Marty Friedman - Inferno

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Marty Friedman sort un nouvel album solo annoncé plus intense que les précédents :
Perhaps the most revered lead guitarist in thrash metal history, Marty Friedman — whose groundbreaking work with MEGADETH, CACOPHONY and as a solo artist has influenced legions of players around the globe — is putting the finishing touches on a new studio album, "Inferno".

Tentatively set for a spring release, the CD — Friedman's first original material in four years, and his first album in more than a decade that will be released simultaneously worldwide — will feature what Friedman feels is the heaviest, most intense playing of his career.

A one-minute teaser can be heard below.

"I'm extremely proud of the work I've done with CACOPHONY and MEGADETH, but I was never interested in stopping there," Friedman says. "'Inferno' is the album that fans of my work with those two bands have always wanted me to make. I've finally made it, and completely on my own maniacal terms."

As Guitar World recently revealed in an exclusive in-studio feature, "Inferno" will include several collaborations with players influenced by Friedman, including Alexi Laiho (CHILDREN OF BODOM), REVOCATION guitar whiz David Davidson and the flamenco/metal acoustic duo RODRIGO Y GABRIELA. In addition, the album includes Friedman's first songwriting collaboration with Jason Becker since the pair played together in the pioneering duo of guitar mayhem CACOPHONY.

"On the guests' songs, each would write a song from scratch, and then I would arrange it and add my parts to it," Friedman says. "That way, we were both invested in it, and it’s a little bit of a deeper experience than just banging out a guest solo."

Make no mistake, though — "Inferno" is unquestionably a Marty Friedman album, and one he plans to tour behind extensively (including his first U.S. performances since 2003). Furthermore, it features what Friedman told Guitar World is "the most intense writing and playing I can do," with the goal of "go(ing) completely ape-shit and smok(ing) everything else I've ever done."

"I wanted to create a new landmark to which my future music will be compared," Friedman elaborates further. "That idea of just going completely balls-out — knowing what the full potential of my music and my playing could possibly be, and actually making it a reality — was what drove me through the whole process."

Just as he changed the game in the worlds of metal and guitar once before with his revered solo debut "Dragon's Kiss", Friedman now raises the bar to a new level for a new generation with "Inferno". More information on the album will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former ... IYbxIb7.99

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

de sympathiques guests, j'ai quelques bribes du "Tokyo Jukebox 2", c'était pas fameux. :lol:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un premier extrait complet :

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

un peu décousu entre les parties solo et rythmiques, mais pas mal du tout cet extrait, quand on sait les daubes qu'il a pondues apres Megadeth.
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Mouai, pas très convaincu avec cet extrait!
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Jason Becker a participé indirectement à ce disque, Marty Friedman explique comment :
VintageRock.com spoke with former MEGADETH guitarist Marty Friedman at this year's NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show, which is taking place January 23-26 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. You can now watch the chat below.

Friedman's new studio album, "Inferno", will be released in May via Prosthetic Records. The CD will contain several collaborations with players influenced by Friedman, including Alexi Laiho (CHILDREN OF BODOM), REVOCATION guitar whiz David Davidson and the flamenco/metal acoustic duo RODRIGO Y GABRIELA. In addition, the album includes Friedman's first songwriting collaboration with Jason Becker since the pair played together in the pioneering duo of guitar mayhem CACOPHONY.

Regarding his brand new collaboration with Becker — who was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, a.k.a. Lou Gehrig's Disease) at age 20, shortly after joining David Lee Roth's band for the gold-selling 1991 album "A Little Ain't Enough" — Marty said: "[Jason is] able to make music, but he's not able to play guitar. If you see the [documentary] movie 'Not Dead Yet', you'll learn how he does it with his eye movements, because that's all he can move. But his brain is completely intact and his music has evolved, just like any other musician would have evolved over time. So it's really insane how his evolved his music is."

He continued: "I wanted to have one song where [Jason and I] could collaborate, just like we used to collaborate together in CACOPHONY. And what he did was he gave me a bunch of his musical ideas to choose from, and I chose from those, and then I arranged them. And I added my parts to those and I fleshed it out into a complete kind of an opus of a song — it's really long; it's, like, seven and a half minutes or something. And then it came to the point where now I've gotta play Jason's parts of have someone play Jason's parts. So, basically, I played everything that was electric. But there's an acoustic section of the song that I'd rather have an acoustic master play than me, 'cause I'm totally a half-assed acoustic player. So I had a friend of mine named Ewan Dobson, who is also a friend of Jason's, I had him play what Jason wrote and what I arranged of Jason's parts, I had him be Jason. So I had him come into the studio and be Jason, and I had him play exactly the way I had arranged Jason's material. And it was literally just like sitting in a room with Jason and having him play it, because [Ewan] didn't diverge from what was actually written at all, he just interpreted it exactly the way it was… It was written down — I arranged it, I had it written down — so he just nailed it completely perfectly and I wanted to make sure it was true to a Marty-and-Jason collaboration. I mean, [Ewan is] a fantastic guitarist — I would love to collaborate with him sometime — but on this, it was all about the Marty-and-Jason thing. So I had him do the Jason parts on acoustic, and I played everything else on electric. Of course, I play nothing like Jason."

Friedman also spoke in more detail about the track itself, telling VintageRock.com: "The song, it's definitely CACOPHONY, and it's definitely what [Jason and I] would be doing in 2014 and the future. So it's very evolved, it's very new, but it's definitely the two of us. And it came to life thanks to Jason's willingness to contribute and to Ewan's willingness to be Jason for me."

He continued: "I played a rough mix for Jason the other day, and he just loved it. We finished mixing it this week.

"I wanna play it for everybody so bad, but I guess you'll just have to wait until May. I'm very pleased with it."

According to Friedman, his relationship with Becker has not changed since Jason was diagnosed with ALS more than two decades ago.

"To know Jason, to know his story…. Of course, ALS is the worst thing ever, it's an unbelievably sad, horrible situation," Marty explained. "But Jason, whenever [we are in contact with each other], ever since he's had it, it's the same as it ever was, just the same as friends. We never talk about, 'Oh, it's so sad, I'm so bummed, I'm so depressed.' We totally insult each other like we always did, we put down each other's favorite football teams, we call each other bastards… I mean, nothing has changed; his brain is just as perverted as he ever was. He's exactly the same. His spirit is just perfect. And just seeing him in that situation gives me so much inspiration. And now people will hear the incarnate of something that we've done together in 2014, and I'm just so glad that it's happening. And it's a very important part of my record. I mean, it's a big, important part of the record."

Friedman's first original material in four years, and his first album in more than a decade that will be released simultaneously worldwide, "Inferno" will feature what Friedman feels is the heaviest, most intense playing of his career.

"I'm extremely proud of the work I've done with CACOPHONY and MEGADETH, but I was never interested in stopping there," Friedman said. "'Inferno' is the album that fans of my work with those two bands have always wanted me to make. I've finally made it, and completely on my own maniacal terms."

He added: "On the guests' songs, each would write a song from scratch, and then I would arrange it and add my parts to it," Friedman said. "That way, we were both invested in it, and it’s a little bit of a deeper experience than just banging out a guest solo."

Make no mistake, though — "Inferno" is unquestionably a Marty Friedman album, and one he plans to tour behind extensively (including his first U.S. performances since 2003). Furthermore, it features what Friedman told Guitar World is "the most intense writing and playing I can do," with the goal of "go(ing) completely ape-shit and smok(ing) everything else I've ever done."

"I wanted to create a new landmark to which my future music will be compared," Friedman said. "That idea of just going completely balls-out — knowing what the full potential of my music and my playing could possibly be, and actually making it a reality — was what drove me through the whole process."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/marty- ... 2fOVvWl.99
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

La liste des titres avec tous les guests :
Due out in late May via Prosthetic Records (except in Japan, where the album will be released by Universal Music), Inferno - recorded primarily in Los Angeles with engineer Chris Rakestraw (DANZIG, CHILDREN OF BODOM) and mixed by Jens Bogren (OPETH, AMON AMARTH) - features what Friedman recently told Guitar World is "the most intense writing and playing I can do". The album also includes notable guest appearances by several artists influenced by Friedman, including flamenco/metal acoustic guitar duo RODRIGO y GARBRIELA, Children of Bodom front man Alexi Laiho, SKYHARBOR mastermind Keshav Dhar and REVOCATION guitar whiz David Davidson, as well as Friedman's first songwriting collaboration with JASON BECKER since the pair played together in CACOPHONY, the pioneering duo of guitar mayhem.

In addition, Inferno breaks all genre rules and creates new ones with an exhilarating and musically daring mash-up with Jørgen Munkeby of the acclaimed "blackjazz" act SHINING, as well as two tracks featuring vocals by rock guru DANKO JONES. Overall, Inferno is by far Friedman's most thrilling and adventurous effort to date.

Tracklisting:

'Inferno'
'Resin'
'Wicked Panacea' (feat. Rodrigo y Gabriela)
'Steroidhead' (feat. Keshav Dhar)
'I Can't Relax' (feat. Danko Jones)
'Meat Hook' (feat. Jørgen Munkeby)
'Hyper Doom'
'Sociopaths' (feat. David Davidson)
'Lycanthrope' (feat. Alexi Laiho & Danko Jones)
'Undertow'
'Horrors' (co-written by Jason Becker)
'Inferno' -reprise-

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Nouvel extrait :

L'album sort le 26 mai.

Pierre Desproges
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Je voulais aller le voir à Essen, mais vu le prix... (sans parler des kits VIP :lol: ) :nul:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Bof bof le morceau....
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
PE
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par PE »

Thrashos a écrit :Je voulais aller le voir à Essen, mais vu le prix... (sans parler des kits VIP :lol: ) :nul:
23 euros c'est trop cher ?
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

LeMetalLesFesses a écrit :Bof bof le morceau....
Je le trouve pas trop mal... Enfin, disons que j'attendais largement pire ! :lol: :D
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un autre extrait, avec en guest Jørgen Munkeby (SHINING), au saxophone :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La foire à la saucisse :up:
Bon, j'en retiens pas grand chose, hormis le fait que le solo de saxo à 1'06 est fabuleux. :D
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Houlà... :/
AUPA BO Image
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Encore un extrait, avec le chanteur/guitariste de Revocation :

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le titre co-écrit avec Jason Becker en écoute :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Alors LA, c'est forcément une évocation de Cacophony!
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Complètement ! Friedman le revendique d'ailleurs. En prévenant dans la foulée qu'il ne faut pas s'attendre à d'autres formes de retour sur cette période !

Sinon, album pas bien transcendant quand même... :(
AUPA BO Image
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Autre clip :

Pierre Desproges
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Bon, j'ai réécouté l'album depuis... Pas si mal, ça se laisse écouter... Mais bon, pas grandiose quand même... :guitare:
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Marty révèle qu'il ne serait pas/plus contre de rejouer avec Megadeth, mais uniquement dans le cadre d'un évènement spécial :
On whether he ever really considered returning to MEGADETH:

Marty: "Well, you know, for the longest time, it was just the farthest thing from my mind ever. Ever since I did [my latest solo album] 'Inferno', I've done so much stuff in America than I'd never done before, and then I started to really get a grip on what people think of MEGADETH's stuff that I did. And I hadn't forgotten about it, but I really had no idea the kind of impact and the enthusiasm that the fans of that era actually have. I'd never really seen it with my eyes, because I kind of got sidetracked so deeply in Japan… I was kind of oblivious about the long-lasting effect, and the record company [Prosthetic Records] definitely told me… Of course, it sounds like they're blowing sunshine up my skirt. But they really said, 'Look, some of the stuff that you did with them is really legendary, and people really have embraced it.' So doing promotion for 'Inferno', when that came out, I got to kind of feel firsthand that people really, really love it. And as much as I don't really like to think nostalgically and go back and redo something that I've already done, I considered it, and I would still consider something — like an event with MEGADETH — because the fans would love it; for no other reason than that. But the main 'but' is it has to be done absolutely right. It has to be done really cool, really special, really well, well organized. Everybody has to be on their shit. They have to look great, play great. The thing has to be conceptually great, the staff has to be really fantastic, and management, and it has to be done a thousand percent proper in every possible way, or it just is not gonna be done. When that day happens, I'll be happy to listen to an offer. And I'm still in great friendship with everybody in the band. So it could happen. But it's certainly not at the top of the list of anything that I would do. I would never consider it before, but I would consider it now, only because I'm hearing firsthand what people think in America of it."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/what-w ... yxfK0fq.99
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

L'album sort dans une édition deluxe vendredi, avec 2 inédits dont celui-ci :

Autour de Marty :
Drums - Anup Sastry (Jeff Loomis, Intervals)
Bass - Chris Aiken (Strung Out)
Rhythm guitar - Keshav Dhar (Skyharbor)
Lead vocals - Danko Jones
Backing vocals - Daniel Tompkins (Tesseract)

Pierre Desproges
Répondre