Alice Cooper - Dirty Diamonds

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est le titre de son prochain album, dont voici un petit descriptif qui semble annoncer un retour au style des années 70... ainsi que le retour de la guillotine sur scène ;)
How serious is ALICE COOPER about making his upcoming release a "pure Alice album"? Here's a hint: The godfather of shock rock has decided to bring the guillotine back to his stage show.

So expect heads to roll once again when Cooper's Dirty Diamonds debuts this June. This isn't a concept album, like recent outings Brutal Planet and Dragontown. Instead, Cooper says, he took a suggestion from his old producer Bob Ezrin, who helmed such Cooper classics as Killer and School's Out.

"One of the things Bob said was, 'If you're just gonna do twelve songs, how about twelve great songs -- no filler? If I hear filler on your album, I'll personally come beat you to death with a hammer,'" explains a chuckling Cooper, who says he's bounced ideas off Ezrin throughout his career.

"He expects the best out of me," Cooper adds. "So I refused to write a song that you can't sit down at a piano and play -- the verse, the chorus and the B-section."

Dirty Diamonds was actually overseen by Steve Lindsey, who co-produced Cooper's 2004 duet with rapper Xzibit ‘Stand’ (off the official Olympics Games album, Unity) and has worked with Elton John, Luther Vandross and Leonard Cohen.

Cooper describes the title track of Dirty Diamonds as an "epic" similar to his multilayered 1971 song ‘Halo of Flies’. "I tried to make it as cinematic as possible -- so it's definitely got a little bit of a John Barry-ish, James Bond-ish thing," he says. "I think if this song had come out five months earlier, it would've been in the movie Sin City, because it has that kind of mentality to it."

Another new tune is ‘The Saga Of Jesse Jane’, the tale of a cross-dressing truck driver. "There's always three or four pretty funny songs," Cooper says, "and a couple of great ballads. But we pride ourselves on the rock & roll."

Cooper is preparing to debut his new live show, the Dirty Diamonds Revue, in Australia and Europe this summer, with KISS drummer Eric Singer part of the band once again. According to Cooper, the tour -- which will feature "a lot of classic hits, a couple of pretty good stage tricks and a full-out production" -- should make its way to the U.S. by September.

While he made headlines last year by calling artists who campaigned for Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry "morons," Cooper says he doesn't begrudge activist rockers their say.

"You're American, you get to do that," he says. "And now if you live in Baghdad, you get to do that, too."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Tant mieux !
Il a fait le tour de la periode "Brutal Planet", et l'intermède rock'n roll de "The eyes..." etait bien sympa. Mais s'il nous pond des hymnes comme dans les 70s... :rock: :rock: :rock:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
metallian
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metallian »

He's back the man beyind the mask :rock: :rock:
ImageImage
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Ah ouais, un petit retour aux 70's ça serait cool !! :rock: :rock:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

ça sort le 2 Août :rock:
"'Dirty Diamonds' sounds like 'Eyes of Alice Cooper' with more polish on it," says Alice. "On 'Eyes' I wouldn't allow the band to do overdubs. We did everything in the studio: write, record it and put it to bed. I don't want a QUEEN album or a DEF LEPPARD album that's perfectly recorded. They're terrific, you can't knock those albums, but that's not the sound I'm looking for. I'd much rather have the sound of an early STONES album." And that's exactly what "Dirty Diamonds" is — a nod to the British Invasion past while acknowledging the Nu-rock WHITE STRIPES/JET present. Guitars and solos are strip-searched of effects, giving sharp bite to songs like "Woman of Mass Distraction", a smoker's cough sheen to "Your Own Worst Enemy" and testosterone feistiness of "Steal That Car". "This whole album takes you in a lot of different directions," he says, "yet it still really sounds like an Alice album." His roadmap this time takes you through glam-trash ["Dirty Diamonds"], last call blues ["Six Hours"], all-purpose punk ["Steal That Car"], country & western ["Saga of Jesse Jane"], New Orleans' swampy mugginess ["Zombie Dance"], and undiluted south-of-the-belt-buckle, STONES hard rock ["Sunset Babies (All Got Rabies)"].

And there's no shortage of razor-tongued, phrase twisting — like his famous black eyes, another Alice plot device. In "Run Down The Devil", when he catches Satan ("the ultimate road kill") in his headlights, he promises to "take him to the Mercury grill" and "kick his future up his past." He even punks Chihuahua-toting Paris Hilton types in "Sunset Babies" with the line, "I'd buy her a diamond collar, if she'd only throw me a bone." "The art of the lyric is something I spend all my time on," says Alice. "I love the idea that a song will throw a lyrical curve at you or at least make you go, that's an Alice lyric. I learned to write lyrics from listening to Chuck Berry who is maybe the best rock lyricist. I always said an Alice lyric should always be a cut above everyone else when it comes to clever. If I can make myself laugh, then I know it's a good lyric." A prime example comes in the form of a country western ballad, "The Saga of Jesse Jane", whose cross-dressing main character finds himself jailed in a Texas town "in my sister's wedding gown." The song asks, "Are you just a normal guy who dresses like a butterfly?" "I say we should release that to country & western radio and not tell anybody who it's from. [laughs] I tried to make it sound like Johnny Cash. I can hear this playing in a truck stop jukebox. The idea that it has clever lyrics shouldn't take away from the fact that the song is actually a catchy number."

Of the many standout tracks, Alice professes fondness for the song, "Perfect". While its middle-finger guitar riff and lyrical swagger points a straight line back to "Love It To Death" and "Be My Lover", Alice says it has more in common with Meet THE BEATLES. "I just absolutely pride myself on that song. Wouldn't it be great to be able to write 'I Saw Her Standing There' or 'You're Gonna Lose That Girl'? Any three-minute BEATLES song. I finally wrote something I feel could've been a BEATLES song at one point, even if it was a BEATLES song they would've thrown away.

One of the album's more deceptive tracks is "Pretty Ballerina", a dark ballad imbued with Alice's eerie softer voice, veiled in classic Cooper unease. "That was originally written by a band called THE LEFT BANKE who had a hit with 'Walk Away Renee', says Alice. "'Pretty Ballerina' was their second hit. I heard it when I was a kid in 1965-66. It's just such a great curveball; it sounds a little bit like 'Only Women Bleed'. It has that delicacy and darkness, even though when you listen to it it's just a love song. The way it was written really appeals to that darker romantic side of me."

Writing and recording "Dirty Diamonds" with Alice is his band, longtime guitarist Ryan Roxie, recent addition guitarist Damon Johnson (best known for his band BROTHER CANE), bassist Chuck Garric and drummer Tommy Clufetos. Unlike Alice's 2003 album "The Eyes of Alice Cooper", which featured the band and only the band with virtually no overdubs, "Dirty Diamonds" has a more arranged and produced feel to it, and features additional contributions by a host of highly regarded L.A. musicians and writers, including guitarist Rick Boston (RICKIE LEE JONES), bassist Mike Elizondo (EMINEM, 50 CENT) and keyboardist Teddy Zigzag (who has worked with everyone from GUNS 'N ROSES to CAROLE KING).

"I really look at 'Dirty Diamonds' as an Alice gem. There are no fillers. Pick any song you think might be a single and I'm happy with that song representing the album. That to me is quality. Every track has got to be a great song, which is something I learned from Bob Ezrin." (producer of the Alice Cooper platinum classics "Love It To Death", "School's Out", "Billion-Dollar Babies", and "Welcome To My Nightmare", as well as PINK FLOYD and KISS). Co-produced by Steve Lindsey (who has worked with everyone from Leonard Cohen to Elton John) and Rick Boston, the minimalist "set it and forget it" approach captures Alice Cooper in all his timeless black humor and raw wound glory. "With Steve we were able to write it, record it and move on to the next song," says Alice. "He's one of those guys who has the same kind of music pedigree as Ezrin. We were on the same page as far as the kind of music we were talking about." The only song that indulges mapped-out production is the title track, with a movie soundtrack horn section that recalls the "West Side Story" spin of "Gutter Cats Vs. The Jets". "Almost everything through Alice Cooper has had a cinematic sound to it. Think of 'Dirty Diamonds' as being a James Bond movie. That's something that Alice does that nobody else does," he says.

"Dirty Diamonds" is pure Alice Cooper. He's still and forever rock's reigning shock rock icon. "I always treated Alice as a dignified criminal, like Hannibal Lecter," he says. "Lecter would never lower himself to use bad language. Alice was always too much of an elegant gentleman; He wouldn't swear…but he'd slit your throat."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La tracklist :

01. Woman Of Mass Distraction
02. You Make Me Wanna
03. Perfect
04. Dirty Diamonds
05. Pretty Ballerina
06. Sunset Babies (All Got Rabies)
07. Zombie Dance
08. The Saga Of Jesse Jane
09. Six Hours
10. Steal That Car
11. Run Down The Devil
12. Your Own Worst Enemy
13. The Sharpest Pain (Bonus)
CARPE DIEM
St Anger
St Anger

Message par CARPE DIEM »

bordel ça dort le 2 aout !!! on aura donc droit j'espère à des nouveaux titres le 11 juillet prochain !!!
My lifestyle determines my deathstyle
CARPE DIEM
St Anger
St Anger

Message par CARPE DIEM »

euh c'est marrant mais là ils l'auraient le 4 juillet !!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 40-6346034
metallian
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metallian »

ImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'était juste un brouillon, la pochette définitive est visible ici :

http://www.alicecoopertrivia.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
KYLEN
Friend Of Alice Cooper
Friend Of Alice Cooper

Message par KYLEN »

Fangface a écrit :ça sort le 2 Août :rock:
Le lendemain de la date à MONACO !!! :bang:
ImageImage
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Je viens de voir dans la rue une affiche géante sur le mur pour son concert à l'Olympia :rock:

mais putain il a pris un coup de vieux le Alice :o
CARPE DIEM
St Anger
St Anger

Message par CARPE DIEM »

bah il à 60 ans le père alice !!!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La tournée risque d'être fun... :D
Alice Cooper has a word of warning for anyone attending his November UK shows. "If I were in the first 20 rows, I wouldn't wear my best clothes," he told Classic Rock recently. "The show does have a tendency to spill into the audience a bit..."

Cooper, who releases a new album Dirty Diamonds in July will be supported by TWISTED SISTER, and he promises "a lot of fun" as well as a production that will keep changing - the staging, the costumes, the lights, the attitude, the mood - it gradually travels into "the bigger theatrical world of Alice - the psychodrama".
CARPE DIEM
St Anger
St Anger

Message par CARPE DIEM »

j'suis au neuvième rang à l'olympia :D j'vais en prendre plein la tronche si j'ai tout compris ? :D par contre ce serait pas twisted à paris mais revenge !! :(
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Putain cool pour Revenge !!! Si ce sont les mêmes auxquels je pense !! :up: :up: :up:
CARPE DIEM
St Anger
St Anger

Message par CARPE DIEM »

bah j'vois que ce groupe là !!
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Excellent ! Ils vont mettre le feu à l'Olympia ! Trop contents pour ces mecs qui sont des gens adorables et rock'n roll ! ça va les changer des dates à Villereversure, dans la pacoule bressoise ! :lol:
j'espère qu'ils sortiront le micro géant et qu'ils reprendront du Accept ;)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une phrase de Cooper dans une interview récente, à propos de sa longévité et de sa forme actuelle, terrible la réponse :D
"I have never been in better shape in my life so I don't see any end to it right now," he said. "But I am realistic. MICK JAGGER is six years older than me, so when Jagger ends, I have got six more years because I'm not going to let him outlive me."
CARPE DIEM
St Anger
St Anger

Message par CARPE DIEM »

:lol: :lol: excellent !!!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

On peut déjà écouter des extraits de l'album sur :

http://www.melodicrock.com/minibytes.html
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et EMI en profitent pour sortir un nouvel album live, enregistré en 1996 :
The ALICE COOPER SickThingsUK site (http://www.alicecoopertrivia.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk) is reporting that according to TotalRock, Alice is to have a live album released through EMI on August 15th.

To be called Live 'N' Slippery, it was recorded in San Lucas, Mexico on June 2nd, 1996 at SAMMY HAGAR's Cabo Wabo Cantina.
Saracdclabanane
Defendeuse of the Leatherface
Defendeuse of the Leatherface

Message par Saracdclabanane »

Ah ah excellentissime alors!Mon correspondant australien l a vu en concert la semaine derniere et il m a franchement donné l eau a la bouche *_* !Et dire qu'étant toute petite je pensais qu'Alice Cooper était une femme! :hum:
"Le solo de Zakk Wylde m'a tuer"
ZiGGy
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par ZiGGy »

Fangface a écrit :Et EMI en profitent pour sortir un nouvel album live, enregistré en 1996
Tiens ça me brancherait bien un live pour boucher un trou de mon inculture. Il en a fait des bien foutus Cooper ?
:bouffon: Et c'est ainsi qu'Allah est grand. :bouffon:
CARPE DIEM
St Anger
St Anger

Message par CARPE DIEM »

c'est pas la réédition du Fistful of alice ce live ??? Bizarre, c'est enregistré au même endroit !!!

Sinon, non seulement je peux pas lire les mp3 mais en plus l'album est toujours pas dispo dans les fnac et autres virgin :grr: :grr: :grr:

J'AIMERAIS BIEN POUVOIR ECOUTER CE NOUVEL ALBUM AVANT LUNDI :grr:
Répondre