dream Theater, embarks on uncharted waters with his fourth solo album, titled Beautiful Shade Of Grey, out on May 20. Today sees the launch of the album’s first single and opening track, “Devil In Drag”, and you can watch the Wayne Joyner-produced video below.

The new endeavour sees him traverse personal maturation, loss, a myriad of complex relationships, and most importantly – LaBrie’s burning passion for music. On paper, the latest studio offering from the Canadian singer first took shape shortly after the global pandemic began to emerge. But in reality, LaBrie formed a bond with his fellow collaborator, bassist Paul Logue (Eden’s Curse), nearly a decade earlier.

The two first met in 2011, when James would lend his voice to a feature for Logue’s band, UK melodic metal outfit Eden’s Curse, on the song “No Holy Man”. As years went by the two remained in touch, occasionally kicking the tires on the idea of working together on another project. But when Dream Theater performed in Glasgow during the late winter of 2020, LaBrie and Logue would run into each other at the airport – once again asking the question. But this time, armed with the knowledge that a drastic change in the world was all but imminent, LaBrie made the decision to set things in motion.

On the album, Logue plays acoustic rhythm guitar (both six & twelve string) and acoustic bass, while guitarist Marco Sfogli, who’s contributed on all of LaBrie’s solo albums since 2005’s ‘Elements of Persuasion’, handled the leads and solos. Logue recruited Eden’s Curse keyboardist Christian Pulkkinen to lend his playing on the record, while the suggestion to recruit James’s son Chance to play drums would also come from Paul. Beautiful Shade Of Grey, as LaBrie describes it, was a title that only came to him once he identified the record’s two core themes throughout its track list. “A lot of these lyrics are dealing with the beauty of human beings, and a lot are dealing with the grey areas of the in between. You’re not exactly happy, but you’re not exactly sad, either.”

The record starts off (and ends) with the track “Devil In Drag”, which emerges as a wall of synthesizers and acoustic strumming before exploding into a full-blown ensemble. LaBrie expresses that the song was written about “someone who started out as a decent human being, but along the way lost touch with their roots – overtime becoming self-serving, narcissistic and devoid of principles or values.” Going on to say, “’Devil In Drag’ is written from the perspective of someone who’s known them all their life and, seeing them now, asking ‘what happened?’”

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Très relax encore une fois.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality